Without Warning ✺ S.S

By wandylan_

◤ ◥ In which a girl who almost have nothing left... More

▶︎ C a s t & Info ◀︎
▶︎ s e a s o n 3 A ◀︎
▷ 2 ◁
▷ 3 ◁
▷ 4 ◁
▷ 8 ◁
▷ 9 ◁
▷ 10 ◁
▷ 11 ◁
▷ 12 ◁
▷ 13 ◁
▷ 14 ◁
▷ 15 ◁
▷ 16 ◁
▷ 17 ◁
▷ 18 ◁
▷ 19 ◁
▷ 20 ◁
▷ 21 ◁
▷ 22 ◁
▷ 23 ◁
▶︎ C a s t & Info ◀︎
▶︎ s e a s o n 3 B ◀︎
▷ 1 ◁
▷ 2 ◁
▷ 3 ◁
▷ 4 ◁
▷ 5 ◁
▷ 6 ◁
▷ 7 ◁
▷ 8 ◁
▷ 9 ◁
▷ 10 ◁
▷ 11 ◁
▷ 12 ◁
▷ 13 ◁
▷ 14 ◁
▷ 15 ◁
▷ 16 ◁
▷ 17 ◁
Author's note

▷ 1 ◁

4.2K 51 8
By wandylan_

Austin, Nevada, August 2013

  Reese's POV

   Emptiness and hollowness is what I felt when I stood in front of the case where my mother was lying peacefully, dead.

   I didn't know what happened to her. Why she was lying in the living room in a puddle of blood. I tried to make my father speak but nothing came out of that mouth. And it's frustrating. So. Much. Frustrating.

Unlike me, my father played it off. As if his wife, if he called her like that, didn't just showed up after five years and died in the middle of his house. But, deep down I knew he cared. But not as much as he used to.

My dad always had to deal with trauma and grief but as a hunter- wait scratch that, as a EX-hunter he learned to live with it.

This was one of the reason he decided to move from our old town. But also because of me. He and his whole family always had been hunters and so was trained to do so. When my father discovered I had green mist coming out of my hands. So instead of following the Code and kill me, he decided to not follow it and ran away. And that's where my mother came and died on our carpet.

   Not that I hate her, no I loved her before she left but her dying in front of me was kind of traumatising. I still have nightmares about it.

Anyway, one thing lead to another, my dad booked two tickets with no return to Beacon Hills, his -and mine- childhood town, a very little town, deep inside California.

And right when I was about to ask my dad about the small town my phone rang.

   I moved the phone without checking who was the caller. "Hello?" I said quietly.

   "Hi," Lydia's voice echoed loudly. I quickly turned the volume down when the lady sitting next to me looked at me weirdly. I flashed her a fake smile before Lydia asked, "so how are you?"

   Lydia and I've been friend for ages. We actually met in middle school. Lydia like to say we're like platonic soulmate. Unfortunately, just before the first year of high school, my parents and I moved away because my dad has been offered a job in Nevada. We kept in touch since then. And often traveled to one another's house during the holidays.

Like I said, even with the distance separating us I considered her as a best friend. And her considered me as a best friend.

So when I found out about my power, I directly told her about it. At first she was hesitant but when we saw each other and I showed her I could read mind she was surprised. Not scared but surprised. Which at that moment brought me a kind of comfort.

After that episode, she wanted to know more about the supernatural, I was very resilient about it. The supernatural isn't a world where the fairys and humans coexiste well together. They are more the kind of fighting each other to death. So when she told me her ex-boyfriend, Jackson, became a kanima I knew it was time to tell her everything I knew.

   "Yeah..." I whispered loudly while eyeing the lady annoyingly. "Yes, Lydia, I'm fine."

   "Great!" The strawberry blonde genuinely exclaimed, tearing my ear in two pieces at the same time. "Hope you ready for a triple date, I'm bringing Allison by the way"

   "Cool!" I said, remembering the last time I went to Lydia's and talked to Allison.

   The girl was actually a hunter's daughter. The Argent. And despite the reputation of this family, which is cold-hearted and things like that, Allison was actually pretty simple, funny and seemed to be happy all the time.

   "Lyds, I have to go, my plane is here. I'll call you when I arrive okay ?"

   "What? Already?" She whined. "Okay, I'll wait for you in front of the airport. Does your dad knows?"

   I chuckles softly and responded with a 'yeah' before turning my phone off and grabbed my baggages.

