~twenty-three~

two weeks later

two weeks later

the first week of december. one month until the new year. three months until the end of your second year. probably one of your least favorite months of the year. you had a strong dislike for snow and the cold.

thank god it was friday and you could spend the weekend cuddled up in your blankets with the warmth surrounding you. the volleyball team had extra practice in preparation for nationals after they placed second in their tournament that determined which teams would represent tokyo at nationals. luckily for you, it wasn't required for you to be at those extra practices.

you had never seen them play in an official game, just practice matches here and there. only one manager was allowed on the bench so kaori sat on the bench with the coaches while you and yukie sat up in the bleachers.

to say you were amazed the whole time they were playing was an understatement. the whole mood in the team changed as soon as they walked onto the court. bokuto amazed you especially, you saw the way his eyes lit up whenever he scored and or when he heard the deafening cheers from fukurodani's side for him.

you also saw akaashi's determination on the court. it's not like his whole demeanor changed, he was always a pretty calm and collected person. but off the court akaashi and on the court akaashi were somehow two different people. it truly was a beautiful sight to see.

"so, what's say you and me buy some food and go to your house and binge watch some anime?" momo asked you as you two walked out of school, grabbing your hand.

"yeah, sure. but i pick the show we watch." you two skipped off to the store in hopes of finding your favorite snacks and drinks.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

two hours had passed and practice had just ended for the team. it was up to the team to clean up the gym since none of their managers were at practice. so they all took shifts of some sort to clean up the gym.

right now, bokuto and akaashi were taking down the net and the poles holding up the net while washio and konoha were in charge of sweeping and mopping the gym.

"hey, bokuto-san...can i ask you something when we finish up here?"

"well, you already asked me something," bokuto paused to laugh at his cheesy joke while akaashi looked at him with a straight face. "but yeah sure. i'm assuming it has to do with f/n."

akaashi nodded. bokuto gave him a thumbs up and they continued cleaning the gym up with the help of washio and konoha.

"all right, i'll lock the gym up. you two get home and i'll see you on monday." bokuto pointed to washio and konoha and they left. bokuto locked the gym up, double checking to see if it was truly locked.