She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys

529K 8K 1.6K
By lilly-rain

Firstly, a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MARILCAT for the other day!!!! you're an awesome chick who cracks me up all the time and I absolutely love our chats! But i really think I need to get that number for the stomach muscles specialist because you have broken mine from making me laugh too much, :DD

Okay, well this is chapter 13 - I really hope you all like it because I went with Saxon's POV for the birthday girl :)

 ~ ~ Chapter Thirteen ~ ~

( Saxon's POV )

Running through the trees towards the back of Eva's house, I was still smiling on the inside about the fact that she had come to me for help, even though she did refer to me as the devil but she could have easily found her own way out of it or even got one of her stupid brothers to help her.

Grug wasn't impressed about having to allow her to stay but since he is a lower pack member, he had no say in the matter. He reckons he was only so drastic with her punishment because he wanted her out of the school and away from the Thorn brothers. They seem stronger when she is around and it's only a matter of time before they all figure it out.

Raising my head upwards, I let out a howl, calling for Eva to come to me. This should be fun tonight and I'm going to keep her so busy with training that she won't have a chance for a social life after school hours; meaning more time with me.

I've gone soft since meeting her, I know I have and I cover it up the best I can. I'm Alpha who challenged this position from my own father at such a young age, I don't have room for weakness but there is something about her, most likely the fact she is my unmarked mate but the guys are all right. If I marked her against her will, she will turn on me. I can see that now, now that I have got to know her a little better.

My eyes snapped over to the backdoor opening slowly, one look at her and I can see she is half asleep again. Dammit, I told that girl to wait for me, not fall asleep! Can she not listen to one thing I say? I bet she went to sleep on purpose, just to annoy me or try and get out of it.

Man, does she look cute though. A plain black thin strapped singlet and grey short shorts, nothing like the clothing she wears to school. Maybe I should come and wake her up every night? Nah, she was pretty peeved about last time, though her emotions tend to give me whiplash at times. One minute she is going mental and the next she is smiling calmly.

Maybe we are too much alike?

Looking up at me as she approached, her brows furrowed, "I swear, if I wake up tomorrow and you have kissed me again, I'm going to seriously kick your ass boy," she mumbled angrily while yawning, so her threat didn’t quite have the effect on me that was going for.

Since I was in wolf form, I couldn't speak back with words, so I nodded my head for her to follow me and turned back around to face the woods. Ten steps later and I know she hasn't moved an inch, so I stop and turn back to look at her.

She is staring up at the stars, it was a pretty clear night so the majority of them are visible but still, we have stuff to do right now, not gaze at stupid stars. Eva is just trying to waste time like a stubborn toddler who doesn't want to go to bed.

Walking back over to her, I nudged her a little harder than I intended to and she stumbled back, tripping over her own feet but in a flash I was behind her and using my height and the side of my body to hold her up from falling completely.

She glared at me accusingly and I shrugged before nodding back into the trees again, she looked over and stared for a moment then looked back to me and smiled, "Can I ride you?" she asked with a little too much excitement.

I groaned internally, damn, why does she make everything so damn difficult for me? She has no clue how much I want that statement to have the same meaning as to what I'm thinking. I need to tell her she is my mate and soon. But everyone knows some mates don't accept you, and if that happens the pair of you will never find someone with that same bond again and I get the feeling that Eva would be the type who could walk away from a mate – and all for her brothers.

And since her brothers hate me, they will try and talk her out of it. So I'm going to follow stupid Keith's suggestion and 'sweep her off her feet', I know, sounds so lame, I punched him right away for how stupid it sounded coming out of his mouth but he had a point.

Chris told me to start fresh with her and just become friends because she already has at least a slight hatred towards me, so anything more than friends was going to be pushing it right now.

So I grit my teeth and nod once at her question. Glaring at the trees around us and daring them to point or laugh or say I'm whipped as Eva happily climbed onto my back with a huge grin on her face. She really is one weird girl at times.

Once she was safely nestled on my back I started off at a light jog and she gripped onto my fur, I could feel the slight pressure but it was more annoying than anything, so I let her be. Until she sat up straight and decided to kick me like I was a freakin' horse and shout, "Giddy up!"

Growling at her lowly she only laughed at me, maybe I should put some fear into her from me? No Saxon! That's the old unmated you, not the one who is trying to win his damn mate over. Argh. Why do I even care if she is my mate or not? Do I actually need her by my side, apart from the fact my chest freakin' aches when she is not around and the fact she is all I can think of now.

