The Mighty Force

By tylerstormx

Four siblings born from a distant planet were sent to Earth when their father, Caldor, was executed by the au... More

Authors' note
Chapter 1 Caldor's Decision
Authors' Note
Chapter 2 Grown Up, Caldor's children
Chapter 3 Grown Up, Caldor's Children Part 2
Chapter 4 Heritage
Chapter 6: Seth Ex Savage
Chapter 7 An Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 8 The Embodiment Of Decomposition
Chapter 9 A Destructive Battle, Diana Vs Dan
Chapter 10 Gordon initiates an attack.
Chapter 11 The Knight Of Bloodshed
Chapter 12 An Extraterrestrial Attack
Chapter 13 A Ferocious Adversary
Chapter 14 The Firstborn, Meet Your Eldest Brother
Chapter 15 A Big Battle Insues
Chapter 16 Adding Fuel To The Blaze
Chapter 17 Is Blood Thicker Than Water?
Chapter 18 The Beggining Of A New Alliance
Chapter 19 Seth's Persuit
Chapter 20 Kendall Coleman
Chapter 21 Unprecedented, A Duel Breaks Out
Chapter 22 Follow Your Moral Compass
Chapter 23 Escape Seth's Ship
Chapter 24 An Intimate Session
Chapter 25 Hail Of Tragedy
Chapter 26 Hail Of Tragedy Part Two
Chapter 27 A Devistating moment
Chapter 28 The Turbulent Storm Continues
Chapter 29 Self Introspection
Chapter 30 Regrouping: Coming To Terms With The Past
Chapter 31 An Attack At The Time Square
Chapter 32 An Eye For An Eye
Chapter 33 A Light In The Darkness
Chapter 34 A Powerful Bond
Chapter 35 An Iron Body
Chapter 36 Your Greatest Strenght Can Be Your Downfall
Chapter 37 United We Stand
Chapter 38 It's Not The End of The Road
Chapter 39 A Looming Threat

Chapter 5: Manifestation

77 22 43
By tylerstormx

The moon had returned to the pulpit once more. She was not alone, as usual, as she peered over the planet and was surrounded by her fervent followers, who shone like diamonds all around her. Bright flashes of light from her aura and millions of her followers filled the sky. The moon and the stars were not the only illumination sources, though. The Arctic's pitch-black sky had shades of green.

Despite the beauty of the sky, the Arctic's temperature couldn't be considered beautiful. As a consequence of the ongoing drop in temperature, the landscape was also covered with ice in addition to the snow. The boulders that had been buried in the snow were now ice sculptures. A nearby lake also had been frozen solid.

Sam, nevertheless, departed the mountain from which he had emerged. He was tormented by a string of seemingly, endless thoughts. He was still unable to accept that he was not human and had siblings spread out over the entire state.

While these thoughts troubled him, only one thought pierced his heart like a spear. It was the fact that his Earth-born parents were aware of his true identity and chose not to inform him. Only after his late father, Jeffery Austin, told him about this epiphany, that was when he felt duped and deceived. He was unhappy, but he still had to locate his siblings.

Finally, he reached his destination. He walked over to the jet and pulled out something resembling a remote control. He signaled Barney, his pilot, by pressing the red button on it. Barney unlocked the door and let the staircase descend. Sam entered the vehicle and passed out on the couch.

"Mr. Austin? Thank God you're alive. I was worried sick about you," Barney said as he stepped out of the cockpit. 

He chuckled and crossed his arms behind his head, "Don't worry, Barney. I am ok. I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about."

"I understand, sir. Anyways, how was your adventure? Did you find what you were looking for?" He asked with excitement.

Sam crossed his legs and paused briefly, "It was fine. And yes, I did find what I was looking for. By the way, thanks for your help."

He took out his cap and lowered his head, "It's a pleasure, sir."

"Let's head back home, shall we?" 

"Yes, sir." the pilot said.

************

At Codex, Gordon was preparing for a launch off at the airstrip. He got on a space scout ship and established the earth's coordinates. When he was finished, a flash of fire startled the thrusters into action and lifted the aircraft upward. He assumed the helm and piloted the craft out of Codex's atmosphere.

Sometime later, it was time for him to sleep, but before that, he went to the bathroom and showered. While he did that, the scout spacecraft continued its journey on autopilot. He went into the bathroom and took a bath inside a glass cube.

A stream of water was let loose by the cube-shaped structure through four pipes fastened to its panels. Coming from all sides, the water hit gently against his body as he covered himself in a purple, jelly-like substance. Like a bar of soap, the matter was made of many bubbles. He was troubled by a flood of recollections as he bathed, though.

