Every Which Way

By jojobean1298

One high school, five teenagers, an unlimited amount of chaos. After a storm wipes out Wilkinson High, Rowen... More

✨a u t h o r s n o t e✨
✨c h a r a c t e r a e s t h e t i c s✨
✨p l a y l i s t✨
Chapter 1- The Half Blush
Chapter 2- Soccer Tryouts
Chapter 3- Traitorous Pests
Chapter 4- Picture Perfect
Chapter 5- Skater Boy
Chapter 6- Beaches & Bonfires
Chapter 7- Bonfires to Burgers
Chapter 8- Shots of Shots
Chapter 9- Cafeteria Chaos
Chapter 10- Math & Mowgli
Chapter 11- Yo, Duncan!
Chapter 12- Friends First
Chapter 13- Rooster Repellent
Chapter 14- I Think I Might
Chapter 15- Useless Bonehead
Chapter 16- Okay Fine
Chapter 17- Nerf Guns & Night Time
Chapter 18- Nerf Guns & Night Time pt. 2
Chapter 19- Aurelio Gutierrez
Chapter 20- Speed Bumps & Smoothies
Chapter 21- Just Do It Already
Chapter 23- Hpy 1 Work!
Chapter 24- Sure, Bianca
Chapter 25- Girl Time
Chapter 26- Fairs & Fried Oreos
Chapter 27- Ferris Wheels & Flaunting
Chapter 28- Stick a Tampon in It
Chapter 29- Police Business Only
Chapter 30- Mole Rat
Chapter 31- New Friend
Chapter 32- Party Pooper
Chapter 33- Happy Birthday
Chapter 34- Are You Okay?
Chapter 35- Hooligans
Chapter 36- Caught in a Lie
Chapter 37- Tension
Chapter 38- Nico's Party
Chapter 39- The Reason
Chapter 40- Coach Cupid
Chapter 41- Seńor Prank Day
Chapter 42- Ice Bath
Chapter 43- Bandages & Babysitters
Chapter 44- Sneaking & Spying
Chapter 45- Probable Cause
Chapter 46- The House
Chapter 47- Reckless Teenagers
Chapter 48- Stupid... But Good
Chapter 49- Breaking News!
Chapter 50- Poetic Genius
Chapter 51- The Noise
Chapter 52- Four Hours
Chapter 53- Just For Tonight
Chapter 54- Final Game
Chapter 55- Prom Night
Chapter 56- Prom Night Pt. 2
Chapter 57- The End
• e p i l o g u e •
• a u t h o r s n o t e •

Chapter 22- Tattletales & Bromances

11.3K 580 710
By jojobean1298

I dragged Cyrus to the mall with me that weekend. But these days when I took Cyrus with me, it became a habit to invite Declan, Adam, and Natalie along too.

Natalie had to turn down the invitation to go with us since she was spending time with Jeremy today. So, it was just me and the boys.

Me and the boys. Just the boys. Just Cyrus, and Adam, and the boy that I kisse- I mean Declan. You know, just... the boys.

The thing is, I've had zero alone time with Declan since our kiss. So, it's basically been a game of us two knowing what happened between us, but not yet telling the others about what happened, so acting natural like nothing did happen between us when really it did.

Did that confuse you a little? Yeah, you're not special, I'm confused too. I wasn't worried about it though, I figured we would get a chance to talk about it sometime.

Adam said he had to meet us at the mall since he had some family thing he needed to take care of first. So, it was just me, Cyrus, and Declan.

I had lost rock, paper, scissors for the front seat (insert rolling eye emoji here), so I sat in the back, sitting behind Declan in the passenger seat while Cyrus drove us there.

Declan and Cyrus were talking about soccer things and Coach Clarke and their game coming up. Then Cyrus turned on his stereo and the music was playing the rest of the way there.

It was a warmer day out and the sun was shining brightly, so I adjusted my sunglasses on my face and enjoyed the breeze from the open windows.

Somewhere along the way, Declan poked his hand out from the right side of his seat and held it open.

I knew what he wanted, but I flicked his palm instead.

He shook it off then held his hand open once again. When I didn't take it right away, he waved his fingers, beckoning me to take his hand with my own.

Eventually, I gave in, catching his satisfied look in the side-view mirror as I finally took his hand.

—————-—————

"Put the bra down Adam, people are starting to stare." Cyrus whacked him in the shoulder. He kept grabbing them as we walked by and held them up to his flat chest.

"What if I wore this under my shirt and people thought I had boobs for the whole day. That would really get them to stare, huh?" He said, elbowing Cyrus in the arm.

I had expected Cyrus to scold him more but instead, he gave Adam a goofy laugh that sounded exactly like a Ha Ha. "I bet you wouldn't do it though."

"I would do it for $50 and the purchase of this bra."

"No, you wouldn't, because Cyrus is smarter with his money, aren't you Cyrus?" I asked.

Declan was too quiet, so I looked over to see what he was doing. He was just distracted looking at something else. 

Cyrus apparently was not smarter with his money. He whipped out a 50 and slapped it into Adam's palm. He then took the bra from Adam and turned to check it out from the register.

"Wait," Declan said, and I almost sighed in relief that he was going to say something against it.

"This one has lace," He said while holding up a brand-new bra.

From now on, I save shopping exclusively for my mother and Natalie.

——————————

After an hour of people throwing glares and confused glances towards Adam and his massive boobs, we were finally done with the mall.

