ALIVE ༄ SUNA RINTAROU

By outerxpce

y/n, the good friend of the miya twins, gets invited to suna rintarou's house. but what can happen when a goo... More

1. miss goody-two-shoes
2. icecream and to-go ramen
3. staring contest
4. before the rematch
5. rematch
6. study bud
7. friends
8. thoughts
9. lunchtime
10. set-me-up
11. you guys are dating?!
12. just another sunday
13. a misadventure
14. no words
15. even more secrets
16. the plot thickens

17. concerned friends and 'friends'

33 1 0
By outerxpce

Y/N's POV

my dad came home first. i sat at the dining table, pretending to study, while he walked through the door with a box of food in his hands and a tired expression worn on his face. his eyes lit up when they saw me, but they saddened after realizing the time.

"what are you doing up so late? are you feeling better?" he asks.

"just studying," i say with a forced smile. it was tough seeing him like this, especially knowing what was going on behind his bedroom doors.

"oh," he walks slowly over to the kitchen. "would you like some food?"

i shake my head. "i already ate. do you know when mom's coming home?" dad's posture stiffens up a bit. he checks the clock, which reads 11:25.

"probably soon. she's been quite busy lately." he brings a plate of his dinner over and sits across from me. "i'm not distracting you, am i?"

"no," i give him another smile and turn my attention back to the textbook in front of me. my mind was buzzing with questions, but it wouldn't have been fair for me to unload them all on my father. plus, i needed to hear both sides of the story. what if my dad did something instead of my mom?

my dad finished his dinner pretty quickly, not eating much. he got up and went to take a shower, and all of this took around 15 minutes. mom was still not home, and i was starting to get sleepy.

i sigh and watch my dad turn on the tv. he sits before it on the couch, however, he doesn't watch it. instead, he closes his eyes and listens... or sleeps. i rest my chin on my hand and let my eyelids hide my eyeballs. slowly, at some point, i doze off too.

//

my neck was killing me. i sat up straight and stretched it out, but it was definitely not comfortable. the other senses began waking up too, leading to the awareness that a blanket was draped over me. i rub my eyes and look around the dining room, where i had fallen asleep. the clock came into focus.

5:37.

i had slept for nearly 6 hours! my limbs stretch out a little more and i push myself up into a standing position. dad was asleep on the couch.

carefully, i walk over to my parents' room, which was slightly opened, and take a peak inside. the bed was empty, and it was still made. it looks like mom didn't come home last night.

i chew on my lip and shut the door. though i wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, things were not looking too positive for her. maybe i should give her a call. if she picked up and gave me a reasonable explanation, i'd forgive her more easily. if she avoided my call, well...

i head to my room and grab the phone that was still on the charger. it was too early for this, and i still had school in a few hours, but where the hell was she? maybe she was in trouble...

air comes in through my nose and when i release the breath, i let my mind clear up. stop worrying, just do it.

i type in my mother's phone number and hit call. the phone dials and i wait for her voice to end the dial tones, but her voicemail comes up instead. she hadn't given me a text or anything either. lovely.

i don't bother giving her another ring and instead set my phone down. sluggishly, i get ready for school.

//

i was ambushed. or at least that's what it felt like. who knew my presence in the classroom was one that people cared so heavily on?

when i entered, i had people who i've barely ever taked to asking me where i was and why i was gone. the teacher was concerned too, but i told her i was just feeling unwell. kara hadn't approached me, but i could see her eyeing me from my peripheral.

class was the same besides that strange welcome, and i didn't miss much. it was during lunch that kara finally decided to break her silence and contront me.

"why haven't you been answering my texts, y/n," she asks casually while taking the desk next to mine. i take out my lunch and open it up, slowly. once it's opened, i respond.

"my phone died."

kara lets out a laugh. "you can just charge it you know. i was worried!" yeah, right. worried that the date with suna had fallen through. "are you feeling better?"

"mhm," i nod through a mouthful of food.

"good! i tried asking atsumu about you yesterday, but he gave me this nasty glare. i thought i might've done something wrong," she breathes out a sigh of relief, and i glance at her. her body seems relaxed, and she looks pretty today. like always.

i think for a bit. do i soften the blow on her or tell her upright about the situation?

"suna decided to cancel," i say. kara's smile disappears, and she straightens up her posture.

"um-," she clears her throat. "did he give a reason why?"

i chew my food slowly, watching her. i bet this was making her uncomfortable— my silence.

"kara."

"yes, y/n?" every word that comes out of her mouth makes me mad. i think of replies that would shatter her front, but what if i kept this going? what if i played along and broke her?

i couldn't do that. we used to be friends.

