Stronger Than Us (Camren)

By Poets_XXVII_Soul

Camila and Lauren have finally found each other again after many years. Lauren is a WNBA star and Camila is... More

All These Years
Back to December
Falling for you
1000 Hands
Powerful
Privileges
Electric Love
Jealousy
Friend or Foe?
Trust Issues
Anyone
Obsessions And Lies
The Finals
Reunion
Foe
Little Secret
Passion's Fools
Menace
A Walking Lie
Longing
Family
Marry You
Mischievous Plans
Dark Secrets
It Will Rain
Broken Promises
All For Us
Somewhere Only We Know
Home
Easy
A Thousand Years (Epilogue)

Who Are You?

1.3K 64 45
By Poets_XXVII_Soul

Monday, you sent me flowers
Tuesday, made me feel stupid
Wednesday, the world was ours
Thursday, you didn't prove it
Friday, fell back in love
Saturday, we didn't talk
Sunday, you said you needed space

*  *  *  *  *

The next afternoon, Camila was going into the kitchen to make a snack when she spotted the mail on the counter. The envelope on top looked very unique from the others. Camila picked it up and she smiled fondly when she saw the return address. Snack forgotten, the brunette raced into the living room where Lauren sat watching T.V.

The sports channel of course.

The green eyed was sitting comfortably on her fluffy large couch, flipping from ESPN to ESPN2.

"Oomph." Without warning, Camila girlfriend plopped onto her lap sideways and smiled brightly.

"Look what I have." Camila taunted, waving the envelope in Lauren' face.

"What is it?"

Still grinning, she handed the envelope to her girlfriend. Lauren glanced at it and realization hit her.

"Oh, this must be Mom and Tony's wedding invitation."

"Yep, can we open it now?" Camila asked, playing with the nape of Lauren'neck.

The basketball player shrugged and smiled softly.

"I'll let you have the honors." She handed the envelope back to the spirited brunette.

Opening it carefully, Camila pulled out the card and opened the invitation. "One love that is shared by two." The doctor read. "Oh, that's so sweet."

"Yeah, very sweet." Lauren mocked her.

Camila caught the dark haired rolling her eyes, and bumped her with an elbow.

"Oh, stop it. You can even be sweet when you want to be. Don't be such a jock."

"I can't help what I am. And you like that about me." Lauren smiled, green eyes twinkling.

"Yes, I do." Camila placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

Then she turned her attention back to the card and opened it. A photo of Tony and Clara was tucked into the left side of the card. The happy couple had their faces together smiling happily for the camera.

"Aw, how cute!" Camila squealed.

Lauren just smiled and rubbed the side of the brunette's thigh, holding her snuggly in her lap.

"We cordially invite you to the wedding ceremony uniting Anthony Williams and Clara Morgado..." Camila began.

Lauren studied Camila's expression as she read the invitation. Her girlfriend was so beautiful in that moment. Even though she was dressed in sweatpants and an oversized shirt with her hair pulled back, Camz always looked beautiful to her.

Camila's face always lit up with a special glow when she would speak of romance or marriage.

Humph. Marriage...marriage.

I'd love to marry this woman. This amazing woman who is with me right now.

"Laur? Hello? Lauren?"

The green eyed blinked and focused on curious green eyes.

"Huh?"

Camila smiled and leaned into her, cuddling against Lauren.

"Where did you go?" She asked, running her fingers through Lauren'ponytail.

The basketball player's heart began to pound in her chest, hoping the brunette wouldn't see what she was thinking through her eyes.

Lauren smiled softly and kissed Camila on the cheek.

"Nowhere, baby. I'm right here."

"Yeah? Then when's the wedding?" Camila asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Um..." Lauren bit her lip, thinking.

"That's what I thought. What were you thinking?"

Lauren looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Truth?"

Camila nodded.

"I was just thinking how incredibly beautiful you are, and how lucky I am. I just love staring at you sometimes."

Camila's lips spread into a genuine smile and Lauren's heart fluttered.

Will you marry me?

It was on the tip of her tongue, but she felt it was the wrong time.

" Baby, Where is this coming from?" Camila asked.

Suddenly, an on pour of emotion swept through Lauren's body and she couldn't stop it. She blinked, green eyes filling up with tears.

