Crossroads - A Camren Fanfict...

By Uththara2005

Camila Cabello; 17 years. Three months pregnant, without a home, without a job, without a family, and all bec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Final)
Epilogue
New Fanfiction Update!!!!!!!

Chapter 6

834 31 2
By Uththara2005

The drive to the hospital was abruptly too short, or I really didn't know if my nerves had made it short. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Feel like it's too long? I think I was beginning to rave in my thoughts.

"Ready?" Asked the green-eyed girl next to me.

"No, but ..." I was silent to turn to look in the direction of the building that was in front of us "Wait ... Is this the appointment? Safe?" I asked terrified.

"Eh... yes, why?" Her face showed surprise, more than mine.

We were right in front of the Kendall Regional Hospital, one of the best and PRIVATE hospitals that Miami had. It specialized in stroke care, lung disease, cardiology, gastroenterology, and maternity. In addition, it was also recognized as the best hospital in Miami made for orthopedics.

How did you know this? At the time, I had looked for medical information for when the time came, and after so much searching, I reached the best ten hospitals in Miami, where the Kendall Regional Miami was included, therefore, not even in my wildest dreams could I afford a place like this, I couldn't afford it.

"I... I'm sorry Lauren, but I can't," I ventured to say. I couldn't accept this.

"Why not?" His eyes were wide open.

"Lauren..." I started "this hospital is private." I studied her expression, nothing. " It's too expensive for what I can afford." I bit the inside of my cheek, waiting for her to say something to me.

But she did not.

Instead, She unbuckles her seat belt so she can reach over to the glove box in front of me, open it, and pull out a folded paper to hand me. I took the paper with shaking hands, and a little muffled sob in my throat. I couldn't accept that and nothing and no one would make me change my mind.

"What is this?" My voice came out in a whisper.

"My dad said that you would say what you said about the hospital, therefore he gave me this to try to make you change your mind" she shrugged while she gave me a smile " will go out so you can read it calmly" and without further ado she got out of the car, leaving me completely confused.

Slowly unfold the page and notice that handwriting with perfect and delicate calligraphy. I started to read.

Dear Camila:

Having a child is the greatest gift a parent can have. I have my three treasures, those little monsters that at the time made me run after them and that to this day continue to draw green-gray hair from time to time. But they are my greatest pride, the reason why I try to be a better person.

Although this was not always the case, before meeting Clara she lived in London. My crazy years, that's what she calls them. I met this girl and thought I had fallen madly in love, but we only had a few months' romance. We finished for the peace and mental health of both, so many fights were wearing us down.

I returned to Miami with the firm conviction to start my own business, to settle down once and for all. Eleven months had passed when I met Clara and things just happened. Eight months later we were getting married and ten more with Lauren in my arms. As soon as I saw her, I knew that my life would be with her together with her mother.

Fifteen years later I get a letter from Suzanne, my ex-partner from London. In it, she said that she had become pregnant and that she did not expect anything from me, that she did not want money or anything like that, just that she knew about our son. Can you believe it? Because honestly as soon as I finish reading that letter I won't.

I contacted her, argued with her for not having told me before, and discovered that she was ill. Two years ago she had been diagnosed with cancer and she was in very bad shape. My son was quite a man by now. I tried to help them, but they didn't want anything from me. The worst happened.

He didn't want to come to live here in Miami when I proposed it to him and it was understandable, I was never a father figure to him. Every month I pass him a pension so he doesn't have a bad time. Only a couple of times have I been able to see it. The first time it was me, by the time his mother died. And the second time he came, he met the family, but there were his frictions.

What I'm going to is that, I lost the opportunity to have him in my life when I was little, I did not know of his existence until he was almost older. I missed his first steps, his first words, I couldn't teach him to ride a bike or play football.

I know how difficult it will be for you from now on, and I honestly don't want you to go through it alone. You have Clara, Lolo, Taylor, Chris and me. You have us at the Jauregui and we will support you in everything we can. You and your baby deserve to be happy, to be well.

Camila, now you are part of the family, I consider you as another more daughter. So please, I beg of you, accept our support.

With love,

Mike

As soon as I finished reading I realized that my cheeks are full of tears. Why couldn't my father be like this? Why did they have to be so good to me? Why? So many questions in my head and none had an answer. I fold the paper and hug my chest, lower my hand to my abdomen.

"Everything is fine, my love," I whispered through tears.

Wait a few minutes before getting out of the car. My cheeks were still wet from my tears. A pair of green eyes looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay? You feel bad?" She stood in front of me.

I didn't control myself and I really didn't want to, I just got carried away. I hugged her. I put my arms around her waist and I hugged her body, sobbing slightly from the feeling of feeling protected with her, with her family. I sobbed because I reconfirmed that Lauren Jauregui was my personal angel.

She tensed for a moment in surprise, but it didn't take long for her hug to reciprocate, she ran her hands down my back to calm my sobs. I was filled with peace again.

"Thank you," I whispered against her chest.

"Why?" She did not understand anything. I separate my face from her body and look into her eyes.

"For helping me that night, for giving me a roof, for introducing me to your family" I smiled "for being my guardian angel."

Notice how it was her turn to blush.

Her eyes twinkled for a moment in which she gave me a shy smile as she lowered her face and let her hair fall to cover the red of her cheeks. Instinctively I brought my hand to her face to tuck a strand behind her ear so I could see her again.

I don't know what happened to me when I was with her, but it was too good.

"So ..." I swallow dry "Ready for the date?" She smiled sideways.

