「The Butterfly that always Sm...

By AstraeaSoul

(Y/n) Kocho is the remaining survivor of the Kocho clan massacre, also known as the Butterfly Clan. They're k... More

Meet (Y/n) Kocho
「1」 Meeting Naruto in the Hidden Leaf Village
「2」 The Academy
「3」Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?
「4」 Pass or Fail: Survival Test
「5」 Dangerous mission to the land of waves
「6」 The Assassin of the Mist
「7」 The Forest of Chakra
「8」 Battle on the Bridge (Part 1)
Little Spoilers!
「9」Battle on the Bridge (Part 2)
「10」Meeting the Sand Siblings
「11」Genin Takedown: All Ten Rookies Face off!
「12」The Written Test
「14」 Battle with Orochimaru
💫Night Breathing Techniques💫
「15」 Curse Mark
「16」My Own Technique
✿ 100k Reads Special! ✿
「17」 Preliminary Rounds
「18」 Kakashi vs Orochimaru: Lions Barrage
「19」The Rivals get Serious!
🎉 Its my Birthday! 🎉
「 Hashira Meeting」
「20」A Shaky Shikamaru with a wave of Water

「13」The Forest of Death

7.4K 286 282
By AstraeaSoul

✿.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.✿

「The Forest of Death」

♡13♡

✿.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.✿

(Y/n)'s Pov:

We all stared at Anko-Sensei with a dumbfounded look. This lady is already a bit strange to me. With a Naruto-like vibe.

"You're early again." Ibiki-Sensei noted, peeking out from the cloth, making Anko-Sensei blush in embarrassment.

"How many are there? Ibiki-Sensei, you let all these guys were pass? Your test was too easy. You must be getting soft." Anko-Sensei rolled her eyes at him.

"Or it could be a stronger crop of candidates this year." Ibiki-Sensei said.

"Hm. They sure don't look it. Trust me, before I'm done with them, more than half will be eliminated." Anko-Sensei said with a smirk.

"All right, you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are going to be different starting first thing in the morning. I'll let your squad leaders know where you're to meet me. Dismissed." She explained.

»»————> ✿ <————««

The Next Morning

»»————> ✿ <————««

The next morning occured quicker than I thought, as we all headed to where we were supposed to meet, which was a place that was taking place outside this time.

We arrive to see a giant Forest, with locked gates in front of us.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th Battle Training Zone. But we call it the Forest of Death." Anko-Sensei said.

My eyes widen a bit, I recognize that name, this is the place that Shinobu-Nee would go to train for dangerous missions. Wow, is it really that dangerous for people to die in? I'd feel bad for those who will die in here. 

Suddenly, I hear a faint sound of rustling coming from below me. I down to my left, to see a box of square rocks. Oh, it's Konohamaru and his friends again. What are they even doing here?

He starts to follow Naruto around, as he runs around. Naruto then stops, and looks at the disguise one last time. "That's the worst disguise yet. There's no such thing as square rocks. It's completely obvious!" Naruto yelled, pointing down at him.

I sweat dropped, if you realized it already, then you wouldn't have to run around to see if it was fake...

"You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick, Boss." I heard Konohamaru say, as the box flashes with light and colored gun powder. A poof came out, with Konohamaru and his friends coughing.

Konohamaru and his friends said that they are here for a article newspaper for the chunin exams. So, they're basically just interviewing us?

"All right, we're taking a 10-minute break. For those that are scheduled to be interviewed, please be courteous and respectful to the reporters from the academy newspaper." Anko-Sensei announced.

Okay, Konohamaru's squad started to Interview Naruto first. We hardly heard him, but he was just talking about himself being better and us being... The opposite. But he did say that I was definitely better than Sasuke, to which I can't help but giggle a bit.

Next was Moegi and Sakura. Sakura tells her about what Naruto does and his usual jutsus. Shadow clone jutsus, his sexy jutsus, and his harem jutsu. Now that I think about it, what even is a harem jutsu...?

I can hear Sakura fangirling by talking about Sasuke, and surprising me as well. Wow, I sorta didn't expect that.

Now, Udon went to go interview Sasuke, to which he hardly said anything because of Naruto barging in. Man, If these two keep doing this, I'll lock them in a room together.

I don't exactly like being interviewed in general. I sometimes don't know what to say when I'm under pressure...

"All right. Times up. Time to start the second phase!" I heard Anko-Sensei.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

We were all standing outside the gate of the forest, watching some giant creatures roaming around.

