Rise of the Guardians One-Sho...

By lostgirl2411

Here are just some stories of family love between the Guardians. Some surprise friendships between others, an... More

Sugar Highs and Secret Lies
The Dangers of Boredom
The Steps of Saying Goodbye
Bonding Over Memories
Pink Eye
The Voice of Change
We Promise
Thunderstorm
Lynn
Where's Jack?
Please Don't
The Boy of Old
What really happened, Sam?
"Jackie Boy, What Have You Done?"
Holding on, and Letting go
Jack's Past pt. 1
Jack's Past pt. 2
Jack's Past pt. 3
Jack's Past pt. 4
Jack's past pt.5
Jack's past pt 6
Resting
Jack's Past pt. 7
Exhausted
New Ideas & Requests
Jack's Past pt. 8
The Little Moments - Sandy
The Little Moments - Tooth
The Little Moments - North
The Little Moments - Pitch
The Little Moments - Bunny
Sick Day
Fading Promise
Please Read...
Fading Promise pt.2
Parent Protection
Guardians vs. Seasonals
Guardians vs Seasonals pt.2
Guardians vs Seasonals pt.3
The Secret Meeting
Guardians vs. Seasonals fin.
Silent But Dangerous
Promises Change
The Playlist
Callahan
Natasha & Denver
Emily
Ares & The Seasonals
The Ending
The Beginning
Still a Trickster
Lapse in Time
An Unlikely Friend
I'll Always Find You
Earlier than Expected
New Ways
Character Descriptions
It's Hard Sometimes
Sketching
hope ur okay
Memory Loss
Memory Found
Forgotten Fear
Sadly Caught
Loud Mouth
Bonding Moments
Remember What I Taught You
The Full Story
Connections
broken comptuer
Restart
Manny
A Crush
A New Chapter
Chapter 80
SUPRISE!
SUPRISE pt. 2

Overthinking

993 26 19
By lostgirl2411

*to one of my other frequent readers, Origin_Writer1, your request is up next. I promise I have not forgotten it! I do have a plan with your idea that I really think you and everyone else will enjoy :)

this is another request from @Angie04005 ! Jack begins to think about what if Lilly and Aster ever want a child who is a pooka? what if they don't want a human child anymore? what if they aren't truly happy with him anymore? It's an overthinking situation that sends him into a big emotional state...

with that being said, I hope you guys like this one! I think this might be one of my favorites. 

-------------------------

Jack watched as Lilly played around with a group of the kits that were surrounding the women. He had been helping in the gardens as best he could without touching the water they were using, getting stuck on putting the plant seeds down. He watched as Bunny walked up from behind with the rest of the men. He looked on as Aster and Lilly then began to play around with the kits that were hopping around and felt a pain in his chest. 

It had been happening since last week, him closely watching their actions when it came to kits. He had been thinking about it a lot. Did they want kits of their own? Would they leave him? He knew they had plans in the past to of course have kits but did they want to try now. He knew if they did, he couldn't stay. They would need space to have their kit or kits if they had more than one. It was possible for pooka's to have twins or even triplets at the time.

"Jack, are you okay?" He jumped, looking away from them to find Ridley standing behind him with a worried look. He swallowed before nodding about to speak when he saw his uncle glance down, his ears going back slightly. Jack looked down to see that he had slightly frosted the grown below him. It was a clear sign that he wasn't okay. Jack still hadn't fully gotten his control back, he knew he needed to let it out but didn't have the time. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ridley shook his head, no Jack was not fine. His eyes were glassy and red while his feet frosted the ground. He was extremely upset about something and it was something big. 

"No you're not, you look like you're about to cry. What's wron-" Jack coughed, shaking his head before letting the wind pick him up. He turned his head to wipe at the tear that fell. Why was he so emotional right now? Was it because he hadn't let himself think this far? He cleared his throat before making his face blank, looking towards the worried Ridley. 

"I'm fine. Tell them I'm gonna be late getting home, there's a snow storm in Japan I have to go see about." Ridley watched with a slight fear as Jack took off, leaving behind the frosted ground and a frozen tear that had fell. He stood where Jack had been to look at what he may have seen but all he saw was Aster playing with the kits. It didn't click in his head like it should have but Ridley felt a horrible chill down his spine. Something bad was going to happen.

