Drowning in Blood

By MentallyUnstablexoxo

Book 2 of the Blood Series! Book one: An Ocean of Bad Blood If you read book one, you don't need a descriptio... More

Welcome❀︎
1 ~ Good News, Bad News
2 ~ Real Life
4 - Pretty Little Gun
5 - Lunch Dates
6 - Dinner in Hell (Part 2)
7 ~ Angela The Bitch
8 ~ Double Trouble
9 ~ Mr. Control Freak
10 - Prince Not So Charming
11 - 360Β° + 180Β°
12 - Cherry on Top
13 - What Rules?
14 ~ Partying With Criminals
15 ~ Alcohol You Later
16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields
17 - Hangover Central
18 - Love Letters
19 - Food Fights
20 ~ Blood Brothers
21 ~ BLADE
22 - Don't Leave Me
23 - Attempted Murder #2
24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)
25 ~ Love Language
26 ~ Camp Stories
27 ~ Camp Stories 2
28 - Self Sabotage
29 - Spider Man Ankles
30 - I'll Catch You
31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef
32 ~ Lies and Secrets
33 - Let's Rule The World
34 - My Favourite Song
35 - Sanders Again!
36 - Boiled Cow's Head
37 ~ Anything and Everything
38 ~ Truthful Terrors
39 ~ Prom Night ✨
40 - Round Two
41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette
42 - The Real Wedding Crashers (Part 2)
43 - The Show Must Go On
44 - My Anything and Everything
45 - Chase's Story!
46 - 10 Reasons I Hate/Love You
47 - The Final Page
48 - Epilogue
Author's Note

3 ~ Same Old Love

3.9K 105 48
By MentallyUnstablexoxo

If you want real control, drop the control of illusion

"Hello Accetta family," I greet formally. Chase gives me a weird look but I ignore it.

"HI CHARM!" A squeaky high pitched voice shouts. I look next to Chase seeing his little sister. Bella!

"Hey beautiful. How're you," I ask.

"I'm good. I got a new dolly. Want to see," she offers, standing up.

"Maybe later. I'm hungry, aren't you," I ask. She nods, sitting back down.

"I have to pee," she gets back up in her pink dress and turns around walking out the room. I notice the big pink bow on the back of her dress.

"Hello to you too, Charm." Says a voice I dreaded speaking to since I found out who's house this is.

"Heyyy Leo," I drawl. He smirks and I send him a disgusted smile before turning back to the table. I take a seat and reach for my water placed in front of me. I sip on it not wanting to speak to anyone else. Especially a certain hazel eyed boy. 

"Alright so this dinner is the discussion of Chase marrying Charm so let's begin," my father says formally. I choke on my water coughing up a storm. Carmen smacks her hand against my back until I'm better again.

"Sorry what. Chase?" I question.

"Yes Chase. You already know him so even better," Father states. He continues talking in detail to Chase's parents about this marriage.

I haven't seen Chase since June. After we found my father I parted ways with him. And sadly the guys. I wanted to keep in contact but I thought maybe space was good. I miss them so fucking much but I don't know if I can handle going through this shit with Chase again.

Definitely not. I shouldn't have ended things with Walker. We can still sneak around like we used to.

"School too. That's gone," Mr. Accetta speaks on my behalf.

"No. I'm going to school," I argue. It took forever to convince my dad to let me go to school. And Carmen had to come with me.

"You will be marrying my son. Why would you need school," Marcello speaks in a thick Italian accent.

"To graduate and get my high school diploma at least. Hangout with my friends and go to prom," I state.

"Education is pointless in this situation, prom is stupid and you can make new friends," Chase shoots down each and everyone of my points made.

"Shut up! I'm going to school, I made my decision," I snap. I don't know where that came from but being around Chase gets me so angry.

"Let the princess go to school," Leo yawns.

"Can't believe I'm actually saying this but thank you," I thank Leo. School and my education is important. I may not have the best track record but I'm a straight A student.

"She can go to school," Mrs. Accetta speaks up. I smile back at her as she smiles sweetly at me. I've always loved her.

"May I be excused. I just need to use the bathroom," I ask.

