𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."

8.7K 281 79
By erensgf0712

It's a joke I swear!! 😅

➳♥

Summer's POV

"We've been hanging out every night, and sometimes he even sleeps over in my room! But he still hasn't kissed me or anything! Maybe he's not interested in me like I thought he was?" Maya had been wracking her brain for the past couple of days on why Tyler hadn't made a move yet. "He's shy Maya, you know that. Maybe you just have to make a move first?" I reassured.

Maya and I had become close ever since I saw her that one day in the cafeteria. She would come to me for advice about Tyler, and although I didn't have much to offer I was always there to listen. Most of the time I would just refer her to Jess since she knew the most about how to deal with guys.

"Maybe you're right. I'll ask him to hang out tonight and see where things go." She spoke confidently but she looked discouraged.

"Trust me when I tell you Tyler is head over heels for you, he tells Devon all the time." I didn't want her to doubt herself or her feelings, something I knew all too well.

"Enough about me, are you excited for your date tonight Missy?" Her mood had brightened, and she tapped her pencil on the table waiting for my answer. "I am excited and terribly nervous at the same time." I had never been on a proper date, my ex-boyfriend thought staying at home all the time was the most romantic thing in the world.

"I'm sure it will be perfect, he'd do anything for you." She furrowed her brows at me smirking. "Ask him if he can rub some of that off on Ty yeah?" We laughed in unison as a few people in the library turned their heads to look at us. I mouthed "sorry" and began packing up my things. "I have class in ten, good luck with Tyler." I whispered as I threw my bag over my shoulder. "I'm gonna need it." She put the end of her pen in her mouth and rolled her eyes. I gave her a smile of encouragement and left the library.

Devon's POV

"She probably thinks you don't like her or something." Tyler had been hanging out with Maya for weeks on end and still hasn't made a move on the poor girl. "I'm not rushing you, definitely do everything at your own pace, but maybe communicate with her what you're so scared about?" Tyler looked at me, his mouth hung open.

"You know, you dating Summer was the best thing that ever happened to you. You're like a completely different person." He was in genuine shock, and I had to agree. Summer was bringing out the best in me, she brought out a certain vulnerability. I wasn't used to someone having this much control over my emotions.

"She's great isn't she? But don't change the subject. You need to talk to her before she moves on. Girls like that aren't going to wait around for you forever no matter how much they like you."

"Claire seems to be waiting around for you." Tyler had been getting on me about Claire ever since the party. "That's different, we had sex once and that was it. I get she might like me but it doesn't give her the right to keep popping up when I told her we were finished." I thought back to the way she acted when I ran into her at the bookstore.

"I mean she came up to me asking to treat me to lunch and Summer was standing right next to me! She didn't even acknowledge her." I didn't understand why people had to be so petty. It was childish and pointless.

"She's brutal. You better watch out for her, she could be like a Yandere or something." Tyler smiled, satisfied with his reference.

"You watch way too much anime, but maybe you're right. I'll have a conversation with her soon, end this once and for all." I pulled out my phone and searched for her number. I hadn't recognized it at first considering I never saved it. It took going into the message thread to find out it was her.

Devon: Hey Claire, it's Dev I was thinking we could talk soon, maybe tomorrow after class?

Unknown number: it's a date!

Devon: Just a talk lmao, but I'll see you then.

"I gotta go, but don't forget what I said about Maya!" I crumbled up a piece of paper and threw it at Tyler. "You just worry about your date tonight." He mumbled under his breath.

"At least I have a date tonight." I joked.

He turned around to say something but before he could answer, I slammed his door shut and jogged down the hallway. I patted my pockets checking for my phone and pulled it out finding another notification from Claire.

Unknown number: Whatever you say.

I rolled my eyes and continued down the hall.

...

"How do I look?" I had changed my outfit over ten times, not satisfied with anything in my closet. "That's the one!" Jess twirled her finger wanting me to do a spin and I happily obliged. "Oh I'm so excited for you! What time is Devon coming?" I picked up my phone to check the time, seeing it was around six forty-five. "He should be here soon." I sat down on the couch beside Jess and fixed the strap on my heels.