-------------------------

Jack had to get these emotions out. He couldn't just make a snow storm and be done with it, there was to much power inside of him to do that. He stared off at the skyline. He knew where he should go to release all of it but the idea of going to Mount Everest to release it sounded fun. He needed a risk. Jack Frost, in all his years, never risked going to the top of that mountain. The wind never took him that far. But he needed it today. 

"Wind, take me to the top." It resisted. He frowned as his wind tried to push him back, away from the mountain. He huffed before trying to push forward in the air but was pushed back again. Jack felt ice form on his hands as he got mad. 

"Either you take me up there or I'll walk, up to you." The wind howled in disagreement. She was trying so hard to keep him away, to get him back. Jack going into a risky climate like this was a bad idea. His emotions were on an all time dangerous high and the wind control up there wasn't hers. It belonged to an old forgotten wind current that was to wild to ride. 

"Fine, looks like I'm walking." Jack jumped off the current, landing in the snow on the hill as the wind cried out. He turned his staff side ways as he put it in his hoodie pocket so it wouldn't be in his hand. Without the staff in his hand, the wind couldn't catch him and he couldn't fly. He took off walking. It wasn't a big deal. He just needed to get to the top and release his energy. 

Jack really didn't take time into consideration as he had been walking for a very long time. He had gotten far though, very far. He hoped he wouldn't see a body that he had heard about where people try to climb the mountain. It was strange how the air quality wasn't affecting him but he could tell it had definitely gotten lighter. Another thing, the wind was different. Now he understood why his wind didn't want him up here. She couldn't reach him. 

It was a longer time and he was at the top. Jack couldn't describe what it looked like but it was beautiful. It was then he knew this was a great place to let his power out. Jack took a deep breath as he kneeled down to flatten his hands on the mountain. His skin started to glow as he felt all his sadness gather into his power. It was the deep howl of the new wind that made him gather more courage to let it out. 

A pain went through his chest as he let it out, the power exploding around him and the new wind taking it out and away. Jack hoped this wouldn't back fire on him. His eyes felt heavy as he realized he let to much out, he slowly leaned against the mountain wall he was beside. All he needed was a small nap. 

Jack didn't realize with how much he finally released, as his body slowly felt as if it was going into a deep sleep. His last thought was a sad one and a spike of fear.

Aster and Lilly wouldn't have this problem with a pookan kit of their own...

----------------------
that night: Warren

Aster stared out at the kits playing with some of the teenage Pooka's you could say. He looked around wondering where his teenager was. Bunny hadn't seen much of him since they had gotten done with the gardens. It was strange not to see Jack around during the day. He didn't have winter season in just yet so there was no reason for him to be gone. He frowned as he looked for Jack's scent but found nothing. 

"Lilly, have you seen Jack?" He looked to her as she looked up from planting a flower in the area beside him before she stood up looking around too. 

"No, last time I saw him he was talking to Ridley." They both looked at each other before putting their things down to find his brother. Everyone had noticed that Jack was distancing himself from them and how something was wrong. Eleanor had come to him asking if he knew what was going on with Jack but he didn't know. They found Ridley talking to Liam with a worried expression. 

"I don't know if I should tell them, he said he would be back but he hasn't come back and its night time." Aster felt a chill go down his spine at his brothers words. Lilly became worried as she heard that Jack had left and was upset. 

"Ridley, you better explain what's going on now." His brother looked at him but then glanced to his right side where his mother had come up with a frown, his father following fast. They both looked rushed and worried and he didn't understand. Liam shifted back and forth at the seriousness surrounding all of them but it was him who noticed the elf running behind him. 

"Aster, North has summoned us. Something is happening." There was nothing else said as the ground opened, a hole to where Aster jumped as quick as he could as his family followed. 

----------------------

"Meteorologist say that this is the biggest snow storm that could ever hit the surrounding areas of Mount Everest. The storm was sudden and seems to be growing more and more by the hour. A report has been given that a group of mountain hikers went on the mountain nearly two days ago, a search party wants to be together but it is to risky..." 

