Drowning in Blood

Bởi MentallyUnstablexoxo

Book 2 of the Blood Series! Book one: An Ocean of Bad Blood If you read book one, you don't need a descriptio... Xem Thêm

Welcome❤︎
1 ~ Good News, Bad News
2 ~ Real Life
3 ~ Same Old Love
4 - Pretty Little Gun
5 - Lunch Dates
6 - Dinner in Hell (Part 2)
7 ~ Angela The Bitch
8 ~ Double Trouble
9 ~ Mr. Control Freak
10 - Prince Not So Charming
11 - 360° + 180°
12 - Cherry on Top
14 ~ Partying With Criminals
15 ~ Alcohol You Later
16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields
17 - Hangover Central
18 - Love Letters
19 - Food Fights
20 ~ Blood Brothers
21 ~ BLADE
22 - Don't Leave Me
23 - Attempted Murder #2
24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)
25 ~ Love Language
26 ~ Camp Stories
27 ~ Camp Stories 2
28 - Self Sabotage
29 - Spider Man Ankles
30 - I'll Catch You
31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef
32 ~ Lies and Secrets
33 - Let's Rule The World
34 - My Favourite Song
35 - Sanders Again!
36 - Boiled Cow's Head
37 ~ Anything and Everything
38 ~ Truthful Terrors
39 ~ Prom Night ✨
40 - Round Two
41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette
42 - The Real Wedding Crashers (Part 2)
43 - The Show Must Go On
44 - My Anything and Everything
45 - Chase's Story!
46 - 10 Reasons I Hate/Love You
47 - The Final Page
48 - Epilogue
Author's Note

13 - What Rules?

3.2K 100 42
Bởi MentallyUnstablexoxo

Where there is anger
There is pain underneath

I finish reloading each and everyone of my guns. I made sure to sharpen my knives twice today so they're extra sharp. I take the blade and lightly touch the tip of my finger. Blood seeps out as the blade cuts with the lightest touch ever. 

"Charm! Did you hear me," I look back up at Antonio.

"Sorry what," I mutter.

"Santiago. He's only in town for two days. Today and tomorrow that's it," Antonio repeats.

"Oh yeah. Pft I know that," I quickly put my knife away but a hand grips my wrist stopping me.

"Why so sharp," Alex asks. He touches the tip of my knife soft before retreating his hand and sucking the blood on his finger. "Damn," he whispers.

"I just like sharp knives," I shrug, putting it away.

"Alright, hurt Santiago as bad as you want but do not kill him. We need him alive for interrogation. Kill him and this whole thing has gone to shit," Chase makes clear.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Do. Not. Kill. Santiago!" Chase repeats slower. I hold up my middle finger just for Chase to see.

"You don't have to speak slowly," I roll my eyes.

"Okay teams. Angela today you're with Johnson and Anderson," Chase mentions. He only goes by last names or dubs in mission meetings. AJ Johnson and Hendrix Anderson. Except he didn't go by Angela's last name. Weird.

"Oh great," Hendrix mutters sarcastically. Everyone turns to him silently. He looks up from the gun in his hands. "Oh sorry. I mean, oh great!" Hendrix exclaims this time with a more appealing emotion.

I laugh as we turn back to Chase. "Knight with Calloway," Chase says.

"Yes!" Shawn and I both high-five.

"You guys have an important job. Get Santiago," Chase slams a file right in front of me. "Don't fuck it up. Anyways Leo and Alex, Antonio you're with me," Chase gets up and walks off.

"LET'S GO!" Chase shouts from far away. Everyone scrambles to grab their stuff and get up. We all jog after Chase to the elevator.

Sorry everyone but it seems like we are on different missions. I only have one mission to complete: Kill Santiago.

•••

"This is a bullshit drill," Shawn complains. I bend down staring at the drill that barely unscrewed 2 screws.

"Here," I stand up and kick the vent. I repeat kicking until it's broken. "Guess these boots aren't that bad," I shrug taking the vent off. Chase bought me black combat boots.

"Alright ladies first," Shawn gestures towards the vent. I roll my eyes and get onto my stomach. I begin an army crawling my way into the vent. Shawn does the same. While I crawl I realize the space is now big enough for me to crawl on my knees.

