Shin Megami Tensei: Dark Phan...

By AkiraAmamiya5

"RISK FOR CHANGE, RISK AGAINST CHANGE." [HUGE P5R SPOILERS, this book's plot is built upon it.] 2016年12月24日 D... More

[REVISION NOTE]
[REVISION NOTE 2]
Writer's Note
A God's Warning
Opening MV
[ACT I] - Phantom Damsel
To Tokyo, Forever
It Crawls Back
The Red Light
The Jack
Sumire Yoshizawa
Rebelling Strike
Rebelling Strike - [II]
[ACT II] - Most Wanted
Encounter
Under the Radar
Set Afoot
Blitzkrieg
[ACT III] - Red Strokes
The Mark
A Fox's Game
Eyes of Truth
Iron and Flesh
Hokkaido
[ACT IV] - Phantom Wings
Black vs. White
Ghost
The Visitor
The Case Opens
Rebirth
[ACT V] - Crossroads
The City That Intertwines Fate
Off From The Ground
Invitation
Showdown
A Fool on Justice
The Intersection
[ACT VI] - Put Back The Mask
The Stars Align
Been Awhile
First Turn
Silent Night
The Plan
In The Sea of Wealth
Skirmish
[ACT VII] - La Represalia
Bloodstained Restraints
Restless Days
Returning Favor
Against You... ?
From Deep Slumber
Terrain D'essai

Gear Up To Chaos

242 4 7
By AkiraAmamiya5

[June 12 2020, Friday]
[Café Leblanc, Yongen-Jaya]
[12:22 PM]

(A day has passed since what happened in Kabukicho. Ren wakes up, his eyes slowly opening up followed by a few blinks. He then rises up.)

Ren: OW-ow ow owww.......

(Morgana is awakened.)

Morgana: *yawn* Are you okay?

Ren: I-.....need to head to Takemi, have to get those wounds patched up real fast.

Morgana: Hey at least your face is A-okay, Just wash it up. I don't want Sojiro worrying about us.

(Ren heads downstairs, he sees Sojiro. The latter notices.)

Sojiro: You're late.

Ren: Sorry-.... I'll get back at you. I just need to do something important.

Sojiro: Important?

(Sojiro sighs.)

Sojiro: All right, I'll call you when I need you here then.

Ren: O-Okay...

(Ren heads outside, he walks his way to the clinic.)

Ren: Alright let's just hope she's still here.

(Ren heads to the medical clinic, He takes the elevator.)

[Takemi's Clinic, Yongen-Jaya]

(Ren heads out from the elevator as soon as they opened up. He goes to the reception, seeing Dr. Tae Takemi behind the booth.)

Dr. Takemi: Hm?....

(Takemi notices Ren's presence.)

Dr Takemi: Oh? I didn't expect you to be here at my doorstep again.

Ren: Hey Doc, Yeah.. It's been awhile.

Dr. Takemi: Yes, it has been. My little guinea pig.

Ren: (Jeez, she still calls me that?..)

Dr. Takemi: So did you come here to stop by or are you my patient today?

(Ren shows the wounds on his hands, he raises his eyebrow. Takemi notices and smiles.)

Dr. Takemi: Heh... your hand alone can explain things. No problem, you know the drill.

(Takemi and Ren head in to the patient room.)

Dr Takemi: Would be best if I get the clear picture, you don't mind showing me the rest of your wounds?

(Ren undresses his top, revealing his bare body that's in a lean build and riddled with bruises, noticeably on his hands and forearms.)

Dr Takemi: Quiet a fight you've got out from.

Ren: Legs too.

Dr Takemi: The body speaks for itself. Have you've gone to Shinjuku? Heard a lot of things going on there.

Ren: I wouldn't expand to it.

Dr Takemi: Considering what you are, I'm glad you managed to show up at my doorstep.

Ren: I'm glad you're still open after all these years.

Dr Takemi: Hehe... okay, here.

(Takemi hands Ren a small and thin orange can of pills.)

Dr Takemi: A hundred milligrams of my Recov-R should do it.

Ren: Thanks!

(Ren takes the medicine.)

Dr Takemi: This will quickly heal up all your bruises, give it like 30 minutes.

(Ren nodded his head in response.)