"Of course dear. You know where it is," Loretta retorts. I get up and walk down the hall seeing Bella playing on the ground with her new doll. I bend down in front of her and she hugs me by my neck.

"Are you going to be my sister," she asks.

"Yeah, yeah I guess I am. Your sister in law," I correct. She smiles continuing to play with her doll. I get up and turn the corner, pulling out my phone. I hit speed dial 1 and he picks up on the first ring of course.

"What's up soon to be a wife," Walker says full of energy.

"Yeah amazing. I'm going to be Mrs. Huxley Accetta," I say sarcastically. Walker on the other line chokes out a cough.

"Sorry what," he asks.

"Yes I'm marrying fucking Chase Huxley," I whisper shout in the phone.

"The cheater," he asks stupidly.

"Yes who the fuck else. This "relationship" is already shit so can we just un-call off our offer?" I ask Walker, referring to the "relationship" we ended.

"Well obviously. I mean it's not like you and Chase are going to start anything," I hear a snort on the other line.

"Walker shut up," I shake my head even though he can't see me.

"I have to go. I'll call you later C," I whisper a quick goodbye before hanging up. I slide my phone in my pocket and turn around. "Shit," I curse out seeing Chase right in front of me.

"Sorry love. My bad," he apologizes.

"Stop calling me love," I tell him.

"Look, I think this is fate or something." I snort at the fact that Chase said that. He's a realist, he's never believed in fate. "I'm serious. Just try it. Let's try this out again," he says softly.

"Chase no," I state plainly.

"Come on. Don't you remember the promise. You promised," he mentions and I laugh emptilessly.

"Don't ever leave me," he whispers sadly.
I run my hands through his dark brown hair. "Never. I promise," I whisper, running my index finger down his jawline. I lean in kissing him once more.

"You seriously can't be bringing that up. That promise was built off lies," I laugh at the audacity he has. He knew I would've left him if I'd known so he made me promise.

Pathetic.

"I-I know," he runs a hand through his hair lost in words. "And I know I made a mistake and should've told you I-. Luck we could've been-"

"Chase! I need you to let go of the illusion it could've been any different. You made your choice and you can't change the past," I exclaim.

"You're right," he breathes out. His body slumps slightly. "I- I'm just sorry. You look beautiful today by the way," he turns around and walks into a room. I hear a few crashes and bangs must be him throwing stuff. I head straight back to the dining room.

I notice that we are having Alfredo pasta. I sit down and pick up my fork to dig in. So good. They have the best chef.

"So we think Charm won't need to continue training and go on missions since Chase can handle it." I choke on my pasta and take a few sips of water.

"No! I've trained my whole life, that is something I'm not giving up I'm sorry," I tell Marcello.

"She's right. We have prepared her. She will continue training and going on missions," Dad adds in.

"So be it," Marcello continues to write on a piece of paper. I wonder what it is. After discussion, eating and dessert we finally finished dinner. Chase never came back.

"Alright it's settled. Sunday you will be moving into Chase's penthouse. Lovely seeing you again." I hug Loretta before turning to Marcello. I give him a salute and ignore Leo as I walk back to the limo.

The boys in that family make me want to jab scissors in my eyes.

•••

"Why do you have so much shit," Dylan complains, packing my school items into a box for me.

"Because school. Have to keep my straight A's," I retort.

"With the amount of trouble, detentions and classes you skip. I'm surprised you even have an A," Tristan banters packing up my makeup.

"Be careful it's expensive," I yell at him as he carelessly tosses it in a box.

"Your drugstore makeup isn't expensive!" I hear Carmen shout from the other room. Okay it is drugstore makeup but why by the same or even sometimes worse quality for more. Especially when you can get efficient good quality makeup for cheap.

I mean I'll buy a few items at an expensive but basic shit I use everyday. That shit is cheap. Even if I am rich enough to buy the whole store.

"Alright which ones are going," Zach walks in dropping a shit ton of hoodies.

"That's mine," Tristan points out.

"And mine!" Dylan adds. Zach picks out a few hoodies that are his.

"You're the hoodie bandit," he says and I laugh.