"Knight! Playboy!" My body jerks in fright at the sudden voice. I completely forgot I had an earpiece in. I stop crawling and sit down next to Shawn who looks annoyed.

"What's up Scarface?" I ask.

"E.T.A for Santiago's office," he asks.

"About five minutes give or take," I shrug and continue crawling through the vent with Shawn. He follows behind.

"So Shawn, how does one receive the nickname Playboy," I question. We reach a dead end, perfect. I lean back before kicking down another vent cover with both my feet.

"Walking in on Shawn with two other girls in bed with him," AJ answers for him through the earpiece. Shawn shakes his head right as I jump out of the vent. I land on all fours before standing up.

"Shawn. Scandalous," I exaggerate a gasp. Shawn jumps out of the vent with ease landing on his feet. Shawn and I begin searching through the office.

"He was missing all morning and we went searching for him. We headed to his room, Shawn was there asleep. Two girls lying next to him in bed," Hendrix explains.

"And one on the couch!" Alex shouts.

"Three girls?" I turn to Shawn with a surprise look on my face.

"And one Shawn," Shawn holds out one of his fingers up in the air. "Don't act surprised," Shawn says and I laugh.

After searching for a few minutes I found a safe. I press my ear against the cool metal and start spinning the lock. Eventually it opens. 

"Hell yeah!" Shawn exclaims. I high-five him before looking through it while Shawn looks through his drawers. I found two notebooks with a shit ton of writing in it. I flip through the pages and quickly skim over them. All of Santiago's plans are written here. A diary.

I quickly shove them in my backpack and look back into the safe. Stacks of money. 2 stacks, $1000 each. "Ay Shawn! Dinner on daddy Santiago," I throw Shawn a band of money.

"Sweet!" Shawn shoves the money into his backpack. I shove mine into my backpack. Right as I'm about to close back the safe. Something catches my eye. A USB.

I plug it into his computer.

"Logan I need the login on the laptop," I say into my mic. Logan usually does everything we need from the headquarters. Gets us transportation, breaks into software. Anything tech related. Lately he hasn't been around because he's been busy with family related stuff. His dad died. But now he's back. 

"Santiago 53C," Logan replies almost instantly. I use the password and enter the laptop. The USB has a firewall on it. And a couple passwords and security codes.

"Unlock the USB," I add. Within seconds I'm in. "Thanks L. Muah," I mimic the sound of a kiss.

"Anytime Lucky Charms," Logan replies. I check the USB, literally everything we need is on it. Mission plans, executions, times, dates.

I quickly check the laptop realizing there's more stuff on it too. Secrets, there is even a file with Hendrix, Carmen and my name on it. What the fuck. I click download and wait for it to download onto the USB.

"Incoming. T-minus 45 seconds. Get out!" I hear Antonio's voice through my earpiece. Shawn and I quickly clean our tracks.

"Come on," Shawn leads toward the vent.

"It's almost done. 135 seconds left," I plead looking at the computer.

"Knight, there are four men walking your way with ARs. I suggest you get the fuck out," Antonio mentions. 

"Are you underestimating me again Antonio. I-"

"Luck! You are not taking four men with ARs compared to your handgun and knives. Get out of there now!" Chase scolds. He's right.

"Okay," I sigh. Shawn jumps up grabbing the top of the vent before crawling in. I grab the bottoms of the vent and throw it to him.

"Meet you in a few minutes," I tell Shawn. I run back over to the desk. 45 seconds left.

"Charm g-" Shawn freezes and slowly sinks back into the vent as the men twist the doorknob. I quickly duck under the desk hiding.

"Playboy! Status report on Charm!" I hear Alex speak.

"She's in the room with the men hiding under a desk. She didn't come up with me," Shawn sounds like he's whispering. Probably because he's a few feet away from me.

"Dammit. We need a distraction," Antonio says.

"Luck do you ever fucking listen?!" I hear Chase grumble loudly annoyed with me.

I hear the men talking and take out my earpiece ignoring my team. "He's leaving tonight. I want him on the helicopter in one hour! Keep Santiago in the truck till then!" I hear doors slam shut and let out a breath.

I get up and take the USB out and put it in my pocket. Download Completed the computer reads. I quickly put my earpiece back on hearing the goons argue about what to do.

"Shut up, I'm fine. Santiago is leaving tonight. He's going to be in the parking garage, floor 3. Blue and white truck until then," I recall everything the men said. 

