Play pretend.

By trynnabeawriter

that's all it was supposed to be, a game of play pretend, until feelings started to come in between. "Just pr... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.

Epilogue.

5.8K 301 59
By trynnabeawriter

                                          [4 YEARS LATER]

No one's POV:

Win was in the kitchen of his home, more of a mansion but he'd never admit it, making a decent breakfast of pancakes and fresh orange juice when Bright came downstairs, with a sleepy Lai in his arms.

He laughed at both of his boys, with similar grumpy faces, Lai was alot like Bright, with a hint of Win you could see here and there, call him crazy but he thought Lai also looked like both of them, and that he had both of their personality traits, at times Win even forget that Lai was adopted.

"Good morning baby" he greeted as he walked towards them and Bright puckered his lips for a much needed morning kiss when Win pecked Lai instead and messed his hair, resulting in an even grumpier Bright and he laughed as he walked back to retrieve his close to burning pancake.

Bright settled Lai settled in his special chair, whose face was in between his hands, ready to fall asleep, when Win announced, "Alrighty if you're gonna sleep then I'll give these double chocolate chip pancakes to Ame".

"NOOOOOOOOO MOMMY, LOOK I'M ALL AWAKE" Lai screamed as he held his eyes wide open with his hands, and there was the rare sight of him reminding Win so much of his own self, he dropped the pancakes in his plate and cut them up in small pieces.

He then proceeded to put the blueberry pancakes on his and Bright's plates, as he gave them to his husband and started walking away, but Bright had other plans as he pulled him back and Win almost landed in his lap.

"You woke up way too early" Bright complained while hugging Win's waist making Win chuckle as he leaned into kiss him, he pulled back a few seconds later, when Bright complained again, "Moreeeeeeee", "Lai is right there and you'll be late for your office" Win whispered and he pecked Bright's cheek and went to have his breakfast.

They got in the car half an hour later, 15 minutes late cause Lai didn't want to leave Ame and Bentley all alone, cause they would fight without him there, the real reason was that he didn't want to leave his parents but he'd forget all that when they reached the play school and he saw his friends.

Lai rushed to hug Bright as both of his parents got into their respective cars with Lai in Win's, "Come on baby, we're gonna be late" Win yelled as Lai rushed over to him. "Winnie when does your work end?" asked Bright, "I don't know, it'll be late though" Win's answer came and they drove on either side of the roads.

Win dropped off Lai, who was still getting used to the playschool, so Win had to leave him all the way inside and make sure he's okay, he did that and left to go.... to the airport.

The airport was chill with not alot of people around and Win was thankful as 10 minutes later he could see the two idiots clearly, bickering about taking the wrong gate or something like that.

Win dropped the coffee he was drinking in the trashcan and rushed towards them, giving them big big hugs, but what made him even happier was the little girl asleep in the stroller.

"Come on you idiots, my car's in the parking lot" he announced, when the tanner boy spoke, "Win we actually didn't want to bother you, we'll take a taxi there","Oh my God he came all the way for us, and I'm not gonna wait with Siyara till a taxi comes, it's hot out here, so get in the freaking car" the bulky boy shut him down and on they went bickering about something else until Win covered Siyara's ears and screamed...

"TAYNEW!!!!!"

Which quickly shut them up, "If you don't get in my car in the next 2 mins, I will leave you on the side on the road and I will take Siyara with me" he warned, and that was enough for both of them to scurry inside.

"What about the lovebirds?" New asked, "They've landed this morning, they're at the hotel 'resting' " Win answered with finger quotes, both of them giggled as Tay in the back was busy showing the just woken up Siyara all the passing views.

"Alright so I'll drop you off to the hotel and then, pick you up when it's done?" Win said, "What? No we're all gonna help, we'll just drop off these bags, take a quick shower and we can meet those two for lunch" Tay told him the plan.

"You know there's no need for that, right?" Win tried to change it, "Oh shush, already" New shut him down and off they went.

An hour later, they were on their way to lunch, Tay had rented a car and was driving with Siyara, New was way too excited to meet Lai so he left with Win to the playschool first.

The little devil ran towards them in a flash, with his little bag bouncing up and down as he crashed in Win's arms, and New melted at the cuteness, they got in the car after New introduced himself.

"Mommy can I talk to daddy? I wanna tell him about my new friend, uncle New" Lai requested from his baby seat, "How about this? You look at the trees outside and count them, while I'll see if he's free" Win decided and Lai agreed.

"Mommy?" New asked quietly, "He liked that, he went to this birthday party with P'Bai once and came back mad at me, cause I made him call me papa, apparently he saw that everyone had a mommy and a daddy, and that I was his mommy and P'Bai was his daddy as he always has been, and it's been like that ever since" Win explained and New melted at the little one's pureness.

