son amour - j. potter

By dracomalfoyslils1ut

The Marauders. They're not just friends, they're family. Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Vixen. The fourth Marau... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
lucille

epilogue

7.8K 165 147
By dracomalfoyslils1ut

Daphne Potter
September 1st, 1997

"Kids, let's go!" I yelled up the stairwell.

James appeared from the stairwell, his hair tousled. "Meg can't find her scarf and hat," James said.

I spotted them over by the door, "They're down here."

Megara, our oldest daughter, came rushing past James and down the stairs, carrying her trunk behind her.

I gestured towards the table in the foyer, where her hat and scarf were sitting.

"Thanks mum," Meg chimed as she stuffed the stray clothing into her trunk.

Despite it being Sunday, I was already going over ideas for new articles that I have for this upcoming week. Ever since I got promoted at the Daily Prophet, and became Rita Skeeter's boss, I've been busy.

"Dad, I can't find my broom!" Marcus yelled from his room.

James stared at me with pleading eyes.

"It's by the back door," I yelled.

Marcus, our youngest son and third born, slid down the stair railing, landing softly on the floor.

He ran through the house, returning a few moments later with his Cleansweep 11.

"We're going to be late," Megara muttered as she looked down at her watch.

Looking at my daughter, she is a carbon copy of me when I was 15. With her blonde hair and blue eyes, the older that she gets, the more she looks like me.

Marcus, on the other hand, looks like a mix of James and I, with his hazel eyes and blonde hair.

"We're gonna be late, pick up the pace!" Meg yelled.

Julian appeared in the hallway, levitating his trunk, broom, and his owl's cage down the stairs.

"Shut up, Meg," Julian muttered, "We've never once been late. It's my last year at Hogwarts, I want to have a peaceful morning."

"Don't be a prick-"

I shot a glance at Megara, "Language, some of the people in this house are still young."

"Dad!"

James disappeared down the hallway of our home, that used to be his parents home. Our townhouse was too small for our growing family, so we decided to move into James's childhood home.

Reappearing back at the top of the stairs, James was carrying our youngest daughters trunk, while she skipped behind him on the stairs.

"Thanks dad," Juliet chimed as James set her trunk down in the foyer.

Juliet, our youngest and final child, is the spitting image of James. She's the female version of James, complete with messy black hair and bright hazel eyes. She looks nothing like me, except for maybe her nose.

"Okay, headcount," James said. "One, two, three, four."

He gave me a thumbs up, "They're all here."

"Pet count?" I asked.

"One, two, three-," James furrowed his brows, "Someone is missing a pet."

Meg's face lit up in realization.

She bolted up the staircase and returned moments later with her Birman cat.

"Got him!"

I smiled, "Okay, now everyone into the car before we lose a kid or a pet."

All four of our kids walked out of the house and towards the car, carrying their luggage with them.

James exhaled, "I forgot how hectic these first days are."

"Me too," I laughed, "I don't know how we do it."

As hectic as first days are, the house is going to seem too quiet while they're at school and James and I are at work.

Soon after the war ended, James started training
to become a Healer and spent a lot of hours at St. Mungo's. We made it work though. Now, James is the head Healer in the lycanthropy ward.

For the past 15 years, James has been working to making the lycanthropy ward less discriminatory, and safer for people much like Remus.

James kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll miss the utter chaos that those four cause," I said.

James grinned, "Me too. Let's go, before we're late."

• • • • •

Jolie Black

"Do you have everything?" I asked.

Bianca rolled her eyes at me, "Yes, and I double checked. My broom is already downstairs."

At the ripe age of 13, my daughter is getting sassy. I'm not surprised, I was the same way.

"Okay, go bring your stuff downstairs so that dad can load up the car."

Bianca grabbed her trunk from her bedroom floor and lifted it up, disappearing down the stairs.

Okay, one kid ready to go.

About a year before the kids were born, I got a job at Gringott's as a curse breaker. I love my job, I get to see some crazy shit almost every day.

I knocked on the door frame of Elio's open door.

He turned around and looked at me, his black hair falling into his face.

"Have you seen my other black Converse shoe?" Elio asked, "I only have the left shoe."

I stifled a laugh, "If you mean the shoe that's peeking out from underneath your bed, then yes, I have seen it."

Elio grabbed his other shoe from underneath his bed and threw it into his trunk before closing it.

"All packed?" I asked.

Elio nodded, "My cat is downstairs already, I handed him to dad a bit ago."

I ruffled my sons hair as he passed me in the doorway.

"Mum-," Elio complained, "I'm thirteen now!"

I held my hands up in defense, "Wow, sorry."

Elio carried his trunk out of his room and down the stairs to meet Regulus and Bianca.

Being twins, Bianca and Elio are identical. They have their fathers black hair and my blue eyes. They also have my attitude. Once again, it was expected.

I closed Elio's bedroom door behind me as I descended the stairs into the foyer.

Regulus was already out at the car, loading up their trunks, pets, and brooms.

Following the end of the war, the Ministry had a lot of vacant positions. Regulus began working at the Ministry in the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and quickly became head of the department.

I glanced at my watch, "We're running early, you two want to get pastries on the way?"

"Yes!" Bianca exclaimed.

Elio nodded, "Me too."

"Okay, let's go get in the car then," I said. "We'll get some for the Potters too, since they're probably running late, and some for Louis and Neville."

By the time I finished talking, both kids already had one foot out the front door.

I followed them out to the car, giving my husband a quick kiss before getting into the car.

"They're moody this morning," I whispered.

Regulus laughed, "I noticed, Bianca got mad at me because I asked if she had her eye on anyone at school. You know, since she's been getting all those letters this summer?"

