Heaven Knows

By Kat7729

His warm hand stays at my back and I can feel his body keep me close. I nod and listen to his heart again. Wo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight

Ten

19 2 0
By Kat7729

Everyone loved the rodeo idea. Gail was so proud, it was like seeing my mom give me a thumbs up.

Anna hasn't stopped being excited about my idea. She could not stop coming up with ideas of her own as the organization week went by.

But all doubt for Tyler has also given me a new perspective along with this event. After his help with brainstorming, I can't stop thinking of him. Wondering what he's doing. My heart also has its moments of fear. It's impossible to change so abruptly. He can easily hurt me again.

Yet, he keeps stopping these thoughts from growing in me. One day, I saw him in the front waiting room at work.

"Tyler?"

He looked up with surprise and his eyes immediately fell all over my body. He cleared his throat and shyly said, "You look beautiful, Tessa."

I chuckled at the hint of blush on his cheeks. "What are you doing here? How...did you know where I work?"

"I remembered the sign from the last event. So I searched it up online and got this address. I can see I came to the right place."

"Okay." I was still very surprised and confused by his arrival, so I was left silent for a long moment; our eyes quietly studying each other's appearance.

Until he cleared his throat and said, "I came to see how your event was going?"

"Oh. It's going great. Everyone loved the idea. How's your job hunting going?" After my big revelation with Tyler at the antique store, we took a small stroll around the rest of the store. He told me that he was looking for a job since he quit music.

Tyler almost shrunk with embarrassment as he said, "I haven't found anything."

"Not even at that music store I recommended?"

"They said they weren't hiring right now."

"You should have sung to them so they could give you a spot. Your voice can melt hearts." With this, I gave him a small smile as his eyes shined at my words, and made my way to my office.

"Tessa?" I looked back and saw his warm smile. And just like that, all those dark thoughts faded away as he said, "I can't wait to see what you will accomplish. I'll be front row."

My heart flew for the first time as I watched him leave. God. It was like we were back at the beginning.

And I liked it.

Now, as I look around at the event, my stomach flips with all kinds of nerves. This is my first event after my promotion. Tyler might be here, and I still don't know why I even care if he's coming or not.

I let out a tired breath and Anna appears out of nowhere from behind the bar. "Someone sounds nervous. You want a drink?"

"I don't drink anymore."

"Is your boyfriend coming?" Anna says as she pours herself a cup of wine.

"Boyfriend?" I say with furrowed brows. "I don't have one."

"The man that asked for you the other day."

"You mean Tyler?"

"Yes. He came on Friday."

"Friday, too?" I say with wide eyes. "But he came on Wednesday also."

Anna's eyes shine with excitement as she says, "Looks like someone's gonna have a partner soon..."

"Don't start," I say with brows raised. She does a small giggle and I shake my head with a smile as I watch Gail come over with her newbie.

"Honey!" Gail says with her shiny smile. "This is so gorgeous! Excellent job, my dear!" The guy by her side gives me a warm smile and I give them a thankful nod.

Gail then gestures at her newbie and says, "This is Fabio. One of our newbies."

I give his hand a firm shake and for the first time, I'm able to study him. Tall and strong. His neat hair is as crisp as his suit. Firm jaw and dark eyes that seem to burn through you. But there's this gentleness that overpowers his firmness. It does not scare me at all.

His biggest smile is only a half smile as he says, "It's a pleasure meeting you, Miss. This is a beautiful event."

"Thank you very much, Fabio."

"Honey," Gail says this time. "I wanted to let you know that I will be going on a quick vacation next week. So I want to give you Fabio for that week."

"Sounds good," I say with a nod. "I can't wait to work with you, Fabio."

"As am I." His eyes shine at my small smile and his half smile appears again, making him perfect.