They got to the restaurant half an hour later, and saw the lovers playing with Siyara, Win ran to them, laughing "God you guys are still so in love, Mew and Gulf like Romeo and Juliet" he spoke, and they all laughed as New picked Siyara up and put her in his lap, "Hey those two die okay? We're more like Mitch and Cam" Mew told Win and they laughed some more as Tay emerged from the washrooms. "God I'm so scared yet so excited to see him after so long", Gulf nervously expressed.

Two hours later, they were at Bright and Win's house, the lovebirds were working on the balloons as Tay helped with the cake, New and Win were putting the kids to sleep for a much needed nap, Win soon came out to the decorated living room, everything was almost done and they sat on the floor reminiscing.

The doorbell rang scaring them all, Bright was home.

Win went to open the door as the rest scurried to their hiding places, he opened the door, and gave his lover a peck and moved to the side with the door so Bright could stare in the darkness in confusion.

The lights flickered open, one by one, and they all emerged, with smiles on their faces so wide they couldn't hide them, no matter how hard they tried, and tears glimmering seeing their best friend who suffered so much right in front of them.

As for Bright, to say he was shocked would be an understatement, nope, rather he was frozen, the hairs on his body all stood up straight(unlike his sexuality) and his eyes showed emotion of every kind known to man since the start of time, but the endless tears, they gave it all away, he realized it then, it had been 12 years seen his mother's death, and exactly 12 years since he also stopped celebrating her birthday, but here he was, on the day, in his home, balloons of all colors on the walls, a beautiful cake on the coffee table, his best friends stood silent waiting for him to make the first move.

His husband held his hand and led him in gently as he closed the door behind, and they all came to him when he opened his arms wide, it was rare to see 6 grown adults crying endlessly, and 2 sleepy kids who had just come out the bedroom with teddies in their arms watching confusedly, cause crying was their job.

They don't know what they were crying for though, maybe cause they missed her, maybe cause they missed each other, maybe they missed depending on people to live but here they were, not ready to let go anytime soon.

This was a good idea, Win thought as he saw the idiots dig into the cake, his eyes shifted to Bright, he looked so happy watching Tay make a mess and New getting annoyed, Mew fed Gulf a piece and everyone groaned loudly.

The door bell rang again, and they looked confused, Win went to welcome Bounprem and Offgun, with gifts in their hands, Man came hollering in behind them with beers.

An hour later, Win stood at the kitchen countertop, a glass of wine in his hand as he looked at the drunken dumbasses trying their best to sing karaoke, Man was singing to some ex who broke his heart, and Gun was singing along, as Off looked offended and Win was giggling at that when two strong arms wrapped around his waist.

The familiar scent sneaking into Win's nose, as Bright rested his face in the dip of Win's neck, Win brought Bright's hand to his mouth, and kissed the back of it, "You liked it?" he whispered, "Words can't describe how much I loved it but maybe this will" Bright whispered back as he turned Win to him, they were face to face when Bright's lips met Win's in a drunken haze, Win tasted of candies and wine and Bright could never get enough of it, he could never bring himself to love anyone this much(Lai excluded).

You know how they say that the best memories of your life flashby right before you die, Bright felt like this was one of those moments, he pulled back and stared at Win, who connected their foreheads, and just stayed there.

That's when the realization hit him, "WHERE'S LAI?" Win yelled to no one in particular and they rushed to the playroom where Boun and Prem were playing with the little ones, in the middle of the toys, Lai spoke "Mommy, Daddy look, me and Siyara are playing a game uncle Prem taught us", "What game baby? Bright asked gently, "It's called Play pretend" Lai answered.

Win and Bright looked at each other and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOO!" as they ran to separate the two kids.

                                                  THE END.

Author's note:

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I started this book cause I was bored one night and thought I should give it a try since it was unlikely for anyone to even read it much less come across it, and I'm ending it now with so many of you waiting for the ending, thank you to the ones who gave me the much needed motivation so I could keep going, you guys know who you are, to the ones who take time to comment(my favourites), and to the ones who vote on every chap, or even to the ones who silently read, I love you all baddies, I hope you loved reading Play pretend as much as I loved writing it, this book is my baby and writing this chap gave me so many emotions, this was my comfort place and to think it can no longer be fucks me up, nonetheless, let's hope I write another book soon, thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 2K 10
Win got drunk and slept with Bright after he stole his ex girlfriend. Bright had other ideas to get pay back at Win. [Mature 🔞] fluff, smut, and gay...
163K 9.6K 41
A vampire that falls in love with a human story but with a twist........ Win Metawin, the social outcast of his university was constantly being coerc...
38.7K 2.6K 12
Thirteen years later, lovesick Tine Teepakorn met arrogant Sarawat Gunthithanon and decided his childhood best friend had changed so much. Or so he t...
13.5K 1.1K 10
"Now you are stuck with me until I die... You can kill me and end it... but only if you get to know who I am. And guess what? Your only omega will be...