A Couple of Rose ✔️

By whatsupnikkie

Park Chaeyoung or mostly known as Rosé of Blackpink messed things up when she confessed to the wrong man. Bad... More

the thing that shouldn't happen
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter 9

990 58 30
By whatsupnikkie

"He mattered to you and I don't."

It has been a month after her birthday, Blackpink needed to fly to Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon so the girls didn't really had time to sober up after Chaeyoung's surprise birthday party, they wore sunglasses and caps on to hide their dark circles and definitely for their lack of sleep. Especially to the blonde who hide her face with a mask that day. After what happened that night on her birthday party, Chaeyoung somehow find it hard to ask her fake boyfriend why they did that.

They weren't supposed to do that, her relationship with him should be platonic because they don't even have feelings for each other... right? They both didn't even bring it up even when they started calling each other every night to check for one another because apparently their group's schedules went tight with the world tours going on and they couldn't have time to visit each other. So basically, yeah. The last time Chaeyoung saw Jin was when her birthday. Was she thankful of it? A little, she still feel awkward when she remember the kiss. She's just grateful that he's a good actor.

So imagine her distressed when he asked her to come for Yoongi's birthday. Fortunately, the girls are coming as well but her Jennie unnie looked perplexed and pretended to be sick.

Chaeyoung asked if other people are coming but he said it was just them because Yoongi doesn't like noise and don't have a lot of friends to invite, he even initiated to them that he should just sleep the whole day in which Jimin and Hoseok strongly disagreed.

When the three girls arrived, Jin was still cooking with the help of Hoseok, Yoongi was on his genius lab doing a vlive for their fans, then the three maknaes were playing video games and Namjoon being their baby sitter. Jin opened the door for them and the first thing he did was stare at her, she didn't do the same but the blush on her cheeks made her two members giggled. "Sorry, we were still cooking but come in." He said to the three, as he scratched the back of his head shyly. Jisoo was the first one to react, "No, it was fine. We'll just wait."

"Lili is that you??" Lisa's ears perked when she heard that familiar voice. She quickly reverted her attention and ran inside the apartment. 

Upon seeing Taehyung with widespread arms, Lisa's smile brightened up even more. "My cuddly gominhyeong!!!" She shouted in her sweet little voice that made Jisoo cringed.

"Kids these days." She shake her head, sighing. Jisoo then excused herself from the two to follow Lisa who jumped at her baby boyfriend who abandoned the game in which Jimin highly disapproves because without the latter's help he will surely lose again against the game addict bunny.

Without the two girls on her side anymore, Chaeyoung gathered all her courage to look at him and say something, but Jin made it harder for her when he took tiny steps in front of her as he lifted his hands to cupped the side of her face and caressed her soft cheeks. "I ordered your favorite Hawaiian pizza, eat at the living room while waiting for me okay?" 

Chaeyoung stared at him, speechless and unconsciously nodded her head like she was under his spell. Seeing the obedient blonde, Seokjin couldn't help but to pat her head softly as he gently pulled her in and closed the door. "See you in a bit, mon amour."

So that leads her here, in bangtan's living room with different kinds of flavored chicken, pizzas, drinks, and a birthday cake. Jin and Hoseok are still in the kitchen and she was munching the pizza while watching the video game they were playing like what she has been told to do. 

"I want ice cream. Hyung do we have an ice cream?" Jungkook suddenly stopped playing and turned to Namjoon. 

But instead of the latter, Jimin was the one who replied while his eyes still focused at the game. "Taehyungie ate it all yesterday." Jungkook who heard this look at his other hyung, betrayal visible on his eyes. 

Taehyung who felt those laser eyes, he quickly gave the maknae a glance. "Sorry, I was famished working out." ー "That's why you don't get any abs hyung!" 

"I like my man soft and cuddly."

"I wasn't talking to you Lisa!"

