Don't Form Habits

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the slow update but time's have been a bit stressful as I'm still working and currently home schooling my kid's!! Send wine...Lots of wine!

I hope each of and your families are safe and healthy! Sending you all a prayer no matter what corner of the world you're hunkered down in! Love ya💓

Now let me hear your thoughts on this book so far?!?! I'd love to hear what you think of Duel and who you hope he ends of with!! I already have a few rooting for Zoe and some for Chelly!!

Do you think Chelly is just too nice and innocent for Duel?

Will Duel be able to stay out of trouble and will Demarco be forced to remove him from the family??

Love to hear your thoughts!!

Buzz, buzz, buzzz.

My eye's slowly popped open as the sound of my phone vibrating woke me up. I was sitting at my desk in my bedroom originally studying for the upcoming exams. Obviously I dozed off with my head buried in the book. Lifting my head from the book I saw a damp spot on the opened page. Swiping my hand over my mouth to remove any remaining drool, I picked my phone up and saw an unfamiliar number.

"Hello". I answered in a voice mixed with sleep and uncertainty at who may be on the other end.

" What up melon? "

You can say that I was wide awake now at hearing Duel's voice. "I'm about five minutes from your house. Hope your old man is home?"

" No". I shrieked as I caught my appearance in the mirror above my desk.

"You can't just pop in unannounced. I have to okay visitors with my parent's first" . I said in a near panic attack.

"Too bad, so sad. I'll be there in a few". Duel said as he disconnected.

Glancing at the time my heart beat even faster. It was only ten in the morning. Since it was Saturday my mom would be busy in the kitchen making lunch and getting a head start on her Sunday baking while my dad would be preparing to meet the men of the church for their routine round of Saturday golf. Oh my dad wasn't going to like this at all. Jumping out of my oversized t-shirt gown, I slid on a pair of jean shorts and a old concert tee. Not that I'd ever been to a real concert but I'm a collector of old eighty band shirts. The one I just tossed on represented Guns N Roses.

After raking a brush through my hair I flew downstairs. Thankfully both of my parent's were in the kitchen together. "Dad, I need to ask you something and quick".

Dad looked over at me. "Okay".

But before I could explain the unexpected visitor the doorbell rang out and too me it seemed to ring in slow motion and sound like doom. "Hold that thought" . My dad said as he went to answer it.

Following behind on my dad's heels I watched in horror as he opened the door. "Can I help you?"

" Hi. I'm here to see Chelly". Duel said with his mouth in a crooked grin.

"I'm sorry but I haven't been told of any company today. Chelly hasn't informed me".

" Sorry dad. It was spur of the moment ". I piqued up.

My dad glanced at me and thin said. "Make it a quick one. This is a busy morning for us".

Duel was allowed entrance and I inwardly groaned at his attire. My dad surely wouldn't like this. Duel had on holey jeans paired with a untucked shirt. His wavy hair seemed a bit wind blown but I thought it only added to his sexiness. "What's your name son?"