sing to my heart

By benandmirandalover

Ben and Miranda meet at a karaoke bar More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15

14

742 23 6
By benandmirandalover

7 years later.

Miranda opened up the door to the fire station and she had Cadence on her hip.

"Symphony hold Dorian's hand." Miranda said smiling. She had just picked Symphony and him up from school. She couldn't believe she had a 3rd grader and a kindergartner.

"Chief Bailey, and the music kids." Miller said smiling.

"Haha so funny. Hey Miller." Miranda said rolling her eyes.

"I thought I heard the voice of an angel." Ben said coming down the stairs.

"Hey love." Miranda said smiling. He pulled her in for a hug and pecked her on the lips. Then he rubbed and kissed her belly. "How is he today?"

"He is good. I was able to sleep in, eat breakfast and he's not constantly kicking the heck out of me." Miranda said rubbing her stomach. This pregnancy was the only one that she carried so differently and difficult. He gave her a fit. She never knew you could have morning sickness after 4 months and here she was 7 months and still had it. In the morning and afternoon.

"That's good. Hey little ones." Ben said looking at his kids. He hugged Symphony and Dorian before taking Cadence from Miranda and shifting her in his arms.

"Yup because this is the last one." Miranda said holding his hand walking upstairs. The kids were walking in front of them as Ben held their daughter.

"The last one?" Ben questioned.

"Yeah what did you think we were having more. We agreed on four and this is the fourth. We are done." Miranda said jokingly but serious at the same time.

"I love the kids." Ben said shrugging.

"I love all my children too and you. We said we're going to stop at 3 and now look at me. So, now we are agreeing to stop at four."

"Your ass gets me pregnant every three years." Miranda nudged him, whispering.

"Think about all the love we made making them." Ben said whispering in her ear causing Miranda to chuckle and smack his hands from off of her waist.

"Hello everyone." Miranda said looking at all of Ben's co-workers sitting at the table.

Ben pulled out a seat for her.

"Hey Bailey." Everyone said in unison.

Miranda looked across the table at Victoria holding Pru. She smiled. She hoped that Miller would just tell Victoria how he feels about her. It was so obvious. "Aww hi Pru." Miranda said to her godchild.

Today was family dinner day at the station. It was fun to eat dinner with them every other month. Although Ben and Miller were the only ones to have children, but their kids were the firehouse babies. So they were everyone's child.

"So have you decided on a name." Andy asked.

"Um not yet." Ben said sitting plates down in front of the kids.

"Another musical name?" Montgomery asked.

"Oh yes, we have to finish out the tradition." Miranda said nodding her head.

"Why is our names musical mommy?" Symphony asked.

Miranda smiled this was her first time telling her. Everyone's face lit up with curiosity.

"Well your father and I met at a karaoke place, in fact I was on stage singing and I put him in a trance." Miranda said summing it up, shrugging her shoulders. She watched as everyone laughed.

Ben laughed Miranda was crazy.

"She was like a siren." Ben said smiling.

"What's that." Symphony asked.

"Two different meanings, one is an object that makes a loud sound as a signal or a warning. The version I'm talking about is a beautiful women who can capture and lure someone by their singing." Ben explained.

"But you mother can be both versions. If you make her angry enough." Ben laughed and Miranda elbowed him in the stomach.

"So what does everyone's name mean" Gibson asked

"Symphony means all instruments joined together to create a beautiful song. Then Dorian, his name means musical gift. Cadence her name means rhythmic flow and we haven't decided on this one." Miranda explained pointing at her belly

"We are stuck between Canon, Major, Chanson and Elijah"

"I like Major because that is what describes this whole pregnancy with him. But it means based on a major scale, tending to produce a bright or joyful effect in music." Miranda said between the bites of her spaghetti.

She gave everyone the definition of the rest of the names and she told them to write them on a piece of paper and fold it up. Ben put them in a jar. "Next month. I will open them and tally off which name got the most and that's what we will choose." Miranda smiled. Ben cleaned up their dishes. "Symphony has her ballet recital tomorrow evening. If any of you are free. You are welcome to come. Ben can give you the address and time."

"Oh I would love to come. I did plays and anything else you can think of all throughout high school." Victoria said smiling.

Ben extended his hand for Miranda to take pulling her up from the chair.

"You know I can still get up right. I'm not so far were I have to rock out of the chair. Ben are you calling me fat because if that's what you are trying to say, you sh-

Ben's eyes got wide. "Miranda I wasn't. I was just trying to help. I didn't kn-

"Relax husband I was just joking with you." Miranda smiled and laughed.

