Heir to the throne

By Gamble32

This is my first reader insert story so feel free to give critique on this. The hollownest, a underground kin... More

Bio/Harem
~•Prologue•~
~•Chapter 1•~
~•Chapter 2•~
~•chapter 3•~ (lemon)
~•Chapter 5•~
~•Chapter 6•~
~•Chapter 7•~
genuine question
haitus no more

~•Chapter 4•~

2.1K 42 25
By Gamble32

The excitement of his first official date had died down as he ventured forward defeating minor nuisances of the Hollownest. Climbing a platform before hoping to a ledge close by he started to climb up the steps there until he reaches what looked to be the bottom of a pit with a passageway right behind him as he turned. Using a ledge opposite of it he jumps up to the passage sliding slightly from the force before he sees enemies, which were a couple of wandering husks and a husk hornhead, just ahead of him. Cracking his neck he kneels down grinning as they formed a straight line, charging forward he hopped over the first slicing the head in half before tossing the scythe forward cutting the horn off the hornhead and getting stuck in the husk behind it. He leaps over the hornhead grabbing the scythe's handle before spinning in place taking both heads off.

Standing in place he soon pumps his fist silently saying "Yes!" as he stood straight again "Might've been showy but it's effective either way." He says nonchalantly before turning to leave. The gate slammed shut in front of him catching him off guard until the entrance behind him was shut as well, something soon landed in front of him as he was looking at the closed entrance. Taking a stance with closed eyes he opens them to stare at his opponent only to stand stunned, Hegemol stood just ahead of him wielding a mace causing him to be confused. One or the five here defending a empty room "Halt intruder! You've invaded a private area!" He announced making Y/n look at him weirdly seeing him shout like that.

However, as he was distracted Hegemol jumped up into the air having his mace be brought down on the heir until he rolled back having it miss. Hopping onto the ball he is brought above him and uses his fingers to cling on his back as it dug between the crevices of his armoured shell, swinging wildly trying to get y/n he soon feels him hop off causing Hegemol to lose his balance from the push. Landing on his feet he watches him fall until the mask opened revealing a maggot behind it "wait, what? That's not Hegemol, then where was he if this maggot holds his armour?" He thought before he heads forward grabbing at the grubs face starting to pull.

In a state of panic the grub stood back up and backpedal reaching up and grabbing the heir by his waist, tossing him away he lands on his feet before pointing at the grub as the mask closed over it's face "You have stolen the armour of Hegemol and for such actions of impersonating him, I'll take your life with no remorse." Y/n announces in anger before charging forward. Holding the mace by the shafts end he swings at him and disappeared from sight. Having taken hold of the ball he soon hops onto the armour helmet taking hold of the horns, dropping the mace the maggot tried to grab him until he tilted the head to the right causing him to charge at the wall until the armour rungs from the impact.

Still on top he repeats this by tilting it up, down, left and right making the maggot inside bash the armour against the walls damaging him further until his blood dripped out from his mouth causing it to leak through the armour's helmet. Hopping off him he walks up the his back as he tilts to keep his balance until y/n pushed him forward with his finger, the weight and damage they caused soon had him fall through the floor and crashed to the floor below them.

Landing at the top of the armour he sees the helmet open again as the maggot fell out, showing his true size to him, having bruises and blood dripping from his lips. Walking forward with his scythe sheathed he stood tall as he watches the infected maggot look up to him with his eyes returning to black beads "All I wanted was to protect my kin." He says with weaken breath. The sounds of gasping draws his attention as he sees the retreating figure of a maggot above them, looking at him again he nods before simply patting his head gently "I can understand, I'm sorry for your kin to mourn a loss." Y/n tells him making the maggot gaze up to him in surprise until the life left his eyes.

Taking the body in hand he goes over to the mace until it's ball popped off revealing a armoured bug Skittering away from the shaft, using the shaft he makes a marker for the grave of the maggot. Turning he looks forward with sorrow until he heads away from it leaving what remains there alone.

Continuing down the path he looks ahead sympathetic of killing the maggot, he was simply protecting his family until the damn infection got him, the loss of a loved one can weigh heavily on one's soul. Coming up to a Hall he sees three husks with one being taller than the others, taking scythe in hand he charges forward taking the firsts life and the taller one jumping over him causing the blade to kill the one behind it. The taller one lands behind him going for a palm strike until he was kicked in the stomach throwing it back.

The two gazed at each other until y/n dropped him scythe onto the floor as his hand made a fist, taking hold of it he pops the joints in it before rolling his shoulders. Taking initiative the husk leapt above him to do a jump kick until it was redirected and received a high kick to the chin having him fall onto his back. It rolled onto its' back dodging his heel aimed for its' throat, pushing itself up it is roundhouse kicked causing it head to twist with a loud crack, it falls dead on its' stomach as the mask faced the ceiling. Putting his fist to the opposites palm he bowed in respect of the corpse fighting before taking his scythe and leaving, walking past columns he soon finds a guard in front of him with his back to the heir.

Looking left and right it looks for prey until a scythe's blade layed against its' throat and with a flick of the wrist it was cut, walking around it and leaving y/n leaves the body to fall in a pool before it exploded. Jumping up two ledges he soon enters cave pit with a platform in front of him, looking down he sees a familiar sign at the bottom. A stag beetle station stood before him after he jumped down with a grin hoping to see them still being active after so long, walking inside he looks around to see lumaflies illuminating the station and a bench ahead of him. Having pasted the bench he soon frowns seeing the station's gate closed but looking to the  toll station close by he soon grins "I now declare this stag station opened!" He announced jokingly putting geos into the slot, a bell with the gate opening taking it place until he flicks it.

