Two Sides of Light

By Kitkatgilmoregirl

This is a story based off of the Seven Deadly Sins and Ever After High. Neither are owned by me. Meliodas is... More

#1 Meliodas: The "Villian"
#2 Elizabeth: The "Hero"
#3 Shattered Fantasies
#4 A Blank Page
#5 Searching
#6 Where Do You Get That Smile?
#7 Mother
#8 New Students
#9 Study
#10 Detention.
#11 Back Off
#12 Why?
#13 Watch Out!
#14 Building Respect
#15 Gym
#16 Tournament
#17 I'm So Sorry.
#18 Book Of Fate
#19 Making Amends.
#20 Picnic
#21 I'm Used To It
#22 Found Ya!
#23 Meet Me.
#24 New Teacher
#25 Going On A Trip
#26 Drive.
#27 Check In
#28 Pool.
#29 Marks
#30 Drunk Mall Visit.
#31 I Need To Tell You Something.
#32 Leaving Alone
#33 Cooking
#34 Change Of Heart
#35 Torn Between How I Want to Feel And How I Do Feel.
#36 Thoughts.
#37 Shopping! (Sober This Time)
#38 Elizabeth? What Are You Doing Here?
#40 Biology
#41 What're You Hiding?
#42 Setting Up!
#43 Outfits!
#44 Prom Is Finally Here!
#45 Something's Different
#46 Somethings Different: The Other Half.
#47 I Need To Talk To You.
#48 Rumors
#49 Change of Tune
#50 Magic Training!
#51 Stories Told.
#52 Unpleasant Memories.
#53 Visit.
#54 Potions!
#55 Going Back to Where Hatred Began.
#56 Get Her Back.
#57 Enchant.
#58 Spell's Like Trouble!
#59 The Fairy King's Forest.
#60 My fault.
#61 Split Up.
#62 Old Friends.
#63 Travels.
#64 Travels (Other Half)
#65 Changing.
#66 Change In Plans
#67 Burn.
#68 Reunion
#69 Separated Once More
#70 Confessions
#71 Waking Up.
#72 Game
#73 Finally Out.
#74 Back Home.
#75 Recap.
#76 Spirit Training
#77 Before
#78 Dinner Party
#79 Dinner Pary (Other Side)
#80 Answered Questions.
#81 Gift.
#82 A Shattered Will.
#83 Let Out.
#84 One Week.
#85 Burn.
#86 Blinding Fury.
#87 Faded.
#88 Memories.
#89 New House Guest
#90 Being Social.
#91 Reveal.
#92 Planning.
#93 Choices
#94 Words of Hurt.
#95 Prepare.
#96 Food Break.
#97 Levels.
#98 Attack.

#39 Prom Planning.

184 22 59
By Kitkatgilmoregirl

"Okay, so Diane's working on my dress, I already know who I'm going with since I don't have an interest in a date, now all I need to do is keep studying so I can go!"

"Elaine, you know you might not be able to go... You're very smart, but that's a lot of work to get done before the prom. I just don't want you to make all of these plans only for it to fall through.."

"I know brother, but I can do it! Meliodas's tutoring from before really paid off and I know the basic material, it's just about expanding on it."

King tensed at that, he didn't make Elaine avoid Meliodas anymore, but things were still tense between the two after the picnic. From what Elaine could see, her brother avoided the demon because he was too prideful to apologize even though she knew he felt bad about what he said, and Meliodas was too shy and timid to actually confront King about it.

So in the end nothing got resolved and the last interaction remained an open wound that made both boys tense when hearing. Something that made Elaine's life even harder considering that her brother and one of her closest friends- both of which who were quite similar at heart might she add- couldn't even be mentioned around the other since it made things harder.

Men, why couldn’t they just stop with this stupid pride and get over this??

"Besides, even if I don't make it to the prom, studying is still gonna help me catch up so I can go next year. Right?"

"I suppose that's true, just don't overdo it okay?"

She smiled, something that always made the tough guy exterior King had fade away as it reminded him of when they were younger.

"I won't, promise brother."

"Alright, well I'm gonna go get some lunch with Diane. We should be back in maybe an hour or two. Do you want anything?"

"No I'm fine. Just don't do anything crazy you two~"

"E-Elaine!"

She snickered as he immediately blushed. The girl loved seeing him act so silly and bashful which is why she teased him so much.

Muttering under his breath about how she's spent too much time in high school, he left with a quick goodbye before leaving the blond to her studies.

You may be wondering why exactly her going to prom depended on the studies so much or how she was able to go at all, but it was quite simple. In order to encourage studying and discipline slacking, a few freshmen were allowed to attend the sophomore prom since not all sophomores went and it meant supplies wouldn't be wasted. However there was a catch, only the freshmen with the best grades got to go. That's why kids that normally slacked, would be working like crazy to get to go to one of the most popular events at school.

Including her, only she hadn't been a slacker, just someone very behind until Meliodas had come along.

Even though he was shy, didn't think too highly of himself,  and always getting disciplined by the teachers, he was very smart and an excellent teacher. He was patient, kind, and always went at a pace Elaine was comfortable with. Even if they had gone over it three times before!

