Two Sides of Light

By Kitkatgilmoregirl

This is a story based off of the Seven Deadly Sins and Ever After High. Neither are owned by me. Meliodas is... More

#1 Meliodas: The "Villian"
#2 Elizabeth: The "Hero"
#3 Shattered Fantasies
#4 A Blank Page
#5 Searching
#6 Where Do You Get That Smile?
#7 Mother
#8 New Students
#9 Study
#10 Detention.
#11 Back Off
#12 Why?
#13 Watch Out!
#14 Building Respect
#15 Gym
#16 Tournament
#17 I'm So Sorry.
#18 Book Of Fate
#19 Making Amends.
#20 Picnic
#21 I'm Used To It
#22 Found Ya!
#23 Meet Me.
#24 New Teacher
#25 Going On A Trip
#26 Drive.
#27 Check In
#28 Pool.
#29 Marks
#30 Drunk Mall Visit.
#31 I Need To Tell You Something.
#32 Leaving Alone
#33 Cooking
#34 Change Of Heart
#35 Torn Between How I Want to Feel And How I Do Feel.
#37 Shopping! (Sober This Time)
#38 Elizabeth? What Are You Doing Here?
#39 Prom Planning.
#40 Biology
#41 What're You Hiding?
#42 Setting Up!
#43 Outfits!
#44 Prom Is Finally Here!
#45 Something's Different
#46 Somethings Different: The Other Half.
#47 I Need To Talk To You.
#48 Rumors
#49 Change of Tune
#50 Magic Training!
#51 Stories Told.
#52 Unpleasant Memories.
#53 Visit.
#54 Potions!
#55 Going Back to Where Hatred Began.
#56 Get Her Back.
#57 Enchant.
#58 Spell's Like Trouble!
#59 The Fairy King's Forest.
#60 My fault.
#61 Split Up.
#62 Old Friends.
#63 Travels.
#64 Travels (Other Half)
#65 Changing.
#66 Change In Plans
#67 Burn.
#68 Reunion
#69 Separated Once More
#70 Confessions
#71 Waking Up.
#72 Game
#73 Finally Out.
#74 Back Home.
#75 Recap.
#76 Spirit Training
#77 Before
#78 Dinner Party
#79 Dinner Pary (Other Side)
#80 Answered Questions.
#81 Gift.
#82 A Shattered Will.
#83 Let Out.
#84 One Week.
#85 Burn.
#86 Blinding Fury.
#87 Faded.
#88 Memories.
#89 New House Guest
#90 Being Social.
#91 Reveal.
#92 Planning.
#93 Choices
#94 Words of Hurt.
#95 Prepare.
#96 Food Break.
#97 Levels.
#98 Attack.

#36 Thoughts.

202 23 107
By Kitkatgilmoregirl

Meliodas was nearly shaking as he waited for the two girls to pick him up. Of course most would say that was an overreaction to such a simple evening, and maybe it was. However the worried and scolding thoughts were blaring in his head and he was starting to struggle fighting them back.

Thoughts like 'what if they are angry and just invited me to get back at me for ignoring them' and 'do I even deserve their forgivness after how I treated them... do I deserve to be alone again' screamed in his head over and over again even as he tried his best to use positivity and logic against them.

If they invited me just to do something like that then they weren't the friends I thought I had anyway, and even if I don't deserve their forgiveness, that shouldn't stop me from apologizing in the first place. Besides, I doubt they're angry. Diane seemed so excited about today.

Maybe because she'd get the chance to hurt you how you hurt them.

No, she isn't like that.

Oh yeah? How are you so sure? You thought they weren't like that either and look how you turned out.. alllllll alone.

Continuing this war going on in his head as he fiddled with his jacket nervously, the blond barely even noticed when a black limousine pulled up until he heard the car door shut and saw Diane walk out.

The girl came from a surprisingly wealthy family who could pay for very nice transportation that she insisted she used so they could all have an even better time and enjoy their trip to the local mall- where Diane had determined they would go. Although Meliodas would've been fine walking too. He felt kind of bad for her going through so much trouble for him.

"Meli! You ready to go?"

He nodded and smiled shyly before very carefully getting in the car. He didn't want to mess anything up after all.

Closing the door and looking around as the smell of expensive leather hit him, Meliodas's hearts did a nervous leap at seeing Elaine sitting next to him.

She didn't seem angry and gave a sweet smile, but it was still very uncomfortable due to the fact that the two hadn't talked at all since before everything had happened with Ban leaving. At least the boy had planned this with Diane, he hadn't even been the one to tell Elaine about it, Diane had told her.

