Drowning in Blood

Af MentallyUnstablexoxo

Book 2 of the Blood Series! Book one: An Ocean of Bad Blood If you read book one, you don't need a descriptio... Mere

Welcome❀︎
1 ~ Good News, Bad News
2 ~ Real Life
3 ~ Same Old Love
4 - Pretty Little Gun
5 - Lunch Dates
6 - Dinner in Hell (Part 2)
7 ~ Angela The Bitch
8 ~ Double Trouble
9 ~ Mr. Control Freak
10 - Prince Not So Charming
11 - 360Β° + 180Β°
12 - Cherry on Top
13 - What Rules?
14 ~ Partying With Criminals
15 ~ Alcohol You Later
16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields
17 - Hangover Central
18 - Love Letters
19 - Food Fights
20 ~ Blood Brothers
21 ~ BLADE
22 - Don't Leave Me
23 - Attempted Murder #2
24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)
25 ~ Love Language
26 ~ Camp Stories
27 ~ Camp Stories 2
28 - Self Sabotage
29 - Spider Man Ankles
30 - I'll Catch You
31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef
33 - Let's Rule The World
34 - My Favourite Song
35 - Sanders Again!
36 - Boiled Cow's Head
37 ~ Anything and Everything
38 ~ Truthful Terrors
39 ~ Prom Night ✨
40 - Round Two
41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette
42 - The Real Wedding Crashers (Part 2)
43 - The Show Must Go On
44 - My Anything and Everything
45 - Chase's Story!
46 - 10 Reasons I Hate/Love You
47 - The Final Page
48 - Epilogue
Author's Note

32 ~ Lies and Secrets

2.9K 91 76
Af MentallyUnstablexoxo

One lie is enough to question all truths

"What is the PURPOSE!" I hear Marcello yell. I continue walking down the hall until I reach the door. I lean my ear against the wood, eavesdropping.

"Marry her, gain both mafias," I hear Chase's voice.

"And," Marcello says. Why are they arguing? I thought Chase just had another meeting.

"Look, I don't like her. I have to show some interest to convince her. Gain her trust once more. I'm just messing with her. You want both mafias and I'm going to get them. So get off my case. I know the plan," Chase replies.

He's messing with me? Wrong fucking move. I hear footsteps and quickly sprint away from the door. I head up the stairs but with my luck, I trip hitting my face on one of the steps. "Shit," I curse at the pain.

"Luck?" I hear.

"Fuck. Yeah," I mumble holding my nose. Warm liquid drips all over my hands. Just great.

"Shit babe, what happened?" Chase runs over to me as I coddle my nose.

"You know. I fell walking down the stairs. I was coming to see if you were finished but apparently the steps had different plans," I lie. I can lie too.

"Klutz. I'm done now. Here I'll help you," Chase lifts me up by my waist and onto my feet. I still continue to hold my nose as we walk to the bathroom.

"You think it's broken," I ask.

"Nah. I think you'll be okay. After some lessons on how to use the stairs," Chase teases. I roll my eyes taking the tissue from his hand.

"I'll get you some ice. Give me a second," Chase runs out of the bathroom and I hold my nose back. When Chase returns he helps me clean up my nose and ice it.

How can he be so caring and helpful? When it's all a lie.

•••

"And that's that," I breathe out.

"Fucking dickhead," Tristan curses.

"I'll kill him," Dylan threatens.

"I'll help," Zach adds.

"Guys it's fine. Don't even stress," I assure, throwing my legs on the table. I had just finished explaining to them what had happened and the conversation I overheard.

"You have a plan don't you," Dylan smirks.

"How do you always know," I ask.

"Because when something goes wrong and you're like "don't even stress" you have a plan," Tristan states mocking a high girly voice.

"Firstly, I don't sound like that. Secondly, I need help with science," I reach into my backpack pulling out my latest test.

"A C?!" Zach exclaims, grabbing my paper.

"I know. I know," I groan running my hands through my hair.

"I'll help you study," Dylan offers. I send him a thankful smile as Tristan begins talking.

"You're a straight A student. You've literally never gotten anything lower than an A-," Tristan points out.

