love letters ~k.akaashi~

By shiningcami_

based off of 'to all the boys i've loved before' akaashi keiji x fem! reader ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ in which, you and akaa... More

~cast and playlist~
~prolouge~
~one~
~two~
~three~
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~christmas special~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty-one~
~twenty-two~
~twenty-three~
~twenty-four~
~twenty-five~
~twenty-six~
~twenty-seven~
~twenty-nine~
~thirty~
~thirty-one~
~thirty-two~
~ending A~
~ending B~
kind of important a/n

~twenty-eight~

1.5K 48 13
By shiningcami_

a/n: I HAVE MORE PICTURES AHAHAHAHAHA

~edited on june 7, 2021 for grammar~

the week for akaashi was a routine. he would wake up, he'd go to school, he'd attend his classes, and then he'd go to volleyball practice. recently, bokuto had been working the team harder than before in preparation for nationals, which was after winter break. so, he had the team stay after practice hours for extra preparation. luckily for him and the rest of the team, winter break would begin the end of this week. akaashi was astounded by how quickly time seemed to have past.

to him, it seemed that it was just yesterday how you decided to end any form of relationship you two had. but christmas eve was coming closer and the time you two have spent apart just kept increasing.

he still made attempts at texting you, ignoring the fact that you never responded to him. his heart had melted when you spoke to him the other day, even if it was a brief conversation. he missed your voice, he missed your presence around him, he missed you in general. it became repetitive to him, how much he seemed to crave your touch again. it was strange to him, but he liked this feeling.

he never knew he could feel this way, he never knew he could hold so much love and adoration for one single person. he couldn't even explain in spoken words how much love and adoration he held for you. akaashi was terrible at vocally expressing his feelings for something, he could only ever write them down. he was always like that, it was one thing the two of you had in common.

you were both terrible are feelings and the only way you could express them was if you wrote them down. just like your love letters, akaashi had thought.

"all right! that's it for today! just pack up your things and akaashi, konoha, and i will handle the clean up." bokuto said as he clapped his hands and sent the rest of the team on its way. the team thanked bokuto and left to go to the locker room leaving akaashi, bokuto, and konoha to clean up the gym.

"man, why the hell do i always get stuck with cleanup duty?" konoha complained as he started picking up the volleyballs strewn across the floor and placing them in the basket. bokuto did nothing but chuckle at konoha's complaining. subconsciously, bokuto always assigned konoha cleanup duty because it annoys him.

"so, akaashi?" akaashi looked konoha's way and away from the volleyball net he was helping bokuto take down. "you and haiba-chan are like...done right?" konoha noticed how akaashi tensed up at the mention of your relationship that was no longer. all akaashi could do was nod.

"okay good...just checking." konoha said, rolling the basket of volleyballs into the storage closet.

"if you even think about approaching her, so help me. i'll slap you." his tone was as cold as steel, frightening both konoha and bokuto. of course they knew their underclassman could be intimidating when he wanted to, but that didn't mean they were used to it. konoha shut up after akaashi spoke and the three boys continued to clean the gym in complete silence, with the occasional sound of bokuto whistling.

the three had finished cleaning up and bokuto and akaashi had separated ways from konoha. their usual walk to the convenience store for bokuto's coffee was silent, until bokuto had made the decision to bring up akaashi's random outburst.

"akaashi, what was up with that whole outburst when konoha asked about you and f/n today?" akaashi shrugged it off, not wanting to answer but bokuto wanted a straight answer.

"i'm not gonna let up until you give me an actual answer. not one of your shoulder shrugs or a hum that ignores my question, a real fucking answer." akaashi knew there was no escaping this question.

"okay fine...so maybe i didn't particularly like when konoha had asked that question about f/n and i."

"noooo, reallyyy? wow, i didn't notice." akaashi caught the sarcastic tone in bokuto's voice and sneered at him. "yeah yeah okay, laugh all you want but i have reasoning behind this."

