Those Woods

By lavenderlilybeauty

How can you miss someone even when you don't remember them? But yes, I miss them- my family, my past. What ma... More

Amnesia
Fear
Strangers Of Hope
Rose
Argument
Mystery To Own Self
Attack
Rules
Confusion
Anger
Punishment
Worry
Memory
Protect
Words
Panic
Track
A Fighter
Promise
Departure
New team
Acquaintance
Friends
Past Talk
Scared
Convince
Help
Little One
Set Things Right
New Member
Mistake
Accusation
Another Family
The Perfect Girl
The Right Thing
Best For You
In The Woods
Don't Let Me Go
Just Don't Go
Efforts

Truth

11 3 8
By lavenderlilybeauty

                                                               "Let me know who is it."

All eyes snapped on the person, who just had the gut to say this, and to their disappointment, once again the least interested person said the most important thing.

Jake Collins.

Shawn being Shawn, stepped in front of him, "How do you know? Did you do anything to her? Did you take any advantage of her when she was unconscious? Because then I'm just gonna rip off your throat and fed it to the bears, you understand me?"

Jake shot him a weird look, "With her? Ew, I have got a standard, you prick."

"Are you saying that-"

Rose cut him off, "Stop both of you, Jake, please tell me, let me know who is it," she sniffled. Her heart started to pump faster, she wanted to know, whoever it was, she wanted to know him, maybe remember him again, she was panicking hard, to know who it was, who gave her such a gift that came to her as a blessing. A blessing that was gonna change her life.

Jake cleared his throat, but got cut off, by Rick," How do we know that you're telling us the truth?" 

"Why would I lie?" Jake replied.

"Maybe because you never cared for her," Ethan retorted, huffing.

"Look, all I wanted to do was help, if you don't want it, then fine by me," Jake said, his eyes showing blank expression.

"I want to know," Rose pleaded, "Please, I need to know."

"Okay," Jake shot a look to Arnold that simply bore one message I-know-you-won't-like-it-but-I'm-sorry.

Jake opened his mouth but once again got cut off, this time, just the person who he expected, and that meant Arnold understood who he was going to refer.

"Don't you think we should talk about it at first? If you know just staying here two days, then I also know," Arnold said, his tone warning, his eyes holding fear, once again, he lost, this time was a very big defeat, he lost the girl once again, was there any way Rose could escape this? 

He could escape this? Or simply he could just tell his name instead, sure it was gonna hurt him, a lot, knowing that child was not his, but just for the sake of Rose, he could take the responsibility of the unborn child, right?

Jake, probably understanding the situation, offered him a smile, "Arnold, I don't want any of them getting any wrong idea, I know you want to help or something, but trust me, although you stayed here longer than me, you don't know what I know," he once again shot him a look and mouthed "I'll tell you later."

Jake knew what he was doing very well, but he also wanted Arnold to step aside, he found Rose after a long time, the truth was worth it and the least thing he needed was Arnold messing things up, he knew very well, if Arnold got the chance, he wouldn't let the truth come out, he was as blind, as obsessed with the brown-headed girl.

Jake then turned to Rose, "Rose, I know you don't remember me, but I remember you, the same polite junior in my math class, who could answer all of the problems within a minute, but you had no pride for that, the same girl with whom an important athlete in our school fell in love."

Rose was smiling till she heard the last sentence coming out of his mouth, someone fell in love with her? Who was it? Was it someone she knew?

Probably sensing her confusion, Jake smiled, "Sit here, Rose," he motioned to the green grass, "Let me tell you a story."

Arnold interrupted, "Just tell the name, damn it, you don't have to remember her everything."

"What's your problem?" said Landon, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I...uh..." he clenched his jaw and all of a sudden, stormed away in his tent, he couldn't bear to see her remembering that one person gradually who he feared the most for her to remember.

Rose scrunched her eyebrows, why Arnold suddenly walked away, she didn't understand, but instead, she paid concentration to Jake's story.

