Delicate: Hogwarts Reader One...

By yourguyinthechair

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ, Stories with you and your favourite Harry Potter characters cause we al... More

Introduction A/N
Watching from the sidelines ➵Harry Potter
How the tables turned ➵Sirius Black
Behind bookshelves ➵Hermione Granger
All these years later ➵Draco Malfoy
Playful ➵Marlene Mckinnon
Sunshine ➵Remus Lupin
Fake a smile ➵Fred Weasley
Toast to heartbreaks ➵James Potter
Unlikely match ➵ Regulus Black
Bet ➵ Oliver Wood
Comfort ➵ George Weasley
Mirror, mirror on the wall➵Harry Potter
Prove me wrong ➵Sirius Black
Behind closed doors ➵Draco Malfoy
Updates
Not yours ➵Tom Riddle
Drunk ➵Cedric Diggory
Always ➵James Sirius Potter
Parchment and quills pt.1➵Harry Potter
Parchment and quills pt.2 ➵Harry Potter
Delusional ➵ Fred II Weasley
Uncle Dragon ➵Draco Malfoy
A little too perfect ➵Sirius Black
Hidden feelings ➵Draco Malfoy
Totally unrelated tag chapter
True flaws, fake love ➵Scorpius Malfoy
Stuck with you ➵James Sirius Potter
Reputation ➵Ginny Weasley
Can't lose you ➵ Harry Potter
Secrets ➵Ginny Weasley
Conflicts ➵Ginny Weasley
Something magical ➵George Weasley
Fool for you➵James Potter
Strange together ➵Luna Lovegood
Safe and Sound ➵Ginny Weasley
Dangerous ➵Sirius Black
Harmless ➵Hermione Granger
Traitor ➵Harry Potter
Falling again ➵Blaise Zabini
Hate to love you ➵Ron Weasley
Home is where the heart is ➵Mattheo Riddle
Home is where the heart is pt.2➵Mattheo Riddle
Sweet disposition ➵Sirius Black
All of you ➵James Potter
Just out of reach ➵George Weasley
Sparks Fly ➵Teddy Lupin
Different ➵Oliver Wood
Not the one ➵Theodore Nott
Under your spell ➵Remus Lupin
Tongue tied ➵Newt Scamander
Casually Cruel ➵Cedric Diggory
In the name of being honest pt.2 ➵Cedric Diggory

Misconceptions ➵Regulus Black

5.1K 79 24
By yourguyinthechair

Requested by ukeduke499. I hope you enjoy it. Just a heads up to y'all, Y/n is non-binary in this one and hence goes by they/them pronouns. And just imagine Regulus doesn't go over to the Dark Lord's side for this oneshot

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

Walking out of the History of Magic class, Y/n looked left and right, searching for Regulus. It was an everyday occurrence for him to wait outside one of their classes for Y/n. Not finding him, Y/n shrugged to themselves, catching up with their friends.

"No Prince Charming today?" Joey asked, raising a brow.

"Don't call him that!" Y/n rolled their eyes as they saw both Joey and Aurelie with teasing smirks on their faces.

"He's the love of your life and deep down, you know it, Y/n," Aurelie said, making them stick their tongue out at her.

"Let's just drop the topic and go, shall we?" they interjected before either of their friends could make another remark on their newly developing feelings toward Regulus Black, the resident golden boy of Slytherin. People said Sirius was attractive, but Regulus was not much behind in that aspect, with his black luscious curls and piercing eyes that were too grey to be blue but too blue to be grey. The well-defined jawline didn't hurt either.

Y/n and Regulus had formed an unlikely friendship having a run-in with each other last year, Y/n in a hurry to get to class as Regulus walked through the empty corridor, his hands in his pockets.

Y/n's books had dropped to the floor when their bodies crashed into each other. Regulus had wordlessly picked the books up, gathering the fallen things, handing them to Y/n. "Er- thanks," they spoke, offering him a smile.

"It was my fault. I wasn't looking. Hey- aren't you Y/n, L/n, the new beater of the team?"

"Yeah, that's me," Y/n said, an awkward smile on their face," I um I have class now, see you around!" They ran past the empty corridor, the books held close to their chest. Regulus watched as they left, wondering when he should return the last book that they had forgotten to pick up.

The next day, he had found Y/n walking towards the Potions class and returned the book to them. They had started talking. And as they say, the rest is history.

Ever since that day, Regulus, who had taken a lot of advanced classes prior to the rest of his classmates and was free from their grade potions, started waiting outside the Potions class for them. 