The last thing we did was stop by the food court before walking back to our cars in the parking garage.

I was looking through my bags when I had realized I left my sunglasses on the table at the food court.

"Oh shit, quick hold my stuff." I practically threw my bags towards the closest person to me, which happened to be Declan.

"Where are you going?" He called after me as I quickly made my way back.

"I left my sunglasses, I'll be fast!"

Luckily, they were exactly where I left them. I snatched them up and walked back to the parking garage. Why did malls have to be so big and so far away from the parking areas?

My pace was cut off as someone appeared right in front of me. I almost bumped into their chest.

"Excuse me," I said without even looking up.

"That is her, Austin. I told you that was the girl that broke my skateboard over your back."

That made me look up. So, the clown boy's name was Austin? I didn't remember his face until this very moment.

Apparently, they traveled in fucking packs considering there were two other boys with him.

I decided to play dumb, looking around the area and seeing if there could be anyone else in the vicinity they were talking to. "Who did what now?" I asked as I looked back at them.

"Yeah, that's her for sure man. She was the one with Declan when we ran into him and Adam at the store."

Fucking tattling ass bitch.

"I'm sorry, I don't know a Declan." I moved to make my way around them, but Austin sidestepped in front of me again with a nasty smirk on his face.

"But Jackson says he recognizes you. I don't think I'd forget a pretty face like yours either."

"Well Jackson has it wrong," I said, sending a glare his way, "Like I said, I don't know a Declan." I watched as their confidence seem to slowly falter, feeling very proud of my tone of voice for sounding so convincing.

And maybe I would have gotten away with it, but just then my phone buzzed from my hands. We both looked down at the same time to see Declan's name in big fat letters on my incoming caller screen.

I held my phone closer to my chest, hoping he didn't see it in time. But, when I looked up at Austin again he had his eyebrows raised in all-knowing expression.

The fucker stepped forward to reach out and grab me by the arm, but I slammed my foot down on his and then dashed away, ducking and swerving away from his friends too.

I heard Austin shout, "get her!" but I didn't look back to see how close behind they were.

I was swerving and zooming past people to make it back to Cyrus's car. I only slowed down once to chuck a pair of shoes behind me and I heard one of them curse as they tripped over them.

I threw the door to the parking garage open and saw the boys huddled together as they conversed amongst themselves. Declan was the first to see me running towards them.

"Where's the fire?" He asked with laughter in his tone.

"Oh, no fire, just a couple of jackasses."

As if on cue, Austin and his two goons burst through the garage door. Declan immediately grabbed me from the waist and pulled me behind him as they spotted us from their distance. There was no smile on his face now.

"Well, well. That looks a lot like Declan. Hey Jackson, Chris, doesn't that look a lot like Declan to you?" Austin asked as they came closer.

"I forgot how obsessed you were, Houston," Declan replied.

"It's Austin you dumb fuck. I'm not here for you anyway, your little bitch over there owes me an apology."

"Yeah? How about you watch your fucking mouth before I arm her with another skateboard." I'm not gonna lie, his response made me smile a little.

"Oooh that's who he is, I get it now," Cyrus mumbled from behind me before me giving me a low fist bump. That me smile more.

"Damn it, give me a second. I'm not ready for a standoff like this yet," Adam said, and we all silently watched as he turned around to unlatch the bra from under his clothes. He fixed his shirt, giving a few hard pats to his now flat chest before clearing his throat. "Okay, I'm ready now."

"Hey that's a cool shirt bro," The one called Chris said to Adam, completely ignoring the fact that he just pulled a stuffed bra out from under it.

"Oh thanks bro, I just got it from Colesons," He replied proudly.

"Bro, I love that store. Look at these pants I just bought from there." He held up his bag to pull them out.

Austin slapped the bag out of his hands. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Focus."

"Right, right. Sorry, Housto- I mean Austin."

I couldn't help laughing at that point. It just slipped out of me. Austin turned his glare in my direction before stepping towards me.

"You think something's funny? I think-" I didn't get to hear what he thought because apparently Declan didn't like how close he was getting. He shoved Austin back and then decked him across the face, snapping his head to the side. That's when Austin rammed into him and I had to step to the side to get out of their way.

I was distracted and wasn't able to see Jackson sneak up on me. He grabbed me by the arm, but I didn't even have a chance to respond before Cyrus tackled him and they got into a scuffle of their own.

Then it was just me, Adam, and Chris left staring at each other.

"You know, I'd rather just show you my new clothes bro," said Chris.

"Yeah bro, I'd rather just see your new clothes," Adam replied.

So now I was hopelessly stuck in the middle of four angry boys fighting each other and two dumbasses connecting through the bromance of shopping, wondering what the actual fuck was going on and where to go from here.

A/N: I KNOW I KNOW, Im SO late with this update. I was hoping the double update from Monday would be enough until I had this chapter ready (yikes) !
We were having some technical difficulties over here, but I'm good now.

So sorry bby's!! Hope you enjoyed though :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1K 41
(Slow updates/Hiatus) Indi, an aspiring artist and the daughter of one of the best baseball players of all time, is in her junior year of high school...
17.9K 868 36
• Enemies • Friends • Lovers • What if two people destined to be together were too afraid to leave the friend zone? This enemy-to-lovers story focuse...
577K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
13K 1.3K 47
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...