Loveless Beauty (Completed)

By Rurika_mahi

If you are not loved, if you have got nobody to love you, then turn your loveless life into something beautif... More

Prologue
Character introduction
Chapter I "Karma is a Bitch"
Chapter II: A family thing
Chapter III: Be aware of your Surroundings
Chapter IV: Don't depend on others for your happiness
Chapter V: Kissing comes First?!
Chapter VI: Never trust your next seat passenger
Chapter VII : False rumor don't resolve easily
Chapter VIII: Fighting the Wicked
Chapter IX: Giving him a Migraine
Chapter X: Unanswered Questions
Chapter XI: Sour loser, Keya
Chapter XII: Unexpected relations
Chapter XIII: One Eighty Degree
Chapter XIV: All going down
Chapter XVI: All in head?!
Chapter XVII: Baffled senses
Chapter XVIII: Take it or Leave it
Chapter XIX: Slip Ups
Chapter XX: Far away from the truth
Chapter XXI: That Child
Chapter XXII: Not Prepared for This
Chapter XXIII: Family Drama
Chapter XXIV: Family Drama Part II
Chapter XXV: Shattered Feelings
Chapter XXVI: A Lot Of Attention
Chapter XXVII: Equation gone Wrong
Chapter XXVIII: Mix N Jinx
Chapter XXIX: Overwhelmed
Chapter XXX: Nature Me
Chapter XXXI: Not so Smart
Chapter XXXII: Try Her
Chapter XXXIII: Stranger Danger
Chapter XXXIV: Pent Up Feelings
Chapter XXXV: Bad Influence
Chapter XXXVI: Their Destiny
Chapter XXXVII: Who was Behind This?!
Chapter XXXVIII: Skilled Ex-husband
Chapter XXXIX: Missing?!
Chapter XL: The Diary
Announcement
HIS LOVED BEAUTY

Chapter XV: What's funny?!

273 16 15
By Rurika_mahi

Thanks KrystalS2456 for the votes. And I appreciate everyone who are giving a chance to this story.

"A fling, that's only you can be." I rolled my eyes, hearing that sickening voice when echoed in the washroom.

Seriously?! Were these people following me?! Gaad, give me a break ladies.

Aj had plans with her skater friends and dragged me along. She can't trust me to be alone. Her friends' faces were worth___ after seeing me. Even so they didn't complain. Whether it is disgust or jealousy. But after the incident everyone's view of me has changed. I can't change their perspective. So, I dodged it like I have been doing since forever.

Also I thought that it would be good for a change of mood. Away from that intoxicating environment, away from those blunt people. Albeit Aj's friends were not also very welcoming. But like I said I don't care.

We went to Corbett waterfall, which was a sight to witness, leaving me mesmerized. Rich greenery encompasses the falls and creates quite a peaceful environment. The next day we went for the jungle safari. No doubt I had the best time in my life there. I had more fun than I thought. Aj's skater friends weren't that horrible, well___ some of them.

Not once did I think of the mayhem going on in my life. That didn't last long though. Looking at this hag in front.

On our way back we stopped at this fancy restaurant not far from campus. I enjoyed the delicious food too. But never thought it would cost me this.

Washing my hands, I dried it using tissues. "I don't remember asking for your advice. Do I?!"

Shesha shrugged, fixing her already fixed hairs "I thought you would need it."

She picked out her mini makeup kit and started applying it. I blinked, watching her. You would need it?! Huh! Like her makeup, overconfidence was oozing from her.

I clenched my fists, but stayed calm. I can't show how her words got to me. I placed my arms crossed over my chest. "Didn't your mommy teach you not to stick your nose into someone else's business?!" I asked, spelling the word 'mommy' like we spell for kids.

Shesha raised her brow, turning to me. Ignoring my question, she retorted back, "Didn't your mommy teach you not to poke your nose into rich people's businesses?!"

Haa! She too spelled mommy like I did. Copycat! No, she can't be a cat. Cause her name is Shesha. Copysnake. That's what she was. A snake.

Clearing my throat, I answered, "No."

She opened her mouth but paused in perplexity. Folds appear near her eyes as closes then opens her mouth a few times. Wow, this snake in human form can act dumb. "What do you mean?!"

I sigh dramatically and begin, "That my mother didn't teach me to stay away from rich men. You know what she told me. Attract rich men, trap them___" I did this gesture with my hands, to add the effect. I controlled my laugh looking at bewildered Shesha. I bet she wasn't expecting that. Also, I have no idea where this boldness was coming from. This human snake no doubt can bite me and leave her marks. Though I didn't stop there I continued, nonchalantly, "she also told me that sometimes we have to marry riches, you know, to become super rich."

I winked at her, before leaving her dumbfounded.

☆☆☆

Next day, during our break I told Aj about the incident with Shesha in the restaurant's washroom. We laughed all day remembering that.

"God, boo, you're really something. I mean, oh___ god, I can't believe you said all that." She has tears in her eyes now. Then she mimicked with this serious tone what I told her I said to Shesha. And we burst out again. Childish, I know. But don't expect more from us.

Voice of clearing of the throat behind Aj had us cease our laughter. We were in the canteen, sitting at a corner far away from the crowd. Looking up I saw Kanan Ojha staring at me in amazement. I squinted my eyes at him, synchronously Aj turned to take a look at him.