Back to the present, Y/n changed the topic, bringing up the Chudley Cannon's win in last week's match. Joey, Aurelie and Y/n walked on, turning to the next corridor when they heard panting and a yell to stop from behind. They turned back to find Regulus panting slightly as he caught up with the trio.

"You thought you could leave me for them when I'm late for just two minutes?" he asked, raising his brow.

"It's nothing like that," Y/n defended," You weren't here so I thought you weren't coming."

"Just kidding," he said with a laugh," Shall we get going then?"

Y/n turned to look at their friends, both of them with identical smirks on their faces and an amused expression. "Fine, yeah let's go."

Neither of them knew where they were going. And that's how it was each day. Every day, Regulus and Y/n would just walk around the school, sometimes the grounds and they wouldn't even say much except for the occasional questions they asked about each other. The rest of the time, it was just the two of them walking with their hands tantalisingly close, almost brushing against each other while their hearts raced.

They walked on for merlin knows how long, not a single word said, and that's the way they liked it. Just the presence of each other was good enough although there were many things both of them wanted to say to the other.

Y/n had always been scared of feelings, it was almost a foreign subject to them. When they had first realised their feelings for Regulus, they screamed into a pillow for about ten minutes, frustrated at themselves. After a long talk with Joey and Aurelie, despite them asking Y/n to tell Regulus, they decided to keep it to themself and suffer in silence till they get over him.

Regulus was not much different. The moment he had met up with Y/n to return the fallen book, he adored Y/n. He adored the way they smiled, their eyes twinkling. He adored the way they spoke, their velvety voice calling his name had become his favourite sound in the world. Not to mention their beautiful laugh. But he could never tell them. Because he knew it. He knew that they would obviously not have feelings for someone like him.

Before they knew it, two hours had passed. "I need to get going," Y/n said, turning to face him.

"C'mon then, we can walk to the common room together."

They walked silently to the Common Room, from where emerged Joey at that exact moment.

Bidding Regulus a quick thank you and goodbye, Y/n stepped in line with Joey, rolling their eyes at his teasing expression.

"How was your time with Prince Charming? Anything happen?"

Y/n sighed resignedly," Joey, do us all a favour and shut up will you?"

He raised his hands up in surrender," As your best friend, it's my duty to be aware of any kisses or other activities that happen with you and your crush so I can tease you about them-" He trailed off suddenly, his eyes flickering to the spot behind them. 

They turned to look behind them, alarmed, and there stood Regulus. They felt their heart droop down to the pits of their stomach, their face burning with embarrassment. Joey gave them an apologetic look and turned to leave.

Y/n looked away from Regulus' eyes, an undecipherable expression lay on Regulus' face and they asked him, "What- What did you want?"

"I came to ask you if you wanted to go stargazing tonight?" Maybe he hadn't heard what Joey said, Y/n thought.

"Oh- yeah sure," Y/n replied absent-mindedly, trying to gauge from Regulus' expression if he'd heard or not.

"Thought you'd be more excited, seeing as you have a crush on me and all," Regulus said, making your eyes widen and your heartbeat quicken.

"You heard," they mumbled.

"Joey was pretty loud so it would be concerning if I didn't," he said, making a lame excuse of a joke to put Y/n at ease.

They chuckled, the tension between them dissipating for a second before returned as soon as Y/n's smile vanished, remembering the situation in which they were.

"Regulus, I-"

"Would you- maybe, I don't know- want to go out with me? This Saturday?" he asked suddenly.

Y/n immediately realised what was happening. Being the great person he was, he felt obliged to like them back and was asking them out. "Regulus, no. You don't have to feel obligated or anything. I'll get over this-I just need some time. And then we can go back to being how we were."

"But I-"

"I'm serious, Reg. I'm completely okay with how we are right now. You're a great friend so could you please just forget what you heard?"

He looked conflicted but nodded, looking at Y/n's face. The relieved smile Y/n broke out into almost made up for the situation.

The next day came soon, bringing with it mundane classes and tons of homework. Walking out of the final class of the day, Transfiguration, Y/n instinctively looked around for Regulus, then realising that Regulus had actually listened to them and was giving them space. 

Sighing Y/n trudged along, their books held tight in their hands. It had not even been a complete day but they were already missing Regulus. The singular dimple that formed when he smiled, his stormy but calm eyes, his well-styled, fluffy hair, everything. They missed him.

Maybe they should just tell him that they got over him and they could both spend time together normally. That would at least guarantee some normal alone time with him. What they weren't sure of is if everything between them would be the same, considering that hidden feelings were now in the open.

