B13 The Peacekeeper

By bagsybaggins

|Third story of A14| ×My Weakness makes me Stronger× The Gladers reached the end of the maze, being saved by... More

|1| - Help
|2| - Too Late
|3| - The Heart of the Revolution
|4| - Immunity
|5| - Infultration
|6| - The Radio Escape
|7| - Confrontation
|8| - The Encounter
|9| - The Discovery
|10| - His Story
|11| - The Attack
|12| - Shadows across the Room
|13| - Whispers
|14| - The Mission
|15| - Unraveling
|17| - Never the Same
|18| - The Nightmare
|19| - The Recovery
|20| - The End of the Past (E1)
|21| - Start of the Future (E2)
|22| - Notes of the Past (PETER'S ENDING)
**HB13**

|16| - Like sands in an hourglass

1.8K 62 148
By bagsybaggins

:LUCY POV:

I stared at the last place I had seen her, the doors now shut. I felt frozen in place, shocked at what had happened. My heart was heavy as I felt the steady stream of tears beginning to grow violently stronger. 

"She had the flare, she would have died since we have no cure."

I turn to face Ava, my glare directed purely at her. I stomp at her, leaning over her. I held a knife in front of her throat, something I barely remember pulling out.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I hissed.

Her eyes were wide, and turning glassy with fear-filled tears. She swallowed thickly, her eyes darting down at the knife before looking back at me.

"She didn't tell you?"

I pressed the tip a little harder, breaking a small amount of skin. 

"Lucy. Enough, calm down." 

I glare at John before I see movement behind him. I met Benny's eyes, they were filled with fear too. I sighed softly, my energy fading rapidly, descending into sadness. I walked back to my seat, sitting down as the knife clattered to the seat beside me. 

"What do you mean she had the flare?" Gally asked, breaking the silence.

Ava cleared her throat, rubbing it with her hand and whipping away the blood. "When YN first came to visit me, threaten me for the plans. She showed me her arm, the first stages of the Flare are the black veins. She's had almost reached up to her elbow last time."

I cuss softly under my breath as I realize she hadn't told me. She hadn't told me that she had the flare. But my mind paused in mid-thought. 

What about her family? 

She never got to see her family.

/THE RIGHT ARM\

[NEWT POV]

We had finally made it to the right arm. And as far as I could see, no YN. 

I held onto Emmy's hand as we walked through the camp, Thomas in a tent with Brenda who had clasped from having the flare bite. Emmy was looking around at everything, a small smile on her face as she skipped along by my side.

"Hey!" I turned around at the voice calling out, noticing that it was the blond girl that had found our group.

"You're Newt and Emmy, right?" She asked.

I nodded my head, slightly confused as to how she knew our names. 

She grins widely at me, occasionally glancing at Emmy. "I'm Sonya, your little sister."

I blink in surprise before frowning. "What- how do you-"

"YN, she was in our maze. She got us all out, she remembered everything. I trust her not to lie to me, and she told me that you are my brother. Just like how her brother is Thomas." Sonya explains.

I stare a moment before nodding my head slightly. "Oh, alright. Sorry, I don't have my memories either. But where is she?"

Sonya blinked twice before smiling nervously. "Well, she's out right now. The last we heard of them was two days ago. They said they had a plan to bring down WICKED, and that they would be back soon."

My eyes widened and I hear Emmy gasp slightly. 

"She's coming back here? What about Uncle Pete? Is he coming back?" Emmy asked.

Sonya looked down at Emmy, before kneeling down to her level. She smiled kindly before nodding her head.

"Yeah, YN's coming back. And she's bringing Peter and Lucy with her." Sonya whispered to Emmy while I watched as Emmy let go of my hand. 

Emmy hugged Sonya tightly, who returned the hug. I smiled down at them before glancing over to the horizon as the sun was beating down on my skin. I felt light a small weight had been lifted off of my chest, knowing that she was coming here, and soon. WICKED would be gone, and we would be helping with its destruction.

I turned back to Sonya when I heard her stand up, Emmy choosing to cling to her hand.

"I was wanting to ask. Who's the girl you brought with you? I didn't know that Maze A had another girl in it. At least, YN didn't mention it."

I sigh softly. "Teresa arrived last, after Thomas. Same to your maze with Aris."

Her eyes widened before she nodded, thinking look on her face. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense."

\THE RUINS OF WICKED/

|THIRD POV|

The burning buildings filled the streets with smoke, and burning cars. Dead bodies from those who had fought on either side, they laid on the street as others continue their own fighting. The gaping hole in the wall, with scattered rubble scattered around it, the sun was barely shining through the smoke.

Sounds echoed off of the buildings, from inside and around it. Gunshots, bombs, shouting, screaming, crying. Even the sound of a maniac's laughter filled the air. 

"Come on, wake up! Damn it!" He cursed.

He lifted her arm over his shoulder, the parachute disregarded behind him. Her body was limp against him, her head lulled forward as he started to make his way towards the hole that Lawrence had blown up.

 "Is a little WICKED guard trying to escape? Oh no no, we can't let that happen." A voice announces from behind him.

Peter curses beneath his breath, looking over YN's arm to see about five or more of Lawrence's people.

"I'm not WICKED-"

"Say's the one in the WICKED uniform, sure." A female said, black veins already on her face.

Peter shuffled around, facing them, hoping that maybe one of them would recognize him. Or maybe even YN. 

"Please, just let us go. I need to get her back home-"

"You aren't going anywhere, boy."

Peter glared at the man, thinking of an escape plan in his head. Maybe he could shoot them with the bullets he had in his gun. He mentally cursed himself for not taking off the uniform on the berg.

His eyes darted down to the girl that had been unconscious since she had fallen from the Berg. He watched as her eyes began to flutter, before opening. He completely ignored the people threatening to kill the two of them, instead choosing to focus on placing her on the ground. 

"Hey, YN, hey look at me. I need you to stay awake. Okay-"

"Peter?" She mumbled her words slurred slightly.

Peter nodded his head, opening his mouth to say something else before he was picked up by his collar.

"Enough of this sad soppy goodbyes. Time to die WICKED-"

Peter felt himself being dropped back onto his ass just as quick as he had been picked up. He looks up in confusion before his eyes widened. 

"YN-"

"Put it down WICKED, just admit defeat and die!"

YN glared at the people that had threatened her and Peter. Her eyes didn't go to his as she held a knife to the man's throat.

"Turn around and walk away. This is your only warning." YN said, her voice thick with something Peter had never heard before.

The girl, who had pointed the gun at YN, changed her aim towards Peter.

Peter felt adrenalin shoot through him, along with fear as he looked at the barrel of the gun.

The sound of the gunshot blended into the screams and cries of the people in the ruins of WICKED. No one questioned the sound of it, nor thought of it as it disappeared from their minds.

**TMR MEME TIME**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 361 38
She is able to heal all other wounds, but is unable to save herself. The sequel to The Healer; a combination of The Scorch and Death Cure. Follow Ev...
43.9K 897 38
*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *Going along by the movies* "Always prote...
7.7K 240 27
{SEQUEL TO "BECAUSE OF YOU"} "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒘 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰'𝒎 𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈." They've escaped the Maze...
307K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...