"You mean the ones that she snatches away the second that the post gets here?"

Regulus nodded, stifling a laugh.

"Come on," I said, "Let's get going so that we can get pastries for the kids on the way."

Regulus scoffed, "And none for me?"

I rolled my eyes at Reg before kissing him on the cheek.

"Get in the car," I joked.

• • • • •

Remus Lupin

The tea kettle started whistling as I grabbed a mug from the cupboard. I grabbed a tea bag and set it in my mug before removing the kettle from the stovetop and pouring the boiling water into the mug.

Sirius was playing one of his new records loudly in the living room, and the music drifted through the house and into the kitchen.

Despite stereo's and cd's being more popular, he still swears by vinyl.

The kitchen down flew open and our son came in, looking flustered.

"Dad, I can't find my favorite jumper," Louis complained, sitting down at the kitchen table.

I raised an eyebrow, "Did you check the laundry room?"

Louis's dark brown eyes lit up.

"That's the room that I forgot to check," He exclaimed as he left the kitchen.

As Louis left the kitchen, Sirius came in.

"What's his deal this morning?"

I smiled softly, "He couldn't find his favorite jumper, the one the Juliet got him for his birthday."

"Ah," Sirius replied, "That makes sense."

Louis came back into the kitchen, his brown curly hair falling into his face.

"I found it, and I'm packed," Louis announced, leaning up against the counter beside Sirius.

Following the war, Sirius started drinking less, and he decided that he wanted to get his life together. He started training to be an Auror, and now works alongside Alastor Moody and his niece, Nymphadora Tonks.

While Sirius was gone during the day to train, I spent a lot of time walking all around London. I even stumbled upon an orphanage of wizards, which I didn't even know existed.

It sparked my interest.

Two months later, I started teaching the young wizards. Simple stuff even. How to read, how to write, grammar.

Working there caused me to meet Louis.

We adopted Louis when he was a year old. His mother, a Muggle from Mexico, died in childbirth and his father, an English wizard, died as a result of a malfunctioning potion.

From the minute I met Louis, I felt connected in a way. So when I brought Sirius to meet him, it was no surprise that he felt the same.

I snapped back to reality when Sirius waved his hand in front of my face.

"Moony?"

"Sorry, I spaced out," I mumbled, "Are we ready to go?"

Sirius nodded, "Can you drive? Louis said that my driving scares him and that I drive like I don't know the rules of the road."

I laughed, grabbing the keys from the kitchen counter, "Well, he's not wrong."

Sirius smacked his hand against his chest in a dramatic manor.

"I'm hurt Moony," Sirius complained, "I thought you loved me."

I rolled my eyes, "I do love you, even though you're incredibly dramatic."

• • • • •

Daphne Potter

Following my kids through the barrier onto Platform 9 3/4 brought back memories of all the times that I was boarding the Hogwarts a express.

As soon as we stepped onto the platform, I spotted the Longbottom's.

Julian was already making a beeline towards them, giving his best friend, Neville, a hug.

"It's good to see you lot," Alice said as she gave me a hug.

James grinned, "I'm surprised we're not late."

"We're not late because mum was speeding the whole way here," Megara stated.

"Louis's here!" Marcus exclaimed.

Sure enough, Sirius, Remus, and Louis made their way over to our group.

"Isn't it a lovely morning to be sending our kids off to school?" Sirius questioned, patting James on the back.

"I'm surprised that you lot weren't late," Remus said.

Juliet laughed, "That's because mum was speeding."

"Shh, not everyone needs to know that I speed," I joked.

Remus laughed, "Are you excited for your first year?"

"I'm so excited," Juliet confirmed.

"Me too," Louis added, "What house do you think you'll be in?"

Julian and Marcus are in Gryffindor, Megara, Bianca, and Elio are in Slytherin. I have a feeling that Juliet and Louis are going to be in Hufflepuff.

Glancing towards the barrier, I saw Jolie and Regulus walk through with their two kids.

"We brought pastries for everyone!" Bianca chimed, holding up a large bag.

All of the kids grabbed pastries from the bag, arguing with each other over which one they wanted.

"Hey guys," I said, "Was your morning as hectic as ours?"

Regulus shook his head, "Nope."

"Lucky bastards," James muttered.

"Mum, Julian and I are going to get on the train," Neville said, hugging his parents goodbye.

James and I both hugged Julian, and he was off to the train with Neville.

Meg, Marcus, Bianca, and Elio were the next to say goodbye. They gave all of us quick hugs before getting on the train.

"Owl me as soon as you find out your house," James said to Juliet. "You'll do great at school."

I hugged my youngest child, "We love you, make sure to owl us whenever you can."

"I will," Juliet agreed.

Remus and Sirius were saying goodbye to Louis, and the two kids gave us one last wave before getting on the train.

"Well, now all of our kids are at Hogwarts," Sirius pointed out.

"Want to go celebrate?" Jolie asked.

We all agreed.

As the Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station, we waved goodbye to our children. I envy them. They'll never have to grow up in a world where people are tormented because of their bloody status. They get to grow up in a carefree world. They get to be normal teenagers.

That's something that I never got.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 12K 65
in which james potter stole a kiss and then he stole her heart "Live a little Potter" ~ no one knew unrequited love quite like him, no one but 𝒽𝑒𝓇...
98 5 8
Follows Catherine Adilet, the fifth marauder- she starts at hogwarts in the 5th year, befriends them, and her life goes on from there.
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
283K 5.8K 27
Carina Kennedy and her best friend Paige Abernathy are at the start of sixth year attempting to balance homework and having a little fun as well. But...