They took a long breath as they walked straight to the Quidditch pitch. Some flying would definitely clear their mind. Deep in their thoughts, they didn't pay much attention and within seconds, two bodies had collapsed, books flying in different directions.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," Y/n said, not looking up yet, too busy picking their books up.

The person's hand held out the final book and Y/n looked at them, ready to thank whoever it was. "Regulus?"

"Yeah- here," he said, putting the book in their hands," So, where you off to?"

"The Quidditch pitch. Wanted to fly for a bit- clears the mind," Y/n brushed a few strands of hair off their face.

"I'll join you," Regulus said, making Y/n curse inwardly. The whole point of this was to get away from Regulus and Regulus related thoughts and going there with him would be totally moronic.

But that was exactly what they did. Looking at his expectant eyes, they could only imagine the beautiful smile they would get in return if they accepted. "Alright then," they said and as they expected, a smile formed on his face, but it was different from the ones he usually sent Y/n's way. It was softer, in a way, as though it had a deeper meaning hidden underneath.

They walked to the pitch, not a word said between them. Dropping their books at the bleachers, Y/n picked their broom up, sitting on it, ready to take off and looking to their right, they saw Regulus doing the same. 

"Race you till that post!" he said, zooming across with his brand new Nimbus 1950.

"Hey that's cheating," Y/n yelled, racing behind him anyways.

Being the one with the fancy new broom and the headstart, Regulus ended up winning. He smirked at Y/n who was busy stating all the reasons why that was an unfair win and wasn't counted. 

Regulus moved closer to Y/n so that they were only a few metres apart and within proper hearing distance. "Y/n, I- I'm not big on sharing my feelings- and I just- I- When I heard that you liked me, it was- I was so so happy, because well,-"

"You couldn't do this when we were on the ground?" Y/n interjected, a smile creeping on their face when they realised where this was going.

"I was scared you would run away," Regulus said, and they shared a smile. He continued," I- I'm falling for you and I want to be with you- all the freakin' time and I just want to make you smile and-"

Y/n's smile grew even huger and brighter, wanting nothing more than to kiss him at that moment. "Meet me down," they said, quickly flying down.

Regulus' brows furrowed in confusion but he complied.

When they were both on the ground, Y/n and Regulus stood in front of each other, not knowing how to go about their next move. Y/n lifted their left hand, placing it gently on Regulus cheek, swiping on his cheekbone as they admired him. His hair was windswept and his cheeks pink from either their position or the cold and his eyes flickered between their eyes, his gaze soft and filled with admiration for the person he loved.

In an almost tantalisingly slow movement, Y/n had moved even closer to him, their lips brushing against his softly. Before they could ask if it was okay to kiss him, Regulus pressed his lips against hers fully.

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

5 years later:

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

When the Potters had been found dead and the Dark lord destroyed, a lot of chaos ensued. Death Eaters fled, some had their trials, everyone rejoiced and amongst all the chaos, Regulus and Y/n had decided to move in together and find a life together.

It had been two days since they had apparated all of Y/n and Regulus's boxes to the empty flat that was now almost completely filled as though they had been living there for months.

"How are you feeling, love? You look stressed," Regulus said, looking at Y/n's face that was contorted in frustration.

"Ahh this is horrible, Reg, I can't believe I thought I could do this!" 

Regulus' eyes widened. Were they having second thoughts about moving in with him? "What is it? Do you-? Are you having second thoughts about this?"He asked softly, gesturing to the room around them.

"No! No!" Y/n said, chuckling," I was talking about the picture frames. I don't know where to put them is all. No second thoughts, I promise." They took Regulus' hands in theirs, pulling him close.

"You're sure?"

"Mhmm, very very sure." They stayed in each other's arms for a while before Regulus pulled away making Y/n whine.

"C'mon let's put these pictures up."

"I was thinking we could do that later and do something else now," they said, making Regulus smirk slightly.

"Oh yeah? What did you have in mind?" Regulus said suggestively.

"I wanted to cuddle up and sleep, you dirty-minded freak!" 

"You're no fun, but okay."

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

Hey you,

You're looking good today. 

Did you just use the stupefy charm or are you a natural stunner?

Yeah so I'm alive- sorry for the long wait but school is literally making me want to d!e along with a shit ton of other things in my life.

Anyways, how are y'all? I hope you enjoyed this one anddd yeah- that's pretty much all I had to say.

Love, Jenny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
2.2K 34 42
Oneshots of your favorite Harry Potter characters!
537K 11.2K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
1.6K 11 45
~June 17, 2021- Present~ Hello! This is my first time writing Y/n so please be nice lol. With that said some things, you should know if you don't alr...