"I know. But we've been on so many missions and getting shot and my ankle. I got a doctor's note and she's letting me retake the test," I explain.

"CHARM!" My test is snatched from Zach's hands into Carmen's. Great. Note the sarcasm. She's standing wide-eyed next to Jenny. They haven't sat with us the past few weeks.

"Carmen, it's one test and I'm redoing it. Please shut up," I mumble, placing my head onto the table.

"I'm telling dad. He said straight A's or you can't do school," she mentions.

"You don't think I fucking know that," I snap looking up at her. I reach over grabbing my test from her hands. Tristan thankfully pulls me back down away from Carmen before letting my anger get to me. "Please just leave," I ask politely.

"No. We're all friends. So I'm going to sit with my friends," Carmen and Jenny take a seat down in between Dylan and Zach.

"Well enjoy," I stand up, taking my backpack with me as I exit the cafeteria. I walk through the halls until I find an empty classroom. I sit down on top of the desk and pull out my science textbook. Might as well study. I hear the door creak open but don't bother looking up.

"Hi Charm," I look up to see Jenny. I look back down to my textbook uninterested in what she has to say.

"What do you want?" I ask rudely.

"Look I know you probably don't want to talk to me b-"

"Yeah I don't. Thanks," I cut her off mid-sentence.

"Look, it's important. It's about Carmen," she says. I look up to her, interested. If I can get dirt on Carmen. I could screw her over.

"Continue," I say, closing my book.

"Look I'm not even supposed to be telling you this but I'm going to," Jenny closes the door before walking over to me. She takes a deep breath before letting it all out.

•••

I poke at my spaghetti with no appetite. I should've just gone to my dad's instead of staying here with Chase's family.

"So Charm. I hear you're heir," Marcello speaks. I look up from my untouched food.

"Nope. Carmen is," I lie. It hasn't been decided yet but if I convince him I'm not getting it. I could surely ruin his plan.

"What are you talking about?" Chase asks. Game face time.

"My father decided Carmen was a better fit," I shrug. I swirl the spaghetti around my fork boredly.

"I'm going to have a chat with him," Marcello speaks up.

"Why? Carmen is a better fit. I'm reckless," I explain.

"No doubt there," Leo mutters under his breath. I glare at him but quickly turn back to Chase feeling a hand on my thigh.

"Are you okay," he whispers softly.

"Mhm. Just peachy," I retort.

"You're stabbing your meatball really hard," Chase mentions. I realize my fork has practically mushed my meatball.

"Oh. Just a shit day," I admit. This day has been shitty. The only highlight of my day was Jenny's news.

"Want to skip. We can get ice cream," Chase offers. I shake my head. I don't want to do anything with him.

"Which one of your son's is the next leader of your mafia?" I ask.

"Leo of course," Marcello lies. Every time he lies his right eye twitches slightly.

"What about Chase? I thought he was getting it?" I ask, confused.

"Well since you guys are getting married. I can't have you own my mafia too," Marcello explains.

"Wait so you want me to gain my mafia so Chase can own it," I intrigue.

"W-well no. I j-just think. Leo he's the oldest and the first born child is always the heir," Marcello stutters, caught in a lie.

"Not necessarily," I shrug.

"Well who knows," Marcello laughs awkwardly. "Chase is still a possibility," he continues eating his spaghetti. The table is pretty much silent. Leo is on his phone. Loretta and Bella went out for a mother's daughter's night.

"You should eat. I can get you something else," Chase suggests.

"Actually I'm not hungry," I push my plate towards the middle of the table.

"L-" before Chase has the chance to call out my name I stand up and begin walking away. "Luck!" Chase calls out running after me.

"What do you want?!" I ask, turning around.

"What's wrong," he asks softly. He gently takes my wrist in his hand. I stare up into his intoxicating hazel eyes. Full of such lies and manipulation.

"Nothing just leave me alone," I retract my wrist walking upstairs. Chase follows behind as I quicken my steps. This place is huge. I finally find the guest bedroom and run into it, locking the door.

