Crushed

By amo_ma

Seventeen year old Rebecca Hunter has had a normal teenage life. Dealing with school, boys, bullies, the 'per... More

Crushed
Chapter 3 + 4 + 5
Chapter 6 and 7
Chapter 8 and Chapter 9
Chapter 10 and Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 19

2 0 0
By amo_ma

Today was Wednesday and also Barry's last day in San Diego before heading back to Brazil, so we decided to make it special for. At break we sat down and discussed what we were going to do after school. When the bell rang, my next lesson was s Nick while his was with Hayley and Sara. As we talked, walked and came closer to the door, I heard someone call my name. I looked forward and noticed Troy. I turned back to Nick and continued talking to him, getting closer to the door. Troy was walking up to me when Lucas pushed him to the wall and came up to me. "Hey, are you feeling better from what happened 'that day?'" he said. "Don't worry Lucas, he knows. I told him what happened, and yeah I'm better, compared to my knee." I replied. He looked down to my knee (which was obviously because I forgot to cover it since I was wearing shorts), rolled his eyes and stared at me. "How do you keep succeeding when it comes to hurting yourself? Like are you accident prone or something? And who shot you with a gun?" he added. I turned to Nick and smiled because I would be helping myself from repeating the story twice. "I'm NOT trying to hurt myself. I DON'T know if I'm accident prone and a thief broke in. we fought for the gun and we both got shot" I answered again. Before he could say another word, I hugged him and whispered thank you for caring, and walked in class waving goodbye. Troy tried to get my attention here and there in class, but I ignored him and went on with life. Straight after school all five of us took him sight-seeing and showed him around the city, mainly the most known areas and our hangout areas. We also went shopping so that he wouldn't leave here without any new clothes or souvenirs. By the end of the day, we went to Nick's house so that we could have a sleepover there and hangout with him one more time before saying bye. Each one of us called our parents to ask them to bring our things. After eating supper, we sat down on the floor and had our fair chats (especially when it came to Barry). "So how did you enjoy spending time here?" I asked. "Yeah and what did you enjoy the most?" Sara added. "And who did you enjoy hanging out with the most?" Hayley questioned. He stared at Nick for a while as we kept asking him questions, not giving him a chance to speak, but he answered them all in the end. We spent the whole night talking and watching movie... that was until we passed out.

The next day, Nick's mum drove all of us to the airport, so we could say our final goodbyes to Barry. We all gave him our own separate hugs then a group one and took a selfie. We told him that we would stay until we saw his flight leave. As we were walking back to where Nick's mum was standing, someone called my name. I turned around and saw Barry walking up to me. When he reached me (probably a two step distance) he spoke "Obrigado por todo." (Thank you for everything). I smiled at him and replied you're welcome... I think. He laughs, then explained to me what he said subsequently we leaned in for a hug once more, which was longer than before. When we let go, we smiled at each other and I waved goodbye. He leaned in, kissed my cheek, waved bye to the others and left. I let out a sigh before I turned around and saw them all staring at me with a big smile. I ducked my head onto my chin as I walked to them. I started shaking my head left to right slowly as I got close enough to hear Hayley complaining to Sara and Nick on how I 'always' get the guy whether I try or not. When I was next to Nick, I asked Hayley to name one guy. "Okay well, there's Troy, the captain of the football team, and Sean the captain of the rugby team and now also Barry, the exchange student." "Nothing happened between me and any of them. Sean only talked to me for a prank. Troy kissed Cynthia the same day he asked me to be his girlfriend, and Barry just gave me a kiss on the cheek. That's normal." I explained, although Hayley didn't care, instead she carried on in her own world about how there's something between Barry and me.