Leaning forward he hears charging feet with the bells ring until the stag skated to a stop, standing on his six legs having a single horn on the top of his head and another on his body and chairs strapped to the thorax. Looking to y/n causing his mustache to sway "Greetings, tall one! It's been an age since I last heard the ringing of a station bell. It echoed down the stagways and called me to you." He says with a gravely voice hinting to his great age.

Y/n soon grinned as he listens to his experience until he tells him that the stagways will take them anywhere it goes, if the other stag stations are opened. Nodding to him he asked for the stag to stop at Dirtmouth, hopping into a seat on his thorax the stag soon charged forward travelling down the stagways having y/n look at the other paths until he stopped with a jolt. The station looked to be clean as he hopped off thanking the stag before walking forward, passing thin metal columns he stops at the edge of a elevator platform.

Stepping on he takes hold of the lever to his right before gently pulling it back causing it to go up, the top was done shaped and held a single lumafly lantern with natural light spilling in from outside. Walking out he looks around to see not much have changed besides the stag station being open. Walking to the bench at the center of town he soon sits down on it finding the need to rest hover over him, elderbug soon joined him "I see you opened the stag station, that station lay silent even before my time." He tells him surprising y/n from the information.

Asking him how long has he been here, he retells him of his childhood when he lived here having been very fond of this exact spot. The young elderbug would often been seen climbing the bench from behind and going to the well kicking stones in and listening as it fell, he soon goes on to tell him with his eyes closed that elderbug saw him leave. Like lightning y/n opens his eyes again and look at him confused as he continued "Wait, go back to you seeing me leave?" He asked putting a leg on his knee.

Dirtmouth was quiet as ever when he ventured out of his home that day as the remaining resident of it and headed to center of town. Just before he could though he sees the heir ahead of him in front of the bench, hiding somewhere he looks over at him to see that he left when elderbug saw him. Walking next to it he looks to his sides looking for him but with no success, he simply vanished like a ghost.

Staring at him wide eye he remembered seeing someone there but simply brushed it off as something else. The bug soon congratulates him for leaving as his appearance told him that he took it as a sign of warning that day, he took him as a sign and he doesn't know how to take it.

Sighing he nods putting a hand on the side of his head before elderbug looked around, He knew the houses were abandoned and no one would mind him having one. Tapping the heirs shoulder he gains his attention "You know, you can have one of the houses around here. I won't tell you which but maybe go for the forth house on the right behind us." He says making him confused before nodding his head.

Elderbug soon stood up and left leaving y/n to himself until he left the bench too, going down the lane behind the bench he stops at the forth house. Opening the door by prying it open he looks around himself with a grin, the house still had furniture inside covered in collected dust. Venturing forward he passes a cloth chair with night stand next to it holding a lamp on top, across from it is a bookshelf having a few books on it in different colours. Deeper in he finds two bedrooms be chooses the one on the right as his seeing it have a king size bed and metal framework.

The night stand had a burnt out candle sitting on a candle holder with a single window opposite of it covered by the curtain. Looking around he sighs popping his neck before he went looking for a broom and washtub to start working.

Exiting her and cornifer's she looks around to see the town was same as ever until she double takes seeing the stag station being opened. Scratching at her chin she shrugs and heads over to elderbug with a friendly wave striking a conversation with him, after a hour she hears the faint sound of laundry being tossed onto a drying rack. Looking around again she sees one of the abandoned houses having candle light pour out from a covered window "Did someone move here? Surprising that they came here but why that old house?" She asked until elderbug informed her that's
y/ns' house now. Looking to the back she sees him hanging bed lining on the wire with bed sheets and a blanket confirming his truth.

Going over she grins seeing him work with a beater getting the dust out of them before going to the next, his shell shining with the lumafly lights making his exoskeleton glisten like gold. Iselda soon shook her head as it was venturing to forbidden territories, she was a married woman, she shouldn't fantasize about other men when she has her own.

Quickly looking back over to him again her mask soon darkens as he had bent down giving full view of his butt to her, she quietly ushered herself away before anything else happened. Returning home to see cornifer's bed still empty as she stood back behind the desk rapidly tapping her foot contemplating what she thought.

Her thoughts had ventured into her desires of y/n doing the dishes, him cleaning the floor soon he was on top of her doing something insensitive. She sighed after thinking it before looking over at cornifer's bed, he always went to that well even as she asked him to help with the sheets. She was always the one to do things around the house for him, he never really did anything for her besides going out and showing her the well.

Slamming her clenched fist on the desk she looks forward again, why couldn't she fantasize about other men if he just fantasize about exploring. Looking forward she soon grins as a sinful thought drift into her mind "Why not date another man while he's out taking care of his precious maps?" She asked aloud to herself having y/n in mind.

◡̈⋆ʜᴇʟʟᴏ(*´∇')ノ everybody!
As promised in the update tab, the next chapter of Heir to the throne! I have taken the liking of using nicknames for the readers based on the story such as this one's being heir. Looks like iselda is thinking about taking up the heir after seeing him work, I wonder how Radiance will react to snail shaman and the retired warrior going after her knight in tattered clothe?
As always this is Gamble32 signing off!

Word count:2371

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 637 56
They kept calling you weird, the one who doesn't fit in and never will. You never cared, but your parents did. When an uncle you barely knew anything...
7K 202 15
This takes place after the embrace the void ending, and shows you the story of what happened after the death of the radiance, and shows us the birth...
3.6K 69 20
Twelve. That was their name, or at least the closest thing they would ever receive. With the escape of every single vessel in the battle of the abyss...
12.4K 493 20
https://twitter.com/nestblue_moon/status/1231289378678419457 Source for cover fanart Hallownest was in shambles, the infection was taking its...