He walked with her to the car. Locking in Cadence. "I just have to finish the equipment inspection and write the report and then I will be on my way home." Ben said hugging her.

"Okay. I'll be waiting for you." Miranda said as Ben pulled her into a hug before kissing her on the lips. Miranda opened up to allow him to kiss her deeper.

"Eww." She heard Dorian say from the car.

They broke apart and smiled.

When Miranda got home. She smiled at Symphony. She really was her litter helper. She helped everyone out of the car. Miranda unlocked the door and watched as the all walked inside.

"Symphony you need to do your homework before you shower." Miranda called out as she heard her walk up stairs.

"I already did it. We had free time at school. "

"Free Time when did kids have free time?" Miranda said out loud.

"Okay bring it to me to check and look over it." Miranda called out standing at the stairs.

She heard her come back down stairs and unzip her book bag.

She handed her the papers and Miranda read over each of them. Double checking her math and reading through her paragraph for English. "Okay great it's look good. Only thing I would change in this is adding a comma."

"What's a comma." Miranda looked at her. They probably wouldn't learn comma's for another year.

"When listing the things you like, you separate it with a comma. Come sit at the counter and I'll show you."

Miranda sat with her explaining the use of comma, how and why.

"Good job you are so smart." Miranda hugged her and told her to go take a shower.

She sat in the bathroom as Dorian took a shower. She talked him through the steps until he got it.

"Make sure you wash your feet and behind your ears." Miranda coached. She did this with Symphony too until she got it without missing parts.

After his shower she put Cadence in the tub and washed her up. She dried her off and lotion her down, putting on her PJs afterwards. "mommy I want Pj mask." Cadence said. "okay, I will put it on for you cadence. You have to brush your teeth first." Miranda said to her two year old.

Miranda watched them brush their teeth and then she walked with each of them to their room. Putting them in bed and telling them goodnight.

Miranda walked to Symphony's room and saw the light still on. She cracked the door and saw her baby. Practicing her routine. She smiled at the sight of her as she held on to the bar that Ben installed into her room. He was such a good father. "One, two, three, four…one, two, three, four." Symphony said out loud as she practiced and moved around.

Miranda stood and let her finish instead of interrupting her like she first started. It was very well pass her bed time but she admired her passion and dedication to everything that she does. She was her little me. Miranda clapped and opened up the door. Sitting on her bed. "That was excellent. " Miranda smiled.

"Thanks ma." She said sitting on her bed. Thinking about how talented and beautiful her daughter was made tears appear in her eyes. She had grown up so much and time was flying by so fast.

"What's wrong." Symphony asked as Miranda wiped her tears. She laid down beside her in her bed.

"Nothing it's just that I love you so much. You and your brothers and sister." Miranda confessed to her tears.

"You always say that and then cry mom." Symphony said confused.

" I don't think anyone will understand or know the strength of my love for you all. You all are the only ones who know what my heart sounds like from the inside." Miranda said kissing her on the head and hugging her.

"And what about daddy.?"

"Yeah what about me." Ben asked crossing his arms.

"Now this man right here. My husband, your father, He is what my heart beats for. My heart belongs to him." Miranda said getting up out of the bed, waddling over to Ben. She was her happiest when ever he was around. She lit up every time he walked in a room.

"Goodnight. I love you." Ben said to Symphony as he grabbed Miranda's hand pulling her into their bedroom, closing their double doors.

He pulled her into a hug and Miranda wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him. She sighed in content against his lips as Ben did the same.

Miranda pulled apart and started to walk away.

"Where are you going." Ben asked.

"To draw a bath." Miranda replied.

"Baby I'll do it. " Ben said walking in front of her.

He drew them a bath and filled it with bubbles. Dimming the lights and turning on soft music. He came back in the room and told her it's ready. Grabbing her hand to pull her off the bed.

Ben undressed her and Miranda pulled her hair up as he helped her get into the tub before following in suit behind her. Miranda situated herself in-between Ben's legs as Ben wrapped his arms around her body resting his hands on top of her stomach. She heard the jets come on as she relaxed against his chest.

"So I was thinking about the name Elijah. I looked it up and it means a type of music. Miranda chuckled and said "You don't really want that name."

"Why, you don't like it? What's wrong with it?" Ben asked in confusion.

"It also means a decedent of Eli." Miranda laughed as she could barely get the name out

"Oh hell no. Yeah that's okay." Ben said seriously.

