Vengeance

By kaylarosewrites

[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just... More

||Author's note||
||Playlist||
||Prologue||
||01|| Praised*
||02|| Clue
||03|| Under your nose
||04|| Numbed
||06|| Undercover
||07|| Blindsided
||08|| Capo
||09|| Meaningless, yet purposeful*
||10|| Helpless
||11|| Her Wings
||12|| Partner In Crime
||13|| Over And Under*
||14|| Blown Through*
||15|| Welcome Back
||16|| Self Confessions
||17|| Re-visited pain
||18|| Risks Taken
||19|| Rules Broken*
||20|| Waffle
||21|| Grenade
||22|| Collisions
||23|| Her and I*
||24|| Two-Faced
||25|| Cope
||26|| Expect The Unexpected
||27|| Recuperating
||28|| One bed
||29|| Agosto?
||30|| Volunteer
||31|| Grave
||32|| Euphoric*
||33|| Letter
||Epilogue*||
||Thank You!||
17 years later: Angela's POV

||05|| Bodies drop

44.3K 1.4K 939
By kaylarosewrites

Oakleys POV

My gaze doesn't leave Vals, her face being the same one that hovered over mine ten years ago. I raised my gun and pointed it towards her.

"Olivia shut the door," I ordered Olivia, and I heard the door close behind me.

The small house was dim, the light above the counter illuminating Val's face as she sipped her glass of wine. She was much older, as expected, since the last time I saw her.

"How did you know we were coming?" I asked, my gun still pointed at her. "How do you know my name?" 

"I assumed you would have questions for me after all these years. I almost thought you wouldn't be able to find me with just the bullet. You've proven you're just as smart as I thought." She said waving a hand out to a seat across the counter, "Come sit."

"I don't want to fucking sit! I want answers." I exclaimed, breathing through my teeth.

"The place you went to and stabbed poor Judy in the hand, that wasn't any old shooting range. It's a cover-up, a decoy. She informed me of your arrival just after you left," She explained as I slowly walked towards her, my gun still locked onto her head just in case she tries anything stupid.

"A cover-up for what?" I asked with hostility.

"The Mafia, of course," She answered.

"The Mafia?" Olivia gasped behind me, her voice pitching with interest. "I only heard about those in movies, I didn't actually think–"

I turned to her with fire in my eyes, "Liv, shut up." I pressed and she pressed her lips together.

"Yes, the Mafia. There are several ones here in New York but only two that are the most... how should I say this... Dominant. The uptown Mafia, who we call Mafia Dynemo. And the downtown is where Mafia Salvo does their deeds."

"Salvo, as in Salvo Inn?" I asked.

"Precisely, the Inn is what we call our underground system hidden right underneath the shooting range."

There was so much to think about, so many questions I wanted to ask but playing 20 questions isn't what I came here for.

"You were a part of my parents' shooting. I want to know who you were working with. Who pulled the trigger, and where are they?" I demanded.

But all she did was laugh, a low throaty chuckle as if she were mocking me.

I tighten my grip on my gun, "I don't remember making a fucking joke! So you either answer my questions or take a bullet to the head."

"You sure are just like your father," She said getting up, "Stubborn and bloody-minded."

I clicked back the safety on the gun and began walking towards her, "Say one more thing about him and I swear to God–" My voice cracked and my throat burned from the tears I was holding back just thinking of my Dad.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned to see Olivia, silently telling me to calm down. I inhaled before speaking again.

"You killed him, you and that guy and whoever was in the car with you both. You all should be dead, and I won't stop until I put a bullet through each of your heads."

"I didn't kill him–"

"You were a part of it! Which makes you just as accusable."

"'Allow me to make it up to you. I'll tell you where to find the person who pulled the trigger."

She turned around and headed towards the T.V stand against the wall in the living room.

"I'm listening."

She knelt to the floor and pulled out a cardboard box that looked like a shoebox.

"But first, lower your guns." She ordered, looking up at us. 

I lowered my gun hesitantly and so did Olivia beside me. Val opened the cover of the box and pulled out what looked like a polaroid picture. She faced it towards me and held it out. I walked up to look at it, not sure what to expect.

In the picture were two men, in a suit, holding champagne bottles. I lifted my hand and took the picture out of my hand, turning around in disbelief. My breath began to shallow as I stared at the man on the left, the broad-shouldered, full smile, man I recognized so well.

My Dad.

I spun around walking back towards her quickly.

"Where did you get this?" I asked, my tone laced with aggression. She put the cover back over the box and bent down to place it where she pulled it from.

"Your father was the leader of Salvo for a long time until you were born and he decided to leave. But the thing is, you can't just leave the Mafia whenever you want to. He ran away, with you and your mother and had stayed in hiding for a fair while before Mafia Dynemo found him." She spoke.

"He was very wanted by the uptown mafia, and when he left that showed his weakness. They never stopped looking for him. And when they finally found out where you were living, that's when we were sent out with the task to kill."

I shook my head, my eyes filling up to the brim with tears before I blinked, causing them to fall down my cheek.

"You're lying. I would know if my dad was in the fucking Mafia."

She pressed her lips together as she stood up from kneeling by the box, "No, you wouldn't have. He left his position when you were unborn. He wanted to keep you away from all of it, keep you safe from the dangerous life the Mafia brings."