"okay fine, explain your reasoning." bokuto said, opening the door to the store and walking to the small refrigerator atop of the atm that held the coffees. he grabbed one and walked to the cashier, pulling out the necessary amount of money to pay for his can.

"you remember that phone call when i told you i thought i was falling in love with f/n?" bokuto nodded, paying the cashier and exiting out the store. "of course i do, but what does that have to do with your outburst awhile ago?" bokuto opened his can and took a sip out of it.

"because now i don't think i'm falling in love with her, i know i am. in fact, i did. in the short amount of time i was with her, i fell in love with her. and i just don't want her to date anyone else until i get some closure with her."

"you sound dumb, no offense. but you two aren't really together anymore, so really she's free to date anyone she wants. whether that be you or konoha or someone else. you don't own her, she's free to make her own decisions."

"i know that bokuto-san, but that doesn't stop this feeling of jealousy that brews inside of me when someone asks about her and they seem to be interested in her in like, a romantic way. and i don't even know how to tell her how i feel about her." bokuto nodded, taking big gulps of his coffee.

"i'm telling you this out of harsh love, but quit being such a wimp. you don't want to lose f/n because 'oh i was too scared to tell her how i actually feel about her'. you're gonna regret not telling her." akaashi nodded, really taking in all of bokuto's advice. bokuto had a point, he needed to stop being such a wimp.

they had reached bokuto's bus stop and akaashi was about to walk away when bokuto's voice had stopped him.

"tell her akaashi. stop being an idiot and tell her. tell her that you'll work on your trust issues and shit because that's what people do when they love a person. they work on their issues together." akaashi walked away and continued walking to his house in silence.

"i'm home!" he yelled out as soon as he unlocked the door to his house and slipped his house shoes on. his mom walked out from the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron.

"are you hungry keiji? i made katsudon today, there's still some left over. i could warm it up for you." she said in a warm tone. akaashi nodded gratefully, he didn't notice how hungry he was until his mom mentioned katsudon.

"that sounds great mom. let me take a quick shower  and i'll be right back." akaashi walked up to his room and pulled his phone out, texting you.

blossom🌸:
look f/n, i have something really important to tell you.
please text me back when you feel like it, im not forcing you to hear me out.
i just really need to tell you this and then you can decide whether you still want to ignore me or not.
i still miss you and i'll continue these desperate attempts of mine if it means you'll talk to me. :)

akaashi put his phone down and went to the bathroom to go shower, hoping he'd see a response from you or at the very least, a little read notification.

one could only hope.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

meanwhile you were packing your suitcase for your annual winter trip with your family. you had just received the news today from alisa that your parents wanted you and your siblings to fly out to seoul for some christmas edition interview for a korean magazine. all the magazines looked the same to you after awhile, you didn't even make an attempt at trying to tell the difference by the time you were thirteen. it used to be a fun game you played with lev to pass the time.

you remembered when you and lev were younger, you two would try to guess the magazine you were interviewing for. the winner would have to buy the other a snack of their choice. but even the game couldn't make these things fun for you two so you gradually stopped playing. you stood up and walked over to alisa's room.

"hey alisa?" she looked up from her suitcase that was already packed, she just liked to double check everything to make sure that she didn't forget anything. "do you know where my suitcase is?"

"oh yeah, come with me." you followed alisa to one of the storage closets in your house and she picked out both your suitcase and lev's. "check on lev to see if he's even started packing. our flight leaves at noon tomorrow." you gave her a thumbs up and rolled the suitcases to your room.

"lev! have you even started packing yet? we have to be at the airport by ten tomorrow."