Dr Takemi: You rarely show up to me like this though.... Let me guess, Phantom Thief work?

Ren: You could-.... say that, yeah.

Dr Takemi: Well if that were the case, I'll always be here.

Ren: *coughs*, Really appreciate it, Doc. I wouldn't even know how things would've turned if I haven't met you years back.

Dr Takemi: I'm just glad. This is the best I can do to repay the favor.

(Ren smiles, he puts back on his clothes.)

Dr. Takemi: That'll be ¥800. I'm running a business after all.

Ren: Yeah- hold on.

(Ren grabs out his brown leather wallet, and opens it up.)

Ren: ?!

(He immediately becomes shock at the sight of his wallet's contents, brimming with stacks of money that's about to protrude through his wallet.)

Ren: (What the?!- I could've sworn I have like- ¥10,000 in there.)

(Takemi notices Ren.)

Dr Takemi: Don't tell me you don't have any?

Ren: W-Wha? No- no. Don't worry.

(Ren hands out his ¥1,000 to Takemi. He then bows and leaves the clinic.)

Ren: Thanks again!

Dr Takemi: Don't mention it.

[Ren's Room, Café Leblanc]

(Ren enters upstairs. Morgana is seen to be resting by Ren's bed, he notices him.)

Morgana: You're back, how are you holding up?

Ren: All patched up, feeling better.

Morgana: Good, good.... Let's head to Futaba for a discussion. A lot of things happened last night.

Ren: Yeah.

[Futaba's Room, Sakura Household]

(Futaba leans back to her gaming chair, it retracts with it as she slowly withdraws her breath while pondering on her thoughts. Ren is standing next to Futaba's wardrobe while Morgana is on her table.)

Futaba: Last night.... That was something I really didn't expect.

Ren: No luck in Sumire..... but it felt like we inexplicably dragged ourselves into an another mess.

Morgana: Yeah and that mess involves meeting the aforementioned "phantom thief" and the detective.

Ren: Another.... Persona user.

Futaba: Come to think of it, I thought we were the only chosen ones to wield Personas.

Ren: Me too....

(Ren ponders to his thoughts.)

.....

(He thinks back to his meeting with Igor.)

Igor: "The sins of the false distorting world has taken over to your world prior to our meeting."

Ren: Sins of the distorted world.... taking over prior to our meeting...

Morgana: Huh?

Ren: That's what Igor said.

Futaba: As in the Shadows from the Metaverse being in our world, before our Personas awakened?

Ren: Pretty much.

Futaba: The sudden rise of crimes around the country happened like a week ago or two.... I'm beginning to see things lining up.

Morgana: Huh.... I guess our enemies were a step ahead of us.

Ren: One thing striking me odd is the ones affiliated with Kaneshiro.

Futaba: How?

Ren: I get the feeling they're the same Shadows we encountered back in Kaneshiro's palace.

Morgana: What? That doesn't make sense. We tore down the palace so every Shadow should be dead!

Futaba: Ren, at least you have a clue about her?

Ren: I recall Takumi's words, But...

(He recalls about Takumi from last night.)

Joker: "Don't play dumb."

Takumi: "Why would you think we have your precious girlfriend be held captive by us? Guess love can make a man soft. Is that why you're donning that mask again?"

.....

Ren: I find it a little strange he knew Sumire...

Futaba: I guess someone did their research.

Morgana: He claims they never took her.... So whoever sent that message to us last night was clearly not them. Smells quiet odd tho.... We pinned it at the Kaneshiro mafia since it sounded fitting, yet Takumi denies about Sumire. But ain't it a bit more than a coincidence that the people were accusing, has their captain being a Persona user along with the fact they still have a grudge on us without knowing, and they've been preparing themselves to take us on again? Well- I have my reason to doubt, but that's just me.

Futaba: Actually-.... Yeaah.... You do have a point though, Morgana. It seems as if they're the exact ones provoking us from that message.

Ren: To include, the fact he exhibits the same nature from the Metaverse. Clothes and everything.

Morgana: Meaning he too has some sense of rebellion, just a bit different enough to oppose us.

Futaba: Heh, him being like that and siding with the same guys we fought against before? Ironic.

Ren: .....

(He recalls Igor's words again.)

Igor: "Furthermore, with your Persona able to roam around your world, you're also bounded to encounter people like you wherever you go, either an ally or an enemy."

