What The Heart Wants (BWWM)

By ElleSpeares

Justin and Skylar are two confused young people, too afraid to let love happen. They have big dreams and lots... More

Author's Note
One: New beginnings
Three: Denial
Four: The gatecrashers
Five: The house party
Six: The loser
Seven: Rich boys and their emotions
Eight: Broke girls and their wishes
Nine: Nothing's as it seems
Ten: This thing called coincidence
Eleven: The closed book
Twelve: "Yeah, walk away. Save yourself"
Thirteen: Damaged hearts and childish therapy
Fourteen: Friends?
Fifteen: Cupid's mess
Sixteen: Friends
Seventeen: "You're a bad ass bitch and deserve better"
Eighteen: The art gallery
Nineteen: What the heart wants
Twenty: Trying to be good enough
Twenty One: First dates
Twenty Two: Romeo
Twenty Three: The (overprotective, inquisitive) "cool" mom
Twenty Four: When the temperature rises
Twenty Five: Picture perfect moments
Twenty Six: Messed up perfection
Twenty Seven: Happy memories to heal troubled souls
Twenty Eight: Bad boy, Bieber
Twenty Nine: Because words cut the deepest
Thirty: The broken bad boy
Thirty One: Tattoos
Thirty Two: What happiness is
Thirty Three: Stitching things up
Thirty Four: Sweet revenge
Thirty Five: The get together
Wattys2015
Thirty Six: Two half hearts make one
Thirty Seven: Guilt
Thirty Eight: Family
Thirty Nine: Rebellion
Forty: Decisions and the problem with love
Forty One: Boyfriend
Forty Two: "Don't overthink it"
Forty Three: Beautiful simplicity
Forty Four: Play no games
Forty Five: In the '50s
Forty Six: Under the night sky
Forty Seven: Mustang
Forty Eight: Conflict
Forty Nine: Out of work
Fifty: In his arms
Fifty One: PYD
Fifty Two: Awkward
Fifty Three: The song book
Fifty Four: Close call
Fifty Five: "I want to help you"
Fifty Six: Bicycles
Fifty Seven: Fun and games
Fifty Eight: What nobody gets
Fifty Nine: Dinner
Sixty: Negotiation
Sixty One: Shopping
Sixty Two: Happy birthday
Sixty three: Dear Skylar...
Sixty four: This is the end
Sixty Five: "I hate my life"
Sixty Six: "What choice do I have?"
Sixty Seven: Fixing what's broken
Sixty Eight: "I'm your fairy godmother, that's who I am"
Sixty Nine: Damage control
Seventy: "This is for us"
Seventy One: Emptiness
Seventy Two: Pain
10 Facts about me
Seventy Three: Clubbing
Seventy Four: Surprise
Seventy Five: 'Do what you love/ follow your heart'
Seventy Six: The last hangout
Seventy Seven: Confrontation
Seventy Eight: 'A burnt child is afraid of fire'
Seventy Nine: Departure

Two: Hidden attraction

10.4K 476 65
By ElleSpeares

×× Skylar ××

Skylar made her way to the campus library after saying goodbye to Romeo who had to leave suddenly since she'd just remembered she had to pick up her little sister from school.

Skylar had her earphones in and she walked as she inwardly rapped along to Drake, thinking about how her arms would be swaying all over the place and her head bobbing to the beat if she wasn't in public. She wasn't much of a dancer but she did feel like getting down from time to time when a good song came on.

Once she reached the library, she took her earphones out and put her phone in her pocket. She found an empty table and placed her bag on it to book it for herself as she went to find the right books to study.

Skylar hadn't been in a library in a while so she almost forgot how quite libraries tended to be. Apart from the humming of the computers in the room, the occasional cough and sneeze from someone and the sound of book pages being turned, the place was dead silent. Skylar hated silence. She would've put her earphones back in her ears to blast some music but the last thing she needed was to start imagining turning up and being distracted from the pile of work she had to catch up on.

When she walked back to the table she'd booked, someone was seated there with his books out and laptop open. The brown hair and navy blue blazer from earlier on...

Skylar dropped her books behind Justin Bieber as her mind and body failed to work as one. 'That's your table, you got there first! Sit down!', her head said. 'Run!', her legs said.

Justin turned around in surprise. He'd seen the bag on the table but he figured that the table would be big enough to seat him and whoever else. Besides, all the other tables were crowded and he liked his space from time to time.

He hadn't expected to bump into the cute big haired girl. She really was a clutz, he thought. Maybe he intimidated her.

"S-Sorry." Skylar stuttered an apology to everyone she'd disturbed and kneeled down to pick up her books.

Justin got off his chair to help Skylar pick up the books she'd dropped.

He couldn't help but smile to himself because he honestly found it amusing that this girl was so clumsy.

It was so embarrassing to Skylar that her hands were shaking. Why was she so worked up about a boy... with silky soft hair and beautiful brown eyes, who smelled so good and had the smile of a Greek god, she wondered.

"You okay?" Justin whispered, placing some of Skylar's books on the table.

