Drowning in Blood

By MentallyUnstablexoxo

Book 2 of the Blood Series! Book one: An Ocean of Bad Blood If you read book one, you don't need a descriptio... More

Welcome❀︎
1 ~ Good News, Bad News
2 ~ Real Life
3 ~ Same Old Love
4 - Pretty Little Gun
5 - Lunch Dates
6 - Dinner in Hell (Part 2)
7 ~ Angela The Bitch
8 ~ Double Trouble
9 ~ Mr. Control Freak
10 - Prince Not So Charming
11 - 360Β° + 180Β°
12 - Cherry on Top
13 - What Rules?
14 ~ Partying With Criminals
15 ~ Alcohol You Later
16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields
17 - Hangover Central
18 - Love Letters
19 - Food Fights
20 ~ Blood Brothers
21 ~ BLADE
22 - Don't Leave Me
23 - Attempted Murder #2
24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)
25 ~ Love Language
26 ~ Camp Stories
27 ~ Camp Stories 2
28 - Self Sabotage
29 - Spider Man Ankles
30 - I'll Catch You
31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef
32 ~ Lies and Secrets
34 - My Favourite Song
35 - Sanders Again!
36 - Boiled Cow's Head
37 ~ Anything and Everything
38 ~ Truthful Terrors
39 ~ Prom Night ✨
40 - Round Two
41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette
42 - The Real Wedding Crashers (Part 2)
43 - The Show Must Go On
44 - My Anything and Everything
45 - Chase's Story!
46 - 10 Reasons I Hate/Love You
47 - The Final Page
48 - Epilogue
Author's Note

33 - Let's Rule The World

2.8K 94 65
By MentallyUnstablexoxo

I love listening to lies when I know the truth

"Where have you been!" Bright lights shine in my face even with my eyes closed. I quickly throw the blanket over my head.

"It's too fucking early. Close the blinds," I mutter.

"You left the house. Didn't answer my calls. Changed your location." I look up from my blanket seeing Chase. "Yeah, I know," he admits. I turn my head seeing AJ, Hendrix and Shawn just hanging around.

"I have school," I quickly get out of the bed and walk into the ensuite bathroom. Chase follows me, closing the door behind him.

"You aren't going until you tell me where you went," he crosses his arms leaning against the door. I begin brushing my teeth and washing my face, ignoring him. Once I'm done I turn back to the door he's leaning against.

"I have school. Move," I demand crossing my arms.

"Where did you go," he asks with his voice low and firm.

"My dad's. Now move," I repeat.

"Stop fucking lying Charm. Cut the bullshit," he fumes.

"Why don't you stop lying, Chase!" I shout back. Chase's face turns into a confused expression.

"Lying about what? I have been nothing but truthful to you," he lies. I laugh mockingly walking towards him.

"Cut the bullshit," I recite his words. He stares down at me since he's taller than me.

"I'm going to ask you once more. Where were you," Chase says.

"And I'm going to tell you something. Shove it," I place my handle on the door opening it. He lets me move out easily as I walk out. Hendrix, AJ and Shawn are chilling on the bed playing Uno. I look around before realizing I need to change. I leave the room going into Chase's where some of my clothes are. He managed to buy me some.

"You aren't going to school until you tell me the truth," Chase follows me into his room closet. I pull out a pair of grey joggers and a red crop top.

"And I'm going to school until you tell me the truth," I reciprocate. "Now leave so I can change," I wave Chase away but he doesn't move. He closes his closet door leaning back against it with a smirk.

"No," he simply says.

"Chase, I'm serious," I plead, staring at him.

"So am I," he replies, keeping eye contact. Our staring contest lasts for 40 seconds until I give up.

"Fine. Have it your way," I throw off my shirt and begin changing. I stare up at Chase with a smirk as his eyes roam my body freely. Might as well show him what he'll never get.

Once I finish changing I throw my pajamas onto the ground and walk over to the door. Which Chase is blocking. His eyes look back up to me with a new emotion. Lust.

"Just tell me where you went," he says softly.

"How about no," I open the door as Chase gets off it and I look around for my school bag. "Where's my school bag," I ask, walking around. Chase cackles and I immediately turn back to him.