The radio announced as everyone sat around. Tooth couldn't sit down as she listened, North had summoned them all the hear the news report that Phil had caught on the radio near the stables that he was cleaning for the reindeer. Callahan sat with his arms crossed as he chewed on his nail. He knew that Jack had more power now and wondered if this was something, he glared up at Liam wondering if he did anything. 

"Aster, is that Jack? What happened?" He shook his head as Natasha asked the question. Nothing had happened that he knew of, nothing. There hadn't been anything that had happened between Jack or anyone in the tribe. Liam hadn't caused any major fights that could lead to anything. He hadn't been out of the Warren to see anyone else.

"There's been nothing that could happen, Natasha. The boy hasn't even left the Warren except for when he came here to the snow." Ares spoke, he looked at Pitch who was standing away from them as he had his eyes closed to see if there was any fear at all coming from Jack. Everyone was trying to find out what may have happened as they sat around. The doors opened to show Seraphina as she walked in. 

"The storm is caused by Jack, it's being spread by an ancient wind that hasn't been used in a very long time. It resides in the high atmosphere. I don't know why Jack would even be there." They all went back to thinking as they thought about it. What could upset Jack that much that he goes to a mount he knows could be dangerous and release this much energy? Seraphina had sent some summer spirits to control a heat around the storm. 

Ridley bounced his legs as he tried to think. He was making a list of everything he saw, counting them down as he repeated them in his head. 

1. He walked up to a zoned out Jack.
2. Jack was staring straight forward as his hands trembled. 
3. His eyes had become red from trying to hold back emotion and his feet froze the ground. 
4. He confronted him and Jack flew off
5. He took Jack's spot and saw that the only thing he was watching was Aster with the kits. 

Ridley went over and over again until it finally clicked. He glanced up to see Aster and Lilly both severely upset due to their kit being missing and now the large snow storm that only a deep emotion could bring. He looked around as everyone was thinking. Ridley took a moment to go over the fact that Jack was used to it just being them, just Aster and the other Guardians. It wasn't meant to be other people that connected to Aster. There never was a way for Aster to possibly have another kit. 

It all made sense now. Jack had been watching Aster play with the younger kits. He knew that Jack's thoughts were strong, his bad thoughts, the overthinking. He went back to when he was young as he watched his parents with the tribe kits wondering, "would they have another kit?", "did they want more kits other than him?", "would they replace him?" 

"Aster, has Jack mentioned anything about the kits around the other Warren?" Everyone looked at Ridley's weird question. Emily read his face like a book as he stared at Aster but she looked to the parents then turned to everyone else. Why was Ridley mentioning kits? She gasped as it clicked for her too. Pitch opened his eyes to look beside him at her gasp, he frowned. She looked up at him with a worried look. 

"What if Jack is thinking about Aster having more kits? You know Jack, he might think that Aster and Lilly would want him to leave so they could have some of their own." Pitch pressed his lips together in a grimace as he believed it. It made him focus in on a strong fear that he had connected with from Jack. The memories that attached to the fear flashed in Pitch's mind. 

An image showed Jack watching Lilly holding a kit as Pitch heard the thoughts in his head, 

"They probably want kits of their own. It would make sense, that was their plan. Their kits would look so good." 

A new point came across when Jack was sad as he watched a kit sneeze just due to him near, 

"A new born kit wouldn't be able to handle my cold, if they had one I would have to leave." 

Pitch shook his head as he heard the thoughts attached to the fear coming from Jack. He felt a nightmare coming from Jack where he was, that was his way to get to Jack. At least he knew that he was fine. He opened his eyes to see Emily still looking at him. He placed a hand on her cheek before kissing her forehead. 

"Aster, I found him. I'll bring him back. I believe you and Lilly will need to speak with him alone." No one had time to question him as Pitch grabbed the large fur blanket from the back of the couch and disappeared into a shadow.

----------------------

Jack was going in and out of sleep as he dreamed of having to leave the Warren. He couldn't really wake up but then again didn't want to. He would have to face the idea that it may be true. If Aster and Lilly wanted kits, he would have to leave because of the cold. They would need room for them too. Would they forget him? Did they want him out? His mind went on overdrive as he couldn't control his thoughts. 