"So is this exhibit like super exclusive or something?" Jess had been wondering why it was so hard to snag tickets to it. "No, it just opened. It features a lot of new artists and their work and everyone who appreciates art has been buying up all the tickets." Her face lights up. "Ouu so they must have been expensive!" I laughed her off but I had to admit, I was curious on how much money he had to spend to afford these tickets.

"No over thinking tonight! I know you like to get in your own head but take a day off." She threw a compact mirror to me and I checked my face one more time before stashing it away in my purse.

"I'll get it!"

Devon had barely knocked on the door before she ran to open it. I appreciated Jess's enthusiasm, if it wasn't for her I would have been a nervous wreck right now. I know her bubbly demeanor could be a bit much for more reserved personalities, but she really complimented me well.

Jess opened the door and looked between me and Devon a few times before she spoke. "I'm kind of jealous. You guys are the most attractive couple I've ever seen." She grabbed the flowers from Dev and ran them to the kitchen, telling me she would put them in water. I stood up from the couch and walked over to him, scanning over his outfit.

"You look beautiful as always." Devon said, leaning in for a kiss. "Thank you, you look very handsome as well." I returned the sentiment and looked back to Jess who was stood in the kitchen admiring the flowers. "Don't wait up for me!" I shouted.

"You better have her back here at a decent time Washington or I swear." She glared at Devon trying to hold back a smile.

"I promise to be on my best behavior." He joked, winking at me before he leads us out the door.

...

When we arrived to the exhibit the line was out the door. Devon had to park a block away because so many cars were in the lot and in the surrounding area. We had been waiting in line for about ten minutes and we still weren't even close to the entrance. "I'm starting to regret not bringing a jacket." I laughed rubbing my hands against my arms.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you warm." He wrapped his arms around me and hugged as tight as he could. He had also forgotten to bring a jacket.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked, squeezing my arm. "This is like my first real date." I laughed a little harder this time. "Mine too." I glared at him shooting daggers with my eyes. "I know what you're thinking, but those weren't dates! I'm not a monster Summer I held a conversation before I slept with someone." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the line. We were getting closer and I couldn't wait to feel the warmth from inside.

"Tickets please." A woman spoke holding out her hands. Devon reached in his pants pocket grabbing the tickets and handed them to her. She looked them over and put them in a bag, welcoming us inside. We thanked her and quickly shuffled our way into the building.

As if the exterior wasn't already beautiful enough, the interior design was flawless. There were walls full of pieces and scattered throughout the room were different sculptures that people were gathered around gazing upon.

I was determined to look at all of the artwork here, making the most out of our visit. There was a guide present who explained the background on some of the paintings and a few of the artists were actually present to say a few words about their work.

"What was your inspiration behind this painting?" A voice called out behind me.

The current piece we were viewing was created by a woman named Vanya Popov. The base was a deep blue color with different variations of the shade, creating hands that appeared to be scraping the canvas.

"That's a very good question." Vanya looked up to her painting and smiled weakly before she continued. "I created this piece by accident actually. I was experiencing a block in my work and in my life. I felt alone, and like I couldn't count on anyone. The only thing in life that I've always had to fall back on was my art and when I felt like I couldn't create that, I didn't have a purpose to go on."

I could hear her voice cracking as she tried to hold back tears.

"One night after drinking, I was feeling really low. There was dark thoughts whispering in my ear tempting me to do things I knew I would regret. So instead I picked up a paint brush and grabbed an empty canvas and started painting. Three hours later I was left with this beauty. The hands scratching the canvas represent all the obstacles I felt were preventing me from painting. It opened up a whole new dimension to my art." She had her hand pressed firmly against her heart, trying to soothe herself.

When Vanya finished speaking everyone surrounding us was either crying or clapping. She was an inspiration to every one including me. To emerge from something so painful and come out better than you were before? It was admirable.