The following day I was in my room doing my homework when Rose knocked on my door. I closed my textbook and looked up to her. "Becca sweetie, there's something we need to tell you." I stared at in confusion as she opened the door wider allowing me to pass. Getting up from the chair, I walked out the door and stood next to and stared at Rose. She let go of the handle and began walking to her room. I stared at her for a moment before following her to her room. Once I entered her room, I walked up to the bed and sat down as Rose let Jason in the room and closing it after, so we wouldn't disturb Anna's sleep. My eyes turned from left to right then all around waiting for one of them to speak. "So... am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong or what?" I questioned passing stares at both of them. Rose glimpsed at Jason, and after he walked into their closet, removed a box from the top shelf, carried it onto the bed and lifting the lid, telling me to look inside. I glanced at Rose quickly before moving closer to the box. I leaned closer and lifted my head to peek what was inside the box and saw my birth certificate as well as my adoption papers. "Since you've been wanting to know about your birth parents- "Jason continued, "We started looking for your papers to give to you hoping it would help you get to knowing and finding about your parents." I looked up from the box to Jason with a tiny smile. Standing up, I hugged Jason then Rose then picked up the box and went to my room. Jason helped me open their bedroom door as well as my door since it was big and really heavy. I placed the box on my bed and closed the door after. I walked back to the box, opened the lid and started searching for every information about me. It took a really long time because the box was full of file paper, so I ended up flipping the box upside down onto the floor and spreading out the papers, so it could be easier, forgetting all about my homework. I spent most of my time most of the days organising the documents properly and once that was done, I put all the unnecessary papers back in the box, closed the box, picked up my identifications, sat down on the bed and spread them out. The first time I checked the clock after I came out of Rose and Jason's room, it was 15:45. I kept rubbing my eyes and yawning while lying down in bed, starting to doze off. Few minutes after I got up with a piece of paper on my cheek and saw that I was sleeping in all the papers. I rubbed my left eye, sat up, removed the piece of paper from my face, pushed some papers to the side and stretched, turning to see the time. I looked at my clock and my eyes just widened. It was 23:55. Still surprised, I checked my watch and got up to check my laptop to confirm that my clock wasn't broken and all of them had the same time. I sat down on my chair at my desk and rotated it to face my bed with all the papers on it. After staring at my bed till midnight, I got up from the chair, opened my dresser, changed into my pyjamas, pushed all the papers to the floor, got in bed and went to sleep.

That Saturday I woke up (technically was woken up by Anna) at 10:30 it took me around 10 minutes to shower and 5 minutes to grab and where anything in my closet. As I was walking downstairs, I was wearing grey tracksuit pants, my big, red jersey, slippers and my half-done pigtail. On the last step down the stairs, I skipped it and fell over and face flat on the ground. Whilst I was getting up, Anna and Jason came out the kitchen to see what the noise was about and helped me up. Jason asked me if I was okay and Anna questioned me about my hair. I nodded answering Jason's question, ignored Anna's comment and went to the kitchen to eat. As soon as I grabbed my food and was moving to sit down, Rose's eyes followed me like I was the walking dead. I was about to put my first spoon of cereal in my mouth when I caught Rose still staring at me. I put my spoon back in the bowl looked back at her and rubbed my eye once more. "Rebecca, what time did you sleep last night?" she quizzed. "More like did she sleep last night." Anna asked. I squinted to Anna then turned back to Rose, "I think it was 22:00." Rose nodded her head slowly while Anna looked at me in disbelief. "Okay maybe 23:00." Rose continued nodding slowly, but she didn't look convinced, as for Anna who was still staring at me doubtfully. "OKAY, Okay. I slept at around midnight. Maybe 00:10, but I'm not sure because I was too tired to look at the clock. Anna smiled and turned her head towards Rose, nodding, finally believing me, while Rose stared at in alarm. "Becca – why did you sleep so late?" she asked concerned. I looked up at her, "because of the documents." Anna kept turning her head from Rose to me. I looked into Rose's eyes and her facial expression as she looked at me in disappointment. The room went silent and it became awkward, so I got up, took my bowl with me and went to sit in another room. I sat down on the couch with my legs crossed and ate my breakfast in silence, which was until Anna walked in, sat down next to me and look intensely into my eyes. "Can I help you with something?" I asked politely. "What papers were you and mommy talking about?" Anna quizzed. "Anna now's not the time." I satisfied. She jumped off the couch and I watched her as she walked away to the other room. Once she had left, I let out a sigh and carried on eating. Finally, once I had finished, I turned on the TV and lied down, but 3 minutes in the movie I passed out. I woke up and nearly fell off the couch. As I moved around to get comfortable, I saw my bowl from breakfast on the carpet. Going back to my old position, I looked at the blue blanket that was on top of me. I turned the TV on to check the time and there after I went to put the bowl in the sink in the kitchen, walked back to the sitting room to grab the blanket then went upstairs to my room to go sleep before looking at the papers again.