"i just don't think suna's interested," i say, softening the blow despite my feelings towards kara now. her reaction is completely different as she drops her smile and narrows her eyes.

"i fucking knew it," she mutters, getting up from the desk beside me and going back to her own. part of it stung, having lost a 'friend' again, but knowing that she never had the intention of rekindling our friendship was good enough for me to now dwell on it too much.

in a way, it feels like a weight has been lifted. just slightly. i still wasn't sure what would come of the whole suna and twins situation, but at least i got rid of kara for now.

now in peace, i eat my lunch and go on about my school day as normally as i can.

//

the twins were outside my door. there was no way they skipped practice with a tournament coming up so soon, yet here they were. i felt a little guilty, but i couldn't shake off the anger either. however, i had to hear them out. this just didn't make sense, the twins wouldn't intentionally hurt me like this, right?

i open the door and glance back and forth between atsumu and osamu.

"osamu, you can come in and talk. he has to wait outside," i manage to muster up the courage to say this with a flat tone. osamu glances at his brother and gives me a nod. i step aside and let him in, closing the door behind him. osamu stands awkwardly, waiting for me to direct him somewhere.

"couch is fine," i say. he nods and takes a seat, but still holds that rigid posture. i sit at the single couch, making myself as comfortable as i could in this situation. even if my mind was all over the place, i could at least remain physically composed.

"how are you?" osamu asks. "you weren't at school today, and weren't answering any of our texts and calls. we were getting worried."

"we?" i let out a scoff. whatever guilt i was feeling earlier is gone, and had been fully replaced with distaste. "if atsumu cared, he wouldn't have placed whatever wager he did with-," suna's name doesn't make it out of my mouth.

"no- i don't- it's-," a heavy sigh comes from osamu as he runs his hand through his grey-dyed hair. "i don't know what suna said to you, but i can assure you that it wasn't as bad as what you're thinking. he can be such an ass sometimes."

"then explain osamu. please," the last word comes out a little more strangled than i meant for it to. osamu's figure relaxes a bit, and his facial expression softens.

"well, to preface this, both of us are genuinely sorry." why does this feel like a break up scene in a movie? main character vibes, haha.

i rub my eyes and shake my head. my brain should be focused right now, not monologuing pointless things like that.

osamu notices, but doesn't say anything. he continues. "sumu and i told suna about your plan after you left our place. and before you get mad at us for that, we only told him because we knew he liked you, so-,"

"wait," i interrupt. "no."

"no?"

"no, he doesn't like me." i shake my head, feeling my heart beat quicken. osamu furrows his eyebrows.

"uh... yeah he does. he's been crushing on you for a while," osamu states nonchalantly. i blink twice, unable to fully process his words.

"no?" i say in more of a question than anything. this was definitely unexpected.

"believe what you want, y/n, but it's the truth. anyways, suna told us that he was going to make his move with you the next time you two hung out, so..." he trails off, letting the situation speak for itself. "obviously, he's an ass who doesn't know how to manage his emotions and twisted this whole thing. so stupid." he says the last two words under his breath.

honestly, everything that osamu was saying made me feel way better, but there was still a pit in my stomach that i couldn't explain.

"but why? what? i don't understand," my head was spinning, unsure of whether to fully believe this or not. suna liking me? why?

osamu lets out a sigh, but not directed towards me. "suna... he just- he's hard to get close to." he doesn't say anything more. no elaboration, just those simple words.

//

author's note

hehe... hello... it's been a while.......... 2+ years to be exact...

SORRY :'( so much has happened these past few years, and wattpad was just not my preferred platform anymore... TOO MANY ADS! i miss old wattpad

but!! i do still want to continue this story! i see people still commenting and adding this to their reading lists, and i am truly so honored and grateful <3

i won't lie, i don't remember all the little things i had planned for this story, but as i reread it all and continue writing, i'm sure i'll develop something ;) including some relationships... hehe

stay tuned! i promise the next chapter won't take 2 years. love u guys,

- m :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 192 23
Y/N Suna is twins with Rintaro. It's her first day of being a second year at Inarizaki High and she is one of the top three-setters in Japan. After b...
217K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
328K 8.7K 59
𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐌 (PRISON x MODEL AU) ✩‧₊˚ [COMPLETED] ˚₊ ‧✩ "𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙞𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 �...
3.6K 96 10
It was your first day of school at Inarizaki High. Your 4 Onii-chans (one of them is Rintarou Suna) came to wake you up. You were honestly not excite...