She nodded her head and tried to wet her dry mouth with saliva. She placed her other books on the table and contemplated sitting down. How would she study? How would she function with him there? This was the second time she'd seen him and she'd been clumsy on both occasions.

"Thanks." Skylar whispered and sat down.

She got there first, she thought.

Justin took his seat again and glanced at the girl as she dug through her bag to distract herself.

"I wasn't aware that this was your table." He said, "All the others seem crowded so..."

Skylar was expecting an apology from Justin but since it didn't come, she just nodded her head once.

"It's fine." She said and put on a small smile.

She got her glasses out and put them on, then her notepad out of her bag as well as her black and white pencil case then she exhaled and opened the first book she'd found.

Justin kept glancing at her, taking in her features that stood out so beautifully even under that big crown of hair and behind those thick glasses. He'd never really been attracted to a girl like this before, but there was something about her that Justin liked. He even liked that she was clumsy.

Skylar bit her lip as she tried to focus on what she was doing. She noticed Justin looking at her and she decided that he was more of a distraction than Drake would've been, even if she ended up getting hype while collecting information.

"Fashion student." Justin said, noticing the books in front of Skylar.

He'd expected her to be studying something other than fashion. For some reason, he couldn't quite imagine Skylar in the fashion industry. Usually the fashion students were over the top with their fashion senses and here this girl was, casually dressed and cute with her glasses on.

Skylar looked at Justin briefly, too intimidated by his beauty to even dare look into his eyes.

"Yup." She said, not wanting to be rude.

Well, he was being rude by talking in the library, she thought. But Skylar never could fight fire with fire.

"You're new, right?" Justin asked after a moment.

"Is it obvious? Written on my forehead or something?"

He smiled, "Sort of. Only two types of people spend their afternoons in the library: the desperate kids and the nerds. And you're pretty clumsy so it's obvious that you're nervous a lot."

Skylar parted her lips to speak but, again, her brain and body weren't one: her lips were ready with a smart comeback but her brain was making her notice his beautiful features, like his plump lips that were curved into a small smile.

"Which one are you?" She decided to ask him.

"Uhm... in between. Desperate for good grades, a nerd for books on architecture and photography."

"Architecture?" Skylar furrowed her eyebrows.

But Romeo said...

"You know? Buildings?" Justin waved his hands in the air slowly as he spoke.

Didn't he look like the type to enjoy architecture and photography? Skylar had judged Justin on his studies just as he'd judged her.

"I know what architecture is." Skylar rolled her eyes, quite annoyed that Justin had taken her for a dummy a moment ago. "I'm just..."

He waited.

"Never mind." She dismissed and tried to read her book.

Justin smiled. He'd worked this girl up and even when grumpy, she still looked attractive.

"What's your name?" He decided to ask.

Skylar glanced up at Justin and shook her head.

"You gonna let me study or nah?" She asked.

She hadn't even gotten one sentence into her head because of all the small talk and she really needed to get a move on with her research if she wanted good grades at the end of the semester.

"After you tell me your name." Justin said.

"Skylar Miller." She said then went back to reading.

"Skylar. Nice name." Justin said. "I'm Justin Bieber." He smiled.

She knew that, she thought. She knew a little about him from what Romeo had told her but none of that information made sense to her anymore because it was as if Romeo was on about someone totally different.

"Nice to meet you." She said.

Justin smiled to himself before focusing on his architecture book and that allowed Skylar time to get a few notes down from her own book.

The two sat together in silence, glancing at each other every so often, losing themselves in little thoughts they had about each other. Skylar noticed some of Justin's tattoos and wondered what they represented. If his dad was as strict as Romeo said, she wondered how he reacted when Justin came home with his arms inked. And Justin thought about how weird it was that Skylar had only just started university. Where was she from?

Skylar realised that she had to head home to return her mother's car. If she was late, Angela would go nuts about it and probably lecture her about how bad she was at keeping track of time. She packed up what was hers and decided she'd borrow a book or two from the library.

"You off already?" Justin asked as he watched Skylar put away her reading glasses.

"Yeah. Need to return my mom's ride." She managed a smile.

He didn't say anything else to her because he didn't know what to say. The last thing he wanted was to look soft and as if he was into her, which he was.

Skylar took it as her cue to leave.

"Bye." She said.

She went to sign some books out of the library then left for the parking lot so she could drive home.

That was weird, Skylar thought as she drove. Maybe he only spoke to her because they sat at the same table. He had a nice smile though...

Architecture? Maybe that was his family business, Skylar decided. None of her business. He was still out of her league, she thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 204 15
For the girls who understand the saying "the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice." Enjoy my loves.
Mute. By 5500

Fanfiction

831K 38.8K 49
COMPLETED in which a mute boy finds himself infatuated with a black girl ----[ interracial ] [ lowercase intended ]--- #1 in #justinbieberfanfiction...
166K 2.4K 60
Justin Bieber Interracial Imagines
59.2K 2.2K 26
JUSTIN BIEBER. Bad boy and pop star who every woman obsesses over. Everyone but her. But the more she pushes him away, the more he works to prove he...