Sunday was more or less the same. I slept late and woke up at 10a.m. I went back to sleep a little bit later, but after lunch I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my homework... and researching the papers. That was my hobby now, or that's what my friends and family said, but in my opinion, I really wanted to know about my birth parents and what happened to them and if and/or why they ditched me and gave me up for adoption. For the next week and a half, I became distant with my friends again as well as with my family. Every chance they got to try to keep me away from the paper they used it. I got late night phone call with Hayley and Sara, checking on me and trying to stall me by making me fall asleep on the phone, after school when I'm about to go home, Nick runs up to me and walks with me, but at a slower pace. Anna tried taking the documents once or twice, but I always caught her when I saw where she was going to hide them. Rose and Jason took me out more for shopping, and to make matters worse, my 'Best Friends in the Entire World' decide to bring Troy and Sean drama back in my life, by saying 'I forgive them'. So, the next day at school they both came up to me at different times of the day and tried to talk to me, and when I ignored them, I was back in the situation where they would bug me about forgiven them. From that day on, during break when I was on my laptop, in class while I was trying to focus and after school when I was either going home or to sports practice, I always saw them. Not only that, but I was also falling behind in some classes, mostly due to lack of sleep. The principal called me in as well as calling Rose and Jason to explain to them what was happening. When we exited the principal's office and were driving home, I got a lecture about how this is getting too much in my head and that I should stop. By the time we all got in the house and I was walking up the stairs, Jason grounded me. I stopped, turned around and stared at him. "And I'm also taking your documents away." For a short moment I was waiting for him to say he was joking, but when he didn't, I sprinted upstairs to my room to hide my stick first then all the papers, unfortunately he was at my door when I started hiding my papers. He knocked on the door and held his hand out waiting for me to give him the papers. I rolled my eyes, got up and handed them to him. As I was walking to my bed, he stopped me and asked for all of them. I bent down, took the other paper from under my bed and handed to him. He cleared his throat and I gave him the last bunch of paper from my cupboard. "This isn't fair. Why give them to me if you're going to take them back?" I asked. "We wouldn't be doing this if you weren't sleeping in class, becoming anti-social and most importantly, being obsessed." He answered. "Since When Has It EVER BEEN a Crime to want to find out about your Birth Parents?" "Since you change into a bad version of you." He replied once more before closing the door. I flopped back on my bed and waited to hear his footsteps go down the stairs. Once I heard him halfway downstairs, I rolled to the left, pulled myself to sit upright, opened the drawer and took out the stick. I got up from bed and went my laptop to continue.

