Darkness of Ours (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

The year is two- thousand, twenty-seven. The USA has collapsed. America is dead. The Cabinet of States has a... More

What you need to know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

400 Follower Special

3.2K 86 291
By Amaura1406

Ame's P.O.V

"Ah- Stop it, dad!" West Virginia squealed, as she fought against the water balloons that were being chucked over at her. She was smiling, as laughs left her mouth.

"Hmm, how about no." I sarcastically bellowed, while another fragile orb was fired at the girl.

Suddenly water splashed on my back in multiple spots. Most of the amo hit my feathers, and I tensed them. My body turned on its heels, my eyes sharpened, and I looked out upon a hysterical group of states, who were just waiting to get a taste of their own medicine.

I flung the few balloons in my hands at them, while the girl behind me escaped from the fray.

The hot sun continued to batter our shoulders, as we threw the cooling devices at our opponents. The hose in our backyard eventually got grabbed. The beholder, Colorado, began to terrorize all of the people outside with the jet of icy liquid.

No one was safe.

My hair, feathers, and trunks got soaked in the crossfire, as I tried to wrangle the overpowered weapon from the boy's extatic hands.

When I had won, I instantly sprayed him back, as I started my own reign of fear. Screams from my states echoed around the vast area, as I chased them around with the ultimate weapon in my arms. They certainly didn't like that, but I did.

A pressure was applied to my back after a bit, and I went tumbling down into the murky ground. One of the states that toppled me over took the hose, stood up, and sprayed me. The others around me were jokingly chastising me, while they rooted on their brother; Georgia.

"That's what you get, dad!" Pennsylvania exclaimed.

"You got 'em good, Georgia." Vermont commented, as he tapped his brother on the shoulder.

Georgia grinned, as he slowly turned off the hose, "Yeah yeah, I know I did. Anyways, who's hungry?"

I sighed as I stumbled up and off of the ground. The wings that were attached to my back were even heavier than they normally were, and I knew that they would be a pain to clean later, "I'm not super hungry, so you can decide what you want-"

"I call dibs on the ice cream!"

"Louisiana, how dare you!" Arkansas huffed.

"When I say dinner, I mean dinner." I stated. "You may have any dinner food. We'll discuss dessert later."

There was a unanimous groan of annoyance, but they all nodded their heads.

"Could we do a barbeque? It's still light outside, and I can wait a bit 'till we eat." Montana suggested.

I lifted my head up and down, "That's fine by me, just be cleaned up by around seven, okay?"

The rest of the states that were there looked excited, as they happily buzzed about. They rushed inside, as they shouted between each other to get the ingredients ready.

I followed in after them, though I planned to stay there instead of heading back out. I knew that my states could handle themselves, for they had done it for years. However, I still worried endlessly about them. After all, they were my kids and my family.

As I rounded around the corner, my head and hair was encapsulated with a dry cloth. It ran around my scalp, as giggles left my lips. The person doing this trickorous deed pulled me back against them, while the towel on my head continued to be scrubbed.

The actions were fast, and a bit rough, though I didn't mind. The cloth began to slow down, as it trickled onto my neck and shoulders. It became very gentle in the place where my wings connected to my back. The person controlling the garment was so soft, caring, and thurow.

It moved down to the lower section of my back, as it wrapped around my waist for a moment, until it was offered to me. I took it out of the person's hands, as I felt their arms rest over my shoulders.

"Hey, Russ." The man's pet-name fell off my tongue softly, while he placed a few kisses on the back of my head.

"Good evening, Love." He uttered, as he started to twirl me around so that I could face him.

My wings tucked themselves in, as his arms guided me. His fingers brushed through my damp feathers, my feet spun to the left, and I eventually came face-to-face with my husband.

"How've you been?" I asked, as I lightly pecked his jaw. He squirmed a bit, but he chuckled after a moment.

"Good, just trying to keep things on track in my homeland." He answered, as he looked me over. "I can see that you're wet, did you lose to them again?"

I scoffed, "I would hardly call it a loss! I fought tooth and nail for that hose, I got it, and then Georgia ripped it out of my hands at the last second-"

"So you lost."

I puffed out my cheeks, as my head thudded against the wall behind us, "Yeah..."

Russia smiled, his arms snaked around my back, and they lightly brushed underneath the base of my wing. I winced a bit, even if it had been years since they grew in, that part of them was still so sensitive.

I felt Russia squeeze me tighter. He never liked it when I got hurt, for he thought that I had been through too much and that I needed a break. Thus, he tried to keep me as secure and safe as possible; like I was a porcelain doll. His antics paid off in some situations, and less in others.

His worry often got the best of him, so I had pleaded for him to tone it down, even if it was just a bit. He was hesitant to do so, but he did as I asked of him.

But, old habits die hard.

"So, I won the bet, didn't I?" His lips turned upwards into a smirk, as an evil glint lit up in his eyes.

I frowned and curled my lip, "I guess you did." I grumbled.

"Aw, don't be mad." Russia removed his hands from my back, as they moved up to my face. My hands rested on his shoulders, as our lips intertwined. My wings moved up to surround us; it was as if it was a protective reaction that happened on its own.

"Oh come on..." A state droned on. "Save that for your room, Papi. You too, Pops."

