Drowning in Blood

MentallyUnstablexoxo tarafından

Book 2 of the Blood Series! Book one: An Ocean of Bad Blood If you read book one, you don't need a descriptio... Daha Fazla

Welcome❤︎
2 ~ Real Life
3 ~ Same Old Love
4 - Pretty Little Gun
5 - Lunch Dates
6 - Dinner in Hell (Part 2)
7 ~ Angela The Bitch
8 ~ Double Trouble
9 ~ Mr. Control Freak
10 - Prince Not So Charming
11 - 360° + 180°
12 - Cherry on Top
13 - What Rules?
14 ~ Partying With Criminals
15 ~ Alcohol You Later
16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields
17 - Hangover Central
18 - Love Letters
19 - Food Fights
20 ~ Blood Brothers
21 ~ BLADE
22 - Don't Leave Me
23 - Attempted Murder #2
24 ~ Love Letters (Part 2)
25 ~ Love Language
26 ~ Camp Stories
27 ~ Camp Stories 2
28 - Self Sabotage
29 - Spider Man Ankles
30 - I'll Catch You
31 ~ My Beautiful, Giggly Sous-Chef
32 ~ Lies and Secrets
33 - Let's Rule The World
34 - My Favourite Song
35 - Sanders Again!
36 - Boiled Cow's Head
37 ~ Anything and Everything
38 ~ Truthful Terrors
39 ~ Prom Night ✨
40 - Round Two
41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette
42 - The Real Wedding Crashers (Part 2)
43 - The Show Must Go On
44 - My Anything and Everything
45 - Chase's Story!
46 - 10 Reasons I Hate/Love You
47 - The Final Page
48 - Epilogue
Author's Note

1 ~ Good News, Bad News

5.5K 126 194
MentallyUnstablexoxo tarafından

Months Later

Everyday is a new beginning if you let it

"Okay, okay. What is the most groundbreaking invention of all time," I watch as the blond boy in front of my leans back in his chair.

"A shovel," Carmen and I answer without a second thought.

"Come on," he jokingly slams his hand down on the table. A few blond hairs fall in front of his light blue eyes.

"It was a shit joke, admit it," the other boy speaks. Light brown hair, dark brown eyes. Eyes that hold passion, fire, desire. A dangerous combo with a dangerous smirk.

"Shut up you didn't even know the answer," the blond boy in his black jacket shoves the brunette. They shove back and forth until they tip over their chairs and wrestle on the ground.

"Everyday," Carmen sighs dramatically. She gestures her hand towards the boys staring at me with a stern look. I groan getting up and walking over to the two dumbasses.

"Dylan! Tristan! Get your ass off the ground," I say calmly. Feels like I'm yelling in lowercase at these two. They ignore me continuing to fight.

"You can come over to my place," I sigh and cross my arms. They both immediately push off each other and scramble on the ground attempting to get up. Once they do they stand in front of me fixing their clothing.

"Yo what's going on," a new voice enters. We turn around to see Zach walk in with his arm linked around Jenny's shoulders.

"We are going to Charm's tonight!" Dylan gloats running a hand through his brown hair.

"Yes! You're the best," Zach releases Jenny and puts his hand in the air. I high-five him, rolling my eyes as we sit back down.

"Of course I'm the best. Who else would be, Tristan," I snort jokingly.

"I'll have you know. I'm the second best," Tristan points a finger to me before pushing a few blond hairs back with his other hand. He's kind of like a young Leonardo DiCaprio. His doppelgänger.

"In your dreams hun. Also you can't come over tonight we have training. Tomorrow or Saturday," I correct. They nod before we turn to Jenny and Zach. Occupied by eating each other's faces. We throw fries at them right as the bell rings. The PDA in their relationship is astonishing.

We get up and throw out our scraps on the way to our lockers to talk for a bit about this weekend. With a few minutes left till the bell we say goodbye and I make my way to math with Dylan. Of course like always the second bell rings and now we are officially late. Not our fault math class is all the way on the other end of the school.

"Mr. Davis is going to kill us," I mumble, annoyed.

"Come on," Dylan takes my hand, dragging me to math class. We enter and Mr. Davis stares at us with a harsh look.