"Luck, good job. But pull bullshit like that again and you're off the team," Chase makes himself clear.

"Aight, Blood," I roll my eyes as Shawn sticks his hand out of the vent. I jump grabbing it and use my feet to grip the wall as he pulls me in.

"Let's go," Shawn and I crawl our way back out the vent. We return our backpacks to the team van. We run around the building until we find the parking garage. We start running straight in and up two flights of stairs.

"There's like 20 blue and white trucks," Shawn points out as we look around.

"You check left. I'll go right," I tell Shawn. The one piece of information I left out is. Floor 3 zone 9.

I run to the right until I reach the end. One blue and white truck. I take out my earpiece and throw it on the ground. I use my foot to crush it. I take my gun out and shoot the lock off the back of the truck. I slide up the back door. I step in and close it back.

"Santiago," I greet seeing him on his laptop. His head turns to me and his eyes widen.

"You look just like your mother," he says softly as he takes off his glasses and squints his eyes.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now?" I ask, holding my gun up. I slowly walk towards him. I don't want to use my gun.

I want him to suffer.

"Do it. You don't have it in you," he gets up and I grab his wrist, flipping him over. He groans in pain as I grab rope and tie his legs together. I punch him whenever he resists and tie his hands together.

I spit blood out of my mouth. Bastard got in one punch.

I drag his body up so he's leaning against the wall of the truck. "Why did you do it?" I ask, pulling out my knife. I begin trailing it down his arm. I press my hand against his mouth as he lets out a scream.

I retract my knife and hand waiting for an answer.

"Well I guess I could tell you. She was pregnant," he shrugs and I punch him in the face repeatedly. His face gets bloody and bruised as I can't contain my anger. I stand up.

"You not only killed my mother but my future sibling?" I ask.

"Half sibling," he spits blood out to his left. He laughs carelessly, making my blood boil even more.

"Half," I question. He flashes me a sly grin and I kick his stomach repeatedly.

"Amaba a tu mamá. Pero la mafia primero," he speaks Spanish. (I loved your mom. But mafia first)

"Mentiroso. no te creo," I shout back. (Liar. I don't believe you). Hendrix Spanish lessons have really paid off. I caught on pretty quick. Too quick.

"Alright Charm. I'm teaching you Spanish," my mom takes her hand and lightly brushes my cheek. "Okay," I sit down in front of her. "You're going to learn to read, write and speak Spanish," she drops Spanish books, a dictionary and notebook in front of me. "First thing I want you to know always. Te Amo,"  she says. "Te Amo," I try out. She nods as a tear slips out of her eye. "Perfect," she kisses my forehead lightly. "Now let's do this," she sits down next to me.

I thought I remembered everything. I thought my amnesia was gone. I already knew Spanish before.

"You remember. Perfecta," he says. I turn back looking down at Santiago. I quickly wipe a fallen tear. No tears, no fear. I take in a deep breath and out.

"You're going to regret ever meeting her," I bend down to his level.

"You can't kill me. You need me, good luck," he spits to the side before facing me.

"Yeah you're right. But I don't ummm... como se dice...  give a fuck," I take my knife and slash his throat. I stab him a few times like a bat hitting a piñata. His blood splashes all over but that's the last of my concern.

The back of the truck door opens and Shawn walks in. 

"Holy fuck what did you do?!" Shawn asks. He runs to Santiago to feel his pulse. "You killed him," Shawn whispers.

A loud slam sounds and Shawn and I look to the back of the truck. Someone closed the door. We run to it and try to lift it. Someone locked it. We both slip onto the ground as the truck begins driving.

"What the fuck did you do?" Shawn asks as we get off the floor. Santiago's corpse slides towards us and we fall over once again like bowling pins.

"I fucked up."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

410K 10.3K 37
Renzo Lucarelli is the heir of the biggest mafia in Italy and one of the biggest ones in the world. He is cold, ruthless and cares only about his maf...
957K 18.8K 18
𝐀 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 Book Two in The Bittersweet Series. Created: 04/01/20 Published: 05/01/20 Completed...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
2.1M 62K 95
The Mafia Heirs #2 Alessio Romano's life has never been easy. He changed from the world's best hitman to a powerful and feared mafia leader. Thea Go...