Finally we got to the little clearing that I know no one else uses and if there are any pack members out here, they would smell me before they approached and take off in another direction. So we are going to be left all alone.

Shaking her off my back, she fell to the soft ground with a little thud; I tried to not snicker at her face as she glared at me in shock and anger. It was pretty funny but then my damn wolf inside of me wanted to quickly pick her up and say sorry over and over and beg for her forgiveness. It was hard, but I managed to shut him the heck up.

"Argh! You are such a jerk faced moron!" Eva shouted in anger - once again, as she landed on her ass, "I hate you so much!" she shouted again as she stood to her feet and brushed her shorts off, making my inner wolf howl for her again.

We started off in wolf form but I wanted to bite her so badly, especially with the way she kept coming at me in attack because she wasn't listening when I said she wasn't ready but no, little old stubborn Eva thinks she knows better than me. So I changed back and she grudgingly followed suit.

Lucky for her she decided to get undressed behind a tree before turning into wolf form, so she actually had clothing still and I already had a spare pair of shorts out here for me, in case I had needed them.

Rolling my eyes, I think that's the hundredth time she has told me she hates me within thirty minutes now, "I said watch your stance. I'm not even pushing you that hard," I growled with annoyance as she glared at me and repositioned her feet.

"And stop letting your anger control you, you will never beat me otherwise," I added, trying hard to keep my tone light but it didn't seem to want to do as I say.

Looking down at her footing, I noted she was standing correctly - for once but she was smirking at me. She has bits of leaves and small twigs in her hair and mud all over her clothing, arms and legs but she still looks smoking hot to me.

With a battle cry she flung herself at me, striking forward with her hand to what seems like a karate chop? And hit me in the side of my arm, I smirked at her as I didn't flinch or feel any pain from her feather light hit but she did.

"Argh!" she cried as she cradled her now sore hand with her other one, I rolled my eyes again and told my inner wolf to shut his mouth once more.

These training were going to be long and annoying. On one hand I've got Eva purposely being stupid about everything I try and teach her which I would have found amusing if she weren't so damn defenceless and on the other hand I've got my inner wolf wanting to baby her and let her give up every time she asks.

"How am I meant to get someone who is built like a fat truck?" she shouted at me as she glared, which only made her look cute.

“I am not a fat truck!" I defended immediately, and regretted it just as quick. All night I have kept my face neutral like I always do, only showing her when I was annoyed and I've let all her childish insults fly past and ignored her little digs at me, but now looking at her face, I know I just slipped up.

"Ooooh, someone’s a little defensive about their weight? Hey, fatty McFat?" she teased, a smile on her angelic looking face now.

So, I ignored her and changed topic, "Your speed is the best skill you have but youstill need endurance. If you used your speed in your attacks - wolf or human form, you will get the upper hand over your opponent but while you keep slacking off and playing games, you're going to lose every. single. time."

"Shut up fatty," she retorted as her best comeback. I smirked slightly as I shook my head at her, Eva grinned.

"Whatever, I'm fat, get over it," I muttered impatiently, her face dropped and looked like she was sulking as she folded her arms over, "It's no fun if you’re not even going to bite," she grunted.

Smirking, I raised an eyebrow, "Ready to go again?"

Sighing loudly, she nodded and stood her ground, I stood mine and we watched each other carefully, I'm actually impressed, she's not just running at me in a straight obvious line and going for a hit, she is actually sizing me up and looking for my weakness.....not that I have any but the girl can try.

Or so I thought because in the next second she ran at me, jumping up off the ground and flying at me head on with her foot out in front of her, stepping to the side I reached out and grabbed hold of her waist and held her in the air like she was a rag doll.

Eva's glare was furious, it was enough to make a grown man tremble at the knees and beg for mercy but for me? It was a complete and utter turn on. I loved the fact she was so feisty and hot headed, I just wished she wouldn't be like that with me all the time.

"Stupid move Eva, I could have killed you five different ways because of that. You left yourself open and vulnerable for attack and had no way of recovering from it either," I lectured in a gruff and detached voice.

"Put me down dipstick!" she screamed, kicking and thrashing her legs and arms with no effect from me what so ever, my grip stayed firm and didn't loosen the slightest.

After ten minutes she finally calmed down and basically sagged in my hands, I frowned slightly as I put her back down on her feet. I was secretly hoping she would fight it a lot longer because for once, I actually had her in my hands and it felt good, like she belonged there, like she belonged to me.