On Friday after school, I made a long train. I told Rose and Jason that I was spending the weekend at Hayley. I told Hayley I was spending the weekend out with Nick, told Nick I was spending it with Sara and asked Sara to cover up for me saying I was going to another city for a concert. I bribed Anna not to tell that I lied to all of them, when I was actually going to the hospital, I was born at then to my birth parents house. Traveling in the bus, I was on my phone listening to music with my earphones as I laid my head on the window. Few seconds after I closed my eyes, a boy tapped me on the shoulder. I opened my eyes, removed one earphone and turned to him. Looking at the small 9-year-old looking boy, I removed my other earphone, put them and my phone in my bag and smiled at him. "Aren't you a little too young to be traveling on the bus by yourself?" I asked. "Not where I'm from. Where are you going?" he replied. I bent down and took my birth certificate out my bag and searched for name. "Kona Community Hospital" I answered. He stared at in confusion. "Hawaii" I continued and all of a sudden, he goggled. "Are your parents okay with you going by yourself?" he questioned. "I'm meeting them at the airport." I responded nodding my head. Throughout the way, the boy kept me company, we made each other laugh, told each other our not so deep secrets and we got to know each other better, so much so that we agreed to meet up again someday. I gave him my phone number and he gave me his address. About an hour and a half later, I reached the airport. I hugged the boy goodbye, picked up my bags, stood up and was about to walk off when I stopped and asked him a question. "What's your name? I mean since that is the only question, we probably haven't asked each other." "Timothy Clarkson, but my friends call me Timmy, and yours?" "Rebecca - just Rebecca." I gave him one more hug before I got out the bus. As I was in front of the door, I heard the bus door close, I turned around and Timmy was waving goodbye with a smile, staring at me from the window. I waved back with a huge smile and waited for the bus to leave before getting in the airport. I checked in and was at a restaurant waiting for my flight which would take off at 23:00 which gave me exactly 5 hours at the airport. At 20:30 I called Rose and Jason to see if Anna never said anything. Towards 21:00 I started getting messages from everyone. Hayley asking how my sleepover with Nick was going and if she could join, Nick asking how my sleepover with Sara is going and what are we talking about, Sara checking up on me to see if I'm okay and Troy and Sean for the usual. Time flew by and the next time I checked, it was time to check in. I went on Emirates and sat next to a really cute guy. I watched a movie for the first 10 minutes before falling asleep. 25 minutes before landing, I woke up. I stretched my arms and turned my head to the side and saw that the cute guy was staring at me. I smiled at him, then after grabbed my headphones and carried on watching the movie. By the time we were landing, the cute guy woke me up. "Mahalo" (Thank you). "Aʻole pilikia. O wai kou inoa?" (No problem. what's your name) he asked. "Rebecca... Aloha." (Goodbye) I answered as everyone got up and was leaving. He waved bye and spoke once more. "A hui hou" (until we meet again). I rolled my eyes smiling, waved bye and got out.

Exiting the airport, I took out my birth certificate to look at the hospital one more time. Looking around, I turned and saw a security guard, I walked up to her and asked her for directions, but unfortunately, she only spoke Hawaiian. I improvised and just said the hospital and gave her a piece of paper. She figured it out and wrote the direction to the hospital, and even helped by calling a taxi for me. I got in the taxi and gave the driver the paper where the guard wrote. It was a two-and-a-half-hour drive to the hospital, which helped me catch up with my sleep. When we arrived, the driver tabbed my knee until I woke up. I paid the driver, thanked him and got out the taxi. Standing in front of the hospital doors, watching people enter and leave, I took several deep breaths before getting the courage to get inside. The minute I got in, I looked around to see where the reception is when a lady pointed where the reception was. I thanked her, walked up to the reception and sat down. I asked him questions about my parents, my adoption papers, the records they have of me and if they know where I could find them. The man tried helping me as much as he could. Some questions he couldn't answer so he directed me to another place to get my answers. Another 45 minutes pass by when I reach the place. I decided not to waste my time, so I decided to go back to my roots and learn Hawaiian again. I got out the car, entered the building, and waited an hour and a half before talking to the lady. By the time it was my turn, I checked the time and it was 11:00. I sat down and smiled at the grumpy lady whose hair was a mess. "Aloha kakahiaka" (Good Morning) I said. "O wai kou inoa?" (What's your name?) She asked with her lifeless tone, same dull expression, not even one flinch. "Rebecca Peyton Kāleʻa" "Kaikamahine o Diana Reagan a me ka Markus Kāleʻa?" (Daughter of Diana Reagan and Markus Kāleʻa) she asked. I nodded my head and it went quiet. Five minutes later she prints out a piece of paper, takes it and scans through it then gives it to me. "Keia mea a pau aʻu i ana oe a me kou hanau inoa i mea Malana Rebekah Peyton Kāleʻa." (This is all I have about you are including your birth name is). "Mahalo" I spoke and walked out. I decided to visit my dad first, but before, I took a tour around Hawaii.