"I figured you would say that." Miranda laughed some more

"I mean like the dude really came up to you while we were holding hands and Symphony is holding yours and say some mess like that. I don't get what he thought." Ben said seriously.

Miranda burst into her loud crazy laugh. "You are mad like it happened yesterday, that was 7 years ago." Miranda said pulling his hand up to her lips, kissing it.

After they finished their bath. Ben held out a towel for her to wrap up in. After she dried off. Ben told her to lay back on the towel on their bed as he took the lotion and rubbed it all over her body. Miranda smiled looking up at her husband. She still couldn't believe she had gotten so lucky. Here he was treating like a baby, further more a queen but real queens didn't even get this kind of treatment. She saw him grab her stretch marks cream off her nightstand and rubbed that on her belly. She turned on her side so Ben could put lotion on the back of her body.

"What going through your mind right now?" Miranda questioned as he rubbed her feet.

"Right now I'm thinking about how I am the luckiest man in the universe to be Miranda Bailey's husband also how beautiful you look right now naked on our bed. Also I enjoy seeing you carry our baby. Thinking about our children and how they are half of me and half of you it makes me feel complete. It's four continuations of our love and it's the start of a generation of us." Ben said as he began to put lotion on his own body. After he was finished. They got into the bed and Miranda scooted closer to him. She laid on her left side facing him. She then reached down and put a pillow up under her top thigh to reduce stress on her hips and lower back. Ben kissed her on the nose and Miranda closed her eyes smiling in the process. "I love you Mr. Fireman." Was the last thing she said before she fell asleep.

"Ma." Symphony said moving her.

"Hmm" Miranda said.

"Good morning." She heard her and her brother say at the same time.

Miranda sat up and hurried to put the covers up over the top of her naked chest. She kicked Ben. Waking him up.

"Good morning." Miranda said to each of them.

She watched Dorian hop on the bed and help cadence up.

"Symphony grabbed me a night gown out of my top drawer." Miranda said and she watched as her daughter scrunched up her face. Probably curious to know why she didn't have one on.

She handed it to her and Ben held the cover up while Miranda slid it on.

"I'm only going to do a half a day at work. So I'm going to pick you up early so we can prepare." Miranda said to Symphony.

Ben smiled he was going to get off a couple of hours earlier too.

Ben helped assist Dorian in getting ready and Miranda dressed Cadence. Everyone was ready to go and Miranda grabbed their lunches. Ben drove them to school and watched as Symphony got out of the car. She grabbed Dorian's hand and they walked together talking. "They are going to be the best of friends." Ben said looking at them and Miranda agreed. Ben dropped her off at work and she unbuckled her and put her daughter on her hip. She walked around to the driver side of the car and leaned in the kiss him. "I will be here by 2. To pick you up and then we can go get her." Ben said

"Alright have a good day. I love you." Miranda said.

Ben smiled and replied. "Bye Chief." Winking at her and waving a Cadence. "See you later princess." Ben said waving and blowing a kiss, watching her do the same.

Miranda worked half her day and made sure she was done on time. She was grabbing her bag as Ben walked through her door. "Hey hon." Miranda said as she hugged him and grabbed his hand walking with him out the door. Ben drove to Symphony's school to pick her up and Miranda went inside to check her out. Ben waited a while before he saw both of them walking outside. He looked at them talking like they were the best of friends. It was a sight to see. Ben loved his family more than anything.

"Hey daddy did you know that some animals don't have a back bone and other do" Symphony said getting into the car.

"Yeah invertebrates and vertebrates." Ben said looking back at her.

"Exactly and a turtle is a vertebrate but I thought it was an invertebrate because a lobster is a invertebrate but nope it has a back bone." Symphony said rambling.

Miranda gave him the knowing look like she is not going to stop. "Whew like mother like daughter." Ben said.

"Uh." Miranda said gapping her mouth and hitting him on the arm.

"Oh please she is her father's child. Once you get started you never stop." Miranda laughed.

Ben whispered. " You're the one who always tell me don't stop repeatedly."

"Uh don't be nasty." Miranda responded licking her lips.

When they got home. Symphony ran down stairs to the home gym. She knew she was going to practice some more. She loved the gym because the mirrors were in there.

I'm going to take out her uniform and make sure it's not wrinkled." Ben nodded his head as Miranda waddled up stairs.

Miranda looked at the clock "Ben it's 4:00 can you pick up Dorian from school and Cadence from the daycare. " Miranda yelled down stairs.

