𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧...

By 1-800-REG

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 ... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰... More

I. INTRODUCTION
II. THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING
III. BLACK LAKE
IV. SECRETS
V. LATE NIGHT
VI. ANOTHER BOY
VII. HOGWARTS EXPRESS
VIII. JUST A KISS
IX. CHRISTMAS PARTY
X. MERRY KISSMAS
XI. MORNING AFTER
XII. BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES
XIII. LOVEBITES
XIV. PREFECTS BATHROOM
XV. ASTRONOMY TOWER
XVI. RUMOURS
XVII. THE MARK
XVIII. BLACK BROTHERS
XIX. EXAMS
XX. SCHOOL'S OUT
XXI. BOOKSTORE
XXII. APOLOGY
XXIII. LETTERS
XXIV. DIAGON ALLEY
XXVI. SLYTHERIN DORMS
XXVII. BACK HOME
XXVIII. UNDER THE TABLE
XXIX. WELCOMING ARMS
XXX. FUTURE&DREAMS
XXXI. THE MEETING
XXXII. MOON AND STARS
XXXIII. SUMMER'S ARRIVAL
XXXIV. FINAL DAY
XXXV. EPILOGUE

XXV. SEVENTH YEAR

2.2K 63 39
By 1-800-REG

xxv. seventh year
- silks of heaven, chapter twenty five -

BY THE TIME SCHOOL had started again, James and Jasmine were still in the middle of their fight. Jasmine locked herself in her room, making sure to avoid him at all times, and James spent the last few days out and about, rarely coming home.

Their parents didn't notice anything, they had no clue that each of the siblings wanted to murder the other one.

Consequently, Jasmine didn't sit with the Marauders on the Hogwarts Express. She found Marlene, Dorcas, Lily and Mary in a compartment on the far end of the train and sat with them instead.

She felt out of place with them, not like how she felt with the Marauders. As they talked, she picked the string of her jeans and pretended to nod. The occasional "mhm" and "yeah" always helped.

"Jasmine?" Lily said, carefully nudging her friend. Jasmine only now noticed that she was zoning out, thinking about Regulus. "You're not listening, are you? Is something wrong? You and Regulus fighting ... again?"

"No, no," Jasmine said, "we're better than ever, actually. It's James. It's nothing, but we're just a bit mad at each other. Don't worry about it."

"Oh." That was all Lily said, before turning back to Marlene's rambling.

Jasmine's heart skipped a beat when she saw Regulus at the door of their compartment. The other girls saw him, but carried on talking. Jasmine stood up and slid the door open and shut again, so they couldn't eavesdrop on them.

"Reggie!" Jasmine cried. She flung her arms around him and strangled him with a hug, nearly toppling both of them over. "How are you?"

"You know, I wanna kiss you so badly," he said, completely shocking her. "But, I can't, because your friends are there. God, I wish we could quit this secret."

"Soon. Sooner than you think," Jasmine said. "Maybe even after I talk to them ... tonight."

"Seriously?" Regulus asked. His face lit up and a smile formed on his face. "Oh, that's great!"

Jasmine had completely forgot about her and James' fight earlier. All that mattered at the moment was her and Regulus. She put her hands in his and hugged him again.

"Did you get your own compartment?" she asked. "'Cause I'm not sitting with Crouch. Don't have a problem with him, or anything like that, but he's not the nicest."

Regulus laughed. It sounded different, Jasmine thought. He seemed genuinely happy ... for once in his life. She watched as his laugh faded down, but his smile still stayed on his face.

"I'm all on my own, don't worry," he said. "That's why I came over."

"Thank Merlin!"

He led her down the train, passing the younger years as they walked down. They were still walking hand in hand and Jasmine had a smile on her face. They passed the Marauders' compartment, and Jasmine noticed Regulus walking faster than ever at that part, which she was happy about. James shot them an icy glare as they passed.

"What's his problem?" Regulus asked when they finally sat down at his compartment.

"Gosh, don't ask," Jasmine scoffed. "He's an idiot, gets mad at me for everything."

This was a lie. She just didn't want to tell Regulus the truth because she'd have broken a promise about their secret relationship. It didn't matter, though, they were about to tell everyone tonight.

She put her head on his shoulder, their hands were still connected.

"I love you," she whispered, before drifting asleep.

THE GREAT HALL FELT darker than ever. The students were talking in scared, hushed voices, the teachers looked ill with fear and there was less light filling the Hall.

Jasmine knew why, of course, Voldemort gaining power. It was war, basically. And she was chosen to fight. Along with everyone else she cared about.

Apart from Regulus, of course, who was on the other side.

Seventh Year definitely isn't on a good start ...

"Silence," Dumbledore announced. "As you all know, Voldemort is only getting stronger and stronger everyday. His followers are growing and it's beginning to become unsafe. I've been informed that we have some — his followers, yes — of them in the school. We do not know who, otherwise they would not be sitting here, but we plan on finding out."

The students in the hall started talking to each other in hurried, quiet voices. Jasmine felt chills as she heard their conversations.

"The Blacks, of course," one said.

"I bet a galleon one of the Blacks is his follower," another said.

"Black."

"The Black brothers."

"Don't trust those Blacks."

"Silence!" Dumbledore repeated. "This will not stop us from having a good school year. I am recruiting overage students for the Order of the Phoenix. Some of you may of heard of this, some may not have. I hope this will keep us as safe as possible. No one is forced to join, but it will be highly appreciated. To know that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for us is honouring."

He took a breath in and looked at the Gryffindor table. Dumbledore smiled at the Marauders and Jasmine.

"May the feast begin!"

***

After the feast, the Gryffindors threw a party to celebrate coming back. Jasmine had decided to drink her feelings away, the stress of being asked to the Order and keeping it a secret got to her. She reassured herself that soon it wouldn't be a secret, but she still drank the stress away.