I passed my old school, the beach and before I knew it, it was 13:00. I went to a truck shop opposite the beach and ordered a hotdog. As I was putting my tomato sauce and mustard on, someone shouted my name. I scanned the area only to see the cute guy from the plane shirtless, walking up to me coming from the beach. First, I took a bite of my hotdog, then rapidly wiped my face and walked up to him. We met up on the sidewalk. We greeted each other and before I let him speak, I asked if he spoke English because I could not carry on speaking Hawaiian not even sure what I am saying. He kept quiet for a while, and I rolled my head knowing that it was a no when he finally spoke. "Why yes I do. My name is Travis, and it's so nice to see you again. What have you done today?" my mouth dropped by the time he finished speaking. He knew English all along and he chose to speak to me in Hawaiian, then again, he doesn't know me. "I have been on the move – and you?" I said. "Oh well, I went home for a while then I came here with my friend." He answered. I lifted both my eyebrows and crossed my arms, "your friend?" "Yeah. There he is." As he turned around and pointed to him. I lowered my eyebrows, squinted my eyes and moved my head a little closer. "Caleb!" I shouted. He turned our direction, waved and squinted his eyes at us, shouted my name and smiled. Caleb was also shirtless, and he was a surfer, he was also one of my closest friends in Hawaii when I still lived here. He originally also was from Honolulu but moved cause of family issues at 11 years. I ran up to us and gave me a big hug. "Hey, you, how have you been? What brings you back... and what did you do with your hair?" he questioned. I lifted a strand of my hair, saw my highlights, put it down and smiled at him. "I dyed it. I'm good thanks and I am actually here on a mission." "Anything we can help you with?" Caleb asked. "Well... I kind of need a lift to drive me somewhere, and if it's okay with you, I was hoping I can stay at your house for the night. Please!" I begged. He and Travis past stares before Caleb nodded. I gave him a big hug, ignoring the fact that he was wet. When I let go, Travis looked at me and asked me where I needed to go. I took the paper out my bag and handed it to them. They both looked up in shock and asked me why I wanted to go there. I didn't want to tell Caleb and a cute stranger the truth, so I made up a little white lie. They thought about it for a while before agreeing. I stood still staring at the beach while they went to get changed and gather their stuff. Few minutes later, they came out and we walked to Caleb's car. I sat at the back seat and we drove off. We talked all the way, Travis and I getting to know each other better and Caleb I am catching up on old times and what we missed in each other's lives when I left.