.....

Ren: Igor said that..... we're bounded to encounter people like us. So it does imply that meeting Takumi was fated.

Morgana: Fated?... Well come to look at it... Guess it does make sense with all that Metaverse thing Takumi has.

Futaba: Not to mention, he even has his own nickname.

Ren: "Jack"..... Though I admit, I half don't believe them too. The other is saying to find a new lead.

Futaba: Any ideas then?

Ren: .....

(Ren looks away for a brief moment, pondering over his thoughts.)

.....

Ren: No...

Morgana: Me neither, the Kaneshiro felt fitting. Otherwise it's a whole new threat we're confronting.

Ren: Guess a little hello to their boss should do the trick.

Futaba: What- you're telling me you're going further?

Ren: Seems like the only way to do so.

Futaba: Damn- haven't been for that hacker to delete that footage. I would've easily identified those guys who kidnapped Sumire.

Morgana: We're pretty much sitting ducks if we take Kaneshiro out from our pinboard. Who knows? At any second she's getting hurt more and more.

(Ren expresses discomfort over Morgana's words, he turns to his right briefly. Morgana notices him.)

Morgana: S-sorry...

Ren: No, you're right.

(Futaba's phone vibrated.)

Futaba: Hm?

(She pulls it out, and checks her notification center.)

Futaba: ?!

(She makes a shocked expression, the two notice.)

Ren: What's wrong, Futaba?

Futaba: "Notorious leader of the Phantom Thieves of Heart resurfaces in a footage taken in Kabukicho"....

Morgana: Knew we would make it into the news!

Futaba: Someone in the crowd was recording you two while you were still fighting off the Kaneshiros.

Ren: Anything else that's written?

Futaba: The police are investigating on the matter.

Morgana: Tch-

Futaba: No need to worry, I can still manage in keeping you all under the radar. You have to be careful when you're outside though.

Ren: Still, the piece of a government's onto us once again.

Morgana: A case that's out from being cold...

(Morgana sighs.)

Futaba: What's the verdict guys?

Ren: Our lead is still Kaneshiro, if they're bringing their fight to us then so be it. I think Sumire is part of it.

Morgana: Them taking away our closest friend, imagine if they were to take your parents as an act to provoke us as the Thieves?

Futaba: I have no other reason not to think that way, well I'll get in to digging what I can find.

Ren: Took the words out from my mouth.

Futaba: Hehe, well... what are you two gonna do for now?

Ren: We need to gear up, I get the feeling we're entering chaos.

Morgana: Boy oh boy! We're gonna see the Joker return to form!

Futaba: Minus the heart stealing, and that there's no Mementos and such.

Ren: I honestly never thought that I'd be needing those materials again. Sure takes me back. Well, I'll be seeing you again, Futaba.

Futaba: Mm... bye bye.

(Ren leaves the room, followed by Morgana.)

[Café Leblanc]
[12:50 PM]

(Ren opens the door of the cafe and enters in.)

Ren: I'm back.

Sojiro: Still busy?

Ren: Yeah.

Sojiro: Oh I see, Your box of stuffs from your home came by here minutes ago. I put it upstairs

Ren: Really?

(Ren went upstairs to his room, He starts digging through his box.)

Ren: Where is it, where is it?

(He found his grappling hook.)

Ren: There! Now I just have to fix it up later.

Morgana: Never though of you'd used thats again, funny how we talked about it not too long ago.

Ren: Well that goes off my checklist, Let's head to Iwai-san..... if he's still there.

Morgana: Hey, That's a name I haven't heard in a while.

[Central Street, Shibuya]
[1:30 PM]

(Ren passes through the Shibuya Crossing and entering Central Street.)

Morgana: This place never changes.

Ren: You better not jinx on that.

(He takes a turn to his left into an alleyway, a bright light flashed before them.)

Ren: ?!

(He quickly stops as the light fades, revealing a blue door with Lavenza standing next to it. She smiles at Ren.)

Ren: (Lavenza! The entry point to the Velvet Room? Glad it's still at the same place.)

(Ren continues walking ahead, he takes a turn to his right then looks at the military green-colored store to his left. He glances at the lit up sign in green.)

"Untouchable"

Ren: Good, looks like it's still here.