"Once there was a sad boy, who had everything in life, but what he wanted most, what he needed most, he was suffering every second remembering the absence of it, love... But suddenly, he found someone who cared for him, who loved him, in every step, the girl was with him, easing his tasks, they made a great couple, and they had a lot of adventures together, at the same time, another boy liked the girl, but the girl was so in love with the boy, she didn't even notice, the same went for the boy, he loved the girl so much, then they got married and the girl got pregnant, but the boy was not the first to hear this, because when the girl found out this, the boy was somewhere out there, searching for his love, his wife, the reason of his being alive."

Rose didn't know when she started crying but when Jake shot her a sympathetic look, she immediately knew that the girl was she, but who was the boy?

As if, understanding the huge question on her mind, Jake smiled, "Edward Simmons."

One name, but it was enough to beat her heart like she was running for a marathon.

One name, enough to know the answer.

One name and she knew, she just knew the name was familiar to her, more than familiar.

One name, that made her feel so many things at a time.

One name, that felt like home.

Her lips quivered, why was the name sound so familiar? So whatever Jake said, was true.

Suddenly something flashed in her memory, something that she should've remembered a long time ago.

"My name is Rose. Rose Sterling." The brown-haired girl smiled at the boy, the boy returned the smile, "Jack, Jack Dawson."

With her big light brown eyes, she squealed, "Really? What a coincidence, my name's Rose and you're Jack. Just don't die please, I hate the ending of Titanic." She smiled sadly, she had never been a fan of Titanic, such a tragedy, and not to mention the things they do.

Suddenly she frowned, "Seriously? Like Jack Dawson? Why you're named exactly after this handsome but hopeless character?"

She scrunched her eyebrows once again seeing the boy laughing, although he was laughing at her, her mood was immediately lifted up, at least he was laughing, that was the thing she was trying to do for the last hour.

"You..really...thought...my name ...was...Jack...Dawson?" he managed between laughs, she should've felt bad at his stupid prank, but she didn't know why she felt warm and bubbly inside, he had a good laugh, and she smiled.

"Okay, sorry," after he calmed down, he introduced himself, "The name is Edward Simmons, my lady," he said in a strong British accent, and he was good at that. She frowned, why she hadn't noticed it earlier? Because she was too busy saving him. And he just emphasized now.

"Where are you from?" before she knew it, she asked the question.

"Glasgow," replied the curly-headed boy.

"Okay, so not-Jack-but-Edward, can we head home? It's getting dark," said the girl, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Yes, love."

She was crying the whole time, and just by the look on her face, they knew whatever Jake said was true, she remembered the boy. She sniffled and cried again, why she didn't remember that?

Where was he now? And according to Jake, he was still looking for her, oh, he was looking for her, someone in her family was looking for her, and he loved her so much, she knew she loved him too, then she suddenly realized to whom that brown eyes belonged to? Edward Simmons, how she did not remember him? That's why whenever she was dreaming about the past, all she could see was him, the person who fell in love with her, who she fell in love with.

She realized she was ready to do anything just to see him again, anything. She wanted to see her husband, the same man she loved with all, she had to tell him, she needed to show him that she got pregnant, she needed him, her heart clenched and her whole body ached suddenly realizing how much she missed him, she made her decision, she was gonna see him, she took a deep breath and looked at Jake who had a smile on his face.

"I want to see him, please."

Jake's grin got bigger, "Sure."

A/N: Hello, lovelies. I just want to thank you all whoever reading this book.

Share

Comment

Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562 1 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
149 2 35
You've just woken in the woods, away from everything you know. You're dazed and confused, unable to comprehend what's just happened. As you are comin...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

2.7K 8 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
10 dying friends By Loks

Mystery / Thriller

458 38 22
Ten People who never met, into this strange world. Have forgotten all their memories, know only their names. The first one got dragged off into the...