"What's up Davy!" I shout walking to the back of the classroom. Dylan follows and we ignore the stares. We sit down in our designated seats we always sit in. The back corner.

"Detention is what is up Miss. Knight," Mr. Davis replies. I roll my eyes as the class breaks out in laughter. Dylan leans back in his chair watching the class in front of us. One of his arms goes over the back of my chair and the other fiddles with a pen.

"Keep laughing," Dylan says in his deep voice and the class immediately shuts up. They're scared of both of us. We have a well-known reputation I'd say.

"Alright we are going to continue," Mr. Davis determines, turning back to the board. I lean my head back against Dylan's arms and tilt my head up so I'm looking at him. He winks and I stick my tongue out at him. 

"Yeah whatever, you want me," Dylan whispers deeply. I stick my finger pointing to the back of my throat and imitate a gag. We both laugh, earning another detention from Mr. Davis. That'll make the 12th this month and it's only the 7th.

•••

"I can't, I have detention," I tell Carmen.

"Are you serious. Dad is going to murder you! He's still trying to get those charges off your record," Carmen reminds.

"He'll live. If I don't want to get suspended I have to go. I already missed like 9 detentions. Look I'll be back before training is over, don't worry," I say thinking of a plan.

"Fine! I'm covering for you only for ten minutes," Carmen offers. I use my puppy dog eyes to plead with her. "30 and that's it," she scolds.

I hug her, kiss her cheek and whisper a thank you before walking off.

"It's always the oldest one babysitting the younger sister!" Carmen shouts. I hold up my middle finger not bothering to turn back.

"You're older by 77 seconds!" I remind her. I continue walking down the halls till I find one of my least favourite rooms. The detention room.

I walk in to see Dylan and Zach sitting in the back. I walk over to them and throw my backpack under the desk. I hop on their table and sit leaving my legs dangling in the open space between them.

"I need a ride," I pout, pushing my bottom lip out. I bar my eyelashes between Zach and Dylan waiting for someone to take up my favour.

"Fine. One hour I need sleep," Zach says, pulling down his shades. I take them off his eyes and place them on top of my head.

"Five minutes give or take," I correct.

"We're in detention," Dylan reminds me. 

"Yeah and when that teacher leaves," I look back at Mrs. Adams and flash her a smile. She smiles back and I turn back to the boys dropping my smile. "That window is going to be my best friend," I explain.

We wait a few minutes before Mrs. Adams finally leaves and closes the door. I grab my bag and throw it out of the window. Zach gets out first and then I'm next. When my feet drop to the ground I look back up at Dylan.

"See you tomorrow," he says and I laugh.

"Bye Dyl," I blow him a kiss before running to the parking lot with Zach. We reach his motorcycle and he tosses me a helmet. I place it over my head and hop on behind Zach.

My hair is still a dark brown, almost black with dark wine red highlights. I'm thinking about changing it up again. Fresh start you know.

I wrap my arms around Zach's waist as he starts up the motorcycle.

•••

I wave a goodbye to Zach as I enter the Knight Corporation office building. Luckily Carmen texted me about how training was canceled and instead there's a meeting at six. If I was told earlier I could've actually stayed the whole detention.

I walk into the elevator and press the 50th floor button. It stops at floor 20 and the doors open. I giggle as he rushes in and slides his keycard forcing the elevator to go up without stops. 

"I love that giggle," before I can reply his lips are on mine. My hands go straight for his soft dark black hair. He pulls away slowly and I stare into his blue eyes. The elevator dings indicating we've reached the 50th floor.

"Pleasure doing business with you Walker," I jokingly comment.

"Right back at you babe," he replies as we walk out of the elevator. We stroll down the halls until we reach his office. We both walk in and close the doors. I sit down at his desk in his desk chair spinning around to see the view out of the wall to wall and floor to ceiling window. I turn back around and Walker is rummaging through files.

"So what's happening?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Lots of shit. Your dad has news for you tonight good and bad," he explains.

"And you're going to tell me what it is right?" I ask, playing with a pen on his desk. I take off my shoes trying to feel comfortable. Luckily these floors are cleaned like five times a day.

"Trust me I would Charm. But I don't know it," he shrugs. He pulls out freshly printed papers from the printer.