"Theres something kind of creepy about this place." Sakura said.

"This place is called the forest of death, you'll soon realize why." Anko-Sensei said with a smirk.

Naruto huffed, "'The forest of death, you'll soon realize why.'" Naruto mocked, shaking his butt. What weirdo...

"That kind of threat won't work on me one bit! I'm not scared!" Naruto said confidently.

Anko-Sensei tilted her head with a smile on her face. "Really? You've got a lot of energy." She then took a kunai out and threw at Naruto, resulting a cut on his cheek.

Anko-Sensei then appears behind Naruto. "A kid like you dies at very beginning, dappled with the red blood I like." She said, before turning her sharp gaze behind her and holding out another kunai.

I see a tall grass ninja, with a long fricking tongue, holding her kunai. "I was, just returning your kunai knife." She said, still holding the kunai with her tongue.

That tongue, that look in her eyes, and that weird smell... All of that can lead to one person I can never stand. It's all coming back, Kabuto's smell was bad enough, but this grass ninja is way more off.

It has to be him! There's no other ninja that has a long tongue as his. I surely am positive it is him, but I need to be careful, especially around my team, since they don't know about...

Orochimaru.

I gritted my teeth even more, what the hell is he back for? Is he here for me? Naruto? Sasuke? It is possible he is here for us. More specifically dealing with us. Tch, never mind that for now. Right now, I need to focus on the exam, then I'll deal with him.

I look back to what Anko-Sensei was saying. "Well, before we begin the second exam, I have to pass this out to you! It's a consent form." She said, as she brought out some paper forms.

"Before you can take part in this test you have to sign this. From here on out, corpses are going to come out, I have to get your consent to that! Or it'll be my responsibility." Anko-Sensei laughed. Wow, these instructors don't show a sign of mercy.

"Well, I'm going to start the explanation for the second exam. In a word, the limits of your survival will be challenged. First, I'll give you step-by-step instruction on the terrain of this training field. Training field number 44 is surrounded by 44 locked entrance gates, there are rivers and a forest and a tower in the middle. It's about 10 kilometers from the towers to the gate. In this confined area, you will go through a certain survival program."

"The contents of which are: An anything goes scroll battle! I want you to fight for two scrolls, the heaven scroll and the earth scroll." Anko-Sensei explained.

"All together, 26 teams got through the first test. Half of those teams... 13 teams get the heaven scroll, the other half get the earth scroll. I'll hand over one scroll to each team. To put it simply, that's what you're vying for." Anko-Sensei stated.

I see. So for what we do to any of the ninja here, doesn't matter, as long as we get the scroll we need, and get to the tower, we'll be fine.

"Okay. And what are the conditions to pass?" Sasuke asked.

"Three of you bring both the heaven and earth scrolls to the tower in the center." Anko-Sensei answers.

"That means that of the 13 teams, half of them will fail for sure." Sakura said.

"No one said that it'll be easy. Oh, and one more thing. The test has a time limit, you must finish it within five days." She said.

"Five days out there?!" Ino yelled in disbelif. "What do we do about food?!" Choji shouted.

"Just look around. The forest has plenty of things to eat. There's plenty to feed all of you."

"Yeah but, that's not all the forest has in there. There are man-eating beasts, and poisonous plants in there." Kabuto noted. Ohh, I can't totally you're those poisonous plants on demons and other things.

"Aww man!" Choji whined. "Quiet down! This is why it's called survival." Ino scolded.

"So that means, we'll be completely surrounded by enemies. We will barely have time to rest at all, so we gotta keep a constant watch for enemies around." I said, thinking about it.

"Right. This test also measures in endurance behind enemy lines. This is designed to be a grueling test, and I'm sure some of you won't be up to the challenge." Anko-Sensei stated.

"So, um, let's say mid-exam. Can we quit?" Shikamaru asked, while raising his arm.

"Of course not. In a middle of a battle, you can't say "Sorry, I quit.", I guess you could, but it's probably gonna get you killed later." She said.

"There are also some ways you can get disqualified. Number 1, if all three or possibly four members of the team can't make it to the tower, without both heaven or earth scrolls within five days. Number 2, if a team loses a member, or if a member becomes incapacitated and cannot continue. But most importantly, none of you, absolutely none of you, look at the contents of the scrolls until you reached the tower." Anko-Sensei explained.

"W-What if it happens to flap open and you read it?" Naruto questioned. "Let me put it this way, young man. You. Don't. Want. To. Know." She said, gritting her teeth through her smile.

