The Son of The Bat

By Supernerd17

Tales of a baby Damian Wayne and his interactions with his father and brothers. Please comment! More

Chapter 1: New Arrival
Chapter 2: Fitting In
Chapter 3: Home is Here
Chapter 4: Truly Loved
Chapter 5: Trouble
Chapter 6: Brothers
Chapter 7: 1 year old
Chapter 8: Walking
Chapter 10: Together

Chapter 9: Fight

4.8K 110 12
By Supernerd17

Two months had passed and the now one and a half year old had developed his walking abilities quite a bit. He could walk for long periods of time and also get into things now, receiving many scoldings from Bruce and Alfred.

Something else that would happen now was Damian would somehow get a hold of Bruce's Batman cape and run around yelling "I am Bat!"

Many times he would tumble from tripping over the comparatively ginormous cape causing Bruce to have a mini heart attack and need to rush to his son and save him.

Though normally everyone laughed at the adorable sight Alfred catching it on camera for both memories and future blackmail.

One day though the boys helped Damian take this a little bit farther.

Bruce had just got out of the shower and had his robe on towel over his neck. As he passed by his bed he swore he saw a small shadow on top of it.

"I am Bat!" Said a small grumbly voice that was trying to sound tough.

Bruce turned on his light to find Damian standing there in a Batman costume.

He had his cape draped around him like Bruce would and a tough look on his face.

"Damian? Alright who got you the costume?"

"No I'm Bat!"

Bruce smiled and put his hands under Damian's arms, much to his surprise, and lifted him up in the air.

"Alright I've got you Baby Bat!"

"Papa!"

Damian laughed uncontrollably as Bruce spun him in the air and gave him a raspberry on his chubby belly. Damian tried to kick off his father's chest but enjoyed this far to much.

"I hope you never have to wear this suit when you're older."

He then took of the costumes cowl and drew his son closer to his chest placing a kiss on his head.

"Damian? Do you want to be him, or is it only because of me?"

Damian looked at his father with a turned head rather confused at his father's question.

"You don't get it do you?"

Bruce sat down on the bed and shifted Damian onto his lap.

"You don't have to be Batman you can do anything that you want to."

"Papa?"

Damian looked up at Bruce reaching for his face. Bruce happily brought the baby on his lap up to his face.

"Just look at your brothers they all have found different things and I'm so proud of them. And you don't, unlike them, have to be anyone but Damian Wayne."

Damian then snuggled into Bruce's chest happy to have once again ruled over his father's attention. Bruce definitely loved his son and hoped that he would not have any interest in The Bat business but something told him that wouldn't be true.

Meanwhile in the back all the boys and Alfred were watching the scene in tears over Bruce's confection of his care for them.

Two weeks later

It seemed that not everything was peaches and cream for Bruce and Jason started to argue again. It was about everything from missions to dynamics at home. However one cold winter's night a particularly bad argument broke out between them.

"How could you do that Jason you nearly got yourself, Tim, and Dick killed!"

"I did what I had to do to take down croc if not he would have taken us down!"

"That does not mean you put your teammates lives in danger!"

"Why does it matter we're fine nobody's hurt!"

"But you could have Jason we can't you get that through your thick skull! You're so freaking reckless and stupid you can't see beyond yourself!"

"Are you kidding me are you seriously calling me selfish and stupid can you do nothing but insult me at this point! You are the most infuriating and selfish person I know!"

"Because it's what you do Jason you see only the end goal and not the consequences resulting in a lot of damage and unnecessary pain to everyone!"

"Fine if I'm not a good fit for this team and an overall danger to an old bastard like you then I'll leave!" Jason yelled and ran out.

"Fine go then!" Bruce yelled and stormed off as well.

"Wait Jason don't go he didn't mean it!" Tim yelled as he chased after Jason.

"Bruce come back here!" Dick yelled at Bruce also going after him.

"Jason please come back don't leave!"

Tim was chasing Jason upstairs when Alfred finally came.

"Master Jason what are you-! Master Tim what is going on all the yelling nearly woke up young Master Damian!"

Tim explained to Alfred the situation, they were up against killer croc trapping him in a small part of the sewer. They had spent the last two hours fighting the beast when Jason put into action a plan he came up with. He threw two orbs full of mist made of human blood at Dick and Tim. It covered them and made them the primary targets of Croc. He went full on animal ready to tear the two to shreds, but Jason threw an electric collar on Croc tackling him into the water. Under the disgusting water he wrestled and strangled Croc till he eventually set off the collar electrifying the water. He came up after a minute or two but Bruce was livid.

Once Tim finished Alfred ran to the director Tim said Bruce ran off to. Tim then went to Jason's room where he saw he was nearly all packed to leave.

"Tim you should just leave now you're not going to convince me not to go."

"Jason you know Bruce was only concerned why are you acting like this?"

"I've spent too much time here I've got to go."

"You're just going to leave us again after we didn't hear from you for two years. You're just going to leave me, Bruce, and Dick to worry our heads off again, and what about Damian you're just going to leave the little guy without saying goodbye or even explaining yourself."

"I doubt he'll miss me that much, just say goodbye for me."

With that Jason left his room head downstairs Tim not far behind him.

"Jason! Jason!"

But to no avail Jason slammed the front door and left. Tim then ran to the room Bruce stormed of to let him know of the situation.

However unbeknownst to them a certain tyke had been woken up. Damian stood up in his crib eyes drawn to the window right next to it as he saw Jason leaving.