(He looks down to the entrance door, glancing at the signage that says "OPEN". He enters in.)

[Untouchable]

(Ren walks inside to the airsoft store. He sees no one before the counter.)

Ren: Hmm?

(He looks around the store.)

Ren: Iwai-san?

(Iwai is seen to be heading out from the backroom, ahead from the counter that is placed on the right of Ren. He notices him.)

Iwai: You...

Ren: It's been a while, Iwai-san.

(Iwai smiles at the sight of Ren.)

Iwai: If it ain't the kid... How ya doing?

(Ren smiles back in response.)

Ren: Very well, just glad you're still around.

Iwai: Heh..

(Iwai then sits down.)

Iwai: The pandemic did a blow on me, but I managed to stay on my feet. Anyways what could I do for you?

Ren: You still got those daggers lying around here?

Iwai: I knew you'd ask.

(Iwai goes to a stacked array of black briefcases placed on top of a drawer from his right, he grabs one and puts it on the table before Ren. He opens it.)

Iwai: I had this custom-made dagger sitting for years now, it was meant to show my appreciation to you.

Ren: Me?

Iwai: Yeah, for all the help you did years back. It's based on your go-to dagger but with an improved grip and a sharper blade.

(Ren grabs hold of the blade, and inspects it with awe.)

Ren: Wow...

Iwai: Let's see if you still got it.

Ren: Heh, alright.

(Ren twirls around his dagger, going around his finger before stopping and holding it in a backhand grip.)

Ren: I'm a little off there.

Iwai: Looks good to me. Fits you well. This one's on the house.

Ren: Really?

Iwai: Yeah, I was planning it as a gift to you in the first place.

Ren: Thanks...

(Ren continues inspecting his dagger.)

Ren (cont'd): Wow...

Iwai: This should do you good in your business, assuming you're back.

Ren: Yeah, you could say I am. Wait- one more thing.

Iwai: Hm? What is it?

Ren: ..... I need a gun.

Iwai: ..... A gun?

Ren: (Oh right! He's still isn't aware about the Metaverse. How the hell am I gonna make this up without mentioning it? No one in this world will believe in it's existence.)

(Ren clears his throat.)

Ren: You see-

Iwai: I've heard the news, back there in Kabukicho? Yeah. You got your hands soaked with the mafia.

Ren: Y-..... Yeah.

Iwai: So you want to even the odds?

(Iwai stands up.)

Iwai: Come here.

(Iwai walks to the back room, Ren follows him.)

Iwai: I managed to get this one smuggled for years back and it's been under the radar since then.

(Iwai hands Ren a pistol.)

Ren: !

(His eyes widened at the sight of it. It's a pistol that looks similar to what he used years back, he takes a closer look at it.)

Iwai: A TT-30, ain't much these days but it'll sure get the job done if you treat her well.

Ren: The Tokarev. Soviet-era pistol. This looks oddly like the first model gun I bought from you...

(Ren slides the upper frame, it snaps back as he lets go of it. He then quickly points the pistol with his right hand, before the other clasping with it on the handle. He then tilts the firearm sideways.)

Iwai: Heh... you sure have your way with it.

(Ren puts down the gun.)

Iwai: You're also gonna need this of course.

(Iwai hands Ren a paper bag, Ren checks it. It reveals a box of compatible bullets for the firearm.)

Iwai: Best if you keep the gun in there too.

Ren: Yeah- I will.

(Ren placed the pistol inside the paper bag and rolled the opening of the bag shut.)

Ren: Why do you have it anyway?

Iwai: Self-defense. You know how things are going around outside lately, even with the advent return of the Kaneshiro mafia. Though after hearing the news, I felt like it's right to give you the gun.

Ren: Iwai-san, thank you so much.

Iwai: Best I can do, kid. You've done enough for me and the world. Take care of it.

Ren: I will. Thank you- again.

(Iwai smiles as he watches Ren leave. Ren exits the store.)

[Central Street, Shibuya]

Morgana: Now you finally got yourself a weapon.

Ren: Properly armed for the job, what about you?

Morgana: Oh don't worry, I got my claws and my Persona. I got this!

Ren: You sure? Suit yourself then.

Morgana: Nyehe, being a cat has its perks ya know.

Ren: Really embracing being one huh?