First chasing then ignoring my existence after he found out I was married to his cousin. What does he want now?! This table we are eating at?! Can't he sit at other ones?! Whatever. We are done eating anyways.

Aj turned back to me, arching her brow. Shaking my head I stood, "I am done. Are you?!" I asked her.

She looked at her unfinished plate then at me, again at her plate, then at me. Was she that confused at this moment?! I glared at her for not taking the hint to leave. Did she see me glaring?! Yes. Has she considered it?! No.

Of course Kanan saved her from misery, saying, "you continue Adhira, I had to talk to Keya anyways."

Smiling, she continued eating. I gaped at her traitor-ness. And she was the one to lecture me 'stay away from them'. Her behavior as of now was difficult to understand. I will deal with that traitor of my friend later. At the moment I wanted to get away from Ojha. Picking my bag, I strode towards the exit.

"Woah! Woah! Not that fast. Wait! You're going the wrong way. We have to head there." Kanan yelled, walking fast enough to join me as I was practically on the verge of running. Still, I didn't slow down, saying, "who told you I was coming with you?!"

Crossing some distance ahead, he stood in my way. Rolling my eyes, I stepped aside and resumed my walk. Kanan didn't give up, he followed me.

"Yesterday, Shesha was beyond furious. She wasn't telling any of us the reason behind. And that was first." A sly smile grew on my face as I listened to Kanan. Haa! I am not evil but the extreme happiness I was feeling is absurd. Why should Shesha have all the fun?! "So, I pursued her to force the things outta her. Guess what? I indeed succeeded."

There's no doubt that Kanan Ojha can be persistent until he gets the truth out. Like, look as he was doing now.

"She didn't name it. However, my instincts were telling me the person behind it could be," he took a dramatic pause. From the corner of my eyes I saw him watching me. Quickly I fixed my expressions. I noticed that we are out of college building blocks.

"That was why I wanted to talk to you alone. I never thought it to be Adhira." Kanan whispered Adhira's name in a whisper. Was he referring to Aj's mimicking from earlier. Was he eavesdropping on us?!

I stopped, he stopped. I stared at him, he stared at me. And then comes the moment we couldn't control it. We cracked like hyenas attracting all the attention, even if we didn't want to. We can't help holding back our laugh.

I failed to realize this precedently, I feel more comfortable around Kanan. I feel like laughing with him won't cause me a price. Sad to say, but I've grown accustomed to having him around. That's why it hurt, when after knowing the truth, he ignored me for a while. I understand the revelation must have stunned him. That was the reason that his thoughts meant more to me. Does he still think the same about me, or his thoughts have changed?!

"You are fashionably something else, Reddy. I mean, what you said to Shesha really had me in awe. I did not even think in my dreams that someone would retort to Sesha, but even would dare to back talk." Kanan expressed, shaking his head. Then he added, shuddering a little, "even I feared her, sometimes."

I joined him, "but I have to say it was fun."

Kanan cocked a brow at this, he asked, "was it?!" I nodded.

"You know who we should involve in this fun?!" He was indicating, looking behind at something. Frowning, I turned to look at who was behind.

As soon as I got the hint I whipped my neck back to Kanan, who was wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I hissed, "No, no, no, you can't ____" but I was late as he had already called the person.

"Hey man, Keya here has some fun to share with us." Kanan the jerk teased. I scowled at him, cursing him with my colorful vocabulary, in my mind ofcourse.

I smiled at Gashmir though it was hardly a smile, fumbling with the straps of my bag. Thinking hard in my head about what to say next. However, both cousins weren't making it easy, watching me bungling.

I let out the only thing I could think of, "uh__ we were going to this place for a coffee. Right?!" I plead looking at Kanan. But the punk was busy controlling his laugh. So, yeah my question remains unbothered. I, again, threw Gashmir a smile before hissing at Kanan, "Right Kanan?!"

Which caught his attention, as he replied, stifling his laugh "oh, are we?!"

So, he heard me first, but didn't answer. Jerk indeed.

Before I could confirm, Gashmir interrupted, "What's funny about that?!"

I praised Gashmir thousands of times for having this attentive brain. I jumped, grabbing this golden opportunity, "yeah, that's what I told Kanan. It's just coffee. We completely understood Gashmir. You're busy. We got it."

Dropping my head down, I smiled, I got this. I got this, I mumbled. Making this sad face, I looked up, "We won't take it to heart. You don't have to come."

I gave Kanan a dirty look, before saying, "Let's go, Ojha." So that I can beat you, mercilessly. Keeping that thought to myself I turned to leave.

"Who said I am not coming."

Was the thing I heard last, before Kanan started his ugly laugh, which was loud enough to make me deaf. Did I hear him, right?! Coffee with Gashmir?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591K 29.7K 84
"Neither I am leaving you nor this place...samjhe??" saying I fisted his collar even more tighter and pulled him close to me. He was not even ready t...
219K 12.5K 54
I wince when my bangles dig into my skin,forcing a smile,hoping my boredom didn't show in my movements. I inwardly roll my eyes when my father makes...
477K 24K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...
59.1K 3.6K 56
Villain Of My Story! "STRIP!" As soon as he barged inside of the room, he said that to me. I turned around to look at him. There he was; standing w...