"I'm just so in love with you..." Lauren breathed, her voice cracking, barely above a whisper.

Camila's eyes were turning red, the emotion taking over her.

"Honey, don't. Don't cry." The doctor pleaded, cupping Lauren's face.

The green eyed held her close and Camila wrapped her arms around the basketball player's neck. The brunette didn't understand what came over her girlfriend, but if Lauren was crying it made her cry too, and they were always there to comfort each other. She let Lauren hold her and cry a little longer until she finally calmed down.

"I'm sorry." Lauren sniffled, wiping at her face. She hung her head bashfully. "I don't know why...ah..."

Camila shook her head and smiled warmly.

"Don't be sorry, baby. Sometimes we just need to cry. It's okay." She kissed Lauren, and caressed her bicep. "I like when you share your feelings, remember?"

Lauren nodded and smiled remembering the brunette's words when they first began dating in high school.

"I remember." Green eyes shyly met brown.

"And you know what?"

"What?" Lauren replied with a soft smile.

Camila rubbed their noses together and Lauren closed her eyes. "I'm in love with you, too."

Their eyes met once again and Lauren leaned kissing her softly on the lips.

"So, when is the wedding?" Lauren asked.

*   *   *

Later that evening, Camila was in the shower thinking of what she and the green eyed had done that day. Which was absolutely nothing and it was heaven. It was the first time in a long time they both had the day off. It was wonderful being able to spend a day together.

The brunette smiled to herself as she shampooed her hair. Lauren had been so sentimental this morning and Camila had never felt so loved in her life.

About an hour ago her girlfriend had told her that she was going to the workout room in the house, which was right next to the game room. After Lauren's little tear up that morning, they had made love on the couch and then on the floor, twice. Thinking of the basketball player ignited a flame of arousal throughout her body.

She wanted her again.

Deciding she would pay Lauren a little surprise visit in the workout room, the doctor took the elevator from their room and tip toed down the hallway. Slowly, walking into the unusually darkened home gym, she spotted her girlfriend.

Lauren was sitting on her bench press chair, tilting her head backward, popping a few pills into her mouth.

Camila's earlier thoughts were now forgotten as she watched Lauren chase the capsules down with some water.

"Baby? What are you doing?" The doctor questioned, walking further into the room.

Lauren froze her movements for a moment, and then slowly screwed the top of her water bottle back on.

"Just finishing my workout." She answered, not turning towards the brunette.

Camila suddenly found this entire situation eerie. The workout room seemed to be glowing blue from the moonlight shining through the high windows and everything in the room was enhanced by dark shadows.

"Are those the pain killers you are taking?"

"I had a headache." Lauren said evenly. She stood from the bench, holding her bottle of pills.

Camila stepped closer eyeing the bottle in her hand, then looked into somewhat guarded green eyes.

"Well, then you should just take some Tylenol or Advil. Those are too strong for the basic headache." Camila reasoned.

"These work better." Lauren shook the bottle lightly.

"Baby, you don't need those anymore. I checked out your knee a few weeks ago myself. You had no pain. Just give me those and..."

"I'm fine." Lauren shot back, raising her voice slightly. Her mind automatically went on the defense when she saw the brunette reaching for the pills.

Camila studied her, taken aback by Lauren's sudden change in behavior. Those usually friendly green eyes were now dark and unfamiliar.

It almost scared her.

"Obviously, you're not." The doctor spoke more firmly.

Lauren stared into green eyes, irritation mounting inside of her that she had no control over.

Camila's face softened and her eyes grew compassionate.

"Laur...what's going on with you?" The brunette asked softly. "You're acting strange. One minute you're the sweetest person ever, then the next you're grumpy as hell."

The dark haired clenched the muscles in her jaw and stuffed the pills in her sweatpants.

"There's nothing going on." Lauren said, brushing past the doctor.

"I think there is." Camila said, following Lauren out of the room, into the hallway. "Where did you get those?"

Lauren stop in her tracks and turned around slowly.

"What's with the twenty questions?" She asked with an attitude.

Her frustration was already at the boiling point. She felt as though she was being interrogated like a criminal.

"Have you become an addict?" Camila bluntly asked.

