Evanescent [GI Kaeya x Reader...

By Yinzy_Banana

[RE-ATTEMPT OF KNIGHTS •KAEYA X READER X DILUC•] ||Random and Slow Update!|| "Let go of my brother, he's inno... More

Prolougue
1. Entrance
2. Title
3. Joyous Tavern
4. Birthday
5. Anger
6. Rent
7. Downhill
8. Victims
9. Blue
10. Red
11. Dead
13. Shelves
14. Bandage
15. Arrow
16. Strings
17. Sunset
18. Loyalty
19. 5 Years Ago
20. Wedding
21. Invitation
22. Dress
A/N (ANOUNCEMENT!!)
23. Seized
24. Dance
25. Ballroom
26. |Kaeya's Route|
27. |Diluc's Route|
Special Big Thanks♡

12. Safe House

1.5K 71 36
By Yinzy_Banana

"Haha, it seems like you still can't get my name right."

"What are you talking about Sir Kariah? Your name is something that's always in my mind."

She faked a small giggle, playing along with whatever both of them had. "Oh, greetings, Captain Kaeya. I'm sorry I didn't know both of you have something to do."

Y/n shook her head, trying her best to smile friendly. "It's fine, Ms Lysafia. I'll see you soon," she greeted, changing her gaze to look at the man.

"Please wait a second, I'll come back in a minute."

"Of course."

She left them, walked back to the room for staffs. Kaeya and Diane were left alone, unfitting silence overwhelmed them, until one of them spoke一"She seems not to remember you."

He still managed to smile despite the fact something hit him right through his chest. "Is that how you see it, Ms Lysafia?"

She pursed her lips to a smile, daring herself to step closer to the captain. "It's a shame she quickly broke off her friendship with you just for a necklace."

No.

She did not.

She didn't break off their friendship because of a normal jewelry.

Or that's how Kaeya wanted to believe. "I'm sure Y/n has some other reasons." Playful hummings came from Diane's throat, stepping closer to him. "I heard from her father she has frequent memory loss. Or maybe she doesn't want to remember things?"

He shook his head once again, slowly rejecting her. But, did she really not remember him? Not even the slightest bit?

Afterall, he had been waiting for a year where they were reunited after again. Seemed like luck wasn't on his side for a while. But that wouldn't be the reason he's going to bring up.

Yet一just why would she keep a secret from him? "Ms Lysafia, please reconsider your words."

She let out a soft chuckle, before backing off from him. "Alright, man's love is scary."

Smile was still formed, yet the eyes were uneasy. "Ms Lysafia, just to let you know. I'm not一"

"Alright, let's go?"

He quickly turned his gaze to look at the lady in her usual outfit, leaving Diane alone in silence. "Of course, let's go."

...

They walked under the trees, slowly enjoying the silence they had out of the lively and crowded city. Such private and important conversations were certainly not fitting to be in a crowded place.

Sun shone above them, radiating the heat一thanks to the cool shades of trees, they weren't bothered by the warmth. Her mind couldn't stop trailing to the event happened not too long ago.

"...Thanks for helping me out."

He hummed, quickly answered with, "It's fine. Afterall, we promised to talk yesterday, didn't we?"

She nodded her head, unable to deny or spoke anything else. "I heard about the maid's death," he informed to her, which she nodded reluctantly. "We suspected it's because of she betrayed the deal."

She hummed again, not feeling anything in the slightest bit. She should feel guilty, yet why couldn't she feel it? "Things may go hard for you now. You may be targeted to be the next victim." All Y/n did were nodded, hummed, and stayed silent not until一

"I talked this out with Master Jean, so we decided to give a small protection for you until things are cleared. Anwyll will be discharged next week."

Did she not hear him right?

"A-Anwyll? But, there's no proof that he's一"

"It's clear he wasn't at fault. What kind of suspect killed a victim when she's going to admit the truth? But there's a chance for it..."

Wow, for once...

It made sense to her. Again, she only nodded her head, keeping her gaze to the road. "You can tell us where do you live and we'll一"

Ah, right.

"I appreciate your kindness and concern, however, I can't tell you一"

"It's also for your mother and brother's safety."

There was a moment when she shrugged, eyes avoided his charming gaze. "Well, we actually..."

She bit her lips, unsure on how to answer him. "we don't have a place to stay..."

****

"Thank you, Sir Kariah."

"Kaeya. Please, at least get my name right."

He smiled in a friendly way like usual, though deep inside he didn't like how she had never got his name right. "Y/n, here are some rules for you."

She turned her head, not giving him the slightest emotions to him. "Rule number one, no sending letters."

Well, that's fine by her. She didn't have a friend outside Mondstad anyway, or outside the city's gate.

"Don't go out, especially late at night."

That's also fine一wait, what? So that means she can't patrol for just a second? "And lastly, try not to contact with anyone."

"I rather be in a prison than this."

"We were about to, but we don't want to humiliate you."

"This is humiliating enough. What else am I not allowed to?"

Please don't forbid her from the job. Please don't forbid her from the job. Please don't一

"You're not allowed to work while your stay here."

Oh, okay.

Positive thinking!

"Then what about my brother?" She asked, glancing around the room. "We put him in another safe house. Two people in the same spot can be risky," Kaeya answered, still smiling like usual.

Just how could he smile at a time like this?

"And your mother... we're trying to find一"

"That's the past, wasn't it? The heart of loss isn't something you can say."