We arrived at the location. We all passed glances before I unbuckled my seat-belt and got out the car. I was walking up to the house when Caleb stopped me. "Are you sure you don't want us-" he quickly glared at Travis then continued, "me to come with you?" I smiled at them both and shook my head. "Can you maybe like reverse? I don't want him to see that I came with someone. Please?" I asked softly. He started the engine and reversed back, far enough where he couldn't be seen, but close enough to help me if something bad happens. I walked up to the door, took a deep breath and knocked on the door. As I was waiting, I could hear footsteps coming, I moved a step back and the door opened, and I saw a guy who looked almost like me. Same hair colour, same eyes, same nose and ears and even same height. Both of us in shock, we both slowly moved from left to right to see if the other followed and we did. "Who are you and why do you look like me, only feminine?" "My name's Rebecca... well actually Malana is my first name but I go by Rebecca and I was going to ask you the same thing, but only masculine?" he shut the door behind him and we sat down on the bench that was outside. He leaned closer to me and asked, "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I came to talk to my birth father Markus Kāleʻa." I replied. He moved back in surprise. "Is your mum Diana Reagan?" I nodded my head. He whispered to himself softly saying that it wasn't possible hoping I never heard him. I pulled my birth certificate out and held it out for him to take. He grabbed it and thoroughly read through it. "You never told me your name?" I questioned. He looked up into my eyes, "Mikey." He gave me back my certificate, placed his elbows on his knees and covered his mouth looking worried he whispered to himself again and said we were twins. "Can you tell me about them?" he eyes shifted to me and he changed his sitting position. "Our parents met and were dating in university. It was their final year and they went to a party. They got drunk and they slept together. Few weeks later she found out she was pregnant. She told him and after that, he vanished. He abandoned us. When she gave birth... she said didn't want a daughter so- ""so she gave me up for adoption." I finished his sentence. He nodded his head. I wiped my tear away and told him to continue the story. "She got married again when I was 4 and when I was 6, she passed away, from a plane crash. A year later my step-dad got married again and his wife didn't want me, so they gave me up for adoption. From when I was 7 to 9 years old, I switched between 5 homes. My 1st one was an abusive family." He lifted up his shirt at the back and showed me his scar, "I stayed with them for 9 months. My 2nd home was awesome, they actually cared about me, but I only stayed there for 3 months. The 3rd was another abusive one, only worse for another 9 months." He lifted his sleeves and his shirt in front and showed me all his other scars. "The 4th one was loving, they helped me with everything, but only lasted 3 months, and my last one wouldn't even care if I committed suicide. I stayed with them for 2 months before being sent to the adoption center. When Markus found me. He adopted me and has raised me since." A part of me felt sorry for him, thinking of all the things he'd been through. Another part was still busy focused on how my own mother didn't want me. I leaned closer and opened my arms to give him a hug. At first, he was confused, but accepted my hug in the end. I let go of him, wiped my tear and smiled. "What's your full name?" "Michelangelo Macario Nicholas Kāleʻa. Yours?" "Malana Rebekah Peyton Kāleʻa." We got to know each other more and I learnt so much of my birth parents. We shared our secret and updated ourselves in each other's live. I didn't even need to see my father again, the thought of me having a twin was way much more interesting. We spent the afternoon laughing and chatting, that was until I checked the time and remembered I told Caleb and Travis to wait. Mikey and I swapped numbers, gave each other a hug and I left. I knocked on the car window and they both woke up. Caleb unlocked the car, I got in and we drove back.

We dropped Travis to his house before going back to Caleb's. I got out the car and gave Travis a big hug, a kiss on the cheek, said thank you, waved bye and sat in the front passenger seat. Caleb drove off and we were driving to his house. "Who was that guy?" he asked. I turned and stared at him, "what guy?" he gawked at me "Rebecca don't play dumb with me. I know you moved a long time ago and we never talked seen them, but I haven't forgotten you that much. I got out the car and saw you talking to the guy on the bench, and if it was nothing then you would have let me go with you." He stated. I closed my eyes, exhaled, looked back at him, then on the road. "He's my twin brother." After that, the car went silent. I stopped Caleb from asking another question until we got to his house. He parked the car in the garage, we got out and walked to the front door in silence. He unlocked the door and opened it for me, letting me get in first. When we both in and he locked the door, he's dad walked passed while on the phone. He greeted Caleb and stopped when he saw me. He hung up the phone and came closer to give me a hug. He asked me a few basic questions before Caleb asked his dad if I could sleep over. When his dad agreed, Caleb took me to the spare bedroom. By the time we were both in, he closed the door and stared at me with his arms crossed waiting for me to explain. "So are you still dating-" "Rebecca don't change the subject." He spoke cutting my question. I rolled my eyes, sat on my bed with my legs crossed and waited for him to sit down. Once he was seated, I told him everything, from me finding out about my adoption, to my obsession, to flying by myself without anyone knowing, to finding Michelangelo. By the time I was done, there was awkward silence in the room. He got up, sat next to me on the bed and gave me a hug. When we let go, I placed my head on his shoulder, "so you two broke up?" I asked. He nodded his head then placed it on top of mine and we just stayed like that for a while telling each other stories of when we were younger.