"-ckson. Jackson, wake up." He felt someone shaking him as he opened his eyes. Pitch stood in front of him, the wind blowing his hair everywhere as he watched the shadow shiver. A blanket was placed on top of him as Pitch was tapping his cheek. He focused in as the man lifted him, wrapping the blanket around him. 

"Jack, you need to bring it in. You're spreading a very dangerous snow storm." The words took a minute to register in Jack's brain. He was making danger. He needed to bring it in. A fear rushed through him that he was destroying everything. He had to go and be dramatic. 

"Jackson, focus. There is nothing to be afraid of. Just bring it in like you always do." He took a shallow breath as he snuggled in closer to the blanket and Pitch himself. It took a while but the rogue wind stopped howling and the snow stopped being a blizzard as it became a slight flurry. Pitch ran his fingers through his hair as he allowed some shadows to cover him for warmth. 

They sat there for no one knows how long as Pitch comforted him. He tried not to focus on anything other than the warmth on him. He didn't want to go back to what he was thinking because now he realized he was being over dramatic towards everything. Bunny had promised to never leave him and he believed him.

"You know, I will be taking you to Aster and Lilly personally to talk about it. I feel your fear and see what you are afraid of. No one is allowing you to run from this one." All Jack did was nod before the shadows wrapped around both of them to take Jack home. 

-----------------------

Jack sat as he played around with the edges of the blanket, ignoring the stare that was coming from Aster. Lilly had gone to get some water for him considering he did pass out on the mountain. He finally couldn't take it as he glanced up to see the concerning look from his father. He looked back down as Lilly walked in. She sat down before looking at him too. 

"What happened, Jack?" He turned away from them as he looked out the window. The sun was going down as he glanced as it before turning back to his hands. He sighed as he leaned back. He couldn't hide things from them anymore. He needed to trust them. He had promised Bunny a long time ago to always be truthful, they were a family. 

"I-I've been thinking about how...how maybe you would want kits of your own." Aster's ears twitched at the sound of Jack's small voice. He couldn't stop his look towards Lilly as she looked at him, her ears slightly going back but a soft smile on her face. He was about to speak when Jack started going again. 

"And I know that with kits you would need room. And kits, they can't handle my cold at a very young age so I would need to...leave." Bunny couldn't held himself as he got up and moved to crouch in front of Jack. He put his hand on his shoulder as he tilted Jack's head up. Him and Lilly had talked about it while Jack was asleep. They didn't want kits. They were perfectly fine with just having Jack. 

"Kit, listen to me." Jack glanced up at Lilly who was just smiling at him then at Aster who was just looking at him softly. 

"We have talked about kits and we both agreed that we didn't want any new kits of our own. Maybe one day but we don't even know if that could happen. When Lilly was brought back, Manny told us he made Lilly, Ares, Eleanor, and my brothers immortal. They are now a part of the power of Easter." 

Jack let out a rush of breath as he looked between the two. 

"So, so you wouldn't ever want to have me out of here so you can live alone to-" 

"No, Jack. Never. You are our kit and we want you here. You are my kit, it doesn't matter if you're human or not. Everyone knows that you are mine." Jack swallowed as he pushed down his emotions before leaping forward and hugged Bunny tight. Lilly hid a smile behind her glass of water. 

That night, Bunny and Lilly made Jack sleep with them like a child. He tried to refuse it because it was a little much but they growled at him. He laid in between them as he curled up, not being able to resist sleep. Bunny let out a low purr as Lilly was the one petting his hair. Aster nudged at his forehead before leaning back, 

"You're not leaving again, Jackie. Not now, not ever." 

-----------------------

I hope this was a good one! I am sure that at some points it may seem a little dramatic but it felt right. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 129 7
|Fantasy AU| |Status: Complete| WARNING: You WILL cringe. (It's still a good read, if I do say so myself) Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter...
2.9K 162 30
Even though I've written 4 stories I still have no idea how to write a description. If you've found this book and haven't read pt. 1 and pt.2 then I...
41.4K 1K 21
When the evil Pitch Black threatens the children of the world, (Y/N) and Jack are chosen as two new Guardians to defend them. The only problem is, no...
21.6K 595 20
You are the daughter of Jack Frost, you've been raised in the school and know every twist and turn, secret passageways, and the best spots to confess...