Morgana: .....

(Morgana stares at Ren with a blank expression and his eyes lowered.)

Ren: Heh... you never changed.

(Ren's phone is vibrating from his pocket, he grabs for it. It shows Sojiro calling for him, he accepts the call.)

Ren: Hello?

Sojiro: "Ren, are you still busy?"

Ren: Uh- not really, I'm about to head back.

Sojiro: "You mind helping out for a bit? Business is getting slow."

Ren: Oh alright I'll be there in a jiffy.

(Ren returns to LeBlanc and helps out Sojiro.)

[Café Leblanc, Yongen-Jaya]
[4:30 PM]

(Ren and Sojiro are waiting around for customers.)

Ren: .....

Sojiro: *sigh* Few people than usual again, Damn Pandemic.

(Ren is stuck thinking about Sumire, giving off a slightly sorrowed yet serious expression. Sojiro notices.)

Sojiro: Something the matter, Ren?

Ren: Huh- oh, No, I'm fine.

Sojiro: Really?

Ren: Yeah....

Sojiro: I heard about the news, a phantom thief was spotted in Shinjuku. S'That true?

Ren: Yeah, that's us.

Sojiro: That's why you're busy outside huh?

.....

Ren: Sorry if I wasn't being that clear, Sojiro-san. But there's a reason why I'm back. It's about Sumire.

Sojiro: Sumire? What happened?

(Ren briefly makes a paining expression as he clears his throat.)

Ren: She's been kidnapped, as far as I can tell.

Sojiro: What?

Ren: Yeah..... that's why I was in Kabukicho, to look for answers about her.

Sojiro: Huh... damn....

(Sojiro crosses his arms as his eyes shift away from Ren and expresses concern.)

Sojiro: Well have you found any?

Ren: Yeah, hence the news. I believe the mafia is holding her captive.

Sojiro: According to that shaky footage, there seemed to be a lot of men gunning at you. I'm surprised you're still alive.

Ren: Crazy thing is, it's the same mafia we dealt years back. They're out for my blood.

Sojiro: Hey- doesn't that mean..

Ren: It's fine, Futaba's holding them off to keep us safe.

(Sojiro briefly smiles.)

Sojiro: Heh, that girl always on her damn computer. You never know what wonders she can do, good or bad.

Ren: Yeah, heh-...

(Ren sighs, as his face expresses worry. Sojiro notices)

Sojiro: Hey I know a lover's eyes when I see one. You reminded me of Wakaba.

Ren: Hm?

Sojiro: There was nothing for me to do when she died, But I sometimes wish I knew what happened prior that. I sometimes wish I had prevented it. If I hadn't took her last notes as a joke. But you Ren, You're a Phantom Thief right? You're on that position where you can turn the tide. Come on son, I know you can do this with the help of your friends.

Ren: .......Thank you, Sojiro-san.

Sojiro: You've taken on Shido once, I expect this barely a hassle for you.

(Ren smiles in response, feeling optimistic.)

Ren: You're right.

Sojiro: What are you gonna do now?

Ren: Confront the mafia again for more answers. I already expect they won't take me lightly.

Sojiro: As long as you come back with one piece. Losing your hand is bad for the business.

Ren: Haha! Yeah, I will.

[10:00 PM]

(Sojiro has left LeBlanc from closing up shop, leaving Ren for the night. Ren goes upstairs to his room.)

Ren: Alright, house is all ours again.

Morgana: While Futaba is working on finding the mafia, Best if you get yourself ready.

Ren: Yep.

(Ren gets on the ground, and does a few push ups. )

Ren: 1..... 2..... 3..... 4..... 5.....

Morgana: Let me help you with that.

(Morgana jumps to Ren's back)

Ren: !- Morgana!-

(Morgana yawns and falls asleep, Ren sighs.)

Ren: 6..... 7..... 8..... 9..... 10.....

[June 13 2020, Saturday]
[1:30 PM]

(Ren is texting Futaba.)

Ren: "Any luck?"

Futaba: "no, no clues. i^i"

Ren: Damn....

"Alright, keep on trying"

Futaba: "it'll atleast take me a few more days to find her location"

.....

"do you have anything you can atleast give from when you were in kabukicho last night?"

