Homeless

By writingutensils

A black, business owner of a small New York City bakery, Danielle has achieved success. She owns her own home... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Question
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
More added to 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35.2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
More added to 37
Epilogue
a sequel?
a sequal part 2
Lastly

Chapter 26

17.3K 1K 554
By writingutensils

Danielle's POV

"You made it home in one piece," Derek comments when I walk in the door. "I was worried about you."

"Yeah, yeah," I reply. I kick my shoes off and head straight to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"How was it?" Derek asks from his spot on the couch. He's watching a home improvement show but mutes it to talk to me.

"Absolute crap." I sit at the kitchen island and chug my water. Thankfully I tapped out after 3 mimosas so I don't feel terrible.

"Why was it so crappy?"

"Well you came up, and of course, Anna opened her big mouth. I don't think she said it to be malicious but she told Lizzy about you previously staying behind the bakery and how you're living with me now. She was drunk and just spilled everything she knew." I'm angry that this is how it all came out.

"Yikes ," Derek says. "How did Lizzy react?"

"As I expected," I say, rubbing my forehead. "She said some stupid crap that she's said before. Just her usual reckless self."

"I don't know what she has against me but you know she's gonna make my life hell right?" Derek says.

"She's not gonna make your life hell," I say. "I would let her go before she did that."

Derek sighs. "I just don't trust her Dani."

"She can be really, really stupid in what she says but she's not a bad person Derek. She'll warm up to you."

Derek doesn't say anything. I chug the rest of my water then join him on the couch.

"What are you watching?" I ask. I sit next to him and lean my body into his. He puts his left arm around my shoulder and pulls me close.

"It's called Fixer Upper. This couple helps renovate homes in Texas."

"I didn't know you liked this kinda stuff," I say, turning to look up at Derek.

"There's a lot you don't know about me," Derek says. He pecks me softly on the lips. "Like how much I really, really like you. I'm falling for you hard Danielle."

My heart beats fast at Derek's admission.

"I really, really like you too," I whisper.

He brings his lips to mine and kisses me longer this time.

"I've only known you for a month and you've already completely changed my life," Derek whispers against my lips. "Thank you." He bring his lips to my neck.

"That was all you," I say back. "I'm just lucky to have you in my life."

I bring my hand up to Derek's cheek and gently bring his face up to mine. I kiss him once then kiss him again. His lips are so soft. I don't want to stop kissing him.

I sit up from leaning against Derek and before I know it, I'm climbing on his lap. I straddle him, placing one knee on either side of his hips. As I settle into him, his hands find their way to my lower back and rest just above my butt. He drags them around my waist then rests them back on my butt. He pulls me closer to him.

I place my hands on his chest before wrapping them around his back and pulling Derek close.

"Hi," I say when our foreheads touch.

"Hi," he responds. My eyes are closed but I can hear a smile in his voice. We kiss again. As our lips dance together, I feel Derek's tongue shyly poke between my lips. It's unexpected but incredibly attractive. I welcome him into my mouth as our kiss becomes more passionate. I inhale lightly. I want more of him.

"You're a really good kisser," I say after a few minutes. I giggle as he kisses across my jaw and down my neck.

"You're not so bad yourself," he says into my neck. His voice is low and husky and makes my body feel hot.

I turn my face towards the ceiling as Derek kisses away at my neck. I can feel myself getting hot between my thighs and I want so much more.

"I want you Derek."

Derek slowly stops kissing my neck and looks at me. Our eyes lock and I'm scared for what he's going to say.

He brings my hand up and kisses it softly.

"I... I really want you too Dani. But I... I think I should get tested." Derek blurts this out and it scares me a bit. "I... I just don't know that Roxy was clean. She's the only person I've ever slept with but I couldn't live with myself if I gave you something. You don't deserve that." I can see Derek start to withdraw into himself.

"Okay," I say, taking Derek's face in my hands. The hot and passionate moment has evaporated. "That's okay. We'll find a site that can test you. Thank you for looking out for me." I lean in and place a small kiss on his lips. "That means a lot."

"Yeah, of course," Derek says quietly.

I can tell Derek is ashamed and it breaks my heart. It makes me sad that this is where it ends. But him stopping us and insisting on getting tested makes me respect him even more. He could have let things progress and then tried to back pedal later.

"Seriously Derek. I respect you so much for that."

Derek gives me a small smile. "Of course Dani. I care about you and only want the best for you." He kisses me on the cheek. "I should probably get you off of me before we both cave."

"Yeah," I say, sliding off Derek's lap. "That's a good idea." It's a good idea, but I'm also a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to being physically closer to Derek.