"You won't find it. Guess you can't go to school," he shrugs carelessly walking over to his bed. He sits down on it.

"You act like I've never gone to school without a backpack. I have wonderful friends with wonderful paper and colourful pens." I turn on my heel walking out of his room. I stop when I see AJ, Hendrix and Shawn walking down the hall.

"What're you guys even doing?" I ask, confused.

"Chase invited us. But so far it's been nothing but dramaaa," AJ sings out his sentence. Hendrix and Shawn both smack his stomach.

"Yeah what's going on with you guys," Shawn asks with concern.

"Cheating lying dirty manipulative ass bitch!" I curse. Shawn, Hendrix and AJ's eyes stare above my head. More specifically behind me. I turn around seeing Chase.

"Yeah I said it. And I mean it," I cross my arms over my chest. Chase pulls his phone out of his pocket, tapping it a few times before placing it to his ear.

"Lock it down. Only people allowed in and out are Marcello Accetta and myself," he smirks, looking down at me as he talks. "You don't need my full fucking name. I run this shit, lock it down now!" Chase fumes into his phone.

I hear a bunch of sounds of locks clicking and doors closing echo throughout the house. Bastard. Chase hangs up, sliding his phone into his pocket.

"I don't know what you think you know or heard. But it's wrong," he declares before walking away. I let out a heavy breath turning back to the three boys. I'm definitely going to miss my science test. Which means I'm getting a 0.

"Want to watch a movie?" I ask.

"Shawn! AJ! Hendrix! Get your ass down here!" Chase yells from downstairs.

"Sorry," the boys apologize quickly before running off. I walk back into Chase's room and lock the door. I would go to the guest bedroom but he has softer blankets and a whole fridge. I lay in his bed unhappily.

How am I letting the same person break my heart once again.

•••

As I'm watching marvel movies and eating ice cream I hear the door unlock. I look over at Chase. I quickly wipe a tear as it slips from my eye.

"You really thought I wouldn't have a key to my own room," he asks sarcastically. He's dressed in a suit. I ignore him watching as he takes off his jacket and tie, throwing it onto the ground. I stare back up at my movie doing my best to ignore him.

He flops onto the bed in front of me laying on his stomach. I feel his burning gaze on me as I continue eating my ice cream staring up at the tv.

"Luck," he whispers. I ignore him fighting the tears threatening to fall. He repeats the same words over and over again softly until a tear finally slips from my eye. I wipe it quickly but not fast enough.

"Okay that's it," Chase takes the ice cream from my hands, setting it down on his nightstand. He grabs the remote, turning off the tv but I continue staring at the black screen. "Spider-Man isn't there anymore. It's just a black screen," Chase says jokingly but I don't laugh.

He climbs into the bed next to me. He attempts to pull me into his arms but when I flinch away he let's go. "Okayyy," he drawls. I take a deep breath before finally facing him.

"Talk to me. Baby please," he begs. His eyes soften and face expresses genuine concern.

"Why?" I ask

"Why what?" Chase questions.

"Why lie to me. Over and over and over," I mumble.

"When did I lie to you? I never did. Ever," he assures.

"What is the purpose!" I mock Marcello's ridiculously loud voice and heavy Italian accent. "Marry her and gain both mafias!" I imitate Chase's annoyingly deep voice. "I don't like her. I have to show some interest. Gain her trust. I'm just messing with her. You want both mafias and I'm going to get them," I repeat Chase's words almost word for word. "Does that sound familiar to you?"

I look back to him with a scowl imprinted on my face. He stays silent as I analyze his features.

"So what's your plan? Marry me, kill me, take over my mafia," I ask, inching my face closer to his in anger.

"I didn't mean it. Those were all lies," he says.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," I pull away and lean back against the headboard.

"Luck, you have to believe me. That's my father's plan not mine," he pleads.

"Then what is yours!" I snap facing Chase.

"You want to know my plan," he asks. I nod my head confused. Did I not just ask that.

"Marry the love of my life," he says, running his finger down the side of my face. "Inherit my father's mafia," he gestured around the room with his other hand. "Help my wife accomplish her dreams of inheriting her mafia," Chase says softly.