Ben got off of the couch and he slid on his shoes.

"I'm leaving out now." Ben yelled back.

Miranda walked down stairs. "Symphony. You need to take a quick shower so you can get ready. " Miranda yelled from the door to the basement.

She heard her feet stamper as she came up. She took a bath as Miranda changed into a maxi dress which displayed her bump profoundly. Symphony came out of the shower and Miranda sat her in the vanity chair in her room.

She grabbed her eyeshadow palette. Getting ready to put it on her. Miranda didn't really like the thought of her little girl wearing make up but she knew it was just for this performance. Miranda applied the eyeshadow, and blush. She brushed her hair into a high bun. Miranda hummed softly to the tune in her head.

" Mommy what song were you singing when you met daddy."

Miranda thought back to the night; she never forgot how he looked when she thanked him for buying her and her friends drinks. "um it was a song call if I was your woman. It came out in the 70s."

" Wow that was a long time ago."

" Yeah about 50 years ago."

"What was she saying in the song. Who was she talking to?" Symphony asked.

"It's about a woman who is in love with this man but he is so focused and in love with some else. The woman he is with was no good for him, she treated him bad. But she, the women who really loves him, all she can do is watch hoping he would eventually love her enough and choose her." Miranda explained.

"That's sounds so sad."

"Yeah it is….okay pucker your lips." Miranda said doing it as an example.

Miranda put on her pink lip stick. And then she helped her change into her pink velvet bow back tank ballet tutu dress.

"Oh you look so –

"Beautiful." Ben said stealing the words out of her mouth.

"Hold up is that make up Miranda." Ben complained dragging out the syllables in her name.

"Yes it's just for the recital." Miranda said giving him the cut it out look.

"Where is my son." Miranda questioned as she saw him holding their daughter. "He went into his room playing." Ben responded

Ben went to shower and change his clothes and they all got into the car.

Miranda walked with Symphony inside and let her go to the back with the rest of the girls. She walked back out side to help him with the other kids. She looked into the parking lot and watched Ben talk to a women. He had Cadence in one arm and was holding Dorian's hand.

"Aww you're are a ballet dad." The women said touching Ben's arm.

Miranda rolled her eyes.

Ben smiled sheepishly and replied "yeah."

"It's awesome to see a nice handsome first responder have a different side than the hard firefighter. I appreciate you for the other day" The woman continued.

"What was the other day." Miranda asked smiling, looking at Ben silently telling him to talk.

"Oh Mia this is my wife. Dr. Miranda Bailey. I uh saved her and her daughter from an apartment fire on Monday."

"hi it's nice to meet you." She said extending her hand. Miranda shook it and then she reached into her purse and pulled out her hand sanitizer putting some into her hands.

Ben looked down at his wife and he almost wanted to crack a laugh. She could be an ass to people sometimes.

"It was nice meeting you and thank you again." Mia said walking away inside.

" Okay uh. Miranda can you hold Cadence while I get these flowers out of the trunk.

"Aww honey. You brought her a bouquet." Miranda said smiling.

"I just want this day to be unforgettable for her." Ben replied.

"Come on let's go inside. So we can get a good seat." Miranda said taking his arm and walking with him laying her head on it.

Ben and Miranda sat beside Vic and the show began. Miranda was in tears watching her daughter glosser (glide or slide) and sauter( jump) around gracefully on stage.

When the performance ended everyone stood to their seat as the clapped and cheered. They walked around to the back to meet her. "Oh my gosh you did so good. I am so proud of you." Miranda said hugging her.

Ben handed her the roses before scooping her up into his arms hugging her. "That was beautiful princess. You are amazing."

"You brought me flowers daddy. Aww they are so nice. You only buy flowers for mommy. Thank you." Symphony rambled before kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey kiddo you were awesome up there. Pure talent." Victoria said hugging her.

" thank you." She replied

After everyone said their good-byes they all got into the car. Ben looked up into the mirror. "Symphony where do you want to go eat." Ben asked

"Burgers." She said smiling.

"My girl." Ben replied laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 1
Cute oneshot. Miranda's house caught on fire and Benjamin Warren saves the day
7.8K 342 11
Ben & Miranda are best friends Miranda goes through heartbreak And Ben and Miranda slowly for in-love with each other
7.8K 308 10
Miranda and her Best friend Benjamin make a pack while visiting their families after some years
19.2K 681 13
Long time friends Ben and Miranda decide to have a child together without becoming a couple. After becoming involve with each other they secretly ha...