Ren: "No"

Futaba: "yeah me neither, they just appeared out of nowhere"

Ren: "Even Ohya said that they've been covering up their tracks"

Futaba: "ngl even with my persona back, it's still hard finding them"

Ren: "I figured, but how?"

Futaba: "during your fight with takumi, my persona was detecting anyone's locations nearby"

.....

Futaba: "anyone but the kaneshiros. not a single trace of communication"

Ren: "Cameras?"

Futaba: "no luck, they were all shut down during that time too. i assume that hacker was a step ahead of us"

Ren: "Damn"

Futaba: "which makes the leads being hard to find."

Ren: "And yet your Persona is capable of mass surveillance...."

Futaba: "you think....?"

Ren: "Another Persona interfering?"

Futaba: "it doesn't sound off, nothing would affect a persona other than another persona"

Ren: "Could be Takumi's doing?"

Futaba: "maybe? i was able to read his persona well along with yours"

Ren: "I get the feeling it's another guy"

Futaba: "me too, i doubt they're willing to show face"

Ren: "Let's not delve into it until our suspicions confirm."

Futaba: "yeah I agree, feeling super worried is not gonna do me good in a search."

Ren: "I need to head back to what I'm doing, I'm still underhanded"

Futaba: "me too, gotta continue the work"

Ren: "Thanks, I'll see ya."

(Ren closes his phone.)

Morgana: A Persona interfering Futaba?

Ren: Yeah, these guys are armed to the brim with knowledge against us.

Morgana: We barely know a thing about them, yet Takumi himself knows you.

Ren: We need to continue gearing up. The way I see things? This ain't ending anytime soon.

Morgana: What a way to start off things in becoming a phantom thief again.... or does it really count being a thief?..... W-whatever! You think you could find your materials here? Most of them came from Mementos.

Ren: I'll try going around Tokyo for it.

(Ren stands up and grabs his duffle bag.)

Ren: Come on, let's go.

Morgana: Alright! Ya best have your good ideas on the table.

(Morgana jumps into the bag, they both leave LeBlanc for the day.)

(He spends his time going throughout Tokyo, procuring every important material needed to create his items.)

[Back at Café Leblanc]
[3:17 PM]

(Ren heads upstairs to his work table, holding two plastic bags containing arrays of miscellaneous items. He places them to the table.)

Ren: Alright, let's get started.

Morgana: You'd still got the recipe down?

Ren: Yeah, I think.

Morgana: Alright, just ask me when you forget something.

(Ren cracks his fingers and his neck, he then spends his time crafting tools.)

[6:33 PM]

Ren: Aaaand there!

(Ren finishes his craft, a smoke bomb that is a small white ball.)

Ren: Hmmm...

(Ren smiles, looking at what he crafted.)

Ren: Still got that thing down, I think it'll do us good, right Morgana?

.....

(Morgana seems to be not responding, Ren looks behind his back, seeing Morgana who's at the bed.)

Ren: Morgana?

(Morgana happens sleeping. Ren sighs with a smile then continues on to the day.)

[9:20 PM]

(Ren drops himself to the bed, and lets out a sigh of relief. Morgana goes beside to Ren.)

Morgana: That's quiet a lot!

Ren: Yeah, wasn't too long for me to get the hang of it again.

Morgana: You're pretty much armed for the situation.

(His phone vibrated, he pulls it out and checks the notification.)

[IM MESSAGE GROUP CHAT]

Makoto: "@everyone"

Futaba: "?"

Haru: "What is it?"

Makoto: "I made it! I have passed the test!"

(Makoto sends a screenshot of her e-mail letter regarding about her completely passing the test in being a detective.)

Ann: "Yes!! I'm proud of you!! (*≧∀≦*)"

Ren: "I knew you could do it, Good job."

Futaba: "i thought i'd never see the day, guess I was wrong" (−_−;)

Ann: "You seriously doubted her?!"

Makoto: "Anyways, I'm gonna be really busy tomorrow, Thank you all for supporting me."

Ann: "I'm so proud of you \(^ω^)/"

Haru: "Go get 'em Detective!"

Ren: "About that, I need something about Kaneshiro himself, I believe he has something up his sleeve about Sumire."

Ann: "Oh yeah, I've heard the news!"

Haru: "You really kicked hundreds of butts all by yourself and Mona. You never changed."