"Yah! What's keeping your pants on fire! Then just buy an ice cream!" She screamed back. Chaeyoung can only sighed from all the ruckus around her, she was on her fifth pizza when she felt her hairs on the back stood up. The blonde slowly turned her head on her right and just what she expected a bunny was looking at her, eyes squinting. W-what now? What did she do?

Seokjin just finished cooking, he quickly went to his room to freshen up a bit and change his clothes so that he won't smell like food. He was still fixing his hair when he reached the living room and noticed some of them are missing. With his eyebrow raising, Seokjin counted the people in the room twice. Hoseok was already there messing up with Jimin but two people in the room was missing. 

He turned to the nearest people on his side. "Hey love birds, where's Chaeyoung?"

Lisa and Taehyung stopped flirting with each other as they lifted their heads to look at the eldest, Jin was now dressed in a plain cream colored oversized hoodie and a whitewashed jeans. The two couple exchanged looks before Taehyung answered him, "She went out with Jungkook, hyung."

Come again? "With whom?"

Lisa got confused by Jin's reaction, so she repeated her boyfriend's words but more explaining. "JK, she was all alone earlier waiting for you then Gukkie ask if she wanted to go get some ice creamー" However, Jin turned his back and bolted into a run, leaving the apartment. "Hey! Where are you going oppa?!" The girl got alerted and stood up, but it was too late when they all heard the door slammed close. That was kinda rude, she was still explaining, Lisa pouted.

The blackpink's maknae was about to ask Taehyung when she saw him glaring at her with his arms crossed over his chest like a child having a tantrum. "What?" She grimaces.

"I don't like you calling him 'Gukkie'." That's Kim Taehyung and his jealousy by the way.

Apparently, Jungkook the golden maknae saw her doing almost nothing. Looking bored with a box of Hawaiian pizza on her lap, she was munching it while in deep thoughts. So he got an idea and asked her if she wanted to buy an ice cream with him. She was supposed to turn down the offer but her Jisoo eonnie said, "I think he needs a baby sitter to crossed the road, accompany him." in which Namjoon agreed too by nodding. 

She gulped, nervously shifting her attention back to Jungkook and then the latter said. "I. Want. Ice cream. Chaeyoung." It sounded more like a warning than a demand, so she didn't have any choice but to say, "Okay." where he rejoices with little jumps.

It hasn't been that long that she was alone with him but Chaeyoung was still fidgety, they have their masks and caps on, perfectly hiding their identity as they walked to the nearest convenience store. Jungkook wasn't awkward with her, he keep telling her stories about his hyungs obviously trying to be friendly and getting to know her. She laugh now and then, specially if it's something funny about the oldest member of bangtan but she just couldn't believe it. She had dreamt to talk to him like this before and now that it's happening, it was kinda rather normal. 

He was easy to talk with, not intimidating. A little bit childish, well matured on his own way, he's a gentleman and have a lot of respect towards his hyungs. He's just like a younger version of Jin. The blonde doesn't even know why she's thinking about that, and she just noticed now that they are already inside the store looking for a good ice cream flavor.

"Actually it wasn't me who likes ice cream, I just stacked tons of them in our fridge in case if Suji comes by." A very warm smile formed on his lips, even if his face was covered with a mask, Chaeyoung can see through him. It was obvious he was thinking of his girlfriend and it's a lie if she will say she didn't get affected a little.

"You really love her huh?"

"Why do you sound surprised?" He laughed, picking chocolate flavored ones and vanilla. "Aren't you the same with hyung?" 

Chaeyoung shyly glanced away, as she picked three big tubs of strawberry yogurt ice cream. "How can you say that?" She asked, her thoughts were on her members. Lisa and Taehyung can share one tub together they both love strawberries and Jisoo can give Namjoon too, then maybe she can share it with... the blonde stopped on her tracks. What was she thinking?

Jungkook closed the cooler and took the plastic basket full of chocolate and vanilla flavored ice creams as he went first to the cashier to pay. He was also about to pay the ice creams she's holding but Chaeyoung shook her head. Jungkook sighed softly, putting his hands inside his cotton jogger's pockets. "It's obvious on the way you looked at him, Chae. You were always listening to him even if he talks nonsense, you laughed so hard with his dad jokes even if it wasn't even that funny, and most of all you couldn't resist him." He explained very detailed as he take out some cash to pay the bill.