"Is it weird to ask if you wanna sleep in my room tonight?"I ask nervously. "We could have a little cuddle session."

"That sounds really sweet Dani," Derek replies, "but given how much I want your body right now, I think I'm better off sleeping in my own room."

"Oh, okay." I get where Derek is coming from but I also feel a bit defeated.

I'm sitting next to Derek and he places a hand on my thigh before kissing me quickly.

"How about we put something on the tv that we both like? And I can make us a snack."

"I kinda wanna watch this with you actually," I say. "It looks interesting."

Derek smiles brightly. "Okay. How about I make us some kettle corn?"

"I love that idea."

Derek's POV

"They really know how to turn crappy properties into works of art," Danielle comments. "That house is gorgeous."

"Yeah," I say. "I always thought that could be cool, flipping houses."

Danielle was laying on my lap but sits up immediately when I say this. 

"Like, you want to work in real estate?"

"Yeah..." I say hesitantly. "You're way too excited about this."

"Well yeah, 'cause I could totally see you doing it!" She grabs my hand with both of her hands. "You work so hard and diligently at the bakery. I could see you flipping properties all over New York. You would be so, so good at it."

"You wouldn't be mad if I left the bakery?"

"Why would I be mad?" Danielle smiles. "The bakery is my dream. You have your own dreams to fulfill."

I squeeze one of Dani's hands. "Thanks Dani. That means a lot. Now I just gotta figure out where to start."

"We could figure it out now, together. Lemme get my laptop." Dani runs upstairs and a minute later comes back with her laptop already open. "Let's look up introductory real estate classes near us."

We look them up and find one happening January 7th, right after the holidays.

"That looks like a good one," I say, taking a mental note of the time. "Plus it's only a mile away."

"Yes, that's perfect!" Danielle opens the class registration and I start to put in all my information. I hesitate when I get to the part about my address.

"Well you live here," Danielle says. "1503 Clayton Avenue. Our zip code is 10036."

"Are you sure it's okay for me to put your address?"

"It's really our address at this point," Danielle says. "That's more than okay."

I put in our address and submit my registration form. A few moments later, I check my email to see a confirmation for my spot in the class.

"I'm so excited for you!" Dani says, squeezing my arm.

I smile at her as my heart skips a beat. "I've never had someone be so excited for me," I say. "It feels really good. You make me feel really good."

"You make me feel really good," Dani says back. She rests her body back into mind. "You give me a lot of hope for the future Derek. I really like this."

I gently reach for her chin and tilt her face towards mine. When her gaze falls down to my lips then back up to meet my eyes, I take it as an okay for me to kiss her. Our lips meet and I feel a wave of pleasure mixed with comfort wash over me. I absolutely love her presence.

"Are you sure we can't cuddle?" Danielle asks when we pull back. She pouts a little and gives me a small smile. "Please?"

"Gosh you're so adorable," I say, kissing her forehead. "I don't know if I trust either of us not to cave."

Danielle's hand traces up and down my chest. It doesn't make my decision not to crawl into bed with her any easier.

I look at her and she smiles at me flirtatiously. I roll my eyes and smile back at her.

"Go," I finally secede.

"Wait, really?" Danielle asks, her eyes getting big.

"Yes, really," I laugh. "I've never seen someone so excited to cuddle."

"Yeah, well, you also never had the opportunity to cuddle with someone as cute as yourself."

My face gets hot as I take in Dani's compliment. "Yeah, yeah."

She hops off the couch and I follow her up the stairs.

I've been in her room a few times before but this time is a little different. I feel like a foreigner visiting a place that isn't mine.

"I'm gonna change," Danielle says. She disappears into her walk-in closet and I take a seat on the edge of the bed. The foreigner feeling grows within me. Along with that, I realize that I haven't been this intimate with a woman in years. It makes me nervous and I twiddle my thumbs as I wait for Danielle to return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 9.8K 33
The ultimate test to fight for something worth fighting for... The perfect son meets imperfect girl. The life of Eighteen year old highschool quart...
136K 6.7K 20
a very shy young black woman takes a homeless guy in for the winter, where she fixes his heart, gets him back on his feet, and gives him unconditiona...
177K 3.7K 64
Inspired by DDLG stories I've read. *18+ only; has mature and sexual content* Don't read this story if you don't approve of BDSM or DDLG. Thanks! Whe...
80.2K 2.6K 31
Zyana was a normal girl, living the life. Until, that one day, her parents had been killed along with her bestfriend's parents and her boyfriend's pa...