"No, I'm not." Lauren frowned.

"Then give me the pills." Camila inquired, holding out her hand.

Lauren chuckled lightly, almost nervously and looked into Camila's questioning eyes.

"Why do you want them? I need these."

"Because I don't like what they're doing to you. Can't you see what's happening? How many have you been taking?"

"You know what? I don't need this right now."
Lauren scowled, shaking her head. She turned around and began to walk away.

" Lauren!" The doctor yelled, worry and confusion in her voice.

The green eyed whipped around quickly, eyes wide with rage.

"You want the fucking pills!" She yelled. "Then take 'em!" Lauren violently threw the bottle at Camila's direction.

The brunette flinched as the bottle flew past her head and collided against the wall. The lid to popped open and large capsules went flying, scattering across the marble floor.

"What is wrong with you?!" Camila yelled.

"Don't." Lauren ordered. She began to pace back and forth in front the rattled doctor. Lauren brushed hair away from her face in frustration and blew out a breath.

"Laur..." Camila began carefully.

The basketball player stopped and looked at her, fire burning in her eyes.

"Don't say anything else. You're like this thing that latches onto me every second. Always wanting to know, where are you going? What are you doing? And I'm sick of it!"

Camila took a moment and swallowed the knot in her throat. Her eyes were full of hurt and tears began to form.

"Baby...why are you saying these things?" Her voice cracked. "I was just concerned..."

"I don't need your concern!" The dark haired interrupted.

Lauren abruptly turned on her heel and began to trudge down the hall away from her. "Go to a guest room tonight, I want to be alone." She called over her shoulder.

Camila watched in shock as this nightmare unfolded before her. Lauren turned the corner and was out of sight. Camila stood frozen in the middle of the large hall. She felt as though she had been slapped in the face and it stung her to the very depths of her soul.

Did that just happen? Who was that? What did I do?

Those questions riddled Camila's mind as her body began to tremble with tears.

Hours later, Lauren was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Sleep wouldn't come to her and Camila didn't come up to the room.

Why would she after Lauren went off on her like that?

Lauren missed the warmth of her girlfriend against her body. Replaying her outburst over and over in her head, she was internally beating herself up about what she had said. She knew she was wrong and there was no excuse for her anger.

Camila didn't deserve that .

What am I going to do about this?

Thinking of how badly she must have hurt the love of her life, tears trickled down her cheeks and soaked into her pillow.

*     *     *

Around 7:00 a.m. the next day, Camila was already dressed and ready to go to work. She didn't want to face Lauren and decided to hightail it to the Health Center an hour early. Dark circles were around her eyes, due to lack of sleep from the night before.

Camila had stayed in a guest bedroom and the unfamiliar bed didn't help matters. She also missed her. The doctor couldn't wrap her mind around the incident that happened last night. One thing led to another and then the whole situation ended in chaos and confusion.

Camila climbed into her own car, not bothering to call Lauren's driver and started the engine. The brunette almost felt odd driving herself to work. It had nearly been a month since she had been behind the wheel. Shaking it off, she started the engine of her silver, two-door Mercedes Benz and pulled out of the massive garage.

As she approached the mansion's front gate to leave, Camila noticed her brakes seemed a tad slower to catch than usual.

Hmm. I haven't driven in so long the brakes even feel weird. Well, at least the car still stopped.

Making it down to the surface streets and out of the hills of high class homes, Camila approached a stoplight turning red. The doctor eased her foot on the break, but this time there was no catch at all. Brown eyes widened in panic as she frantically stomped her foot on the brake pedal.

Nothing.

The Mercedes was cruising over 50 mph and the brunette was helpless as it sped towards the busy intersection.

• • • • • •

Hey guys! What's up?

It's been a while, but finally I'm back with this story. I did warn y'all to get your tissues 🤧

Don't worry, I'll be back soon 👀

In the meantime, i hope you guys have a great weekend ;)

Au revoir 👋🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.7K 44
Camila cabello is a waitress Lauren jauregui is a soccer player Lauren's coach takes the team out for dinner after winning a match, Camila catches...
4.1K 258 11
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been best friends for years, since they were 5 years old. Camila has always thought of Lauren just like any o...
199K 19.2K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
671K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...