"I hate surprises," I groan, throwing my legs up on his desk. I lean back in the chair, getting comfortable.

"It won't be bad I don't think," Walker heads to the door as soon as he hears a knock. In walks his assistant. Mindy. With her curves, blonde hair and big boobs. I hate her.

"Hey Mr. Sharpe," she says softly as she touches his bicep. I cough out loud just enough so she can hear me. Walker moves to the side giving Mindy a lovely view of me.

"Mindy! What a surprise," I say sarcastically. She scowls at me but quickly puts on a smile as Walker turns back to her.

"Hi Charm," she greets. I clear my throat and she fixes the files in her hands before looking back up at me. "Sorry I meant CEO Knight," she corrects and I nod.

"What's up," I ask. She turns to Walker and hands him a stack of files before leaving. Once she closes the door he turns back to me.

"Really, didn't we talk about this," Walker says, walking towards me. He drops the files on his desk and stares at me.

"Talk about what," I play dumb. Walker rolls his eyes.

"CEO. You and Mindy. Me, not interested in her," he reminds me. I cross my arms and furrow my eyebrows.

"Don't remember," I shrug.

"Charmainley," he pushes.

"Urghhhh. I'm close enough to the CEO, the daughter of the Owner and CEO is good enough. Plus not all of us can be VP Mr. Chief Operating Officer," I point to his name tag title.

"I'll always be COO and VP. Eventually you'll be the actual CEO and Owner," he points out.

"Yeah not till my dad hits the dirt," I scoff. Walker chuckles, shaking his head before checking his watch.

"It's 6:15, what time is your meeting," he asks me. I put my legs down and get out of his chair.

"15 minutes ago!" I rush putting my shoes back on as Walker laughs at me.

"You're always late," he mentions as if I didn't know. Twice today.

"It's not funny!" I run out of his office and down the hallway to the conference room. Luckily it's on the same floor. I burst through the doors and heads turn to me.

"Father, to what do I owe this pleasure," I greet, sitting on the end of the table as I always do.

"You're late," he points out.

"Your hair looks so much better short," I compliment. I made him get rid of that ugly ass man bun. No hate against man-buns. They're just not for everyone.

"Charmainley you're always late, unprofessional and in inappropriate attire. You need to fix your act," he tells me.

I attempt to flatten out my helmet hair and pull down my crop top. "I was at school," I try to reason.

"Till 6," he questions.

"Detention again," Carmen blurts out. Little rat.

"Look right now you have all the skills and ability to become heir. Except for the presentation. It's unprofessional to be late, rowdy, wearing clothes like these to a business meeting," he continues listing off my flaws.

"If you can't get it right heir will go straight to Carmen," I look to Carmen in her dumb pencil skirt, blouse and cardigan. She is sitting there all smug and I wish I could tell her to shove it u-

"So I have a proposal for you. You have to do it anyways but with this it'll increase your chances of becoming and owning Knight Corp," he explains.

By "Knight Corp" he doesn't just mean the business. The whole mafia and everything.

"Okay so lay it on me top-dog," I smack my hand on the table. My father gives me a serious look and I sit up properly.

"Sorry. Father, please do me the pleasure of speaking to me of this important news knowledgeable and beneficial to my earning," I ask politely.

I get another stern look from my father before I burst out in laughter. "She's obviously immature as you said," Carmen says. I poke my tongue out at her before taking a sip of the glass of water in front of me.

I can be mature.

"You're getting married," he says.

I spit my water out all over the table and paper in front of me. I cough up the water that went down the wrong pipe as I struggle to breathe. "Sorry, repeat that. I didn't hear you," I tell him.

"You, Charmainley Easton Knight are getting married," he says cheerfully.

WHAT THE FUCK!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

246K 6.3K 54
-BOOK 1- The first book in the series of "Thrill in Danger" books. Its not your typical bad boy or bad girl story. Its something bigger, its betraya...
88.4K 2K 24
Eloise Isabella Sofia Rodriguez ---------- ♡ ---------- Eloise lived a happy life with her parents and brothers, including her unborn sibling. One n...
315K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
102K 3.7K 39
*Book two of the Queen of the Underworld series* Time has passed and Anastasia Bianchi has changed. For better or worse...well, that's not the point...