Makoto: "Yeah I'll work into it. I'm not sure if they'll allow me right off the bat, But I'll deal with him."

Ren: "Thanks."

(Ren closes his phone.)

Morgana: Wow... I never thought this day would come. Makoto herself being a detective.

Ren: Proud of her really.

Morgana: You seem really tired right now, best if you get rest.

Ren: We still have time to prepare.

[June 16 2020, Tuesday]
[10:50 PM]

(Nighttime, a customer has left the cafe. Ren is wiping the bar counter clean, while Sojiro is sitting down and reading a newspaper.)

Ren: .....

(His phone vibrated, his eyes widened out from response.)

Ren: !

(He stops wiping and quickly pulls out his phone, seeing a notification from Futaba. He quickly unlocks his phone.)

Futaba: "got it, managed to pin their location!"

(Ren smiles, seeing that message.)

Ren: "Knew you could do it."

Futaba: "best if you come over to the house."

Ren: "Alright. I'll be on my way."

(Ren closes his phone and puts it back to his pocket.)

Ren: Sojiro-san, I'm heading to Futaba again.

Sojiro: Mm..

Ren: Let's go.

Morgana: She found something?

Ren: Yeah.

(Morgana nods. Ren grabs for his bag as Morgana jumps into it.)

[Futaba's Room, Sakura Household
[10:55 PM]

(Ren enters in Futaba's room.)

Futaba: Hey- glad you're here.

(He closes the door of her room.)

Ren: So... where are they?

(Futaba grabs something from her table, which happens to be a black microSD card with "16 GB" being written on it.)

Futaba: All the info is there, I get the feeling someone might be spying on us so I had to take some secure measures.

Morgana: Good call, Futaba! Considering how these guys know our names.

Ren: Last thing I want is them knowing where we are.

(Ren observes at the microSD card, and brings out his iPhone.)

Ren: Thing is...

Futaba: Oh right! Forgot iPhones don't have a card slot. Where's your other phone?

Ren: Uh.... Let's say an accident happened.

Morgana: To think it's the very same one that was with us in the journey of being a phantom thief. It was a huge helping hand too in revealing the truth.

Ren: Things happen.... Well- I'll just get a used one that's not far from here.

Futaba: Yeah, that's better.

Ren: Still, thanks Futaba.

Futaba: Wasn't easy finding the info, take care of it!

Ren: Yeah, I know. I will.

(Ren heads out from the house.)

[Yongen-Jaya]

(He heads to a nearby used electronics store and buys a used black Fujitsu smartphone with a cracked screen. He heads out from the store.)

Ren: This will do.

(He opens the back cover, revealing the phone's battery, its SIM card and microSD card slot. He instead the card into its respective slot.)

Ren: Alright it's in.... just gotta wait for the phone to load.

Morgana: In the meantime, let's ready ourselves.

(Ren heads back to the cafe, he sees Sojiro closing the door. The latter notices him.)

Sojiro: Ren!

Ren: Hm?

(Sojiro tosses the keys to the cafe into Ren. Ren catches it.)

Ren: Thanks.

(Sojiro nods with a smile, he walks past Ren.)

Sojiro: Goodnight, Ren.

Ren: Goodnight.

(Ren nods back, he then heads in back to the cafe.)

.....

(He heads upstairs.)

.....

"Hey, ya the owner of this shop?"

Sojiro (afar): Yeah, why?

(Ren stops, overhearing men with a threatening tone in their voices along with Sojiro's from afar, he begins to express an uneasy feeling along with Morgana.)

Morgana: I don't like this.

Ren: Me neither.

(Ren heads back down, he reaches the door.)

"Where's Amamiya?"

Ren and Morgana: ?!

(Sojiro is seen to be confronted with two men wearing suits and a buttoned shirt underneath, with the buttons around the neck left undone.)

Sojiro: Amamiya? I know nothing about him. You should try someplace else.

(One of the men pulls out their pistol and aims it on Sojiro's head. Sojiro remains the same, his eyebrows sharpened.)

Sojiro: You have the nerve to put it on me, but I assure you'll be wasting your time.

Threatening Man: You keep your mouth shut, fucker! This is the mafia you're dealing with.

(Ren and Morgana's eyes widened, hearing those uttered words.)

