Stuck in a Fantasy

By mjorgensen5

Everything about Kyna was designed to draw people in. Her parents had carefully selected every feature she ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Next Book

Chapter 29

66 4 0
By mjorgensen5

I panted as I took a break. My hands rested on my knees and I looked up at Drake. Sweat fell down his face and down his bare chest. "You need to give yourself a break. You'll end up killing both of us if you don't," Drake argued.

"I want to get this!" I told him as I stood up straight.

"Cara said it took her almost a month to teleport. So stop being so hard on yourself. It's only been three days, you have time," he reassured me.

I groaned and threw my ponytail over my shoulder. "I had control over summoning far before Cara did. I know I can do this," I said

"I know you can too, but did you ever think that sparring isn't going to be what triggers it?" He asked.

"Cara's triggered during sparring," I reminded.

He shook his head and corrected me, "No, her mate was sparring and she thought he was going to die. Let's face it, you don't know what'll activate your teleportation powers."

I groaned and chided, "We could put you in a life-threatening situation."

He glared at me and replied, "Let's not get too hasty."

"I just want to teleport," I groaned.

He smiled at me and held his hand out for me to take. As I took his hand he replied, "I know you do."

We then walked out of the training room, giving up for the day. We walked hand in hand down the corridors and hallways of the castle. Finally, we got to my chambers and took a shower. Once we were both clean and changed into new clothes we sat out on the balcony.

We leaned against the stone wall railing and watched the multicolored dragons that flew in the sky. "Did you ever think you'd be here? A queen over a kingdom of dragons?" Drake asked me.

"Not at all," I retorted, "Who would?"

"Me," he said.

I rolled my eyes and pointed out, "Yeah but you were raised knowing all that would happen."

He smiled and laughed for a few moments as he looked out upon the horizon. His eyes swelled with pride as he beheld his kingdom. I felt a warm feeling blossom in my chest and I looked out towards our people as well. My eyes scanned the sky till they went down to the castle grounds.

The guards were all at their stations and a few were in a group by the castle drawbridge. My eyes narrowed towards the growing group and I asked, "What's going on over there?"

Drake's eyes shifted to the group and he answered, "When someone who has lived in the castle for a long time, or someone who was a part of the army, leaves the castle they usually all gather around to say goodbye."

"Who's leaving?" I inquired as I tried to search the crowd.

"Jonah and Taylor," he responded, "Remember how they asked for relocation?"

My mind went back to the quick moment when Cato had burst into my room and asked Drake to sign the paperwork. I had been so busy at the moment I had completely forgotten. I never said goodbye to Taylor. One more person I'll never have to chance to say goodbye to. By the time I would get down to the drawbridge they'll be gone.

My eyes kept searching the crowd and I was able to make out Taylor. Her shiny blonde hair was to the top of her shoulders. She wore a loose silver dress and even from up here on my balcony I could see her smile.

The girl who had helped me was leaving. The girl that I had protected, even going so far as to marry Drake to do so. Who knew that one person could alter my life so much?

"Kyna, are you okay?" Drake asked me.

For some reason his words made me want to cry and I was suddenly holding back tears. I nodded and said, "It's just... I forgot to say goodbye."

"We can invite them back to the castle," he reassured.

I sighed and remarked, "It's just not the same. I should've said goodbye. She viewed me as her friend. She deserved a goodbye."

"This is about more than just Taylor... Isn't it?" He replied, "This is about not being able to say goodbye to all those other people. The dimensions that you were ripped out of."

"They all deserved better," I mumbled.

He didn't say anything back. There was nothing to say. All those people deserved closure about me. I don't know if they ever wonder about what happened to me. Maybe I'm wrong and they never thought of me again... but what if they think about me like I think about them?

My eyes stayed on Taylor and a surprising amount of emotion came to the center of my chest. Longing, loneliness, fear, and anguish being the strongest of them. I closed my eyes to take in this sudden wave of emotion and held back tears.

"Kyna? How did you get here?" Taylor asked me with a slight amount of fear.

I opened my eyes, and there she was, looking at me with complete and utter shock. A bit shocked myself I looked around and realized that I was by the drawbridge. Guards and higher-ranking officials stared at me with a mixture of awe and fear. I looked up at my balcony and saw Drake staring at me, his emotionless mask present.

My eyes shifted back to Taylor and I told her, "I think I teleported."

"Is that normal?" She questioned.

"It's new... but I have a feeling it'll be pretty normal for me soon," I admitted.

She slowly nodded her head as she stared at me with big greenish-grey eyes. Jonah made his way over to her and protectively put his arm around her waist. He glared at me then grumbled, "What are you?"

I looked around and realized that shock had been overcome by fear in the group. Some even looked ready to kill me. I looked back to Jonah and said, "I'm your queen."

He shook his head and inquired, "What are you? Are you a danger to my beloved or to my king?"

"She's an Amari!" A loud voice boomed.

Everyone's head turned towards the voice and we beheld Cato. The guards parted at his presence like he was Moses and they were the red sea. The prince walked with an air of power that I hadn't previously seen him possess. With his head held high, he walked till he was standing right next to me. "What's an Amari?" Taylor asked me.

I looked only at her and answered, "A person who travels between dimensions."

"Dimensions?" She questioned.

"Realities, timelines, physical existences, or actualities. You could take your pick," I confessed.

"She still didn't answer my question. Are you danger to my beloved or king?" Jonah hissed as he eyed me wearily.

"She's dangerous," Cato announced, "But she won't hurt Taylor or the king."

"How can you be sure?" Jonah questioned.

"She married the king in the first place to protect Taylor," Cato told him.

Taylor's eyes snapped to me and uncertainty filled her eyes. I nodded to confirm it all for her. She gasped in horror and buried her face in her beloved's side. Jonah looked down at the beautiful woman and back up at me with new respect. "And the king? Is he safe with her around?" A guard from somewhere in the group asked.

"She can give him a run for his money in a fight... but she loves him. She couldn't hurt him at this point even if she tried," Cato calmed the crowd. 

The crowd was satisfied with this answer and many of them dispersed. A few stayed to finish their goodbyes and a handful was just too shocked to really move. I leaned towards Cato and whispered, "Thank you."

His eyes met mine and he growled, "I did it for my brother. Now say goodbye to Taylor and keep your scary Amari crap on a leash."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
42.5K 1.1K 45
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
250K 11.9K 61
แ€•แ€ฏแ€ถแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บ +แ€›แ€ฌแ€แ€ปแ€ฎแ€’แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€žแ€ฐแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€–แ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€ซแ€กแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บ แ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€ฝแ€ฌแ€•แ€ฏแ€ถแ€…แ€ถแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€™แ€พ แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€€แ€บแ€›แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ทแ€’แ€ซแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€–แ€แ€บแ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€•...