"That was beautiful Vanya." I praised, wanting her to know I appreciated her sharing that with us. "Thank you. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the exhibit! Find a happier painting to gawk at!" Everyone laughed as she lightened the mood with her joke. While everyone else dispersed, Devon and I did some more walking trying to find something more cheerful to dissect.

"Are you having a good time?" His voice broke my attention away from one of the paintings I had been eyeing. "Yes! Thank you for doing this for me, it means a lot." He kissest my temple and began leading me in the direction of a dark room. "It's not over yet, there's something you need to see." He said pulling me along. When we got to the entrance of the room, he spoke a few words to the man standing at the opening, once they were finished the man proceeded to lift the rope letting us pass through.

"What's this place?" I asked trying to adjust my vision to the darkness. It was pitch black and I didn't know where I was going, or what we were doing in here.

"Just wait for it." I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was smiling from the way his voice sounded.

Suddenly, lights flashed on illuminating the ceiling. I looked up finding a beautiful mural of the galaxy, the lights projecting stars all around us. The other people in the room let out a bunch of oooo's and ahhh's but I was simply speechless.

"My God, this is beautiful!" I couldn't wrap my head around the sight I was looking at. "This was apart of a package the exhibition was offering, only a select few had access to this room. It was too good to pass up on." Devon looks down at me smiling. "All of the artists that have work in the building worked together to create this. I heard it took a year and a half to finish."

I shook my head in disbelief. "How much did all this cost!?" I was beyond flattered he did all this for me, but I didn't want to inconvenience him. "Don't worry about it, just enjoy the view okay?" I nodded my head deciding it wasn't worth pressing him over. It was nice being spoiled every once in a while, and I was beginning to feel like I deserved that much.

"Here, sit." He pointed to two chairs to the side of us, and we sat down not taking our eyes off the ceiling. "Almost as beautiful as the real thing right?" It felt rhetorical but I still nodded my head yes, entranced with what I was viewing. "Thank you Devon. The necklace, this. I love it, I love-" My voice trailed off and I returned my attention back to the ceiling.

He grabbed my hand and slid down in his chair.

"I know Summer. Me too."

...

"I really did have a good time tonight, thank you." I rested my head on Devon's shoulder as he walked me back to my room. "I'm glad." He cheered, squeezing my hand as we approached my door. "Are you coming in?" I had began walking inside but he wasn't following.

"I'm a gentleman Summer, I don't sleep with girls on the first date." He kissed me on the cheek before he began walking back down the hallway. "You're really not coming inside?" I called out, watching him slowly fade away down the hall.

"Good night Summer!" He laughed and disappeared around the corner.

I rolled my eyes as I threw my keys on the couch.

"Ow!"

I nearly fell over as I turned on the light to see Jess rubbing her forehead. "Why are you laying on the couch in the dark?" I asked ignoring her injury, she scared me half to death. "Sorry for throwing a pair of keys at your forehead Jess! Oh it's okay Summer!" She mocked me tossing them to the side of her.

"I am very sorry, but my question still stands."

She crossed her arms and tucked her feet under her. "I was reading something on my phone and I guess I just fell asleep, how was your date?" I sat down next to her unstrapping my heels wishing Devon was here to massage my feet. "It was amazing Jess, the exhibit was breathtaking. I had a really good time." She was now smiling ear to ear.

"What?" I questioned rubbing the sole of my foot.

"Nothing, I just like seeing you like this. Happy I mean, it looks good on you." She patted me on the leg before she geot up and went to her room.

I smiled to myself, letting Jess's words sink in. I did feel happier, my heart was full to the point of bursting. Devon was showing me a side of life that was beautiful and kind. He made me feel wanted and secure, something I had always longed for in a relationship.

For the first time in forever, I no longer heard the whisper of old wounds.

I could get used to this.

➳♥

END

Okay, I promise this is the last short chapter for a while!

Please forgive me <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 2.6K 31
Every summer the girls rent out an airbnb that allows two other people to rent the other half. Everytime they stay the girls wait to see who rents it...
9.1K 86 47
To my astonishment, I saw Reece situated between my legs, his actions mirroring those of someone savouring their favorite treat. The shock and ecstas...
28.1K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...
29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...