My Long Journey as a Shinobi...

By EmberCode

**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shiz... More

Prologue
Part One - Naruto series
Chapter 1 - Him
Chapter 2 - Team 7
Chapter 3 - First Mission
Chapter 4 - After the Mission
Chapter 5 - Chunin Exams (part one)
Chapter 6 - Chunin Exams (part two)
Chapter 7 - New Friend
Chapter 8 - Something's Not Right About Her
Chapter 9 - (y/n) vs Kagome
Chapter 10 - Closer
Chapter 11 - Birthday (part one)
Chapter 12 - Birthday (part two)
Chapter 13 - Birthday (part three)
Chapter 14 - Birthday (part four)
Chapter 15 - Betray (part one)
Chapter 16 - Betray (part two)
Chapter 17 - Betray (part three)
Chapter 18 - Lightning Cat
Chapter 19 - Training
Chapter 20 - Imprint
Chapter 21 - Promise
End of Part One
Part Two - Before Shippuden
Chapter 22 - New Journey
Chapter 23 - Brother
Chapter 24 - Dreams
End of Part Two
Part Three - Naruto Shippuden
Chapter 25 - Hidden Sand Village
Chapter 26 - Team Kakashi
Chapter 27 - Home
Chapter 28 - Sasuke Mission (part one)
Chapter 29 - Sasuke Mission (part two)
Chapter 30 - Babysit
Chapter 31 - Jealous?
Chapter 32 - Our Revenge
Chapter 33 - Cee vs (Y/N)
Chapter 34 - A Sad Aftermath
Chapter 35 - Confession
Chapter 36 - War Begins With An End
Please Forgive Me!!!
Chapter 37 - Master of Shizengan
End of Part Three
Part Four - The Last
Chapter 40 - A (not) Perfect Day
Chapter 41 - Gone Again
Chapter 42 - Arena
Chapter 43 - Fight For Love
Chapter 44 - Our Journey
End of Part Four
Thank You!

Chapter 38 - Smile

343 11 1
By EmberCode

Third Person Point of View

The war is over, but not for Naruto and Sasuke. The two continued to fought each other till the end. Kakashi Sensei, Sakura, and (y/n) caught up to them and found them at the place they knew would be at. Landing on the destroyed statues of Madera and the first Hokage.

"There they are," Sakura said.

"Of course they would be here," Kakashi Sensei said.

Sakura and (y/n) look at each other before they jump down to the boys. Kakashi Sensei let them go and watches his students from where he sits. The girls quickly saw the boys have lost one of their arms and quickly starts healing them. For a while, there's only silence between the four.

"Thanks, Sakura-chan and (y/n)," Naruto said while smiling. Happy to see the girls had found them in time.

"Sakura... I-"

"Be quite," Sakura cuts him off. "I need to concentrate."

Sasuke was stay silent for a moment. He watches the girls heal them, but feels he doesn't deserves to be healed up by both of them. Mainly healed by Sakura. He's been nothing but a jerk to her. Tried to kill her most of the time just to get her to stop. Yet she still doesn't stop no matter how much he pushed her anyway.

Sasuke watches Sakura heal him for a while until he speaks again,"I'm sorry..." he finally apologized to her.

"Sorry? For what?" Sakura said while trying to hold her tears from releasing.

"For everything..." Sasuke answers her.

"You should be... Really... You..." Sakura couldn't hold her tears anymore and finally cries. "Damn... idiot.."

While Sakura tears falls from her face and stops healing, (y/n) continues to heal for her while keeping her head down. Sasuke eyes lands on (y/n) and noticed her head is hung and sees her shoulders slightly shaking. He knew she must be crying as well and he was the cause of it as well.

Flashback

"No! Kagome!" (Y/n) shouts from inside Sasuke's Susano while the Black Zetsu takes Kagome. She was going to step out of the Susano until she was stop by Sasuke. His hand on her shoulder while locking eyes.

"You know what will happen if you step out of there," Sasuke said to her and slowly let's go of her shoulder.

(Y/n) knew if she leaves out of Sasuke's Susano, she would end up like the others. She turns off her Shizengan and sits down on the ground. Regaining her chakra and strength while they wait. After a moment, she noticed Sasuke is still watching her.

"What?" She asked him.

"You could've told me," Sasuke said to her. She knew he is talking about Itachi. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"He wanted me to keep it a secret until you come back to the village," (y/n) answered. "It hurts me too. Losing him. Itachi was like a brother to me too and you knew that too."

Author: Read The Life of Kagome Kaguya to find out what happened to Kagome!!