"I think so" we parted. She reaches out her hand asking for mine and without hesitation I took it.

I needed her support because the nerves were coming back to me. With greater intensity. Each step towards the hospital was a beat of my heart that beat behind my ears. The closer we got, my breathing got rough. I was beginning to believe that I was going to have an anxiety attack.

We stopped right outside the door of the large hospital. I felt a slight squeeze on my hand, I turned to see her. She gave me a sideways smile again, I took a deep breath and blew out all the air as quickly as possible. Ok, let's do it.

The place was too ostentatious, the walls were light blue with white. The tiles on the totally white floor, a smell of alcohol or sterilant flooded the place, I really don't know which one it was, but it managed to make me a little dizzy.

We walked straight to the elevator, Lauren pushed for the fourth floor, I guess that's where we had to go. I closed my eyes and let the feeling of vertigo embrace me. It was always the same in an elevator. Without realizing it, the doors opened and we walked down a long corridor until we reached a hall.

"Good morning, we have an appointment with Dr. Dawson," Lauren said, my voice was lost somewhere.

"One moment please" the girl on the other side smiled at us "take a seat."

Lauren and I sat right in front of a white door. "Dr. Dawson. Gynecology and Maternity " were engraved in a delicate handwriting badge.

"Everything will be fine," She whispers in my ear as I lost myself staring at that door.

"What if not? What if I should have come before? What if something is wrong? Oh, God!" I began to fill myself with fear.

"Camila, calm down" she holds my hands "I assure you that everything will be fine, you'll see."

"Miss Cabello" I directed my gaze towards the girl in the hall "Dr. Dawson is waiting for you, you can come in."

Lauren was the first to stand right in front of me holding out her hand again like in the parking lot. I took it, it was now or never. Well, if it wasn't today, maybe it would be tomorrow, but better not wait any longer.

We slowly entered the office, it was a completely different place from the hospital. The walls were pastel pink and adorned with images of babies and pregnant women. The side desk was large oak with glass on top. The back wall was lined with all sorts of diplomas and awards.

The woman behind the door was wearing a pink robe. She was a young woman. About thirty-six at the most. Her auburn hair came down to her shoulders. She wore glasses and her face was adorned by a comfortable smile. We took a seat across from her.

"Good morning, I'm Dr. Dawson, how can I help you?" Her smile was sincere. It showed how much she enjoyed doing her job.

I opened my mouth to start talking but nothing. Not a single noise came out, I looked a little scared at the green-eyed girl next to me. She was just smiling because of my nerves.

"Nice to meet you, doctor, I'm Lauren and this is Camila" she introduced us, I felt so stupid, but the nerves were stronger than me "We came for a checkup, she's pregnant and we want to see that everything is perfect with her baby" she smiled.

"Well ... let's see," she opened a new file. Our file "How many weeks are you? She asks the air, waiting for Lauren to answer.

"On-eleven-thirty," I managed to say, Dr. Dawson raised her gaze to fix on me.

"Have you ever visited any other doctor before?" She asks curiously, still looking at me.

"Not really" I whispered lowering my head "my parents kicked me out of the house and took me out of the family insurance as soon as they found out" the tears began to threaten to come out.

"I'm sorry" her voice softened "well, then let's start from scratch and do a general check-up to see your health and the baby's" she smiled at me.

Age.

Weight.

Height.

Pressure.

Blood test.

Everything was necessary to know if everything was fine. For my good luck, the only bad thing was that I was a little underweight, but it was normal according to what the doctor told us. After the pressure of finding out and hiding it until my parents came to me, it was normal that my weight was not adequate.

But everything else is relatively fine.

"Now, it's time to do an ultrasound to check the baby's health." My heart raced.

"I'm ... I mean ... are we going to see it?" remembering that Lauren was also with me.

"Sure, lie down on the stretcher and put your shirt up," she ordered.

I did what she asked me with great care, I felt that my knees were shaking and my hands were sweating. My pulse was racing and my breathing was somewhat agitated. I was going to see him, I was going to meet him.

"Ok, I'll put this gel on you, it's a bit cold, " she warned as he poured it over my little bulging abdomen "now, let's see."

She presses certain buttons on the machine next to the gurney. The screen lit up and the scanner began to scan my skin. I stopped breathing. A tiny figure appeared on the screen. He moved his little hands, his little feet too. He was so tiny, so... mine. It was...

It was my baby.

"Lauren," I whispered with a lump in my throat.

As fast as she hears her name, she comes to my side and takes my hand. I squeezed it, unable to hold back the tears. I was finally seeing my baby.

"Well, your baby is more than healthy, I suppose your lack of weight is due to him taking everything" she smiled "Do you see that flicker over there?" She points to the screen. I just nodded "it's her heartbeat. Do you want to hear it?" She asks.

"Yes," Lauren won me over to answer. I turned to see her and her face also had tears streaming down both cheeks, but with a huge smile on her lips.

We are silent and ...

Bum Bum.

Bum Bum.

I cried as I felt Lauren's lips on my forehead and her hand held mine tighter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 25K 51
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝘅𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱
30K 261 22
The legacy of Watching Things (by shadow gumball of death on FF.net) continues: WITH ME, the fifth writer! This story will be a series of one-shots a...
20.6K 257 17
take it or leave it one shots maybe smut, maybe not. depends on my mood 18+ ig, but im not ur mom, use your discretion COMMENT ON IT PLSS I NEED TH...
63.6K 303 6
Title says it all😏 This will have naughty stuff in it so don't read if you're just gonna be a hater. Love ya! Enjoy<3 Rated #26 in the "smutish"...