I pushed away from my spouse, as I turned to Hawaii. She had certainly gained an attitude over the past couple of years. She was much more vocal about her opinions, and how stuff made her feel. That was both a good and a bad thing.

"Alright, Wild Flower-"

"Hawaii." She snapped.

She had never really liked that name ever since Cabi started using it. She stated that it felt weird for her to still go by something that had been tainted with evil.

"Sorry, Hawaii. We'll be upstairs, call us if anything happens." Russia grabbed my hand, as he started to drag me away with him. I waved a bit to my youngest, and she returned the favor with a little eye roll.

"So," We were half-way up the stairs, when I got curious. "What are we gonna do?"

The russian hummed a little, as he pulled open the door to our room. We had decided that my old room was way too small for the both of us to be crammed in there, so we exchanged my office in place for our bedroom.

I flicked the lights on, as I moved over to our unmade bed. My body tilted forward, and I face-planted into the comfortable sheets.

"No, America, we aren't going to bed yet." My lover took a hold of my feet, as he pried me off of the bed. I clung to the sheets for dear life, while Russia pulled harder. He stopped, and I thought that I had won, but then he suddenly hoisted me up. "You're all wet, not to mention that you have mud on you. You're gonna get yourself cleaned up."

"No-" I whined, as he dragged me into our bathroom.

"Yes." He retorted. He placed me into our shower, then started for the door. "I'll take one after you."

With that, the door shut.

I grumbled a bit, as I stood up. The smooth surface underneath my feet squeaked, as I turned on the water and removed my trunks.

I have never really liked showering ever since I came back. They always left me alone to contemplate, and that usually led to memories of what it had been like there. My mind had gotten pretty good at avoiding the sore topic, but it always arose here.

I shook my head, I really should just get this over with.

So, that is exactly what I did.

I was now sitting on my shared bed. A sorta soggy cloth was draped over my hands, as I ran it over each one of my feathers. My pajamas that I used to own had all been scrapped, or at least the tops had been. Since my wings alway got in the way, I had a few sleeveless shirts made that would act like a backwards coat.

Honestly, these wings were such a hassle to deal with. They made life so much more difficult than it had to be. I had to take really good care of them, or else they would hurt like hell. I couldn't really sleep on my back, since that was where the connectors were, and it was a very bad idea to disturb them.

Little things that I used to do everyday with ease, were no longer that way.

I tossed the towels in my hands over to the hamper near the door to our room. I flopped down onto my mattress, as one of my wings rested over me, while the other hung off of the bed.

The bathroom door cracked open with a creek, and the light in there clicked off. Footsteps on the wooden flooring echoed around the room, as my partner traversed over to his dresser.

My eyes shut tightly when he started to get dressed for bed. I could hear the rustling of clothes, the way that he pulled his shirt over his head, and how he carefully walked over to the hamper to throw his previous clothes in.

My eyes peeled open, when he had laid down on the bed and scooted closer to me. One of Russia's arms circled under my neck and draped onto my right shoulder, while the other simply rested on my back. My arms dipped under his shoulders, between his arms, and they reconnected on the other side of him.

No words needed to be exchanged, for we both understood what the other wanted; affection.

I smiled, as I nuzzled closer to the man in my arms. The wing on my top side migrated over the both of us, and tucked behind my lover.

We remained in a capsule of each other's company for the next couple of minutes, before it finally had to end.

"You know," Russia started. A ticklish feeling ran down my neck, as he spoke. "I sometimes think that you have four arms."

I choked on the air I was breathing, as I sputtered with laughter, "And why's that?"

"Because of these." He reached up one of his arms and stroked the wing covering us. "You use them so much nowadays, that it feels like you've always had them. And I can't really picture you without them."

I looked down, while my cheeks heated up, "Yeah...wow, it's been such a long time since then, hasn't it?"

I could feel Russia's fingers tap lightly on my back, as he thought, "This is the fourth year anniversary of your revival, so it hasn't been too long."

"You're supposed to agree with me, dumbass."I playfully insulted. "But, in retrospect, it can be long or short. A day during the war felt so long and drawn on, whereas today it feels like a piece of hay in a haystack."

Russia nodded, as he slightly pushed us apart so that he could look at my face. He took my hands in his, while a somber smile rested upon his lips, "I'm so glad that we made it through that together."

"Me too."

With that we kissed again, my arms snaked around his shoulders, and we pulled each other closer.

When it ended, we remained close knit with one another, and I whispered, "I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too."

"Dad! New Hampshire lit the food on fire!"

"Then put it out!" I screamed at the state.

I sighed, as a frown planted itself on my mouth, "I'll see you in a bit, okay Russia?"

He was too frazzled to respond.

Word count 2162

Aye. 400 followers! Wooo!

Not gonna lie, I really want to release the first chapter now, but I said that I'd do it on June 10th, so I don't want to do it early. I'm torn-

Oh, and you know me with specials. I might need to take this down eventually, due to spoilers.

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 367 28
America is a cunning bastard who is the head of the student council. He gets into a dispute putting Russia and his comrades in a tight situation invo...
271K 9.1K 69
"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we both think that each other is evil." The...
29.6K 790 10
With the rising concern of nuclear weapons countries and organisations are trying to settle on a safe agreement. Unfortunately, not every country is...
21.4K 579 35
☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤! @𝕥𝕚𝕫...