"Again," I commanded, needing to get my mind back on why we are here.

She groaned and stomped her way back over to where she was standing before, grudgingly but I smiled slightly because despite all her verbal abuse, she is actually listening to me -sort of; though she was purposely taking her time right now as she slowly turned around to face me with boredom and annoyance.

Smirking, I stepped to the left, she stepped to the right, I stepped back to the right and she went left again. Eyeing me curiously and suspiciously, making me smile on the inside. Good girl Eva, just keep your eyes on me, I thought to myself, knowing if I said it out loud she would purposely stop.

Taking a slow step forward, she met it with one back. Now with every step or movement I took, she copied it but at the same time as me and I was mixing them up so she wouldn't fall intoa continuous pattern, she actually really is watching me closely.

Lunging at her, she jumped back instantly and smirked at me, bragging with the look on her face, so I jumped at her again and pushed her backwards, she screamed in surprise but I caught her before she fell on the ground, her eyes wide as she looked up at me, my hand wrapped around the small of her back while I leaned over her.

"You complete idiot! I can't believe you shoved me!" she roared, making me smile slightly as Istraightened and she shoved at me, not making me move an inch, so she stepped back, glaring at me as she swung her arm out at me in a fist, reaching up I cupped her fist with my hand and held it there.

Her face went red with fury as she tried to yank her hand free but I just smirked at her fruitless attempt. Then her leg came flying up to my side but I grabbed it, pinning it against my hip bone while she hopped around on one foot and literally called me every single curse word under the sun with her face going red.

It wasn't until her body started shaking that I let go, she was really ticked off with me and I figured out why. Eva Thorn doesn't like to be cornered or trapped. She likes to know she has an escape and she wants to be in control of the situation, damn, she will make one helluva femaleAlpha by my side. No one would ever want to mess with my pack, not that they do but we get the occasional attack.

"I hate you! I bleeping hate you! I'm going to kick your ass Saxon Redford!" Eva was shouting furiously at me with narrow eyes and she actually looked like she would have a slight chance of causing me some physical pain - if I didn't know any better, which I do.

"Drama queen," I muttered, rolling my eyes casually.

She lunged at me and I sidestepped her attack, Eva fell to the ground and groaned loudly but still managed to jump back to her feet quickly and attack again, this time I pushed her in the back a little and sent her stumbling forward.

"You're a stupid jerk!" she snapped as she turned back around and glared at me, both hands clenched into fists.

Smirking, I stared back but not with the anger she had in her eyes for me, "You're being impulsive right now."

She lunged again, aiming to kick my feet out from under me, sneaky little bugger she is, "Fighting dirty now, hey?" I teased.

Her chest was rising and falling quickly and I knew in no time she would turn wolf and I don't even want to think about that because if she tries attacking me in wolf form, I will bite her and show her how much she belongs to me.

She lunged again, swinging her hands out to me but not in fists, she was trying to claw my face off, I almost laughed at the catty attacked but didn't, she would spit it if she knew that's what I was thinking, dodging her 'attack'. I took a quick step back and faced her again, "Ready to call it a night then?" I asked calmly.

Eva stopped and stared at me like I had lost my marbles, "Really?" she snapped, eyeing me with suspicion. I nodded and she smiled slightly, "About bloody time, I thought we were going to be out here all night until I got it right, according to you!" she cried, throwing her hands up dramatically into the air.

Raising an eyebrow at her quick turnaround because it was shocking, I know she has major whiplash emotions but even this was extreme. I don't know anyone who is that angry they are about to go wolf and then calm down like it was nothing. I sure as hell can't.

"No," I spoke slowly, "We'll meet up again tomorrow night."

Her eyes bugged and her mouth fell open, "What? Are you insane? You really think I'm going to go through this every night?" her arms wide and gesturing to all around us.

Nodding, "It's called training Eva, look it up," I spoke down to her like a child and she was not impressed.

"Don't speak to me like that!" she snapped angrily, spinning on her heels and starting to walk off. I watched her until she got to the edge of the clearing with a smirk on my face, "Home is the other way," I called out just before she stepped through the trees.

She stopped and her body stiffened, "I know that, I was just testing you, duh," she snapped back a little too angry before turning and walking along the edge of the clearing, the long way around just so she didn't have to walk past me again.

Stubborn as a donkey.

