The Alpha's Strength

By MissBallet

Anna Knightly was the disgrace of the Rosewood pack. She was the human born to their otherwise pure Beta's bl... More

Three Little Words
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Two

11.9K 352 31
By MissBallet

        "Come on, Anna! The girls are going to be here any minute!" Kristen yelled from downstairs. It was the next morning already, and Kristen was bound and determined to prepare me in every way possible to meet her friends. She hadn't brought up the pack meeting when she found me awake last night, but I didn't expect her to. She knew I needed time away from packs. 

        "I'm coming," I replied, trudging down the steps. She convinced (Forced) me to borrow a pair of her black denim skinny jeans with a cute floral top to match. She dolled me up with a dab of make up, but t least allowed me to wear my black flats instead of her heels.

        She clapped her hands when she saw me, a wide grin lighting her face. "Girl, you look amazing!" I couldn't help the blush that crept up to my cheeks. I wasn't used to compliments of any kind, so this came as a shock to me. 

        "Thanks. You do, too." I told her awkwardly. She just laughed and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the house and to her driveway. Within the next minute, a silver convertible with it's top down, parked in the spot next to mine, thuroughly shaming my car to the depths of disgrace. There were four other girls already in the car. All three passengers were blondes, while the driver was a brunette. All of them were gorgeous, but that is to be expected, for they come from Werewolf blood. 

        "Hey, Kris! Is this Anna?" One of the blonde girls announce, opening the door for us to climb in. Kristen nodded enthusiasticly. 

        "Yup! Okay, Anna: This is Kylie," She pointed to the girl who opened the door. "This is Ashlen, she pointed to the driver, who was smiling widely at her and her startling blue eyes shining. "This is Bree, and this is Laura!" She pointed to the other two blondes, both adourned with light brown eyes, though their similarities stop there. Laura had a slightly wider face, whereas Bree had a sharp, thin one. "Guys, this is Anna!" 

        They all said there hello's, all smiling. It seemed surreal. So many people, friendly people. This was nothing like how I grew up. 

      "We better get a move on before traffic hits." Bree advised and with that statement Ashlen started the car and we were on our way to the mall. 

        Kristen's words held true, for the first thing out of Ashlen's mouth once we reached the mall was: "I wonder what stores Aaron shops at?" 

        They all groaned. "Don't start this again!" Bree exclaimed, throwing her hands up in defeat. 

        "What ever are you talking about?" Ashlen replied slyly, before skipping ahead of them into a department store. We all followed reluctantly. 

        The shopping day progressed, filled with playful banter and jokes. It was fun. For once, I felt like a part of something, of a group. 

        We decided to eat at the food court, despite Laura's protests--But I'm a vegitarian!--and were found some seats relatively close to the next store we plan to shop at. 

        "Honestly, Ash. You've never met the guy. How do you know you want him to be your mate? What if he's a douche?" Kylie questioned. Ashlen stopped for a second, thinking. 

        "I don't know. He's hot. Is that a reason?" We all laughed. 

        "So is Luke Clearman." Kristen piped. Ashlen rolled her eyes. 

       "Yeah, but he's..." She looked around and leaned in. "But he's mental. I don't think he sleeps! He just works out!" 

        It was our turn to roll our eyes. "Yes, but if he works out, then you know he must be strong. Strong men are good in be-" Laura began but was cut short by Bree. 

        "Innocent mind here!" She claimed, throwing her hands up to cover her ears. Laura smirked. 

        "You know you've thought about it. He's so fierce, and so passionate. You can just imagine...." She trailed off once she glanced at me, with my semi horror filled expression. "Oh! It looks like we have TWO innocent minds on our hands now!" 

        My cheeks blazed, while the rest of them laughed. 

        "Well, on that topic, I've been thinking about why Alpha Daniel threw together this meeting so abruptly." Kylie pondered. I pursed my lips, seeing as I'm not supposed to know about this yet. 

        "Oh, right! Anna, do you want to go to the meeting tonight? I was supposed to ask you last night, but it slipped my mind." Kristen asked, though her eyes flickered, telling me that it was a lie. 

        "I suppose so, but just to meet the Alpha and tell him why I'm here." I said indifferently. She nodded. 

        "Anyway," Kylie interrupted. "I've been thinking.... I think it's got something to do with Alpha Luke, with helping him find his mate." 

        "I wouldn't be suprised." Ashlen added. "They've been talking about it for weeks. He's out of control. On a good note though, I know I'm not his mate!" 

        We all rolled our eyes. "And that helps us how?" Laura laughed. 

        "Oh, you all can fend for yourselves." She replied simply, a smiling tugging on her lips. We all chuckled goodheartedly. 

        "Goodness gracious! It's already 3:30! We have to be at the pack house by six, so we better get a move on." Bree exclaimed, looking at her watch. We all stood and threw away our trash and continued with our shopping. 

        We got home just in time to eat a little dinner and then head straight there. And sure enough, Kylie's suspicions were right. 

       "Good evening, everyone. I have called you all here to inform you of an issue that is... hopefully... about to be resolved. You all know of our neighbor the Evermore pack, and of how their Alpha is searching for his mate. He will be coming her in a few days time to see if he mate resides here, by any chance." Alpha Daniel stood in the front of the dining room, with his pack and me situated to his front. 

        "How long will he be staying?" Someone asked from the crowd. 

        "Five days at the most. On the third day of his visit, I will host a sort of get-together, unless of course he has found his mate before that time. All unmated females are required to attend unless a dire emergancy. The Elder Council is getting anxious."

        The room erupted in soft murmurs. If the Elder Council was getting involved, then this was getting serious. 

         "I ask all of you not to provoke him in any way, nor be frightened by him. He is just coming to observe." The Alpha continued, despite the slight distraction. 

         "What will happen if he does find his mate?" Someone else asked. A hard look came across his face. 

         "Then she must join his pack." 

        The room grew silent. Pack shifts were hard on anyone, it was common knowledge. The only reason it was easy for me was because of how I was treated. Plus, I didn't really switch packs, I just left my old one. 

        "When will he arrive?"

       "Probably in two days time. Be prepared for him. Think on your feet if you see his wolf getting angry. Don't take any chances." He warned, his voice low. "Pack dismissed."

        All at once, everyone left their seats and filed out. Kristen and I stayed behind, for I still hadn't introduced myself yet. 

        I walked up to Alpha Daniel once nearly everyone was already gone. He looked at me with slight confusion. "Um... I'm Anna, the one from the Rosewood pack." I said timidly. 

        Recognition filled his gaze quickly, and a small, sad smile found it's way to his lips. "Right, right. Staying with the Greens. They told me all about your situation, dear." I nodded slowly, turning away slowly. "You do still plan to come to the get-together with Alpha Luke, though, am I correct? You were, in fact, born to a Beta family, so you are still suseptible to have a mate." 

        I hesitated. I was? I guess it makes sense, though. I nodded reluctantly. There was hardly a chance I would be the mate of an Alpha, though. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey:)

This story is really just getting started! Sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than the last one.... The next one will be longer, I promise!! 

Please Vote and/or comment!! It really means a bunch to mean if you do! And I don't mind anyone fanning me either:P 

Have a good day everyone!!:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...