End of Flashback

Sasuke knew he also caused her a lot of pain. He done something he would never ever thought of doing to her which was hurting her like her father did. He left her to cry. He refused to listen. He doesn't deserves love her. He knew she doesn't have any feelings for him anyway, but he guess that's what made him hate her more. The fact someone he likes couldn't do the same.

"(Y/n)..." Sasuke said to her but she didn't respond. "(Y/n), I'm sorry for everything too. I really am-"

"Pfft...!"

Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura eyes widen and look at (y/n). Shock to hear what came out of (y/n)'s mouth. (Y/n) slowly starts to laugh more. She lifts up her head to reveal her bright smile. The others watch and listen, for the first time ever, smiling to big and bright while laughing. While do so, she is also releasing tears of joy.

"Haha, I'm sorry." (Y/n) said to them while laughing and whip tears off her face. "But- hahaha! I can't seem to stop laughing. Sakura,- haha, you look funny when you try to not cry. Haha!"

(Y/n) was more than just laughing at Sakura. It was more like an excuse for her to use. However, the other finally understands what she's feeling. She's smiling, laughing, and crying all at once because she's happy to see Team 7 are together again. Soon enough, Naruto starts laughing with (y/n). Sasuke slightly joins in with little laughs and a smile.

"Damn you, (y/n)," Sakura said while she continues to cry. "You were supposed to not be like those idiots..."

While Team 7 enjoys their moment together, Kakashi Sensei continues to observe his students. Remembering the first time he met them. Comparing them from back then to now. He takes a closer look at (y/n)'s smile. He's just as amazed to see her smile like that. He remembered the dream (y/n) made up which is to smile.

"Ha," Kakashi Sensei said. "Sasuke completed his goal. Now (y/n) too. I wonder what her next dream is."

Weeks Later

"Why do you want to meet here?" (Y/n) asks Sasuke.

"It's where we had a wrong way of saying goodbye, so it's good to replace that," Sasuke answers her.

It's been months since the war and everything went back to normal. Kakashi Sensei became the 6th Hokage. Naruto became even more popular all over the world. Sakura's hair grew. Sasuke was locked up the moment he set foot in the village. Now, he's been release per Kakashi's orders. Letting him walk around as a free man despite the crimes he had done. But before he leaves, he wants to do a proper goodbye to (y/n) at the spot where they had their last unfairly parting.

"Is Kiba still there?" Sasuke asks her and she nods.

(Y/n) turns her head to the right. Kiba leans on the tree with his arms crossed and Akamaru by his side. Kiba just wanted to make sure Sasuke won't hurt (y/n) again. Despite having Spicy with her, he wanted to make sure she's alright. As well as give Sasuke a hint that she belongs to him.

"It's annoying that I'm being watched, but when he does it, it's fine," (Y/n) said then slowly moves her right hand on her left shoulder. "You know I don't hate you anymore. For what happened."

"I know and I'll never stop apologizing for that," Sasuke said. "You were the first I had said goodbye too which was too horror. So I wanted you to be the first again at a same spot. Replacing with a better farewell. One where you'll know I'll be fine and may come back. If I feel like it."

Sasuke not only want to replace a bad goodbye to a good one. He also wants to say goodbye to the feelings he held for (y/n). There's no defense on it. He never showed anything for her to notice his feelings for her. He was pushed her away when his clan was killed off. He was jealous that everything was easy for her. He was mad at her when she was right about not able to kill Itachi. He broke his promise which was to never hurt her and make her cry. He later on hurt her more after feeling betrayed that she knew Itachi's reasons. He abandoned her.

"You know, Sakura's feelings for you is stronger than mine," I said to him which got his attention. "For me, like Itachi, you're like a brother to me. Of course, I will worried about you a lot and hope you eating good. Sakura would do all that for me. She really did everything to get you back more than Naruto and I did. She really likes you, so think about it while your gone."

Sasuke only grins, "Yeah, I guess I should..." Sasuke said. (Y/n) turns her head to see Kakashi Sensei and Sakura. Sasuke turns his head to see them too then looks back at (y/n). "I guess it's time."

"I guess it is..." (y/n) said feeling a little upset.

(Y/n) knew its from the best. She knew Sasuke wasn't made to stay in one place. Especially, at in a cell. She knew he needed this. To travel alone to make up for his crimes. To help the Leaf Village from far off. Although she will miss him and worried, she knows he'll be fine.

"I'll keep you updated. All of us will." She said to him. He knew that she meant Naruto and Sakura. But mostly Naruto.

"Alright," Sasuke said.