"you have very little faith in me n/n. i was waiting for my suitcase. i'm packing my carry-on right now." lev took his suitcase from your hands and closed his door. you already knew lev had blanked out on packing, he always does. you laughed to yourself and went back to your room.

you sat back down on your floor where all your clothes were strewn across the floor. you started folding your clothes up and arranging them in your suitcase. while you were figuring out which one of your scarves would go best with the jackets you packed, you heard your ringtone go off. you left your phone on your bed with the ringer on since you tend to put all distractions away when you pack.

you got up to get your phone and saw the usual texts from akaashi.

kaashi:
look f/n, i have something really important to tell you.
please text me back when you feel like it, im not forcing you to hear me out.
i just really need to tell you this and then you can decide whether you still want to ignore me or not.
i still miss you and i'll continue these desperate attempts of mine if it means you'll talk to me. :)

you took a deep breath and sighed, putting your phone back down on your bed to finish up packing. once you had finished packing, you did your morning routine and changed into your pajamas and then climbed into bed. you unlocked your phone and texted momo. you decided to go to sleep earlier than usual so you wouldn't sleep on the plane.

granted, your parents had paid for first class tickets for the three of you, so the seats were more comfortable and they could convert into beds if you wanted to sleep comfortably, but you always felt gross after sleeping on planes.

you:
hey moguri...if akaashi asks to speak to you just speak to him please
i have a feeling he'll ask you,

moguri🍑:
urm...yeah sure
any reason, in particular?

you:
oh nah, just a feeling.
i'll text you when i'm at the incheon airport :)

once you had finished texting momo, you decided to watch a some random movie to help you fall asleep quicker. luckily it worked out, you seemed to have pass out fairly quickly.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

akaashi had done his regular morning routine and walked his way to school. even after two weeks, he still wasn't used to making the walk to school by himself, yet again. once he had arrived at school, he quickly changed into his indoor shoes and speed walked to your classroom. he walked into your classroom and looked around for you but only saw momo.

"hey...hirai-san, do you know where f/n is?" momo looked up from the snack she was eating. 'huh so f/n was right, he would try to talk to me.'

"yeah...n/n's in seoul, so she's not gonna be here." akaashi's eyes widened in shock and fear.

"wa-wait. you mean f/n moved to seoul? like moved moved? as in she's never coming back? as in i'll never get to tell her that i'm in love her moved? as in-" he was interrupted by momo grabbing his wrist and pulling him out the classroom before he could cause a scene in the classroom.

"what the fuck do you mean you're in love with f/n? and no you idiot, she didn't move to seoul! she's just there on a christmas vacation. she'll be back on new year's day. anyways, what the fuck do you mean you're in love with f/n? my f/n?" akaashi was taken aback by momo's scolding.

"i mean, i love her. this time apart made me realize that i fell in love with her. and i just need to see her, she hasn't been speaking to me at all, she won't answer any of my texts." momo saw akaashi's distressed look and sympathized with him.

'maybe he does actually care.'

"my god. i can't believe i'm saying this right now," he heard momo mumble under her breath. "look, the only reason i'm saying this is because f/n's my best friend and i love her and all i want is for her to be happy, especially with all that shit with her parents and whatever." akaashi nodded, waiting for momo to speak again.

"she's just in seoul for some magazine interview and photoshoot with her parents and siblings , like i said before, she'll be back on new year's day so i'll try to convince her to speak to you before she comes back."

"thank you hirai-san. seriously thank you." akaashi said, gratefully. momo nodded and started walking back to her classroom. before she opened the door, she turned around and looked at akaashi.

"hey, akaashi-san?" akaashi hummed in response.

"if you ever hurt f/n again, i will murder you. quite literally. she's my best friend, practically my sister. i will hurt you."

a/n: this one's long as fuck. also —besides the obvious 'fake relationship trope'— what other trope would you consider this? also, thank you for 10k my loves :(((

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 5.7K 32
under construction!! "marry me when?" akaashi keiji x reader | she/her pronouns used in which y/n is a bit interesting and weird but somehow falls in...
301K 9.4K 32
When a streamer meets the person her fans have been shipping her with for months. Only, it's outside of the media. It was pure coincidence that kenma...
36.8K 811 22
Kuroo slowly slips away from Kenma. ⚠️may contain cheating, profanity, and sexual content⚠️ [ characters are owned by haruichi furudate. ] Started: 1...
1.2M 37.4K 34
❝𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒❞ *:・゚✧ in which you teach kuroo english, and he teaches you... other things. kuroo x fem!reader i do not ow...