"H-Hi."

"Hi Meliodas. How are you? We haven't talked since.... anyway, are you doing well?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. How are you though? A-Are you still struggling with any of the subjects? I remember that science in your grade is very hard since it's when they start combining it with magic."

"Oh, actually I'm doing great. Thanks to your teaching I've been able to understand it a lot better and am even getting As and Bs now! Also yeah, science is pretty tough but I think I'm doing well with it. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the formula for-"

"Hey you two, as much as I love talking about school on a Saturday, there's something I want to show you really quick."

Diane pulled out a tablet and messed with it briefly before turning it towards the two sitting across from her to reveal several elegant dress designs that were each stunning.

"Oh wow Diane! Did you make those!?"

"Not yet E, these are just the sketches of what they'll look like. I figured that prom this year would be an excellent way for me to practice my skills and also to make some fun designs! After all, I need to get good if I plan to open my own boutique someday. Not to mention it'll get me some seed money for my business if I can sell some dresses for prom. What do you guys think? I haven't showed anyone yet and figured a second opinion would be good."

"They're amazing Diane! Especially that one with the bow over there."

"Oh the one inspired by the Southern Bell look? I'm glad you like it, it was definitely a bit experimental."

"Like it, it's a work of art Diane! You're so talented."

"Aww you're too kind. Would you like me to try to make that one for you for prom?"

"O-Oh, I'm not really sure if I'm gonna go."

"Of course you should go! It would be so much fun!"

"R-Really?"

"Yeah! Tell you what, why don't I make you this dress and if you like the way it looks, you go to prom with me and we can have a girls night!"

"I don't know.."

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! We can even pick up some fabric while we're here so you can pick the colors you want....."

The two girl's voices faded as once more he got stuck in his head.

Look how fast they moved on from you. They'll probably ignore you the whole time in the store. They're just fine without you, after all, they have other friends. Diane is really popular and Elaine has her brother and a few others. But you? You need them. Other then Elizabeth, you don't have anyone else. I mean, really... when was the last time Ban contacted you? He's only sent you maybe a few texts in the last two weeks to say hi. And how long will Elizabeth stuck around? She hasn't in the past and why would she? You're destined to be her enemy. Everyone will move on eventually... just accept that you'll always and forever end up alone again in the end-

"Hey Mel? What do you think about the dresses? I know it's probably not your favorite topic, but I'd like your input. Especially since if you see one you like, I might be able to make one for your prom date~"

Meliodas blushed at that, taking a second as he was taken from his thoughts on top of the fact that her comment made him flustered.

"O-Oh well I don't really have anyone to take.."

"Well then we can all go together! Just a good ol friends night! Besides, even if you don't I could make you a male version of one of these outfits if you'd like?"

"Oh you really don't have to, I wasn't even planning on going until no-"

"Please? It would mean a lot to us. It's a month away so you have plenty of time to think about it, it's just that we- or at least I- would love to share something like that with you. You're a good friend of mine!"

He blinked at that. Even out of the dozens of friends Diane had, she still considered him one of the closest? She... wanted him to be there with her?

Giving another shy smile, he nodded.

"O-Okay. I'll think about it."

"Yaay! Now can you take a look at these? Personally I think you look good in...."
_________________________________________

He smiled from behind his cage, at least a dozen chains wrapped around him even though they weren't what were keeping him there.

His dear friends to the rescue again... Oh well, I'm getting closer to him now. For years he's been tuning out my influence, but now.... with his closest friend gone and him at a vulnerable spot, it's getting MUCH easier to... suggest, him to go in a certain direction. Those "friends" of his won't be able to keep him from it for too long. And even if they do... he'll be visiting in less then a month now.... by then, I'm sure he'll be weak enough for another suggestion of breaking me free from here. And then finally, FINALLY, I'll get what I've waited for, for so long now..
_________________________________________

I hope you like the chapter! Comment what you think and more will come soon. The next chapter will be the actual shopping part. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 421 19
[ Book 1 ] [Complete] "I only wish.. for a happy ending." When too unfortunate servents of both the Demon King and The Supreme Deity end up dancing...
7.4K 160 12
A small, blonde child, who wants nothing more than to live his life happily, is forced through trials and hardship to achieve his desire. A lover cur...
20.4K 671 18
๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘บ has been keeping their relationship a secret and hidden for over ๐Ÿ‘,๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , One was a very powerful but handsome demon...
5.3K 226 9
This FF will explore the life of Meliodas 3000 years ago before he met the goddess Elizabeth. Summary: Prince Meliodas has to deal with countless ob...