Morgana: Kaneshiro?

Ren: Morgana, stay here.

Mafioso A (cont'd): I don't want any trouble, Sakura-san. I only ask for Amamiya.

Sojiro: Tch...

"Hey!"

(The mafioso's caught the attention of the voice. They see Ren who exits past the cafe's door, with a pistol aimed at the two.)

Ren: Let him go.

Mafioso A: Amamiya-san!

(Sojiro looks to his back, seeing Ren.)

Sojiro: Ren!

Ren: What do you want?

Mafioso B: Orders from the boss, you know what.

Ren: Tch-...

(Ren approached to the two mafiosos.)

Ren: You're making a mistake.

Mafioso B: You're lucky the cops came last time.

(Mafioso B pulls out his own pistol and aims it at Ren.)

Ren: !

Mafioso A: Only ends with two ways, you stay away, or we'll make sure you do.

Ren: Hmph...

(Mafioso A aims his gun into Ren, as the latter stops near to them.)

Mafioso B: I didn't expect you to be this young. What do you say? It's time you learn that you shouldn't get your hands dirty with us.

(Sojiro briefly steps aside, seeing the two men and Ren having their guns pointed at each other.)

Ren: .....

Mafioso A: Your move, kid.

Ren: .....

.....

.....

.....

(Ren lets go of his pistol, dropping it to the ground. The two are alarmed by the sudden and unexpected move.)

Ren: Hmph!

(Before the pistol hits the ground, Ren quickly disarms Mafioso A's pistol by twisting his right arm and pushing him away.)

Mafioso B: YOU!-

(Ren quickly makes a right side kick into the other mafioso along with Arsène, sending him away and hitting a wall. He is knocked unconscious and hits the ground.)

Mafioso A: Ugh-... Tch.

(The mafioso gets up, seeing Ren quickly approaching him. He grabs for his pistol again.)

Ren: HMPH!

(Before the mafioso could aim, Ren quickly makes a right roundhouse kick onto the mafioso's head.)

Mafioso A: UGH!-

(The mafioso is knocked unconscious, he hits the ground. The two suddenly turned pale, Sojiro notices.)

Sojiro: What the... ?

Ren: *pant*... Sojiro-san!

(He rushes to Sojiro.)

Ren: Are you okay?

Sojiro: I'm fine. Heh, it seems they really have taken a liking of you?

Futaba (afar): *pant*...*pant*...

(The two heard Futaba panting from afar, she arrives near the café. Seeing the two downed men.)

Futaba: Dad!

(She quickly hugs him.)

Sojiro: Hey, I'm fine... I'm fine.

(She then lets go.)

Futaba: Sorry if I didn't tell you Ren, but... my Persona didn't detect these two.

(Ren blinks his eyes, switching into his alternate vision. He sees the two downed mafiosos with red auras.)

Ren: Damn..

(He switches back to his normal vision, Morgana arrives.)

Morgana: Anyone okay?!

Futaba: Yeah. They're really getting on our nerves now.

Ren: Going that far huh? We have to confront them now!

Futaba: If that's the case, I'm coming then! I think it's time we truly step out from our comfort zone.

Morgana: I like this energy. Ren, I really hate to admit it but..

Ren: I know.... This is getting bigger than just her. I honestly didn't believe what Igor said until now...

Futaba: At this point.... This really calls for our help. The Kaneshiro are making a comeback and we can't afford to repeat history.

Sojiro: I never thought this day would come again, heh. Futaba, you better come back to me without a scratch, okay?

Futaba: I won't, We got Ren on our side.

Ren: Don't worry about her.

Futaba: Let's go, we're making our rebelling strike!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 0 32
The third part to my "Persona 5" fan fiction, where the Phantom Thieves try to change the heart of a mob boss named Junya Kaneshiro, a target that is...
3.5K 21 108
This fanfictional crossover story is a work of fiction. There's also gonna be some Trigger Warnings (TW) in this story, so please be cautious. Also t...
644 6 6
In this world, there's no such thing as the Phantom Thieves. But even without the metaverse, shadows still stalk the streets of Tokyo at night. After...
30.9K 836 18
((P5 Protagonist/Joker x Female Reader)) Your destiny was set in motion before you even realized. From a dream that began this path, you were given a...