These were recollections of a time when Caldor was alive. His wife had just given birth to their offspring. The two watched over the four babies who were placed in babypotcods.

"I've been a scientist for far longer than I could imagine. I have invented a lot of mind-boggling creations, Gordon. Our ancestors would deem these inventions impossible, but I did it," Caldor said excitedly as he looked at his offspring. They were fast asleep.

Gordon looked at him with a smile while he continued, "Even though I have done the impossible, there is no doubt that my greatest creation is my children. They are everything to me, my blood, sweat, and equity. If there even came a time when I had to choose between them and my life, I'd sacrifice my life for them."

Caldor gazed into his friend's eyes and held his shoulders firmly. What came next was astounding, "Look, Gordon, If something happened to them, even in death, my spirit would not rest knowing full well that my sacrifices to protect them were in vain."

He struck the squared-like structure with force to let out his frustration. It soon became apparent that his conscious consumed him. It's not surprising, though, because he now knew what Caldor meant by those words.

"Enough, what's done is done. I cannot go back to fix my mistakes. I am an elite soldier; remorse is nothing but a weakness. I will deliver Caldor's children to the Council, and nothing will stop me!" Gordon exclaimed, trying his best not to divert from his goal.

***********

Sam was gone for three days, traveling to the Arctic. After finally getting to the blue city, New York, Barney landed the aircraft at the airfield. Meanwhile, Jonathan was cleaning the marble table at the Penthouse. Once the elevator doors opened, he was filled with joy.

"Welcome back, Master Austin."

"Good to see you, Jon. I have so much to tell you." Sam said with a smile.

The two enveloped each other with an embrace.

"Mariko called," Jonathan said as they broke away from the embrace.

"Oh really? What did she say?" He asked excitedly, as a smile crossed his face

"That she's coming to New York to finalize the deal that you and the Watanabes' have been working on for the last four years," Jonathan replied. 

"I can't wait," he replied with an ingratiating smile.

Sam then walked toward the glass wall and watched over the city, "Jonathan, could you tell me more about my late father? Who is he? Does he have any secrets or even kids with someone I'm unaware of?"

Jonathan stepped forward and answered, "Quite frankly, sir, I may have worked with your father for decades and served him. As for secrets, I do not know of any. What I do know is that he is a good man. He worked hard to make Austin Industries what it is today."

He nodded and pursed his lips, "I see," He answered.

However, Jonathan could perceive trouble taking hold of his heart.

"If I may? Why do you ask me of this so suddenly? Have you not spent enough time with him?"

Sam tucked his hands in his pockets and answered, "Just asking."

He turned to face Jonathan, "Anyways, could you leave the company in Phillip's hands while I'm gone." 

Jonathan furrowed his eyebrows and said, "I do not understand. You are already here. Why should Philip cover for you?" 

Sam approached him and placed his hand on his shoulder. He was in a bit of a trance. But eventually, he replied to his inquiry, "Let's just say I'll be on a hiatus for the next few weeks."

Jonathan spoke out of concern, "But sir, as the C.E.O., you can't choose to walk in and out of the company as you please. You need to take full responsibility for Austin Industries." 

"Trust me on this. There is something important that I need to do."

************

The sun packed her luggage and was ready to depart as Dallas' sky was drenched with orange and scarlet hues. She told the residents she would return the following morning to comfort them. She shouted her farewell as the sky turned inky black.

In the meantime, the Roadhogs were coming up with a scheme to atone for the humiliation they suffered at a local farmer's hands. Bulldozer wrapped an ice-filled handkerchief around his hand. His hand was purple and ached at the same time. A pretty young woman rubbed Marshall's back as he was lying on a gurney.

"Ah, yeah, that's the spot!" Marshall murmured.

In the meantime, Blob sat on a chair and held a cigar to his lips. He watched Dasher play pool while releasing a clunk of smoke through his mouth.

"General, what are we going to do with that jackass?" Blob inquired. He placed the cigar in his mouth once more and inhaled.

"Oh, him," replied Marshall before chuckling. 

Dasher paused his game of pool and pulled out a set of photos, as advised before their rendezvous. He threw them on the table for Blob and Bulldozer to examine. The three approached the table and glanced at them. These were images of Dan mowing his lawn and milking his cows.

"I got a bit of intel on our friend. It was nice of him to give his name out so easily. Now that we know where he lives, I believe it's time we visited him," Marshall said. He groaned, enjoying the magical touch of the attractive masseuse.

