Can't Say I Don't Love You (A...

By Alison_5201314

Sophie Elizabeth Foster. Daughter of William David Foster, Gang Leader of the most highly known and feared t... More

PLEASE READ THE INTRO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
The Spy In You teaser
Love You Forever teaser

Chapter 3

2.3K 36 115
By Alison_5201314

A/N: I sincerely hope you guys don't mind, I threw in a third person Gisela POV here... 'Cause like I said before, she's a good person in this AU... Hopefully that'll help y'all warm up more to her... At least here. :))

By the way, I have no idea how police systems work, so my apologises if any details here are wrong.

Note, Marella's uncle's name is fake, I made it up. (I have no idea how to pronounce it, for your information.)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

The day after, a pair of cops showed up at Wrath Headquarters.

Awesome.

She was taken in, of course. And she did it willingly.

Firstly, because Liam told her to. And that he would bail her out the first chance he got, then they'd work on who'd framed her.

Secondly, she was bored. At least being in the detention centre gave her some sort of amusement.

At that moment, she was studying the cuffs on her wrists, wondering if they'd come lose, or she could pick the lock, or she'd have to do it to the old fashioned way, and dislocate her wrists before removing the pieces of metal.

"If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it won't work," said the officer sitting next to her in the car.

She cocked her head. "What makes you think you know what I'm thinking?"

She studied the woman somehow, she looked vaguely familiar.

She was young for someone so highly ranked.

Maybe mid to early thirties or so.

Long, blonde hair tucked into a bun at the base of her neck, and calculating ice blue eyes. "Trust me, I've seen enough gangsters to know that you're considering dislocating your wrists to escape."

Sophie shrugged. "I didn't do it, so why should I be worried? I spent the entire night yesterday, getting lectured by my brother."

"There's evidence against you, I'm sure you know that."

"And there's very intense rivalry in triad gangs, I'm sure you know that."

The officer merely chuckled, and flicked off some imaginary lint from her uniform.

They didn't talk for the rest of the ride to the detention centre.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Gisela

Gisela didn't think the girl was lying.

She'd spent enough of her life pursuing her career to know how to perfectly read a person based on his/her reactions and words.

And Sophie Foster wasn't lying.

Sure, she was a carefree, rebellious teenager.

Sure, she was the Heir to Wrath, probably raised and trained in violence and brutality.

But she didn't seem the type to kill.

She didn't seem bothered by the fact that the murder she'd been accused for could land her in a home.

Based on intuition and instinct alone, she could tell.

Could tell that Sophie wasn't lying, that she hadn't done it.

But her words alone wouldn't do anything.

They needed solid evidence.

She was still at the detention centre, having been posted there for a few weeks to investigate the murder.

On the bright side, the centre was closer to her home than their Headquarters.

Gisela sighed, shaking her head. Then turned her attention back to her computer screen.

Her phone rang.

She picked it up. The caller ID read 'Son'.

"Yes?" She held back a groan, answering the call. "Yes, Keefe, what it is? I'm working."

"Yeah Mom, I figured," he replied with no little sarcasm. "Look, where are you? You left this... USB at home on your desk, and I feel like you'll probably need it."

She bit back a curse, knowing it was inappropriate to swear when her son could hear her.

The USB contained important documents she'd need for a virtual meeting with her superiors, and if she didn't have those documents, she'd very well get her head scolded off.

"Could you send it over? I'll need it later, yeah, thanks."

"And where, exactly, are you?"

"Posted at the detention centre for a few weeks investigating a case, it's just a few streets away from home."

"'Kay. So that's an excuse for me to go out, then?"

She sighed. "Fine. But get sidetracked after you deliver it, okay?"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie was having the most fun she'd had in a long time.

As she sat in the cold, isolated cell of the detention centre, waiting for a couple hours to pass before Liam could bail her out.

Apparently, she was considered a 'dangerous criminal' because she had 'murdered' someone, so she got a free cell to herself.

And they left the cuffs on, even though she had no intention of breaking out.

So, she spent the entire time watching whatever cops were at the centre rushing here and there, with a few occasionally giving her nervous glances.

It was hilarious, really.

Whenever they did that, she just returned the looks with a nonchalant smile and an innocent wave which sent them quickly looking away.

Typical. And amusing to know that even police officers got jumpy around her.

Not that she'd ever try anything.

She couldn't be bothered, as long as they kept to their businesses, and she kept to hers.

And even if she wanted to bother, Liam would probably kill her.

Sophie groaned, suddenly bored.

She managed to twist into a position with her knees to her chest and her chin resting on them.

It was the most comfortable position one could get in whilst their hands were stuck together, she supposed.

She yawned. Seriously, was the detention centre always this boring?

