ONLY US (ongoing)

By i_dont_even_know_heh

*THIS IS A WEREWOLF STORY* Mabel Wren Romevollo is the four year old daughter of the kindest alpha to walk th... More

Prolouge.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
CAST
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 7

12K 276 57
By i_dont_even_know_heh

Sorry for the late update, I got my stuff taken off me for soooo loooong, but I'm back now and Merlin am I bursting with ideas. This is going to be a crazy ride to say the least!

Enjoy the chapter!

Also that's the crown, it's simple and cute and there will be a few references to it, not much, but ya know :)

Also I know it may seem weird and inconsistent and just thrown together but trust me, it will get better.

***

Mabel cried.

After Adonis had told her he was leaving she cried.

When Adonis told her he was going to spend the whole week with her before he left, she cried.

When he had said sorry to Joseph and when Joseph had given Mabel a hug when he found out Adonis was leaving, she cried.

She had even cried when she woke up the day he was supposed to leave, with him next to her.

She had never cried so much in her life.

She lay on her back staring at the ceiling and playing with Adonis' hair while he slept soundly, his head in the crook of her neck and body splayed over her.

Maybe if I don't wake him up he'll miss his flight and won't have to go, she thought, yeah. I think I'll do that.

She felt her eyes water as he sighed in his sleep and huddled closer to her.

This was the stupid councils fault. All they ever think about is themselves and now they're sending her mate away because he's a 'suspected' Lycan. She knew for sure he was a Lycan, he knew he was, the council just didn't know for sure he was.

Tears threatened to fall as the heat of his body transferred to hers. Leaving her warm and cozy.

She was going to miss cuddling up next to him and sleeping near him. They had been sleeping in the same bed pretty much every night since they were 4 and 5. She didn't want that to change now.

But it was only for a year and a half. Maybe she was being dramatic. Nothing could go wrong and he'd be back to her soon enough.

She lifted her hand in the air slightly and checked the time on a watch she had.

11:42 AM.

He had seven hours. He was going to leave her in seven hours.

That's only if I wake him up. She thought, feeling a bit evil and selfish.

She shrugged.

It's all the same anyway, if it was me I would have stayed if he muttered the words.

Mabel had been angry. She had been sad. She had been in denial. She had been through the whole five stages of grief. She didn't necessarily want to go through it again.

Adonis stirred.

Mabel stopped her breathing and closed her eyes. She didn't realise he could feel that she wasn't breathing.

He snapped up and brought his ear near her mouth, trying to hear her breathing while putting his hands on her stomach to feel any sort of movement.

"Mabel. Mabel, baby. Hey! Wake up, get up!" He said, growing more panicked. Mabel grew confused at his erratic voice and slowly let her breath out, opening her eyes.

He looked at her and sighed in relief when he saw her beautiful marble eyes staring back up at him.

"Goddess Mabel, you scared me. You've got to stop pretending your dead when I wake up, you know it scares me every time.", he said, smiling at her while still trying to give her a scowl.

She looked on at him, a frown digging into her soft face.

"T-the girl wh-who cried Exie.", Mabel said as if that thought had just struck her, a barely there smile appearing on her soft face as Adonis laughs at her words.

"Y-you're le-leaving today", she said, wiping all emotion from her face. She was really good at that.

Adonis paused.

"Huh?- o-oh well, uh, I better shower then and uh we can have breakfast? We can even go and visit Vaxis", Adonis replied, testing the waters in case she breaks down into tears again.

Vaxis was an old lady that Mabel adored, she was odd and often times told Mabel stories so drastic that Mabel couldn't help but believe them. The first story she ever told was of a lady of the name Atia who was a fairy like creature. In reality no one knew her actual name. She was hunted because of her abilities to control the elements. They called her murderous and a danger because she made trees grow and because water obeyed her. She couldn't just make water obey her. She could make any substance with water obey her. Like blood. So they named her Atia, which means Malice and the need to kill others. Giving her a stamp of evil.

Atia was being followed so she had went into hiding and disguised her scent but there was one person who could smell past her cover. Her mate who happened to be the Alpha King, a Lycan. She had fallen in love the minute she had met him and he had fallen for her. She had fallen pregnant soon after their meeting and gave birth to their son who they named Eijaz which means miracle in Arabic. He was later given the name Mabuz from the public, the Scottish name for ruler of death castle.