The next day Caleb drove me around and showed me what changed since I left before my flight back home. We went to my old school, my favourite park and all the new recent places that had opened. At 12:00 we went to a café for lunch and we talked about our relationship statuses. After lunch, we went to the beach for an hour, then an arcade and at 15:00 we went back to his house so that I could shower, pack my bags and he could drop me off at the airport. My flight was at 16:30 and we arrived at the airport at 15:45. I stayed and hung out with Caleb until 4pm just for old times and because I am going to miss him. at 15:55, we said our goodbyes and I gave him one more big hug before checking in. as I was about to cross, I turned around and saw him smiling. "Ohana." (Family) I said. "Ohana" he replied. I turned back around and checked in. as I was walking through the airport, I quickly bought a souvenir before going back home. I bought an Apolima (bracelet) and a dictionary to learn Hawaiian again while on the plane. The plane arrived in San Diego at 23:10. As I crossed the check in line, I looked up and saw Jason with his arms crossed, tapping his left foot, glaring at me. I walked up and stood in front of him waiting in silence. Instead of lecturing me, he just turned around and walked away. I followed him as we went to his car. Once I put my bag in the boot and we both got in the car driving home, it was dead quiet, not even the radio being on. The only noise that you could hear was the rain. When we reached a red light, he let go of the steering wheel and my eyes shifted from the window to my legs. "How did you find out?" I asked. "Because you were so obsessed with finding your birth parents. I called on Saturday since you never did because I wanted to check up on you and Hayley answered and told me that you told her that you were at Nick's house this weekend. So, I called Nick's mum and she called Nick and he told me that you said you were spending the weekend at Sara's. Nick gave me Sara's numbered and I called her, and she told me she didn't know. So, I talked to Anna and she told me you went to Chicago because your dance group got elected, but you would've mentioned it if you did and I called that kid Kyle and he told me he didn't know anything." I closed my eyes and rolled my head as he continued, "And the only idea that wasn't crossed was you going to Hawaii." we sat in silence, no replies, not comments, just waiting for the light to go green. "I just don't understand why. Why would you do all of this? And more importantly, why didn't you tell us? Do you know how concerned we were?" he added. "I DID THIS BECAUSE I WANTED TO MEET MY ACTUAL PARENTS! THE ONES THAT I GET MY GENES FROM! And the reason I never told you was because I know you wouldn't have let me go. So, I'm sorry I got all of you concerned, but luckily for you, it will never happen again." I stated. "Did you at least meet them?" he asked. Swiftly, I glared at him, then back at the window, "no I did not meet them, but I met my brother." I replied. He turned his head in shock the minute I mentioned brother as I stared in front of the road. The light went green when he was about to speak, so I stopped him and told him to go and the rest of the drive back was in silence.