Following silently behind her and keeping out of eyesight, I wanted to make sure she made it back safely when a strong whiff of male wolf scents filled my nose, looking up ahead at Eva, I noticed she had just walked through here and didn't even think twice.

Maybe her inner wolf is defected or something? How could she not smell them? All five of them? Her brothers? They must have come out after me and Eva left and caught my scent, so I wonder where they are now?

They are still so clueless about Eva, the only way I knew she was one of us was because of the mating thing, we can't tell by looking at someone what they are, it's only small signs that give it away, like when a human growls and sounds more like an animal, the flashes of eye colour changing in our eyes, all of these things her brothers have not noticed about her.

I don't care though, means more time for me to get her on my side.

~~

"You!"

Chris Ryan and I all looked up to see a ticked of Eva storming my way, we were in drama class and it is the only one single class she doesn't have any of her dopey brothers in.

Eva walked right up to me as I watched her carefully but the sneaky little bugger actually took something in last night that I taught her, she stuck out with her hand as quick as lightening and smacked me in the forehead.

My hand rose instantly as I glared up at her angrily, her hands on her hips as she glared down at me, "I am covered in bruises, I am sore all over and my body is screaming at me with aches and pains and it is all your fault! I'm calling in sick tonight!" she snapped.

Ryan couldn't hold it back any longer, he roared into laughter, Eva's furious glare turned on him instantly and I watched with a smug expression as she kicked him in the leg, "Don't you dare laugh at me jackass!" she snapped.

Ryan sobered up instantly and held his hands up in a peace way, "I was laughing at you hitting Saxon, not you," he muttered quickly, cowering down to her while Eva was now grinning.

This has my blood boiling, how dare he cower down to a girl, he is so weak and pathetic, yeah, I get that the girl is Eva, my mate and that if he started on her, he would die a slow and painful death but still, I'm not easy to please.

Punching Ryan in the arm, I heard it crack and he winced in pain but bit his lip to stop the shout of pain coming out. Suddenly someone kicked me in the leg and my head snapped up with so much fury, who the hell dares to kick me?

Eva glared back at me, not backing down, "Don't be so horrible to people all of the time! I'm surprised you even have any damn friends," and with that she turned away and stormed out. How I didn’t pick her as the first person to kick me would be, I don't know because she is the only one who dares to hit me.

Chris grabbed hold of me instantly as I went to jump to my feet and chase her down, my body shaking, who the hell does that girl think she is, coming in here, yelling down at me,kicking me and then walking away like she owned the place!

While I was furious by it all, my wolf was laughing his ass off at me.

"Don't attack her Sax," Chris warned lowly, then shook his head softly, "You two are sure going to be fun to watch butting heads constantly."

I growled back at him and he shrugged, Chris didn't fear me, he was just as bad as me, we are partners in crime and he is the only one I listen to at all and even then, I still don't half of the time but he is the same with me, despite me being Alpha. If he doesn't agree with something I say, he won't do it.

"She infuriates me so bloody much!" I growled lowly, so none of the humans around could hear us.

"Now you know how I feel around you," Chris muttered back.

I shot him filthy daggers and he just rolled his eyes, "I do not act the way she does," I snapped, rising to my feet, too angry to deal with another stupid class right now.

Chris smirked up at me, "You two are perfect for each other, no doubt about it. Both are hot headed and quick to snap but she is more mellow than you at the best of times and fun, you're just always angry and looking out for a fight."

I glared at him one last time as I shoved the doors opened and stormed out, the crazy wolf spirits must be insane to pair me and Eva up. She isn't going to be easy to boss around and it's already angering me.

You both even the other out, she has stuff you could learn and vice versa, Chris's voice filled my head in a neutral tone. I growled back at him furiously and he disappeared, leaving me to my own thoughts about that infuriating girl I just can't get enough of.

I must be glutton for punishment and torture because Eva Thorn knows how to punch all my buttons and walk away basically laughing about it. I needed to get control of this situation before I do something I may come to regret and something she will hate me forever for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - there it is, another sneak peek into the crazy way of thinking of Saxon's head. lol. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 39 16
After Clara's parents move to a different country and let her grandfather look after her, he passes away and she is forced to go to a boarding school...
899 40 23
High School. A word everyone dreads at some part of their lives because of the social system that exists there. But it's even worse when you have to...
1.8M 46K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
218K 11.7K 51
A genetically unique but emotionally lost teenager must figure out who she is within her mixed-up, warring world of Shifters and Wolfstalkers. ...