Heaven Knows

By Kat7729

His warm hand stays at my back and I can feel his body keep me close. I nod and listen to his heart again. Wo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight

Twenty One

13 1 0
By Kat7729

We go back one more time to visit his dad. I give him my goodbyes once Tyler nods at me, and I know I should get back in the truck before they start yelling at each other.

As I get back, Mel waves at me with a warm smile and I return it. He then turns when he sees a little boy running out with some chickens. Mel drops his tools and runs after him saying, "Come on now, son! I told you not to play with the chickens!" But his son just laughs loudly as he runs after the feathery coup.

I chuckle at this scene and suddenly my mind takes me to Tyler. I wonder what he would do once we have a kid. Well, we both have some wild genes. So he'd be running with a chicken in hand and the rest running after him.

I chuckle at my imagination and just get in the truck instead. Maybe having a kid soon would be alright. I watch Mel help his son with the chickens and smile down despite of his mischief.

I want to see that same smile on Tyler's face with our child...

I'm slapped back to reality as I see Tyler coming towards the truck. His eyes are sad but there's this peace in his expression...the same peace I can't seem to understand yet.

He enters and gives me a warm smile as he starts the truck. "Let's go home."

"What happened?"

He only shakes his head and I understand he couldn't fix things with his dad. My heart shrinks and I take hold of his hand. "I'm so sorry, baby..."

Tyler smiles and says, "Don't worry, sweetheart. I've done my part. God will do the rest."

God. I scoff at this and just do a small nod. "Okay."

But whatever God has in mind, at least we start our new life together. We arrive back home and I let out a contented sigh. Tyler's hands sweetly slipped across my abdomen to hold me close. His lips found my neck as he whispered, "To us." He then opened his palms to reveal two chocolates. I chuckle at this and pop one in my mouth after giving his lips a kiss.

The next morning, I observe the new way of starting the day. I wake up earlier and go out on my usual run. I come back and the smell of coffee already fills the house. I smile when I see a cup of coffee on the counter with a sticky note.

I love you.

I take the note and put it on the counter I've been saving his notes in. With mug in hand, I turn on the radio and start listening to the news while I do breakfast for two this time. I need to make groceries because I think Tyler won't like my vegetarian meats.

Once he comes out ready to go to work, we eat breakfast together; exchanging smiles as this new feeling of fullness surrounds us. Then Tyler offers to do the dishes while I get ready for work. Small blushes run over my face as he whistles when I come out ready for work.

"Someone is looking too hot for work!" Tyler playfully says. I laugh at this and give his cheek a kiss as he continues putting the dishes away. "Are you leaving now?"

"Yes, sweetheart. I have to get to a meeting. But I'll talk to you later?"

"You know it." He turns around and brings me closer for his lips to run all over mine; our hearts singing the last time for now. We pull away and I make my way to the door as I hear him say, "Have a blessed day, darling."

"I love you!"

I arrive at work with a new smile until I pass by Gail's office and hear her angry voice pass through her door. Before I can quickly take a listen, the door opens abruptly, and out marches Fabio. He nearly pushes me to the side as his dark eyes burn.

With wide eyes, I watch him disappear around the corner. I carefully walk in and knock on the door. Gail looks up and relief passes through her firm face.

"Oh, honey! I'm so glad you're back. I don't know what I'd do without you!" Gail comes over and gives me a tight hug.

"What happened back there?" I say once I pull away. "Fabio was furious!"

Gail rolls her eyes and sighs. "That man is something else. He talks to me as if I'm one of his man friends! I understand he's very good with calculations but I'm still his boss."

Even I'm terrified as Gail firmly says this. I nod along to her words and say, "How was Anna?"

"Oh," Gail says with shining eyes now. "She is such a dear. Do you want to trade interns?"

I scoff. "No. You got your pick."

"If only people were like you. Anna is gonna be a little you here. Just you wait. But Fabio...he will not last if he continues with that attitude."