"Okay so I may have forgotten to give a few of you your hoodies back," I throw my hands up in defence. But in reality they're soft, comfy and smell good. I love the smell of men's cologne.

"Pick one," Tristan sighs. I walk over to the pile of hoodies and pick one of each of the boys' hoodies. And two of Walker's.

"And the ones off your backs. They smell good," I plead with puppy dog eyes. Dylan rolls his eyes, taking off the hoodie and handing it to me. I place a kiss on his cheek thanking him and adding it to the pile of hoodies I'm taking. I walk over to Tristan who is standing with his arms crossed.

"Come on. Don't you want me to miss you guys," I beg. He sighs, taking his hoodie out of his bag and handing it to me. I fight back a smile knowing I'm good at this.

"Zach," I say softly.

"I'm not wearing a shirt under," he says. I plead with my eyes and he groans but nonetheless takes off his hoodie and hands it to me.

"Thanks tubby," I smack his abs twice before placing the hoodies in a box. I grab a permanent marker and begin labeling it.

"Are you serious? I'm all abs," Zach says, sliding his hands over his abs.

"Eh, could workout a bit more," I tease.

"When are you leaving," Tristan asks.

"Sunday so tomorrow morning probably," I shrug.

"YESSIR! GAME NIGHT!" Dylan shouts. The boys all high five and I dramatically sigh.

"Just don't cry when I kick your asses again," I flick my hair back dramatically.

"I didn't cry last time," Tristan mumbles and we laugh.

•••

"Alright I call this the Zach special," Zach sets down a tray of drinks in a small cup.

"What's it made out of," I ask looking at the odd colour. It looks like ginger ale but weird.

"Shh, just take it like a shot but x4. No chasers," he says. We all pick up our drink and cheer before drinking it.

I set down my glass and cough at the burning in my throat. Jenny gets up to go with water followed by Carmen.

"That shit is raw," Dylan croaks. His voice is deeper than usual because of the burning effect.

"It's a mix of liquors. My favourite," I look up at Zach who hasn't coughed or even made a face.

"I'm guessing you drink it often," I question.

"Of course. Best way to get fucked up on a Friday night," he says. I've been trying to stay away from alcohol but I gave up and decided to just cut back on it.

Oh well. We can't all be heroes.

How does that correlate you ask. No fucking clue, but just let me have my moment. And drink freely.

I don't get drunk anymore at least unless I'm with the guys.

"Here," Carmen tosses both Tristan and Dylan a bottle of water. Jenny hands her half empty one to Zach who hands it back to her.

"What about me," I ask, confused.

"Oh, sorry forgot," Carmen sends me an apologetic smile.

"Fucking forgot," I mumble standing up. Dylan grabs my arm pulling me back down and hands me his. "Thanks," I smile, taking a few sips before giving it back to him.

"Look Charm, we got you a going away gift," Tristan drops a basket of goodies on the coffee table. My eyes widened at the 3 bottles of Pink Whitney, Hennessy and Patron each. 

"I'm getting married and you guys get me alcohol," I ask.

"Yeah well you're going to need a lot more if you're stuck with that asshole for the rest of your life," Zach mutters and I laugh.

I look at all the sweet treats also included in the gift. I pick up a t-shirt that reads "Future Wifey" as everyone snickers. I throw it in Dylan's face. I just know he got me it.

"Come on, it's true. Can't hate the truth," he says holding up the shirt. I push his head off my shoulder and throw my feet over his legs.

"Let's play Life first," I suggest. The guys laugh at my change of subject and Jenny pulls out the board game.

Author's Note☜︎
I finished my school work early so here's another. Updating schedule in bio has been updated. TikTok link in bio.

Who's ready to see the guys?! Next chapter will have to wait until TMR morning unfortunately.

Have a good night/day everyone. Make sure to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
296K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
86.5K 2K 24
Eloise Isabella Sofia Rodriguez ---------- β™‘ ---------- Eloise lived a happy life with her parents and brothers, including her unborn sibling. One n...
623K 14.2K 35
Meet Angela Santiago, the daughter of the most feared mafia boss in Spain and the sister of three overprotective older brothers. She's a loving and n...