But then, that was when she saw a familiar blonde figure saunter into the room.

More importantly, a blonde figure that she'd specifically told not to be seen by her again, or she'd very well kill him.

Now that she'd seen him again, the first thing she noticed was his uncanny family resemblance between him and the officer that had escorted her there.

No wonder she looked familiar.

Clearly the guy's mother, especially as he walked towards her desk and triumphantly dumped something onto the table.

She nodded, and ruffled his hair, then dismissed him with no more than a grateful look and a flick of her fingers.

Yet, he stayed, starting a random conversation while glancing around the room.

Sophie wondered if he was as bored as she was.

She'd been squatting in the miserable cell for almost three hours now, and should Liam arrive before the fourth hour passed, she was pretty sure she'd hug him.

The boy looked in her direction.

Out of pure predatory instinct, she studied his face.

Handsome, in a I-don't-really-care-how-I-look-yet-I-still-look-awesome kind of way.

Ice blue eyes, like his mother, a jawline she could cut herself on, and artfully rumpled blonde hair.

His eyebrows raised at the sight of her.

She smirked, and gave another of her infuriatingly careless waves.

He blinked.

Then another blonde figure stepped into the room, escorted by an officer who was taking in the mere sight of him.

At that, Sophie grinned wider, and sat up straighter.

Liam.

He actually arrived before the fourth hour.

Though there was no way in hell she was really gonna hug him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

Keefe was surprised to see Sophie at the detention centre.

But he supposed, his parents did mention that she was suspected of murder.

Maybe they found concrete evidence.

Nonetheless, she didn't seem worried.

In fact, even as her wrists were cuffed, she sat in a lazed, casual position in her isolated cell, and smirked at him when he saw her.

Heck, she even waved.

Then, there was the young man that stepped in after him.

Tall, well built, blonde, eyes that matched Sophie's.

It was obvious that it was her brother. The resemblance was uncanny.

Without hearing his conversation with one of his mom's colleagues, he could tell her brother was there to bail her out. 

"Keefe, get out," his mom told him. The meaningful glance she cast towards the cell Sophie was in said a lot. "We have work to do."

He decided not to protest, instead giving her a sloppy salute before walking out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie only realised how much her wrists were rubbed raw by the metal after the same officer that sent her in unlocked it. 

Yikes, now they were red.

She murmured a thanks, turning to Liam and sticking out her tongue. 

Because she was oh, so mature.

He rolled his eyes and slung an arm around her shoulder. 

"We found out who it was," he mumbled, just loud enough for only her to hear as they made their way to were a few of their men were stationed around a black van. "We've got the culprit tied up in one of our bases, ready for you to do the honors."

"Of killing him?"

A flat glare. "That just puts more blood on your hands."

She snorted. "I know. Honors of interrogation, right? Got it."

As they piled up onto the van, she was met with a series of quick nod-bows as greeting and acknowledgement. 

She merely nodded in return and resumed with her conversation with her brother. 

"So have you guys found out which side did it?"

"We did. Courtesy of Marella, it was her uncle's right hand."

Sophie frowned in disgust. "How stupid can Earle Redek get?"

"That's what I said, then Marella said that calling her uncle stupid is an insult towards stupidity."

She snorted. That sounded like Marella. "So how soon can we get back? I'm ready for an afternoon of suffering."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N: I have decided that I'll stop asking for ratings from one to ten, and instead, I'll use an abbreviation: OTTR

It stands for One To Ten Ratings.

So yeah, I'm weird. But also, OTTR please? Thanks!!

Anyways, here's our QOTC:

What's your zodiac sign?

I'm an Aquarius, and I fully act like an Aquarius.

(I read that sarcasm, REBELLIOUSNESS and more introvertness are some traits of Aquarius, and yes I'M ALL OF IT.)

I'm fluent in Sarcasm.

Proper noun. Like, y'know.

*weirdness overload*

Alright, bye now!!

Word count: 1498 words

~Alison_5201314

;))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 1K 27
Sophie Elizabeth Foster was lost. With no way to get home, no way to find her way back to The Lost Cities. No way to tell her cognate Fitz, and no on...
9.2K 164 18
Biana has a massive crush on Keefe Sencen, brothers best friend, the cliche ultimate popular guy, cute, actually gets decent grades, the king of Exi...
126K 1.2K 25
♡︎Just some Sokeefe oneshots to keep you sane! ♡︎ The first few chapters are a little wonky, but it gets better, I promise! ♡︎ Votes, requests, and c...
306K 2.2K 24
Basically a Fan-fiction where Biana invites everyone over for a sleepover and that's how Sophie and Keefe get together. Including Biana sass, fluffy...