"Then rule the fucking world with her," he finishes. I find myself lost in his words, his memorizing eyes and his gentle deep voice.

"Rule the world?" I laugh lightly.

"Of course," Chase smirks. "After I fuck her and her beautiful body," he shrugs jokingly. I slap his shoulder as he laughs.

"I'm joking. Well not really. It's on my schedule," he teases.

"Your schedule," I question with a growing smile on my face. Chase grabs me by the waist, lifting me onto his lap. I straddle him securely as he rests his hands on my hips.

"Our schedule," he corrects.

"What else," I ask.

"Love, cherish, spoil my wife. Hopefully have some mini delinquents," he says, making me laugh.

"They're not going to be delinquents," I laugh as tears slip from my eyes.

"Oh yes they are! Have you met us," Chase banters, making me laugh even harder. He places his hands on my face, wiping my tears with his thumbs.

"Please believe me Charm. I would never hurt you. Not again and not ever," he places his forehead on mine. I nod agreeingly.

"Believe me," he asks. I know Chase wouldn't hurt me. Not again. Plus he hates his father so it makes sense.

"Let's rule the world Huxley," I retort.

"That's my girl," he kisses my lips before pulling away quickly.

"Where were you," he asks. My eyes widen, I don't want to hurt him or lie to him either.

"Chase," I say softly.

"Where were you," he repeats again. I can tell he's getting irritated once again.

"Walker's," I reply honestly. Before I know it Chase gets up causing me to fall back onto the bed.

"Fucking Walker," he asks beginning to pace around the room.

"Chase it wasn't like that!" I plead.

"Really? Then why lie," he asks.

"You lied!" I exclaim. He can't seriously be playing the victim.

"I didn't know you knew! Actually how did you even know! Were you eavesdropping?" He asks. I sit on my knees watching Chase accuse me of bullshit. Well I mean it's not bullshit. I did eavesdrop but not intentionally. Marcello has a loud mouth.

"You can't be serious right now," I shake my head.

"I am. What were you even doing at Walker's. Did you fuck him," he asks.

"No! I'm not you," I blurt out before I can stop myself. Chase's emotion changes cold.

"Really Charm," for a second he seems hurt. Maybe I pushed too far.

"Chase I didn't m-"

"Don't," he leaves the room slamming the door on his way out. I collapse back onto the bed. Not even Colin and I fought this much.

•••

I hear the door creek open and I keep my eyes shut. It's around 2am and I've barely managed to sleep. I feel the other side of the bed dip and arms wrap around my waist. Pulling me into his bare chest. His cologne fills my nostrils and warmth encloses around my body. I wrap my arms around him desperate to get closer.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, kissing the top of my head.

"Chase I- we can't keep doing this," I correct myself.

"You want to break up?" He asks in a shaky voice.

"No. Definitely not," I retort. Why would he jump to such a big assumption?

"Good. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and you're all I have," he whispers softly.

"You have the boys," I point out.

"Eh. They're okay but they're not you," he utters. I laugh softly, hugging him tighter.

"What I was saying before is we can't keep going in circles. Arguing, not trusting one another. You need to tell me things and I need to tell you," I explain. I feel him nod his chin on the top of my head agreeingly.

"I trust you," he whispers.

"I trust you too," I breathe out. It took a while but I do now. I 100% fully trust Chase."

"Really?" He questions.

"Yes. I trust you. I love you. And I hate your dumbass," I mutter. I feel Chase's chest rumble as he laughs.

"Good because I trust you. I love you. And I hate your sexy dumb ass too," Chase replies making me laugh softly.

"Tell me what happened at Walker's," he asks politely.

"Okay," I take in a deep breath before telling him everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 2.8K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
134K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
102K 3.7K 39
*Book two of the Queen of the Underworld series* Time has passed and Anastasia Bianchi has changed. For better or worse...well, that's not the point...
89.2K 2K 24
Eloise Isabella Sofia Rodriguez ---------- β™‘ ---------- Eloise lived a happy life with her parents and brothers, including her unborn sibling. One n...