By the time we arrived home, it started to rain heavily. As soon as he put the gear on parked, I got out the car, took my bags and walked to the door in the rain. When I opened the front door, I was soaking wet. I rubbed my feet on the carpet, took everything to my room (ignoring Rose calling me) and slammed the door, the same time Jason entered the house. I locked my door and as I was walking away, I heard them mention my name. Slightly opening the door so I could hear, Jason told Rose everything we talked about. I closed my door when Jason mentioned my brother to Rose, changed into my pyjamas and went to sleep. When my alarm rang at 5am, I went to go shower and change, then went back to bed till 6. When my alarm rang again, I struggled to wake up. I stretched my arms trying to turn it off and as I could feel the side of the alarm, I pushed myself more to the side to turn it off, and that was when I rolled out of bed and landed face flat. I groaned as I lifted myself up, sat up for a few seconds recovering from me falling and went downstairs for breakfast. As I was about to place my hand on the door knob, the door opened, knocking me down onto the floor once again, only this time, I landed on my back. I rubbed my head, with one hand and rubbed my back with my other hand and groaned for a second time. When the door completely opened, I lifted my head up as high as I could to see Anna, after that I (by accident) banged my head on the wood like a basketball, giving myself a bigger headache. She barged in and yelled interrogating me on Caleb and why I never told her about him and why I never took her with me. After explaining everything to Anna, I went downstairs to eat. I took my bowl and sat down at the dining table. As I was chewing my food, Rose walked in the room and sat down next to me. Whilst I was chewing, I shifted my eyes to her and watched her as she stared at me. When I swallowed, I moved both my arms from the table to my sides and asked her what she was doing. She gave me a small smile and asked me about Michelangelo. Straight after she finished speaking, I stood up, grabbed my bowl and went to upstairs to my room to finish my breakfast in peace, closing the door behind me. Half an hour later, I opened my door and walked downstairs, dressed in a dress and sneakers with my schoolbag on my back and holding the bowl on my right hand. I dropped the bowl in the sink in the kitchen, shouted bye, got out the house, took the bus and rode off to school. When Kate dropped me off and drove off, I turned around and saw Nick and Hayley both watching me from a distance. Rolling my eyes, I lifted my bag higher on my shoulder and entered the school, walking to my locker. The same time I closed my locker, Hayley and Nick were standing in front of me (Nick standing behind Hayley). I turned around and was about to walk the other direction when Nick quickly shuffled and stood in front of me opposite Hayley. I would have walked past both, but I knew they were both going to pull me back in, so we all just past glares in silence. "Okay before you both say anything, I'm sorry" I spoke. "Sorry for using us in your lie?" Hayley asked. "Or sorry for not telling us the truth?" Nick asked. I kept quiet and thought in my head, which one I should be sorrier for. Hayley had a short temper and I saw she was getting impatient because she was tapping her leg. "REBECCA!" she yelled. "OKAY, okay I'm sorry I lied to both of you and didn't tell you where I was going?" I replied. "So where did you go?" Nick questioned again. I turned to Nick, then to Hayley, giving both of them glares before telling them that I had to go to class and walked away. Everybody was gossiping about what happened to me. A few people thought I was running away from the police, others thought I was running away from home and others thought I was going to see my sugar daddy. As I was walking to class, Sara ran up to me and walked beside me. "Thank you for not ratting me out to my parents." "Your welcome, and I'm sorry for the trouble I got you in, but where did you really go?" she asked. I stopped walking and turned to her. She stopped walking and turned to me. I took two steps closer and whispered to her that I was on a mission and walked off to class after that. That evening I called a family meeting. We discussed where I went and everything I did, and I brought the family a surprise. I ran up to my room quickly and walked downstairs. As I entered the room with a basket, I lowered the basket and introduced them to our new pomsky, Jerry. Anna always wanted a puppy and I had asked Rose and Jason earlier if we could get some because my friend was selling her puppies. Both Anna and I took turns taking care of the Jerry and playing with them during the week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 0 18
Life hadn't always been easy for Joey, but she managed. Taking life into her own hands, she did what she wanted when she wanted and how. Not worrying...
236K 4.4K 49
Aria soon finds herself at a crossroad when her best friend Logan offers her something she can't seem to refuse. Sex. That's all it is right? Pure Se...
1.1M 51.9K 34
17-year-old Ivory Wilson, a high school senior, is tempted to go after her best friend's boyfriend. Will she ruin their relationship? Will it all be...
4.4K 83 24
Vera Thompson's only concern during her Sophomore year in college was school, soccer, and her boyfriend Connor. However, her life turns upside down o...