✓ | ODD , ˡᵘᶜᵃˢ ˢᶦⁿᶜˡᵃᶦʳ & ᵐᵃ...

By thoudeathwriter

❛ Nothing... everything ❜ In which Eleven isn't the only mystery kid that showed up but her even odder brothe... More

⁰⁰ I'm a little ODD
⁰¹ The Beginning
⁰² 'Dangerous' Weirdos
⁰³ Operation Mirkwood
⁰⁴ Radio Frequency
⁰⁵ Lost
⁰⁶ & Found
⁰⁷ Spur of the Moment
⁰⁸ 2-1-3
⁰⁹ Saviour
¹⁰ Compromise
¹¹ Memories
¹² How many days?
¹³ Unknown Reunion
¹⁴ Woman in the Rocking Chair
¹⁵ Stars
¹⁶ Blue Skies a Safety
¹⁷ Badass
¹⁸ Reunions & Meetings
¹⁹ Watching
²⁰ Tree House
²¹ Starman
²² 'Romeo & Juliet'
²³ Why Lie?
²⁴ All Wrong
²⁵ Save Him
²⁶ Chemicals
²⁸ Open Wounds
²⁹ I Saved Him
³⁰ His Stars & Blue Skies
³¹ ODD

²⁷ Hospital

5K 197 40
By thoudeathwriter

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁷ - ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ ɢɪʀʟ

❛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴄᴋ ❜

There was that something in the air again as the young teens sat around in the waiting room of the hospital.

Nancy and Jonathan went along to see Mrs. Driscoll since they could only have two visitors at a time.

Mike and Lucas were talking by the vending machine, El and Max looking through the magazines on the end tables while Ven and Will sat on the uncomfortable chairs.

Ven was ignoring everything around him, trying to ignore how he could feel every sickness seeping through the walls of the building, like he couldn't sense the trauma.

He looked at the ceiling when he saw the lights flicker, him and Will being the only ones that noticed, before they flickered again, not stopping this time catching the rests attention.

"He's here." Will let out a shudder as the group gathered around watching the lights flash all of them exchanging a look when they heard a familiar screech.

El leads the group out of the waiting room, walking past the front desk and ignoring the shouting from the lady who was oblivious to the monster shrieking.

Ven closed his eyes, trying to focus on Nancy or Jonathan.

The boy flinched when he saw through Nancy's mind, seeing a gooey substance, of what looked like skin, organ, and bone merging together.

Seven lead the group, running towards the elevator, pressing the button of the floor he saw flash through Nancy's mind.

"What's going on?!" Max asked as the emergency lights came on in the hospital.

The elevator door opened, Ven looking left and right down the halls, following the sound of shouts.

The group came to a stop, seeing Jonathan banging at a door with an oxygen tank, calling out for Nancy.

El didn't hesitate to use her powers to open the door.

"What the f---!"

Max's shout was interrupted by a loud screech.

The monster on top of Nancy turned towards the group at the door showing the rows of teeth coated in saliva causing everyone to flinch back.

Ven glanced nervously at the sobbing Nancy on the floor, El catching the glance.

El glared at the monster who tried stalking towards them, her powers flinging the monster out the glass window down the side of the building.

Jonathan checked if Nancy was okay before following the kids running outside as quickly as they could.

It was gooey and red, which didn't help when the fluorescent red emergency sign above them shined on it making it even redder than it already was.

It was moving, more like slithering, the squelching sound as it moved, pulsating with every slide.

The group watched as it slowly slithered into the sewer on the road, with curious eyes they watched as it disappeared only leaving a few spots of slime on the concrete but what got their attention was the human bones that didn't go down the drain since the bars didn't let them.

"What the fuck!"

──

"It can't be safe for her to be in there that long," Mike paced, glaring at the ground.

It was the next day, they were at the cabin after a horrible night's sleep, knowing that thing was still out there.

Ven, Max, and Lucas sat on the couch, Ven in the middle as Nancy was on the phone, Jonathan was going through a phonebook while Will sat on the ground by Ven's legs.

"Mike, you need to calm down!" Max stared up at the boy with an annoyed look.

Mike stopped pacing, looking towards the girl with rage. "Calm down? What if she gets brain damage or something?"

"She's not gonna get brain damage." Ven rolled his eyes, ignoring the soreness in his throat.

"Yeah, Mike you don't know what the hell you're talking about." Max shook her head,

"Oh! And you do?" Mike shouted, Ven sending a calming wave towards the Wheeler boy.

The calming effect didn't last long before Max and Mike were bickering again, Ven getting up to follow the two who walked towards the kitchen.

"Who do you think should decide El's limits? Mike or Eleven?" Max asked, staring at Jonathan and Nancy for their opinions.

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit," Mike grumbled.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your whole problem. And it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass."

Ven's eyebrows raised, "That's my girl." he mumbled a proud smile on his face.

Ven didn't even hear Mike rant about how careless they were with El's powers, the only words he heard were.

"I love her and I don't want to lose her again!"

An awkward silence took over the group, everyone exchanging a glance while Mike blushed under the glare of Ven.

Eleven came out of her room, her eyes glancing between the group landing on her glaring brother. "What?"

Mike looked at the recovering group, "Nothing."

"Just a family discussion." Lucas smiled with a shrug.

Eleven gave them a suspicious look before shaking her head. "I found him."

"Found who?" Nancy asked.

──

El gasped, pulling off the blindfold with force, going to get a glass of water after telling the group what she saw.

"And that's not normal, right?" Nancy crossed her arms.

Max scoffed, "Billy, staying in his room on the Fourth of July? No that's not normal."

"He wants us to find him," Will said.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are." Nancy explained.

"It's a trap, I agree. We'll be ambushed." Mike nodded.

Lucas shook his head, "We won't be surprised. We'll know that they're coming, and we will kick their flayed butts."

"You mean she'll kick their ass." Max deadpanned, gesturing to El, squeezing Ven's hand when she saw how sad he looked that he couldn't really help out.

"Killing the flayed won't stop the Mind Flayer. We have to find out where it's spreading from. We have to find the source." Nancy stated.

"Billy knows it. Billy's been there. To the source." Eleven whispered.

Mike looked at her, "Yeah, but--"

"It's a trap. I know. We can't go to Billy, but I think there's another way. A way for me to see where he's been."

──

authors note | 

this chapter was pretty short but since its my 17th birthday I'm posting the last chapters of ODD today so this is just the start!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 20.5K 65
this story is based on the song heather by conan gray, in which will is jealous of mike and eleven's relationship because he has a crush on mike. wil...
267K 11.8K 21
❝ he'll never love you like i can! ❞ IN WHICH THEY'RE BOTH FILLED WITH ENVY OVER EACH OTHER'S NEW LOVERS S1 - 2 ST...
12.7K 194 16
Since we were all so wrongfully robbed of Byler in season 4, I've made the executive decision to write this. ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ What th...
312K 12K 81
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* mike wheeler logan is new to hawkins, just like how max was new to hawkins. both mike hated the moment he met them. and the worst part of...