After giving birth she was captured by the vampire king and beaten and used for her powers.

She managed to escape using her water ability and hid in the wilderness. Her true home.

They hunted her and hunted her until one day in the middle of a war between the Wolves and the Vampires she appeared from thin air and stood in between them in her home- the forest- and let the soil swallow them hole, including her mate, eliminating most vampires and wolves dead and leaving only a couple hundred of survivors to repopulate their respective species. Then she disappeared never to be seen again. Only the survivors know what happened and they are long dead now but before they died they remained adamant that Atia was not dead, that she had not buried herself in her godly soil, but is instead biding her time. For what? They don't know. The forest was then named the forest of Atia. Some say if you venture into the forest you will hear screams. The screams of the fallen soldiers. The screams of the fallen King.

But Mabel didn't want to go to Vaxis and listen to legends of fallen warriors or supernatural.

Mabel wanted Adonis to stay with her.

She desperately wanted to plead for him to go back to sleep with her, to lay and cuddle with her until she knew he wasn't leaving.

But that wasn't going to happen.

Instead she just nodded silently and tried her hand at a genuine smile.

Adonis nodded at her nod and lifted from the bed.

There was a bang at the door.

"Hey fuckface, get out here! I've got a bone to pick with you!", a girls voice rang through the door.

In reality it was extremely disturbing to hear such crude words coming from an otherwise sweet voice of a little girl. However to Mabel this was no girl, this was her own personal monster.

Adonis growled loudly and began to stalk towards the door, his footsteps loud against the floor as he all but stamps.

Mabel quickly untangled herself from her sheets and ran to stand in front of the door.

"N-no Addie! I W-will deal wi-with it my-myself, y-you're no-not gonn-gonna be here l-later s-s-so why now?", Mabel says placing a dainty hand on Adonis' chest and pushed him back with all her might, causing him to slightly step back.

"I can help, I'll make her stop." Adonis says, though he was beginning to smirk, letting his wolf shine through, giving him wolfish features as his eyes shine Vantablack, letting off the feeling that all the light was sucked from the room, making it unbearably colder.

"Exie! st-t-top that! Y-you know it h-hurts!", Mabel whispered angrily at Adonis, rather his wolf Excors (or Exie to Mabel), rubbing her arms with her hands, trying to transfer some warmth into them.

Adonis shakes his head turning his eyes back to their usual golden colour and shoving Excors to the back of his mind and locking him up.

"He says sorry, baby", Adonis said giving Mabel a guilty smile.

"I-it's o-ok-"

"C'mon fatass, I can't wait all day for your troll looking self.", Mabel was interrupted through the door.

Adonis yet again snarls and takes a step forward only to hear a little growl.

It took him aback, it was probably the cutest thing he had ever heard. It was like a puppy was growling at him.

He looked towards the sound and low and behold his mate is standing there with her arms crossed and a scowl set on her face.

"You have never growled before" Adonis said, taken aback.

"T-there's first t-time for ev-everything", she replied, narrowing her eyes causing him to throw up his hands in innocence.

"I t-think you sh-should go shower now", Mabel said to him, checking her wrist to see they had wasted 20 minutes.

Adonis rolled his eyes frustratingly and nodded slowly.

"Call me if you need anything, I'm serious Amabilis, anything." He said, walking slowly towards the bathroom.

"Y-yes yes, a-a-anything" she said, nodding her head.

He nods and disappears behind the bathroom door as the incessant banging on the door continues.

Mabel sighs and walks towards the door and opens it slowly to see Kyra, a girl about a foot smaller than Adonis but inches taller than Mabel.

"About time, Alice heard about your boyfriend staying over and did nothing. That's not fair. Justin wasn't allowed stay over and I asked!", Kyra yells, slapping Mabels arms repeatedly.

Mabel sighs and quickly moves away from the girl as her arms go numb, either from the sudden cold in contrast to the warmth of her bed or from Kyras elephant hands slapping against her skin.

"I-I'm so-sorry if J-Justin w-wasn't allowed t-to sta-stay", Mabel says calmly back.