I quickly look away from his gaze, and gesture at Anna. "This is Anna. One of the newbies. You'll be along her side next week." Anna gives him a nod and I quickly excuse myself. Gail follows close behind as my heart still sizzles from that burning look.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you know sooner," Gail says as I take out the sign to the sidewalk.

"Don't worry about it," I say. "Have fun for me."

"Mm! I will! And you should have a vacation after I come back. Maybe with your cowboy..."

I let out a laugh and shake my head. "Let's open the doors." The moment our doors open, people come in with wide smiles. Their eyes shine with delight as they look around and I give myself a proud smile.

If only Tyler could see this...

I push aside Tyler as I work my way around the place as a host. Once again, the students are our music as the night goes on. Then the owners of the brew place come along and they are completely fascinated.

"Golly!" Mister Needles says. "This is just like home! How did you know I love rodeos?!"

As I start to respond, I see Tyler talking to the professor on the side of the stage. I smile back at Mister Needles and say, "Just a lucky guess."

Mister Needles does his whole hearted laugh and gives my arm a quick touch before walking back to the mechanical bull.

I make my way to Tyler. He also smiles brightly and it creates this exciting adrenaline in my veins. The moment I feel his embrace, the world swirls and I'm left breathless. A new kind of happiness overwhelms my dark thoughts until they completely disappear...

"This is such an amazing event, Tessa!" Tyler says as he pulls away. "It's just like home!"

"Well, you were the brains," I say with a light push on his shoulder.

"But these beautiful hands..." Tyler gently takes my hand and softly says, "Are the masterpiece..." I watch him give my hand a light kiss and it makes my heart fly at the feeling of his soft lips.

He gives me that mysterious smile as he looks up with shiny eyes. I do a small chuckle, but the professor interrupts our silent conversation as he says, "Hey, Tyler. We were wondering if you wanted to give us a small show again?" He gestures at the microphone and Tyler kindly shakes his head.

"Tyler Blue rejecting the spotlight?" I playfully say. Tyler does a shy shrug but the professor insists again. "Come on," I gently say.

"I don't know..." Tyler mumbles. "This is your night."

I let out a small laugh. "You are a part of my night."

These words come out so easily. Almost as if I said it just last night. His eyes soften at my words and he jumps on stage. People start to cheer. Of course. They immediately recognize him, but his eyes shine just for me as he steals glances at the side of the stage where I'm at.

I smile watching him announce his cheers to Mister Needles and his success. It's like we're back at the very start as my heart flies with pride when he takes his guitar and tells the students behind him to follow his lead.

Then he says in the microphone, "I would also like to give a cheer to our beautiful hostess who organized this event." He brings out his arm to gesture at me by the stage and my cheeks turn bright red as I kindly nod at a clapping crowd. Tyler gives me a quick wink before saying, "This is for you."

The music starts and the crowd starts to dance. The room suddenly has this brightness or maybe it's just my heart melting at the sound of his beautiful voice. Its upbeat song copies the rhythm of my happy heart. I can see Anna and Gail do a small dance on the side of the room. Fabio finds my eyes and gives me his firm smile.

Everything is perfect. Just how it used to be. I look back at him as his eyes look away from the spotlight and onto me.

I can see it. That change. Even in the way his eyes shine. There's this peace in them that brings me to wonder that perhaps...we can try again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179 17 10
"I Thought this would be a memorable day, having gathered confidence and courage to give this day my all, I scoff at how ironic I visualise this day...
HOPE By rosegolden27

Teen Fiction

665 34 34
It was a bright, summer day. Mr. and Mrs. Evans were both in the hospital, ready to give birth. But they were really scared. It's their first child...
2.8M 86.7K 54
[COMPLETE] They say weddings are eventful, to say the least. Anything could happen. What I didn't expect however, was him. My mistake. It's been...
197K 2.8K 16
Age gap series #1 (WILL BE BACK WITH PART 2 SOMETIME SOON) ____________ Angel Thomas: An eighteen-year-old high school student who happened to fall i...