"There are times when a chunin must deal with super-secret files, This is to test your reliability. That's all for explanation. I'll exchange your three consent forms for the scrolls in the hut over there. After that, pick your entrance, and all the gates will open simultaneously!" She explained.

Anko-Sensei sighed, "Oh, one word of advice. Just don't die!"

Ara Ara. Now this is getting me more worked up. I look at the consent form, while looking around at everyone around me. So if we take either scroll, one of is must carefully keep it at all times. But, since Orochimaru is here, he will definitely be targeting us, and take our scroll. I should make some substitution scrolls.

I get up, and quickly ran far away to the trees, I unsheathed my katana, and sliced the tree down. I sliced some small log sizes, and used the substitution jutsu on them. Okay, I made two of each type because I don't know which scroll we're having
But, we'll be okay for now.

I quickly jumped back to where everyone else was, and stayed by myself behind a big rock.

I heard small front footsteps coming, so I look to my left to see Gaara and his team coming towards me. "Hello, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro." I greeted.

Temari and Kankuro waved at me, with Gaara saying nothing. "Can I help you guys?" I questioned, feeling a bit cautious.

"... Hold out your arm." Gaara said, making me raise a brow. I slowly held out my arm, making him garb it, and sand started to surround my forearm.

Gaara's team panicked a bit, but I gave them a reassuring smile, telling them it was fine. I look down to my forearm to see some sort of sand bracelet.

"What's this?" I asked. "It's a heart rate monitor bracelet. I will be able to tell if you're in trouble, or in pain." He said, making me surprised a bit.

"Thanks, but, why would you give me this. I'll be fine." I reassured him. Gaara stared at me a bit longer, before looking down. "I did it because we're friends, right?"

My heart beats a bit faster from that, awww, he actually considered us as friends. He's adorable. ≧﹏≦

"Yeah. We are. I hope you'll be okay in there." I said, patting his head.

He nodded his head and walked away with his team.

How am I gonna protect my team from Orochimaru?

(2nd Pov)

Sakura was walking around, looking at the consent form, before she heard a voice.

"Well, Well, Well, if it isn't the little future failure. What's up, billboard brow? I thought you went home long ago, I never imagined you were still here." Ino insulted.

Sakura smirked, "So sad. You're jealous that I'm spending five days with Sasuke. And it's clearly turning you into someone very petty and ugly. And you're already ugly." Sakura laughed.

The two started glaring daggers, before yelling Ugly and Billboard to each other repeatedly.

"Enough! Give it up, Sakura. You and I both know you're too weak to pass this test!" Ino yelled.

Before could even say anything back, she thought of what you said to her.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

'I want you three to be my Tsuguko's, because I see great potential in you all. Sakura, you control your chakra greatly, so you'll make a great tsuguko.'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Oh yeah? Well, (Y/n) saw great potential in me, so she trained me for the past days for this exam. This cape represents that I'm her successor, and I will pass this test for her, to prove that I'm strong!" Sakura yelled back, gripping on her tsuguko cape.

They glared daggers at each other again, before walking away from each other.

(Back to you)

"All right, everyone. We're gonna start hand in out scrolls." A chunin announced, getting everyone to stand up.

You stand up, as you and your team started to head to the hut, and give in the consent forms. A chunin handed you all a heaven scroll. You told your team that it was best for you to hang onto the scroll, to which they agreed.

Minutes later.

"Listen up! All the teams have received their scrolls. So everybody go to your gate and wait there. When the gates open, the test is on!" Anko announced.

You and your team headed to your gate, which was gate number 16.

You all stared at it, waiting for it to open. Naruto started punching the air, "Believe it! I dare you to bring it on, ninja! I'll just send it right back, twice as hard!"

You looked at Naruto in amusement, before taking out the fox-like mask you got from Urokodaki. And placed it on your face.

"Woah, why are you wearing that mask, (Y/n)?" Sakura asked, looking at you.

You turned to face her, "It's something I got from a friend of mine, whose also one of my masters. This test reminds me of the swordsman exams, so I wanna wear it again for memories." You said.

You guys waited about thirty minutes until Anko started to make an announcement. "Alright. Heads up you maggots. The second phase of the test has began!"

The gates open, as your team immediately sprinted into the forest. You all started to jump on the trees, but you were definitely far ahead, when it comes to jumping on trees, you can't help but go very fast.