Mabel is a lot of things, but she will not cry in the face of a bully and neither will she let them feel as though they won. Sure she doesn't like physical confrontation at all and hates being hit but that does by no means permit her to use the same technique to express her feelings of anger or otherwise.

Mabel was calm and serene and she was adamant to remain that way, she had seen enough anger.

Kyra was a beautiful girl, with straight black hair despite having ringlet curls at her ends, her mother had been a drug addict and dropped her off at the orphanage when Kyra was seven, promising to come back once she sorted herself out. Her mother did neither. Flash forward three years and Kyra gets the news of her mother's death and turns from the quiet- keep to herself- type of girl to the type that seeks affection anywhere she can get it in all the wrong ways and for all the wrong reasons.

Mabel didn't hate her, Mabel felt sorry for her.

Mabel didn't remember her mother. She remembered the attack and her father but not her mother. All she remembered was a name. Eudoria.

"You're "so-sorry"?! You'll be sorry you were born you stuttering piece of shit. Like can you actually talk right or are you going to talk like a toddler for the rest of your life? Go run home to your family- oh wait you have none!" Kyra sneers at Mabel.

Maybe she forgot she doesn't have a family either, Mabel thought, narrowing her eyes at the girl in question.

"H-he won't b-be st-staying anymore so d-don't m-ma-make a big deal o-out of som-something non-existent.", Mabel said, folding her red arms over her chest.

"Awww why, did poor little Mabel get thrown away like the trash she is? Please, I knew it was going to happen soon enough, I didn't expect the Adonis Timor to keep you around, I mean look at you and look at him! 'nuff said", Kyra laughed.

Mabel got angry, which rarely happened, but something about this time was different.

"Don't. Say. His. Name." Mabel whispered, clutching her eyes shut, so tight it looked painful.

"Or. What." Kyra sniggered, raising her hand in the air and lifting her middle finger to stick into Mabels face.

Mabel simply tilted her head.

Suddenly she felt hot air rush through her and flood the room. Kyra began to sweat immediately and moved her hand away from Mabels face, just in time to shield her own face as the windows smashed around them with the sudden pressure of heat.

Mabel jumped slightly at that and immediately shook her head, causing the heat to dissipate.

Adonis began to bang at the door of the bedroom. It was like it had been glued.

"What the fuck did you do!" Kyra yelled at Mabel as Mabel began to whimper and bang at the other side of her bedroom door.

"Mabel, baby, can you hear me?!" Adonis yelled at he stopped banging for her to hear.

"Y-yeah I-I hear!" She yelled back.

"Step back darling, I'm going to kick the door down!" He yelled, stepping away from the door to prepare to kick it down.

"O-okay!" She yelled moving to the side of the room near the broken window, away from the door as Kyra ran to the other side of the room.

There was a bang and the door flew off its hinges and landed on the floor, five feet from where it had resided.

Adonis stepped out of the room with a white wife beater on and grey sweatpants. His usual type of style. His hair was wet and two chains that Mabel had gotten for him lay around his neck.

As his gaze landed on Mabel the curtain behind her lit on fire, causing Mabel to squeak pitifully and run into Adonis' arms.

The three stand and stare at the fire as it slowly moves up the wall, making people outside scream and point as they see it through the window.

Footsteps run up the stairs, which Mabel presumes belongs to Alice as she hears her voice let out a string of curses.

"Lun-Mabel! Kyra! Get down these stairs now!" Alice shouted.

Mabel jumped to fulfil the command as Kyra all but ran down the stairs.

Adonis held her in place and instead picked her up and layed her head on his shoulder.

"You don't answer to anyone, you're Luna, they always answer to you." He said strictly before walking down the stairs at a steady pace.

Mabel sighed contently at the feeling of his skin on her bare arms, with her being in her night dress.

She closed her eyes and snuggled further into him.

Little did she know that when her eyelids shut to conceal her beautiful soft eyes, that the fire dimmed and put itself out.

Erupting in smoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...
198K 5.2K 56
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing m...
414K 11.6K 42
Madison Walcott: She's a twenty two year old werewolf with a dark past she'd rather forget. Trying to move on with her life and make the most of it...
240K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...