Sooner or later, her mind started to fog, and her energy levels rose.

"I've missed you, Pete," she said, hugging Peter. "You barely wrote!"

"I'm sorry," Peter laughed. "Jas, Jas, you're drunk."

"I know," she said, frustrated. "I'm — I have an idea."

She stood on the table in the middle of the common rooms. The other Gryffindors saw her.

Some ran to the table, making sure she wouldn't fall. Some merely laughed. Some, like James, scoffed and rolled their eyes.

But Jasmine just took another drink and cleared her throat.

"Fuck it," she began. "It's — what — 1977. Our seventh year! Holy fuck. Let me start by saying you can love whoever the fuck you want. I don't know what I'm saying  but I think the fact that —"

"Jasmine, get down from there."

It was James.

"Fuck you, James," Jasmine said. "As I was saying, I don't think we should hide who we like, or love, even. And I, Jasmine Potter, am in love with Regulus Black —"

"You're drunk, get down!" James repeated.

The other Gryffindors started watching after Jasmine had said that. None of them believed it.

"Yeah, I'm kind of drunk. But what I'm saying is true. Don't you forget it. I mean, why would you care who you shag? I don't give two fucks, I'll do anyone here, except James and Sirius and Remus and Peter," Jasmine slurred. "But I'm not going to! I'm in a happy relationship. Happy? That's an overstatement. We're on and off but I love him."

With the help of Sirius and Remus, James got Jasmine off the table.

"What the fuck is your problem? You're drunk, you're too good for Regulus Black and you need to get to sleep," James hissed. "Go!"

"Wait, Jasmine, you and Regulus — how long?" Remus asked. James glared at him.

"A while. Those two know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it was a secret," she said, softly laughing. "But James doesn't agree. He thinks Reggie is just going to hurt me again. Tell him to mind his business, Remu."

"She's got a point."

This was from Sirius, taking Jasmine by complete shock.

"I mean, at first I didn't think he deserved someone like Jas, but let's be honest, they're good for each other. And pretty in love," Sirius added. James rolled his eyes and took Jasmine's hand.

"Maybe I'll talk to her when her mind's set straight and she's not completely pissed," James said.

The three of them took her up to her dorm and Sirius and James went back down to the common rooms. Remus stayed, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Still can't believe you didn't tell me," Remus said. "I thought I was your favourite."

"You are," Jasmine mumbled. "I just promised Reg I wouldn't tell. Sirius walked in on us and I only recently told James because he's my brother."

"Are you guys fighting?" Remus asked suddenly.

"Yeah. He doesn't like me being with Regulus because ... apparently, he's going to hurt me again or some shit. James just asks too big for his boots," she said. "He's a fucking hypocrite who needs to get over himself."

Remus leaned over her bed and switched the lampshade off. Jasmine snuggled up into her pillow and tried to fall asleep. She heard him leave the room, but she still couldn't get any sleep. Her head throbbed and she could already feel a headache forming.

She forced herself to fall asleep, pushing her worries aside.

AFTER CLASSES, LETTERS WERE being sent out from Dumbledore. Jasmine got one, along with James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Mary, Marlene, Dorcas, Frank and Alice.

Jasmine opened hers when she got up to her dorm room, it was empty and quiet. She ripped the envelope open excitedly, even though she knew already what it was.

Miss Jasmine F Potter,

You are one of my most extraordinary students, alongside many more, particularly in your year.

Your talents are like never seen before and must be put to use. I've heard that Professor McGonagall has informed you about the Order of the Phoenix and the fact I am recruiting wizards and witches.

These talents of yours must be put to use and this is why I choose you, as well as your close friends, to join the Order of the Phoenix.

Mind you, this shall not be taken lightly. I know how you and your friends like to take things lightheadedly and misbehave. While at anything associated with the Order, I recommend you to not misbehave. Spend all the time pranking at Hogwarts, I don't mind, as long as you're taking the Order seriously.

Now, I won't sugarcoat it, the Order is very serious and you may be harmed while working with us. It is your choice whether you want to join or not, but joining will put a lot of respect onto your name, and help make our world a safer place.

Thank you,
Professor Dumbledore.

Jasmine dropped the letter, grabbed her pillow, brought it up to her face and screamed into it. She was far too excited about the Order.

She chucked the pillow back onto her bed and ran down to the common rooms.

"Did you get it, did you get it?" she cried, running up to the Marauders and Lily.

"The letters? You got one, too?" Lily asked. "Are you going to say yes?"

"Yes! I was invited by Dumbledore himself!" Jasmine said. "Are you?"

"We got invited, too," James said, looking up at her. She didn't look at him and turned to Sirius, Remus and Peter. Peter had an anxious look on his face.

"Cool," Jasmine said to James, still not looking at him. "You three?"

Sirius and Remus nodded, Peter was reading over the letter again, his eyes flashing with panic.

"Pete? What's wrong?" Jasmine asked him.

"Nothing, it's just a bit bizarre, isn't it?" Peter responded, his eyes still scanning the paper. Jasmine sat down and ran her fingers through her hair.

"It's a bit scary," Jasmine said. "Anyways, I'm off to see Reg. He'd wanna hear the good news."

"No," James said. "No, don't tell him. It's too early. We don't know if we're allowed."

"You're right, my bad," Jasmine said. "I won't tell him, but I'm still going to see him."

"Stay with us, we're going to celebrate," Sirius said. Jasmine sighed, but sat back down.

***

author's note:
thinking about how dumbledore
manipulated them all at this part.
anyways, everything goes downhill
after they get invited to the order so ..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
24.2K 1.2K 16
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
102K 2.6K 33
❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐫 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. ...