You all landed on the ground, hearing a loud faint scream from a ninja from a different team. 'Seems like those people over there are gonna be dead soon...'

"I do not like this place..." Sakura said in a nervous tone.

"Oh, come on. It's nothing to be scared of. It's gonna be a piece of cake." Naruto reassured.

"I say this whole test is supposed to make us feel nervous or scared, to at least put some pressure on us, since we do not know what is in the forest. You guys remember what I said when I teached you all your breathing techniques." You said, making them nod.

A moment of silence, then Naruto started to move away. E-Excuse me a second. I gotta pee." Naruto went to a nearby bush.

Sakura then hit his head, "you fool! What are you doing in front of two ladies?! Go to the grass!" She scolded.

A minute later, Naruto comes back.

"Ahh, that was a lot! I'm refreshed." 'Naruto' said in relief.

When Sakura starts to scold him again, you and Sasuke immediately got on guard, and started to attack Naruto.

"Sasuke, (Y/n), it wasn't that bad. Don't you two think you're going a bit overboard?" Sakura said in a nervous tone.

"W-What was that for?" 'Naruto' questioned.

You and Sasuke continued to give Naruto some kicks and punches, but he kept on trying to dodge. You tried to lay a punch on him, but he caught your upperbody, making you captured.

You quickly took the opportunity to pull a blade out of your shoe, aiming it to 'Naruto's face, but he backed up on time.

As soon as Naruto backed up, Sasuke kicked him to a tree.

"Better watch out, Sakura. I think Sasuke and (Y/n) have gotten crazy!" 'Naruto' said.

"Yeah, you wish. I just struck before you could!" Sasuke charged at Naruto with a kunai. "All right. Bring it on!" Naruto and Sasuke started to have a kunai duel.

As soon as they are separated, Sakura asked why You and Sasuke are attacking Naruto.

"Sakura, take a good look at him!" You said, making her look at him.

"Talk! Where's the real Naruto?!" Sasuke asked, making 'Naruto' confused. "What? What do you mean? I am Naruto."

"Ara~? Is that so? Then what happened to the cut on your cheek that Anko-Sensei gave you?" You asked in a dark tone, making the Naruto in front of you frozen.

"I guess you didn't know that the real Naruto got a cut on his face before this test. You also got your shuriken holster on your left leg, not your right. But the real Naruto is right handed! You're worse at transformation than Naruto, you phony!" Sasuke noted.

"And the real Naruto calls me (Y/n)-Chan. And your scent, is definitely not Naruto's." you added.

Naruto transformed back to some random rain ninja. "Alright. You got me. So what? I'm still gonna take your scroll, now hand it over or else." The rain ninja threatened.

Sasuke remained on guard, with Sakura taking out her kunai, and you unsheathing your sword, staying silent.

"Hmph! Fine, then I guess I'll have to take all three of you out!" The rain ninja charged at You, Sasuke, and Sakura.

You and Sasuke jumped in the air, and performed some hand signs. 'Fire style: Phoenix flower jutsu!' Sasuke spits some small fire balls at the rain ninja, but he managed to dodge them.

On the other hand, you did your hand signs, 'Wind Style: Air hurricane jutsu.' You let out a huge amount of wind, while sending out some paper bombs out, to explode around the rain ninja.

Sasuke and the rain ninja go on a head to head kunai battle, you managed to see and hear Naruto, seeing him tied up. You took two kunais and threw them at his ropes, cutting at least two of them.

"Heh, better keep your mind on the game!" The rain ninja said, throwing kunais with a paper bomb on it.

But you got in front of Sasuke, striking the kunais back with your sword.

Sasuke takes a kunai and throws it at the rain ninja, but that was only a distraction. Sasuke activates his Sharingan, and stabs the rain ninja.

The rain ninja pushes Sasuke away and gets away.

__________

You and your team settled down after that fight with the rain enemy. Now that you got Naruto back, you all discussed a plan.

"That proves that we can't just trust appearances. We have to come up with a way of knowing who each of us say who we are. And not an imposter using a transformation jutsu" Sasuke said.

"We were just lucky that that rain ninja didn't have the full details of transforming into Naruto. But, I feel like more people might do the same thing. I can also manage to tell if it's not Naruto, I can tell if he has a different scent." You said.

"Alright, so what do we do?" Sakura asked.

"We need a password." Sasuke answered, making Sakura and Naruto confused.

"I get it. You're doing a password so that if we might run into imposters, we can use that password to figure out if it's really us." You realized, warning a nod from Sasuke.