"Well," I say with a sigh. "I gotta get going. There's a meeting today, right?"

"Oh right! Oh! And after that meeting, tell me all about your honeymoon!" All firmness at last disappears and she's back to her happy self. I give her a thumbs up and close her door with a tired sigh.

Gosh. I miss home already.

Unfortunately, the meeting is just a small talk on improvements. Apparently, someone had to do a horrible job with a client and they gave our company a long testament to how horrible we are.

Thanks a lot, Jeff.

We all tiredly watch our manager give us a long talk on how to treat our clients and the values this company has. My mind starts to wander off to Tyler and his father.

It gives me a small glimpse of my own father. I didn't have much interaction with him in my youth but my mind has blocked him out of my memories completely. They're so blurry except for that one night...

As the speech continues, my eyes catch Fabio watching me from afar. His eyes still burn but there's this...hunger in him that makes me want to run out of the room. I look away and cope with the burning feeling of his eyes on me.

Once the meeting is finally over, the manager announces an upcoming event for a law firm. I immediately know that it must've been Mr. Suarez's call. We all decide what to do. I quickly ask to have the musical part of the event and stay silent for the rest of the meeting. I know my cowboy will not let me down with his student friends.

I quickly walk away before Fabio gets near me, and enter my office with Anna and Gail. They both have big smiles and I know they are eager to know everything about my trip. I can only imagine their face expressions when I tell them about Tyler's friends.

But we get back to work when the fun is over. Besides, our boss has decided to just roam around the floor whenever she feels like it, so we better be working.

At one point, as I work on a few design ideas, my office phone rings and I answer it.

"Hey, Tessa," Anna says. "There's a woman on the line saying she knows you. She would like to speak to you."

"Name?" I open my agenda and look at the list of names I have to talk to today.

"Sherry."

"Sherry?" My finger goes down the list and there is no such name. "I don't have a Sherry today. Did she say what she needed?"

"She just insisted on talking with you."

"Okay. Just put her on the line. Maybe it's someone with questions about our company."

"Alright. She'll be on line seven."

"Thank you, Anna." I quickly change to line seven and say, "Good afternoon. How may I help you?"

"Tessa?"

My heart drops at the sound of this voice. A voice I hadn't heard in a long time. My whole body turns cold and I stop myself from shaking. I clear my throat and say, "I'm sorry. This is the wrong number." Before she can respond, I quickly hang up.

I look at the phone. She will be calling more often now that she's heard my voice. She knows it's me. A mother will never forget their child's voice...

As my heart slowly goes back to normal, I hear a small knock on my door. I hesitate. It could be my mother. Who knows?

But they knock again and I gently say, "Come in!"

I watch Fabio walk in. My heart once again shivers. What is it about this day? I want to go home...

Fabio closes the door behind him as his dark eyes burn through me. But there's a hint of guilt in his firm expression as he says, "I wanted to say that I'm sorry for my attitude in the morning."

I let out a scoff. "Don't worry, Fabio. I'm not the one you should be saying those words to."

"I know. But I still behaved improperly when you arrived."

"It's fine. Just remember that you are still an intern. You can close the door on your way out." I look down at my work and pretend to continue as my heart begs for him to leave. His presence makes me uncomfortable now.

But luckily, he leaves with a firm nod. I let out a small breath as I hear the door close.

What a day.

I've never longed to be home like I do now. I've forgotten how much I miss Tyler's arms at the end of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HOPE By rosegolden27

Teen Fiction

665 34 34
It was a bright, summer day. Mr. and Mrs. Evans were both in the hospital, ready to give birth. But they were really scared. It's their first child...
Promises By max

Fanfiction

9K 558 19
You and Tyler were inseparable as kids, often regarded as the dynamic duo of the small town that you grew up in. As teens, you often fantasized about...
179 17 10
"I Thought this would be a memorable day, having gathered confidence and courage to give this day my all, I scoff at how ironic I visualise this day...