Silence devoured them, the house became ghost-quiet as what could they hear was only their own breath. Truth was finally exposed to someone she didn't know well一her mother died months ago.

Kaeya fell silent as well, his eye went wide for a second then went back to normal. But not the cheery eye he would beam to the world, maybe a sympathetic lilac eye.

"I'm sorry for your lost."

Oh, to be reminded of her lost was painful enough. As if something carved on her chest, making sure that mark wouldn't go away. "No, it's fine. You just know it afterall." Somehow, she couldn't remember the reason of her mother's death.

Was she murdered? Killed? Fell ill?

Come on, Y/n! It happened not too long ago!

Yet, what was the reason of her mother's death?

She quickly shook her head once again, crossing her arms and bit her lips by habit. "Anyways, what are the other rules?"

"A-ah, uhmm.." Even he was snapped out from the eternal silence. "Right, I'll be checking time to time, and don't forget to lock the door too. If something bad happened, set a fire or a smoke. We'll come right away."

She hummed curiously, before clicking her tongue to speak. "How are you going to know if you're far away?"

"We have people to keep on watch around here."

"Ah, right. Quite efficient."

"Thank you for the sarcasm."

She scoffed, looking to the other side. "Well, I'll make sure I obey the rules. Thank you for your time, Sir Kariah."

"It's Kaeya, Ms L/n. Kaeya."

"And it's Ms Airyotia to you."

***

"Ah.."

Finally, a nice warm bath.

She slid herself in the bath tub, from the tips of her toe, the wamrth crawled to her body. The tense was washed away quickly as soon as she landed herself in the warm water.

She lowered her body, only letting her eyes saw the surroundings. Things happened too fast which she couldn't remember what was actually happening.

Memories from her head turned一to just a vivid light, blinding almost every shards of her memories.

Putting aside the thoughts, Y/n sat up straight. Her e/c orbs rolled until they landed on a nice invitation card sitting by the sink where she put it on purpose.

Gladly, the sink wasn't too far from the tub so she could stretch her body to take it. And when she did, heart stopped beating for a while.

Despite the fact she was in the water, her legs were like noodles. Butterflies started to rise in her stomach, sending the moving vision to her head. She was nervous一afraid to know what would be written there.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Y/n's delicate finger tips carassed the golden letter that imprinted on it.

...

After changing herself to her night dress, Y/n took the letter, reading it in silence.

Her finger tips touched the opening as soon as she held it. What could the letter be? What kind of invitation was she getting?

Her e/c orbs trailed on the paper as her hands slowly opened the letter, revealing what's inside:

There comes a day where they met and fall in love.
There comes a time where they can't stand being alone.
And there comes the happiest day together with the everlasting love.

You're invited to Robert L/n and Diane Lysafia's wedding held at:

...

Silence.

How could they...?

How could they send such things during her breakdown? Why?

Why did her heart shatter into pieces?

She bit her lips, quickly covering it with her shaky hand. Her hands could never stop shaking, hell, Y/n could also feel her heart dropped to her stomach.

It sank deep down to the abyss where she couldn't hear a sound.

It felt like this wasn't her reality.

"H-how could you... Father?" Even though she had prepared herself for this, Y/n never knew it would be this painful.

"Why..?" Oh, how much she wanted to scream out loud. Tears fell from the corner of her eye, finally letting it flow. If only she could remember what her father promised her again, then... would she be able to remind him and stop him?

"Oh, poor mother... if she knew he had cheated with so many women not only just Diane.."

Her biggest regret was the time Y/n forbid her mother from having a divorce with Y/n's father.

If only they signed the paper together, will this happen? Will Y/n be able to move on from her father's action?

Sobs were heard from her as she tried to keep herself silent.

But how?

How to stay silent when the tears couldn't stop choking her? And the night was left with her unending sobs.

****

Knock knock

She started her day with getting ready, sweeping the floor, mopped the floor, and made a small breakfast for herself.

She put away her aapron, then walking to the door, opening the door ajar一revealed a familiar man.

"You're up already?"

Nevermind, let's close the door一

"Na-ah, I'm checking on you."

"Sir Kar一Kaeya, I might accidently smash your foot if I'm not aware."

That's right, one and only Kaeya Alberich. "Please let me in, people will know about this house." She sighed, finally letting him in.

"Wine or tea?"

"It's too early for a wine, so I'll go with a water."

***

"Wine or tea?" Oh my gosh, the memories! If you guys came from Knights, then you must be familiar with this iconic line Y/n always used when someone came in. I want to bring this back alive as a sign that this is a recreation from Knights.

I cringed too much trying to remember what I've written there. Anyways, hi!!

Two updates in one day一pog-
Just joking, I wrote the last and this chapter during the exam XD

Ah, thanks for reading! Please have a nice day and see you later!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 591 26
{SAGAU} [Various!Genshin Impact X Reader] As the prophecy begins and the red star begins to form, the manipulation from above only seems to increase...
29.7K 793 25
𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 Diluc,Kaeya and Y/n grew up together.They were inseparable.After the unfortunate events in the Ragn...
15.8K 734 13
)ೃ⁀➷ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴜᴛ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏꜱᴇʟʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. © oakycys ꜰᴇᴍʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀxᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ɪ...
4.8K 84 18
You and Kaeya are together and seem to have the perfect relationship. You're both knights, strong and powerful. You help bring peace to Mondstadt, ma...