My head pounded at my temples and my skin stung as if a fire were burning it by every second. I refuse to believe anything coming out of her mouth. I can't believe it, because if I do then that would mean my dad died... to protect me.

I raised my gun back towards her as tears streamed down my cheek, "I didn't come here to hear my dad's life story. You said you could tell me who pulled the trigger, so who."

"Apolo Benjamin." She answered "I had worked beside him when I was a part of Dynemo. I went through hell transitioning to Salvo, nearly getting myself killed in the process, multiple times. But I didn't agree with the uptown Mafias regulations and the way they ran things, especially when Apolo wanted to leave you to die. I'm sorry about your parents."

"I don't need your fucking pity," I spat. "Apolo, where is he now?"

"Mafia Salvo had welcomed me in only because I was a liable source into Mafia Dynemo. I knew it inside and out, so I exchanged knowledge with protection. Apollo has been wanted for years and tomorrow night is the night Salvo plans to find and kill him." She said,

"The Dynemo's are having a party for their new boss. It's said that Apolo is supposed to be there, so to avoid a complete massacre, Mafia Salvo has been given orders to go undercover to assassin Apolo."

"And where is this party supposed to take place?"

"That, I cannot tell you. We are organized, telling you will only complicate things. You will have to trust that we do the job for  you."

"That won't do." I walked up to her, my wedge boots clicking on the floor roughly as I raised my hand to her neck. I held my grip on her tightly, wanting nothing but to crush her windpipe. I don't care about anything she just told me. It changed nothing, she was still in the car, she was still with them.

"You were there," I croaked. "You were right fucking there! You could have stopped them, you could have stopped him. But you chose to be a fucking pussy and kept your mouth shut." I spewed, my breath short and rapid as my grip tightened on her throat. I raised my other hand that held my gun and pointed it at her temples.

"You will pay for it, you all will," I said. And before I could press down on the trigger Olivia's shaky voice stopped me.

"Uh... Oakley," She said.

I turned my head towards her to see Olivia standing a few feet behind me. A brown arm was wrapped around her neck, locking her in a fatal position, one wrong move and her neck could be snapped by him.

My eyes rose to the person behind her and a deep groan left my chest.

"We meet again, angel," August spoke with a sly smile. He wore a leather jacket, and black clothes underneath it. I couldn't help but recall the night we spent together, and the way he used his fingers–

I closed my eyes for a moment, cursing myself for my wandering thoughts at a time like this.

But what are the fucking chances?

He stuck his tongue out and it grazed his bottom lip, "How about you step away from Val, yeah?" he said.

"I'll consider it if you take your hands off my friend first. And lower your gun."

His lip jerked up as he tilted his head in a motion, and several footsteps echoed through the house.

Two men came from the hallway, an AR in each of their hands pointed to the floor. They were just as tall and large as August.

I rolled my eyes, and released my grip on Val's neck then stepped back. Her hand flew to her neck and rubbed the skin that was definitely sore.

"Now you," I said to him, eyeing Olivia. I held her gaze hoping she knew what to do. Her blond hair laid messily around her face and the slightest nod told me exactly what I needed to know.

August had slowly taken away his arm from around Olivia's neck and once she was free her elbow came up behind her and jabbed August in the face, causing him to stumble to the floor.

I have to move quickly. My hand flung up and pointed to the man beside August who lifted his gun to Olivia. Before he could fire, I sent a precise bullet straight into his head causing him to fall to the side, lifelessly.

I turned swiftly, ready to shoot the other guy but he was already halfway to the ground. My eyes traveled to Olivia who had her gun pointed at him.

She looked at me then down at August on the ground and pointed her gun at him.

My breath hitched, "No!" I yelled. It surprised me just as much as it surprised her. I cleared my throat as I watched him out cold on the floor. "Leave him alive... someone has to tell them that Phillip's daughter is here and didn't come to fucking play."

Phillip was my Dad, and if what Val said was true, he was the leader of the biggest Mafia in the city. There has to be some kind of significance of me being his daughter.

Olivia nodded as I turned to face Val.

"The party, where is it being held," I asked her, "I advise you tell me or you'll end up like your buddies on the floor."

She told me the location of the party. I smiled, pointing my gun at her head, "You've done wonders. But this is for my parents."

I pulled the trigger, sending a bullet through her head. Blood splattered on the wall and the TV next to us, and her body dropped to the floor in front of my feet.

On the floor beside her, I spotted the picture of my dad that she showed me, I bent down and picked up the photo, spots of blood now on it, "I'll make you proud." I whispered, putting it in my pocket and standing back up.

I walked over to Olivia, and August who was knocked out on the floor.

I walked over his body and turned around to view the room. Blood scattered the floor and walls, scarlet-colored pools covered the wooden floor and the moonlight showed through the windows glistening off the blood.

"Okay, that was fucking insane, I can't believe we just did that," Olivia said, out of breath as she walked beside me.

I put my gun back in my leggings waistline, "Get used to it because we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

[A/N] 

Sheeeesh, this chapter was action-filled, hoped you all paid attention to Val and Oakley convo. Leave feedback and your opinions, I want to see them. Make sure to Vote it's truly appreciated! Thanks for reading :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 27.4K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
491K 18.5K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...
210K 4K 38
"baby stand up.." I heard my mom whisper as she pushes my hair out of my face. "You need to stop waiting for someone to rescue you." She sighs seeing...
4.4M 88.8K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...