"Charm, open the door. Talk to me baby," he says, roughly pulling on the locked door. I hold back the tears as I reach into my pocket pulling out my phone.

"How about no!" I shout loud enough for him to hear me.

"Did I do something? I thought we were good again?" He asks, knocking on the door.

"Chase, just leave me alone," I tell him, walking over to the window. I slowly crack it open just enough for me to slip out.

"Charm, open the damn door! We can talk about it," he bangs on the door repetitively.

"Tomorrow please Chase. I promise I'll tell you tomorrow if you let me sleep here for tonight," I mumble pleadingly. What? Chase isn't the only one aloud to make promises filled with lies.

"Okay," he says softly. When I hear him walk off I know it's safe. I hit the speed dial on my phone. The phone connects to the other line within 2 rings.

"Long time," a deep croaky voice runs through my phone speaker.

"It's like 8pm. You can't be asleep," I ask. I begin taking the sheets off the bed.

"Long day at work," he yawns.

"Well get ready for a long night. I'm coming over, I need your help," I reply.

"Uhh. Yeah sure. Can't we meet somewhere else," he asks. I roll my eyes, tying the sheets into knots. I throw one end of it out the window and tie the other to the bedpost.

"Walker, it's urgent. I'll see you in ten," I hang up before quickly climbing out of the window.

•••

I use my key to unlock the door to Walker's apartment swinging it open. Walker is cleaning up beer bottles and pizza boxes.

"This is disgusting," I comment, walking in.

"I didn't know you were coming," Walker says, clearing off his coffee table.

"I didn't know you lived like a pig," I reciprocate.

"Are you going to just complain or did you actually come here for something?" Walker asks. I stare at him for several seconds before grabbing a trash bag. I unfortunately began helping him clean up.

"You don't have t-"

"Shut up. Don't even bother thanking me," I silence Walker. I pick up the dozens of empty alcohol bottles left around the place.

"Same old Charm," Walker chuckles.

"So did you throw a party or something," I ask, confused as to why Walker's place is such a mess. It's always spot clean.

"No, just piled with work. Your dad's business isn't going so well," Walker continues talking about how my dad is failing his mafia and business. We move from cleaning his living room to his kitchen.

"And what makes him think Carmen and I are going to do any better," I ask.

"You're worshipped and feared by other mafias. Carmen not so much but she's smarter in the stocks and shipment sense," Walker explains while washing the hundreds of dishes he has. I continue wiping down his counters as I think.

"I am smart in that sense though," I mutter.

"But you're impulsive and impatient. You know how to do it but you don't know how to wait. You jump at the first opportunities instead of waiting for others and exploring your options. You need to learn control first," Walker points out my flaws.

"I can work on that," my phone begins ringing and I pull it out of my pocket. CHASE FACE flashes in bold over my screen. I hit decline before looking back up at Walker. "Change the location on this. Put it to my dad's," I toss him my phone, giving him a limited time to catch it. He drops the dishes in his hand, catching my phone with wet soapy hands. It rings once again.

"Trouble in paradise," Walker jokes, pulling out his laptop. He connects my phone to it using a cord.

"More like lies and manipulation to gain my mafia. Hey, I have a question. Say I marry Chase and gain the mafia. I'll be the owner of it right but what about Chase?" I ask as Walker types on his laptop. He stops for a moment to look up at me.

"He'll gain part of it. But he doesn't gain it all unless you die. What's going on?" Walker asks. He looks back to the laptop before plugging out my phone and tossing it back to me.

"Well, Chase and his dad are planning on stealing my mafia. Apparently that's why he's marrying me and trying to earn back my trust," I roll my eyes at how dumb I was to believe him. Complete asshole.

"Oh! And now I have to deal with Carmen too. Guess what I found out!" I exclaim. Walker looks up to me intrigued. He stands up grabbing a drink out of his fridge and tossing it to me. Definitely going to need one of these before explaining to Walker what Jenny told me.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

296K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
2.1M 62K 95
The Mafia Heirs #2 Alessio Romano's life has never been easy. He changed from the world's best hitman to a powerful and feared mafia leader. Thea Go...
150K 2.7K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
242K 4.1K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...