While he spoke to his devoted followers, she formed her hands into the shape of a spear and started beating him in the back.

"That son of a bitch picked a fight with us, and now he is going to pay with his blood." 

*********

A fleet of twenty-two black vans gathered outside the Roadhog's compound a short while later. The individuals inside the trucks were presumably Roadhog associates. As soon as Marshall and his three men exited the facility, they got in their cars and drove out toward the suburbs of Dallas.

Dan was mowing the field in the meantime. Additionally, he loaded the crops onto the back of his tiny truck. When he was finished, he entered the car and turned it on. A little while later, he drove out of the field and traveled along a gravel, dusty route toward the major road. Two agricultural fields surrounded the pathway he drove on, serving as an entry and an exit to the farm.

The Roadhogs appeared suddenly on the horizon, traveling in a convoy. After exiting the main highway, they sped through the gravel path and met the farmer.

"Well, I'll be an ocean monkey's uncle. They took my advice," he said with a smirk.

He slammed on the truck's brakes and peered at his image in the mirror above. His hand was on his cowboy hat, which he moved a little downward. He then removed the straw that was protruding from his mouth.

"Looks like we're gonna have fun."

He went outside after opening the door. He then shut the door from behind and approached the stumbling vans. He clenched his fists as the Roadhogs exited their vehicles and loaded ammunition into their weapons. Given their desire, it was not absurd to say this was overkill, as they wanted to pelt him with thousands of bullets. Dan, though was not your typical male. He was more. On the other hand, he was an entity that seemed to be inconceivable.

Marshall got out of one of the vans and had a stare-down with Dan from a further distance.

"Howdy, fellas, welcome to my humble abode." He took off his hat and nodded.

Marshall and the gang scoffed at him, "You know, for someone about to die. Shouldn't you be on your knees, singing your prayers?"

He placed his hat back on his head and held his hips, "Well, sir, I'm just one bad mother fucker. I got these to help me whoop your ass," He said, pausing for some time and showing them his clenched fists afterward. His fists were big and mighty. The clump of veins protruding from the top section of his fists reinforced the image of vine branches growing from his skin. 

Marshall took out a crucifix necklace beneath his shirt. He rubbed the object and showed him from afar, "I have this, my lucky charm. The Lord's going to be by my side. That's why I don't need no prayers."

Dan pursed his lips and nodded. Marshall had bravery that he admired. His beliefs, however, appeared to be at odds with one another. From his perspective, it was illogical to believe that murder and sanctity could coexist.

"Well then, let's see what you got," insisted Dan.

Without hesitation, he ordered his men to launch the attack.

"Kill him!"

He stood there, motionless, while they kept firing at him. Within a few seconds, Marshall's eyes lit up in shock. He had never seen a man resist a barrage of bullets. No matter how many times they reloaded their weapons with fresh rounds, they could not kill him. It even got to the point that they ran out of ammunition. As soon as that happened, terror swept all around them as they repeatedly depressed the triggers.

Once more, Dan smirked. Well aware that he had the ball in the bag.

"Now it's my turn to play."

He pointed his right hand at one of the vans and released a flame burst. The flames destroyed the van as they ate away at its metal components. The fire didn't take long to reach the engine and the gasoline tank.

"What kind of sorcery is this?" They marveled.

"The right kind. Welcome to my world, boys," he said with a smirk.

"We don't see this every day," exclaimed Dasher.

The ravenous flames broke the windows of the vans and met with the gasoline tank. As the fire engulfed the tank, an amber spark fell to the gasoline, setting off a massive explosion.

Numerous Roadhogs were thrown into the air by the explosion's shock wave. A sizable portion of the explosion's flames spread to further vans. When Marshall and several of his men realized what had transpired, they decided to take a different path. It soon became apparent that they were dealing with a supernatural entity. He could not be killed or even grazed by human-made weapons. Dan pointed his unclenched hand towards them while the Roadhog's trembled as a flaming garnish danced across his palms.

"I'm gonna say this once, leave my farm, and none of you will leave in a casket."

They glanced at one another and came to a mutual agreement. They walked away in retreat while he pursed his lips.

"Well, that went better than expected."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 335 16
It starts off with Nathalie and Gabriel going to a gala where they're asked how the pair first met. Let's just say it was...Interesting characters do...
405K 23.8K 74
A random book about the hateful things in this community.
1.7M 113K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...
27.4K 609 20
WARNING:This book may contain stuff some people may find offensive I mean like people will find this really really offensive I warned you so I really...