That's why when she first started here she felt more at ease with him then with the teachers. And the girl was lucky for it since that's the reason she caught up as fast as she did. Otherwise she might had to have repeated the year.

He really was a lifesaver, something pretty ironic considering...

Letting her mind drift off, she began wondering how he was doing. He seemed a little off towards the end of the mall trip but overall looked like he enjoyed himself. Maybe he was just tired? Then why did he insist on walking home? Had they upset him? Or maybe there was something on his mind? Oh well, she'd see him at school tomorrow and until then, Elaine needed to finish studying. After all, there was only four weeks left until prom.
_________________________________________

"Really? You went shopping on a Saturday! I have a hard time picturing that! You hate crowds!"

"Hehe.. yeah, I do.. but believe it or not I.. actually had a lot of fun. It's the first time I've hung out with Diane and Elaine in awhile and they were really nice. Not to mention we ran into Elizabeth and she even joined us towards the end."

"Wow, I can't imagine little miss princess shopping at the mall."

"She's actually really nice Ban, it's just that she has a lot of rules she has to follow."

"Yeah well I still don't like how okay she is with the whole signing thing. Besides, even if that's true she doesn't have to follow them to the point of being so fake."

"I thought you liked her? You were fine with her when she would sit with us to eat."

"Yeah because you wanted her there. Not to mention we didn't just eat lunch with her, we also had a million of her friends crowding us too. Some would even throw food at you! Man that pissed me off.."

Meliodas chuckled, mainly because he had forgotten how protective Ban was. If he was being honest, he kind of missed it.

"Well maybe you didn't get to know her well enough, when you come to visit again we should all go out to lunch. You, me, Diane, Elaine, and Elizabeth! I think you and Elaine would get along really well."

"I've met her remember? We talked a little."

"Yeah but she was just a friend of a friend, I would like it if we were all friends together!"

Ban smiled, something the demon missed dearly.

"Ya know, I missed that kind of innocent optimism you have. I still don't know how you manage to keep it in this crazy world, but it's so refreshing compared to this dump."

"What do you mean? Do you not like it there."

"Just forget I said anything, I didn't mean to worry ya."

"No, Ban... what's it like there? You've kept the camera pretty focused on you the whole time, what aren't you wanting to show me?"

"It's... It's nothing."

"Ban, please show me."

The teen sighed and turned the camera to show dark skies filled with smoke and a dark town that looked a little run down.

"Ban... that's where you live? It looks so terrible! Why didn't you tell me?"

He rubbed the back of his neck as a nervous tick.

"Cause I knew ya would worry. Listen, don't worry about me. I've lived in worse and Zhivago's been taking pretty good care of me. Besides, it's only for another three months until the case gets settled to see where I end up."

"I still don't understand why they are doing all of this and making you move when they usually don't let people leave the school once their fate is decided."

"Yeah well if it were someone like you or Elizabeth it would be one thing, but my fate isn't something that would change much. Based on what the book says, I'm supposed to die serving you, sure it sucks for me, but it doesn't affect any actual events."

Meliodas's eyes looked sad at that, looking down and away from Ban as he no doubt felt guilty for something that really wasn't his fault.

"Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to bring the mood down. Besides, in a way ya saved my life. You aren't signing so if you don't sign, you don't turn evil, and I don't get killed by the queen. Yay! Everybody wins."

The blond smiled at his friend trying to cheer him up. Even though that response wasn't just caused by him..

"Y-Yeah, thanks Ban. I still don't like that you're in such a run down place though. Promise me you'll be safe okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I will. Promise.."

"Okay, well I hate to do this but I have to study for a test on Tuesday so I have to go, call me anytime okay! I'll always answer if you need me."

"Yeah I know, you're a good friend. Alright, talk to you later, let me know if Cusack is giving you any double kay?"

Meliodas chuckled. "Okay, I will."

"Bye."

"Bye!"

The call ended as the screen turned black, revealing a sad Meliodas looking back as he put away his phone and studying supplies. In truth, he had finished studying several hours ago, however with the voice getting louder and nervousness as visiting day to see him was getting sooner, he didn't want to keep talking and have Ban start to worry about him. It was clear the teen already had enough on his plate. Besides, no one, absolutely no one knew about visiting day other then the principle. And the blond intended to keep it that way.

Signing as he got ready for bed that night, the blond found himself drifting off with his nervousness there as usual. Awaiting the nightmares Meliodas knew he'd have, he just prayed that they wouldn't be as bad as last time and fell asleep. Knowing already he was wrong.

Hope you like! Write in a rush without editing so apologies for any spelling errors!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.3K 25
When Elizabeth and her older brother set out on a journey to find the seven deadly sins and ask for their help in saving the kingdom of Liones they m...
4.1K 271 30
In the Beginning, Chaos created The Goddess, Demons, Fairies and Giants. All was good in the land until Chaos created the humans, the race closest to...
7.4K 160 12
A small, blonde child, who wants nothing more than to live his life happily, is forced through trials and hardship to achieve his desire. A lover cur...
115K 3K 67
(Y/n), (L/n) is a powerful warrior in the demon clan, she's also the second leader of the ten commandments and the wife of the Demon King's oldest so...