Sasuke walks a few sets to go past (y/n). However, he stops half way. His right hand moves to land on (y/n)'s left shoulder. (Y/n) looks at him and made eye contact. The two stay silent. Nothing but the gentle breeze making the only noise.

"Goodbye, (y/n)" Sasuke said to her and give her shoulder a light squeeze.

"See you soon, Sasuke-kun," (y/n) said with a smile.

Sasuke grins and let's go of her shoulder. He finally walks past her. Instead of not looking back and crying on the grass, (y/n) turns to see Sasuke's back walking away from her. She watches him joins with Kakashi Sensei and Sakura. Sasuke and Kakashi Sensei start making there way to the gate. Sakura pause for a moment waiting for (y/n). She shakes her head to Sakura. Letting her know that she's not coming with them. Sakura nods and give her a soft smiles before joining the guys. Spicy purrs while his head on her leg. (Y/n) picks him up in her arms and hugs him.

"That was lame," Kiba said now walking up to (y/n). "At least it's over and he's out of the village-"

"Don't talk about my brother that way," (y/n) cuts him off.

"Huh?! Seriously?! You're calling him 'brother' now?!" Kiba shouts. "Don't pretend I didn't hear you say 'Sasuke-kun' because I did and you did it on purpose!"

(Y/n) release a soft laugh, "You're too protective," she said to him. "I don't know why, but you need to calm down. Plus, Sasuke is still a comrade, remember?"

"Yeah, fine. Okay." Kiba said to her. Akamaru hit his nose on Kiba's hand. Telling him to ask her on a date now. "So, if you're not busy today, we should go get dinner. We'll order a go-to box for Alice and the twins."

"Not Today." (Y/n) answwr him. "The girls and I are supporting Sakura. In case, she cries or sneak out of the village to follow him. You should do the same for Naruto. Take him for ramen after he finish his classes."

"I guess the guys and I can do that," Kiba said while scratching the back of his head. "How about tomorrow?"

"Sure. That's fine. See you tomorrow." (Y/n) said before walking away.

After she was out of sight, Kiba drops down to the ground. "Ahhh! Why is it still so hard to ask her out every time?"

"Bark bark!" Akamaru barks to him.

"You're right!" Kiba agrees to him. "This is like a mission. Tomorrow I'll tell her. I'll take her to that new restaurant they open for vegetarians. That girl who was flirting with me said she'll give out a discount."

"Bark!" Akamaru growls and barks.

"C'mon, she was flirting with me," he said to him. "I mean, who wouldn't? I fought in the Fourth Great Ninja War. Girls are wanting me even more now. Too bad my eyes are already on one girl for a long time."

Later That Day - (Y/N)'s Point of View

"Feeling okay now, Sakura?" Tenten asks Sakura.

"Great, but it won't stop me from missing him so much. I am happy for him," Sakura answers while touching her forehead.

'She still hasn't told me why she kept touching her forehead...' I said in my thoughts.

"And you, (y/n)?" Tenten asks me.

"Fine, really," I answer her.

"I'm glad you two and Naruto won't moan over in depression every time we said Sasuke's name," Ino said to Sakura and I.

"Naruto-kun! Naruto-kun!" I hear three fan girls shout Naruto's name.

We all look out the window to see Naruto. Along with his new fan girls. We watch him smile and scratch the back of his head. My eyes lands on Hinata. She looks away from Naruto and looks down at her food with sad expression.

"Hey, there's no need to be upset," I told her. Wishing I know a better way to comfort her.

"No, I'm alright," Hinata said. "I'm happy for Naruto-kun... But... I didn't expect him to have so much fans..."

"Don't worried, Hinata," Sakura said to her.

"Yeah, Sakura is right," Ino agrees. "Besides, (y/n) should be the one worrying. I saw Kiba starting to flirt around more."

"He has?" I ask with a little concern and confuse.

"Yeah," Tenten answers my question. "But don't worry. You are all he thinks about~!"

"What do you mean?" I ask them.

"You didn't know?" Ino asks me. "Kiba obviously have feelings for you-"

'He has feelings for me???'

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 795 58
Shiori Senju, a smart and talented girl becomes the youngest clan leader in history then graduates from the academy becoming a kunoichi (Genin). Her...
297K 7.3K 91
𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 happy girl with a smile that could light up any room, she had a bright personality and a warm feeling that attracts you to her. She w...
775K 31.4K 140
The life of a Shinobi is difficult to endure as we come across many obstacles that are tragic, but we have hope to achieve peace and protect our love...
27.2K 803 38
*COMPLETE & FINISHED EDITING* This is a modern version story of Naruto. (L/N) (Y/N) is from a rich family. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her f...