Double Vexation ( A Harper's...

By nikkihershell

Duel Harper has been exiled from his family due to bad behavior, behavior that could find him as well as his... More

I Should've Come With A Warning Label
Stranger Danger
I Need A Name
Taste Of Rebellion
Right Is Right
Rude Awakening
Don't Form Habits
To Crazy To Care
What Is This
Her Wicked Game
Work In Progress
Sheading My Skin
Allow Me To Introduce Myself
Ashes To Ashes
Family Soiree
Prom Or Prosecute
Family Gatherings
Nothing Is Easy
Life Is Funny
It's Over
Through The Bars
They Made Me Into A Weapon
Lesson Or Blessing
Judgement Day
The Red Phone Call
Better Off Dead
Full Throttle
Operation Spin Cycle
Hollowed Out
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Air And Opportunity
Silver Tongue
USS Baby Doll
Spreading My Wing's
Realizations
In The Shadows
BURNED
No Reason Not To
Outcast
Slicker Than Oil
And So It Begins
Holy Matrimony
Climbing The Ladder
You Know I Love You So
Old Fashioned Mail
Baby Boy
Veins Full Of Gasoline
Wheels Of Change
Under The Same Sky
Answer For An Answer
Healing Or Hurting
Realization Vs Expectations
Making Moves
Clean Hands
It Wasn't Suppose To Go Like This
Special Delivery
Missed Call Log
Delete
Clarity
What They Don't Know
Boiling Point
Distracted Confusion
Circle Of Predicaments
Locked Up Confessions
No One Was Ready For Me
Hidden Trackers
Some Hurts Never Heal
Lost Or Found
No Means Yes, Right?
BLOWED
Let Me Take You Out
Winds Of Change
In the Wolf's Den
Where It Began

Never Going To Get It

1.2K 123 48
By nikkihershell

I could hear the mad click of Chelley's heels as she stormed from the restaurant. Yes, I'm aware that I pissed her off but I had to get her out of here and try to protect my cover. By this time the men had sobered their laughter up and now stared at me with menacing eye's. Not sure if they bought my lie I decided to test the water's. Giving off a shameless smirk I shrugged my shoulders. "Women....more trouble than what they are worth. Am I right?"

" I think we should step out back Raul or should I say Duel Harper? " Talido spoke calmly.

Holding my hands up to profess my innocence I shook my head. "I'm afraid you have it wrong. I just gave that chic a bogus name. You know how women can get clingy especially after you give them the D."

To my disappointment they wasn't buying it. "On your feet now Harper".

I shoved myself up quickly as I tried to come up with a way out of this. The biggest of the three men came up behind me pressing a gun to my back. "Don't make any sudden moves or draw any attention. We are going to walk nice and quietly out that back door". He emphasized by jabbing the gun into my ribs.

I allowed him to push me to the door. The air was stale outside and smelled of garbage from the nearby dumpster. A cat skittered from behind a box that sent the men to jumping. "Fucking hairball". Talido sneered.

" Now what to do with you? Did you think that I wouldn't question this strange and sudden meeting? Come now, don't think so little of me. I'm insulted that you would think that I'd be so stupid or careless. I've done my research on your family. I know all about you young man. You're not too bright are you? " Talido smirked.

"Get on your knees boy. This will be a message to your family not to tread on me". He smiled.

" I'm not getting on my knees for nobody ". I growled.

Talido nodded to the man behind me and instantly my legs were swooped out from under me. I was jerked by my hair from the ground and positioned on my knees. "Don't make this harder on yourself" . He warned.

I gave my classic smartass grin and spoke lazily. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to getting on my knees in the first date. I didn't take you for that type but now that I see those pink polka dots on your socks I get it. It's safe to come out now".

His fist met with my mouth drawing blood. "Get it over with". He commanded.

I felt the gun settle on the back of my head but I refused to show fear. Instead I looked him dead in the eye's and said. "You will cause a war that you can't win. They won't just kill you and your men but your wives and children will be slaughtered too. Nothing of you or your history will exist. You'll all be killed in the most vile of ways. Are you prepared to watch your wife be slit open while you are made to watch?"

" Shut him up". He growled.

I heard the gun click then fall to the ground. The man behind me now laid lifeless with half of his head missing. I laughed. "Seems it's too late for you now. You can run but it won't do you any good".

" I'm getting mighty damn tired of not being invited to your little secret plots fucker". I heard Cole's voice ring out.

Cole stepped into view and shook his head at my predicament. "I told Defucko that I wasn't no babysitter but did he listen?"

Cole paused as the other men drew their guns on him. He gave that crazy laugh and glanced at them. "Really? This is just too fucking easy".