"Ason?"

Damian was confused as to why his brother was leaving so he decided to investigate. Damian walked over to the latch and made the crib door slide down. He slid on his butt down to the floor and made his way to the accidentally cracked door. After leaving his room he got to the stairs going down backwards and on all fours.

After making it down he went to the front door, using his favorite Batman blanket to pull the latch down. He was quite a determined little boy so nothing was going to stop him.

Damian ran to the best of his ability through the cold snow, legs still not very well developed. He was already shivering from the bitter cold nothing but a red sleeper and his blanket to defend from it. He was very far from Jason and it was getting to hard to move from the snow and cold.

He was about halfway between Jason and the manor when he fell. He tried to get up but he wasn't strong enough and he was far too cold to move.

It was then a blizzard started up causing Damian to cry at the top of his lungs for help and out of fear. He was terrified of the strong freezing winds blowing at him. His blanket then flew away from the sheer power of the wind.

Back at the manor Dick and Alfred were trying to put some sense into Bruce.

"Bruce I know he did something really stupid but he meant well, he got the job done."

"Dick he almost got you and Tim killed and you're just willing to forgive him."

"He's my brother I can't help it."

"Master Bruce as impulsive and rude Master Jason may be he deserves a second chance like all of us."

"Plus Bruce do you want him to go on the same path he did two years ago. You know how dark that was for him."

"Please Master Bruce help the boy he's still young and needs your guidance."

Bruce thought over the whole ordeal and knew Dick and Alfred were right he didn't want Jason to turn back to a life of crime. He took him in the first place for that reason so he had to keep to it.

It was then Tim came running in.

"Bruce Jason's gone he ran out the door my guess he's going to his motorcycle!" Tim yelled practically out of breath.

"Alright then I'll go get Damian because no one is going to be able to stay behind and watch him. Not to mention if anything is going to be good for bargaining for him not to leave it's Damian."

Bruce quickly got upstairs happy to get his little boy but saw the door was open.

"Geesh can no one close this door."

Bruce walked in quietly as to not wake his son only to have his heart freeze. The crib was open with no Damian in it. Bruce's breath quickened and shortened as his overprotective and worried dad instincts went into overdrive.

"Alfred! Boys! Damian's gone."

Everyone froze where they stood hearts stopping at the very utterance of the sentence. They all immediately ran around the manor trying to find the missing baby calling out loudly "Damian"!"

It was then the front door flung open from the blizzard wind. Dick quickly went to the door and slammed it closed.

"How did that happen?"

"I don't know Jason slammed it closed so I don't see why it would be open."

After Tim finally shed his sentence Bruce's heart went from steel to glass. No it can't be he wouldn't no please not his son.

Bruce threw open the door and saw something that nearly shattered his now glass heart. There were tiny footprints that lead out to the field of snow in front of the manor and as he stood there he swore he heard the faint sounds of his sons terrified cries. Bruce then ran to get his coat and then sprinted into the snow determined to find his son.

Jason was positively enraged by Bruce he couldn't stand the man's arrogance, his need to be right, or his his need to rule his life. The wind had begun picking up which meant a blizzard was coming his way.

"Man I better get to my bike soon or I'll be riding through a storm."

Just as Jason was turning around suddenly something hit him in the head then wrapped around him. He grabbed the thing around him and put it in front of him.

His eyes nearly popped out of his heads when he saw what was in his hands. It was Damian's blanket, but how was that here unless he followed him. Immediately Jason turned around and ran back to the manor desperately hoping the little baby wasn't out here.

Damian's cries grew quieter as his energy drained unable to stand the cold anymore. All he wanted was his father, one of his brothers, or Alfred to save him from this cold hell. The small baby could no longer even remain awake in these conditions causing him to fall asleep. Snow started to cover his tiny body making him almost unseen except his black hair.

Both parties ran for the baby hoping they weren't too late to find him. They eventually ran into each other both looking frantically for the precious little tyke.

"Have you seen Damian!" Bruce yelled absolutely livid with fear.

"No I just found his blanket and came running back here!"

"He has to be somewhere!"

It was then Dick saw a patch of black amongst the snow.

"Over there!" Dick yelled as he pointed to the patch of black.

Bruce's head shot in the direction hope filling his eyes as he saw the black patch. He sprinted through the freezing snowy wind and ground to it falling to his knees. He desperately dug through the snow to find his son.

He then found his eighteen month old son practically blue and unmoving. He quickly picked him up feeling how unbelievably cold his little body was and cradled him close to his warm chest. Jason rushed over and wrapped his baby brother in his blanket and gladly giving him his jacket to put over him. Bruce then zipped his coat over his son keeping him close to his chest.

"Master Bruce we need to get the young Master inside so we can give him medical attention!"

Bruce nodded and sprinted back to the manor everyone following him closely desperate to get Damian the help he needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 5.6K 41
(Y/N) (L/N) is a new student at Gotham Academy but what happens when she meets the son of abillionaire playboy Damian Wayne? (Yeah about the descript...
25K 702 5
Jason hasn't spoken to his family in months, it takes a near death situation for him to realise that he should reconnect with them, especially his ol...
8.8K 145 26
Titles pretty self explanatory. Jon and Damian are the same age, in most chapters so ... Ye
11K 201 72
Some DC Imagines from my Tumblr. I do take requests but they may take some time. I don't own any dc characters. Obviously, I don't own you. batfam...