"We need a secret password. Something that only the four of us knows, and don't trust anyone who doesn't know it. No matter what. Okay, listen closely, because I only want to say this once. The question will be, " When does a Ninja strike?", And the response is, "A ninja waits until the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drop his guard. When his weapons life forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike." Got it?" Sasuke explained.

"Alright, I got it." Sakura noted, "I got it as well." You said.

"You got one, a little shorter?" Naruto asked, definitely not remembering the password. Sasuke told him No. And Sakura started to brag on how she managed to remember it easily.

Naruto stops talking, when a thin pice of wood cutter Naruto's cheek. You all look ahead to see a giant gust of wind aiming for you all. "Everyone, careful!" You shouted, then jumped to a tree.

You took a couple deep breaths, and saw Sasuke and Sakura beneath you. You jumped down to join them. "Sasuke, Sakura, are you both okay?" You asked worriedly.

"Sakura, (Y/n). Stay there. First answer the question, when does a ninja strike?" Sasuke questioned, bringing his kunai out.

You and Sakura shared glances and nodded. "A ninja waits until the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drop his guard. When his weapons life forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike." You and Sakura answered simultaneously. Sasuke lowers his kunai in relief, "Good."

"Hey, everyone, are you all okay?" Naruto came in, running towards you guys.

"Don't come any closer. What's the password?" Sakura asked.

"Oh, sure, no problem. A ninja waits until the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drop his guard. When his weapons life forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike." Naruto reworded it perfectly.

Sakura sighs in relief, but you and Sasuke, threw kunais at Naruto, who dodged it pretty quickly, leaving Sakura and Naruto shocked.

"What was that? You could've killed me!" 'Naruto' shouted. "Ara~ this one is faster than the last one we fought." You said, getting on your guard.

"What are you talking about? He got it right, word-for-word." Sakura protested. "Exactly. That's the problem."

"Do you really think Naruto can memorize all of that? And get it right? Not the Naruto I know, not in a million years would remember all of that." Sasuke stated.

"And, this Naruto here has a far worst scent to him." You added, getting ready to unsheathe your Katana.

"And, you saw the way he dodged my attack. That was not a Naruto move. All right, come on out, whoever you are." Sasuke demanded, making the Naruto imposter smirk mischievously, and stick it a familiar long tongue.

"Aren't we, the clever one?" The Naruto imposter transforms back to the grass ninja from earlier. "Tell me, if your teammate all that dimwitted. Why would you come up with a password, he'd never be able to remember?" The grass ninja asked.

"You see, it wasn't really meant for Naruto, so much for anybody who happens to be nearby and tried to eavesdrop on us. It was meant as a trap, and you stumbled right into it." Sasuke explained with a smirk.

The grass ninja lowers her straw hat, "I'm impressed. You two certainly haven't dropped your guard have you? This promises to be very entertaining~" The grass ninja sticker out her tongue again.

You gritted your teeth, and clenched your fists, but hid a dark smile beneath you.

"You're right." You soon then removed your mask, and smiled mischievously at the grass ninja, with a darkened expression.

"This will be very promising indeed~"

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛End♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

「Taisho-Era Secrets!」

✿ (Y/n) decorated the fox mask that Urokodaki gave her.

✿ Gaara gave her the sand bracelet in case he has to save her.

✿ Sakura was determined to prove that she will be a worthy Tsuguko to (Y/n).

✿ Sakura is wearing (Y/n)'s former Tsuguko Cape. (forgot to mention)

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Hello my kawaii stargazers! I am back, and I wanted to make this chapter long enough, this was a bit over 4000 words. But, I will start the reader vs Orochimaru battle next chapter, but, this will be the last chapter of the book FOR NOW. I am gonna take a break for this book, because I have recently made a Haikyuu book on Quotev, and I've been posting this book too much. So I wanted to take a break from it for now.

Sorry to make you all sad that I won't be making more chapters for the time being, but I need a break at least for this book. But if you all understand, thank you~

I'm also having plans for 4th if July, so I'll most likely not have time, but, I hope you all have a good day and night~

* Asami is offline *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.3K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...
62.8K 1.4K 18
{Discontinued} Haru has had life deal her the worst cards imaginable but, she still has gotten through everything with the help of her guild which is...
3.4K 88 60
Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayumi's parents went missing two years ago o...
292K 7.1K 91
𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 happy girl with a smile that could light up any room, she had a bright personality and a warm feeling that attracts you to her. She w...