Chaeyoung let her gaze fall sternly on her feet. It mustn't be, something was not right with her.

"What? What's up with the silence? Am I wrong?" Jungkook tilted his head, checking up on her. The blonde forced a smile as she shook her head. 

Chaeyoung put the ice creams on the counter to pay it as well before she replied at him. "Maybe?" She lowly laugh, playing along. 

After buying their ice creams, they both went out to the store with Jungkook shrugging his shoulders. "That's ridiculous. Everyone sees it. They talked about you two you know? I just listened." He stated the obvious, and once again she was speechless.

"Oh, looked!" Jungkook suddenly nudge her arm. "Speaking of the devil, I think I should leave you two." He was the first one who noticed Jin walking not far from them. He had his hood on but there was no mask to hide his face. He must've been in a hurry. 

"Wait, Jungkook!" 

Chaeyoung tried to call for him but the bunny already started jogging away, he waved his hands goodbye to the blonde as he says... "Bye, Chaeyoung. It's nice talking to you, you're not loud unlike Lisa or your unnies."

She saw how Jungkook passed by him with a short greet "Annyeong, hyung." but the latter was quiet. His steps slowed down unlike earlier, and it's making her nervous for an unknown reason.

The moment he was in front of her, Seokjin bravely took out the hood of his sweatshirt. "I told you to wait, Roseanne." When he gazed into her eyes, his voice was deep and a little bit monotone.

Her grip on the plastic bag tightened. "I'm sorry, I couldn't say 'No'."

"You couldn't say 'No'?" He repeated her words like he wanted her to take it back, but it was the truth so Chaeyoung slowly nodded her head. "Yeah, of course." He breathed. "How can I forget? You could never say 'No' to him."

"It's not like that, i-it was never like that Jin..." She tried to explain but it seems like he's not hearing her so Chaeyoung tried approach him but he leaned away. 

"Are you angry with me?" She asked him softly, she really didn't want to hear his answer but.. she couldn't no longer hide her confusion, Chaeyoung needs to know those answers.

"Jin, I'm asking you! Please don't walk away.." She quietly beg when Jin was about to turn his heels around. She had enough of this, even herself was confusing. 

The lad's jaw clenched, his gaze not looking at her straight. "I am not angry, Roseanne. I was.."

"You're what?"

"Disappointed."

"I don't understand.. Jin, I don't understand. Why? I didn't do anything wrong."

Seokjin cupped his face, stopping all his urges to cursed in front of the blonde. It was dreadful, suddenly the reality sinks in like a tremendous flood. "I know you don't. It's just that after all the things I did for you, he was still the one who mattered... and I don't. So, please stop asking Roseanne and let me be." His tone was soft, even understanding, yet strangely enough it tore something inside Chaeyoung's chest.

All along those hurtful reminders were not really for her, it was for him when he's with her. That's the freaking reality. She was only borrowed yet he played the game like a fool.

He put his hood on and left, not the same route back to bangtan's apartment. Maybe somewhere far from her. Chaeyoung let out a dry laugh, realizing that she won't be sharing her ice cream to anyone after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.4K 3.5K 44
"I am sorry. I'm not an easy person to want." "Who said I wanted easy? I don't crave easy, I crave goddamn difficult." ⇒kim jennie x min yoongi 06/17...
41.3K 1.1K 17
Rosé is a happy girl or so everyone sees her. She has a stalker Ex boyfriend who keeps contacting her and brings up her traumas and fears and then t...
8.6K 493 12
A Beautiful woman named Chaeyoung Famously Known as Rosé who is loved by everyone. A high payed Model and Singer with multiple awards. Thought that s...
58K 1.8K 60
Instagram texted Based. Park Jimin the bad boy of the school along with his group, BTS. Park Chaeyoung the queen but goody two shoes of the school a...