In nearly a blur Cole filled each of his hands with a gun and ended each man there. They didn't even have time to blink. He settled his gaze on me. "You know I use to think your Pape was the dumbest man alive but you proved me wrong. You've got me in this shit now. You was under my watch so I'll catch heat from this little fucker".

" relax uncle Cole". I said standing up and brushing the dirt from me. "Pape doesn't have to know. We can clean this up and never speak about it. I get off the hook and so do you".

I could see Cole thinking it over and he was about to speak when we heard another voice join in. "Don't even think about it numb nut. You both are busted".

Pape stepped into view and tapped his head. "I know everything. I know what you're going to do before you even know what you're going to do".

" Oh, so you're telepathic now, huh. You sound dumber than that dumbass I just saved". Cole snorted.

Pape looked at Cole. "Not now fucktard".

Fixing his stare on me, he approached rapidly. "Will you ever fucking learn? Fuck, I already know that answer. Keeping you alive has been the hardest task I was ever given. Do you know how close you came today? If you can't think about the business at least think of your mother. She's at home right now worried to death. I have no more to say to you. When you can start taking responsibility for your actions only then will I speak to you. Now clean this shit up on your own. Come on numb nut".

I watched as my Pape and Cole left. Running a frustrated hand through my hair I looked at the death before me and begin the process of cleaning it up.

Several day's had went by and Pape was true to his word. He hadn't so much as acknowledged me but it was ok. I'm use to it. However that wasn't bothering me as much as Chelley. The fact that she strode in that evening and practically have me a concussion had me wired. This wasn't the shy, quiet girl I knew but I was about to find her.

Setting out I decided to throw all my boundaries away and busy up in her apartment. Of course I had a key to her place, hell I put her here. Allowing myself in I heard noise coming from the kitchen. "Melon I'm home" . I blurted out as I turned the corner and froze.

Suddenly chaos broke free. There were screams and prayers. "Mom, calm down. It's okay". Chelley tried to calm her parents down.

Yep, seems they were in town for a visit and I just busted up their little dinner. "Why is he here?" Her mother asked in a shaky voice.

" God protect us from this vile being". Her father prayed as he clutched his chest.

"Oh, ummm. My bad. Had I known I would've brought a dish". I chuckled.

Chelley glared at me and walked briskly to me. Clutching my arm she started to pull me away. "Don't you dare leave with him". Her father boomed.

I smirked at him and made a obscene gesture with my tongue. "Stop it". Chelley warned me.

" it's okay. I'm just going to escort him out. He's not here to hurt anyone ". Chelley reassured her parents.

her mother gave me a hard glare. "Tell me you aren't involved with this... This... This monster?" Her mother wailed.

" No mother. This is just a misunderstanding. Now let me handle this please". Chelley said with growing irritation.

With that she pulled me roughly behind her until we was out in the hall by her door. "Just what I'm the hell are you doing here?" She blared.

" don't turn this on me. You've got some explaining to do. The other day, what you did... You nearly got me killed. Not to mention put yourself in danger". I growled.

To my astonishment she laughed, a deep belly laugh. "Oh, my bad. I'm just sorry the bullet missed you. Let me know next time so I can offer them help. I promise I couldn't miss if my eye's were glued shut". She nearly screamed.

" What the hell happened to you Chell? " I asked in a high pitch tone.

"Oh, what's wrong. You don't like it. Wait, let me guess, you liked it better when I feared you right? Well guess what Duel Harper... You can't scare me anymore" . She said jabbing her finger into my chest.

I decided to test her claim. Towering over her I leaned down in her face as my dark eye's penetrated her soul. "I could kill you in a split second melon".

Meeting my glare she spoke in a raspy almost sexy voice. "And I can kill you too".

Her next moved floored me. Her lips collided with mine in a soul searing kiss. This was just like the kiss we shared all of those year's ago in the cleaning closet accept it was deeper, stronger. Her hands mused my hair as my roamed her back. "Fuck Melon". I caught myself moaning.

" So many memories of how good we was are flooding me". I whispered as we still kissed.

She smiled against my lips. "I'm going to give you a new memory of us Duel". She whispered back.

" oh yea". I asked softly and groaned as she nibbled my lil then nipped me with her teeth on my chin.

"Yea baby. A memory of what you had, of what you lost and what you will never get again". She said in a hiss.

It was if someone splashed me with cold water. Chelley pulled away from me and opened her door. She held her hand up as if to make a gun and blew pretend smoke from her finger. "Bang bang baby" . She said as the door shut and locked.

She was right.... She could kill me.

Will Duel every learn?

Is Dem doing the right thing by shunning Duel?

How do you think Chelly's parents will react at thinking Duel is back in her life?

How do you think Duel feels about this new Chelley?

Was Chelley too harsh with Duel?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 29K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.7M 151K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.1M 14.6K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
454K 24.9K 17
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...