   Walking slowly toward the entrance of the plane, I looked behind to see if my dad was following me. He looked up and smiled softly at me, I returned the gesture and then we walked in the plane.

   During the travel, I was either reading, either sleeping. Mostly reading to be honest.

   Then when I barely laid a foot on the Californian ground, I muttered a small 'good bye' to my dad, and took my phone to call Lydia. And when my best friend answered I followed her indications to find her car.

   Turning left and then right but after left again was confusing.

Who would make a airport where all the doors and wall look like the same everywhere. I thought.

   But as soon as I found her car and her leaning on the door, we both ran to do a bone-crushing hug. When we pulled away, we were both grinning like some idiots.

Third person's POV

Stiles rolled his eyes for what seemed the twentieth times as Scott was telling him about the fact that he didn't call Allison for 3 whole months.

The two best friends wouldn't stop talking about the one thing all boy have in mind. Girls. Well, maybe not all of them but for them, Scott and Stiles, yes.

Scott was so proud of himself for not calling the huntress that he didn't really pay attention when Stiles told him about the crush he always had on Lydia's best friend.

No. No, no, no, no. Not Allison. Even though she's pretty, she's not Stiles' ... style. The person Stiles had a crush on was Reese. The best friend of the strawberry blonde who appears to come live in Beacon Hills. How did he know that? Don't ask. You're better if you don't know, believe me.

Anyway, Stiles had this crush since she first showed up in kindergarten before her and her parents moved away to live in Nevada.

"And you?" Scott interrupted Stiles' thoughts.

"Me? What? A tattoo? Hell no!" Stiles vigorously shook his head.

"I was not talking about a tattoo, dumbass. I was talking about girls." Stiles' eyes lit up but before he could answer, the tattoo artist came in and sat down next to the werewolf aka Scott.

"I don't know, man. Are you sure about this?" Stiles asked desperately, trying to convince Scott to not do it. "I mean, those things are petty permanent y'know"

"I'm not changing my mind!" Scott said happily.

Stiles sighed softly "Okay, but why two bands? Don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know?"

"Well, getting a tattoo means something." Scott protested.

"He is right, tattooing goes back thousands of years." The tattoo artist interrupted them and leaned back in his chair. They all kept arguing and once the tattoo artist began the tattoo on Scott's arm Stiles fainted because of the needle.

After the girls, Lydia and Reese picked up Allison, they headed toward Lydia's house.

Lydia was in the driver seat, Reese the passenger and Allison the back one's. The three were laughing at something Reese had said.

"I really like your car, Lydia." Reese grinned, looking the rain drops on the windshield.

Lydia's car was a orange truck, a Chevy to be more accurate. At first Lydia wasn't happy about it. And still. She always said that a car has to correspond to the driver which wasn't really the case with her and this truck.

   Lydia smirked and took a quick glance in her direction before returning to the road. "Well, I was going to tell you this tomorrow but I guess now is the right time-"

   "No! No way!" Reese exclaimed, making Allison jump a little at her loud voice.

   "Oh yes way. She's yours." Lydia cheered as Reese began to smile like a five years old kid.

Allison grinned at the two smiling girls in front of her. With Reese being there but not as a vacation, warmed her heart with pure joy. It was like a new fresh start. Ever since she met Reese, she would laugh or smile ear to ear until her cheeks hurt. And that details made Allison even more happy.

   Then the subject quickly changed, it went from cars to the infamous 'triple date'.

"It is not a triple date" Lydia said, annoyed by Allison's stubbornness.

"But you told to me it-" Reese began speaking but when she met Lydia's glare she immediately stopped. The brown haired girl just raised two hands defensively.

"Do they know that?" Allison raised her eyebrows, referring to the other part of a triple date. The boys. "Because I told you that I'm not ready to get back out there"

When Lydia shook her head, Reese's face contorted in disgust. "It's a orgy?" She asked, kinda out of the blue.

"It's not an orgy either" Lydia objected slowly, she glanced at Allison and cocked an eyebrow. "You were in France and didn't date anyone for four months?" Allison just shrugged.

An idea popped in Reese's head, she was going to talk about Jake? No, James to make Lydia drop the topic.

Reese was going to talk but Allison did it first with a 'Did you?' . A small smirk took place on her face.

"Jackson? Wasn't it James or maybe Jake?" Reese wondered out loud making Allison smile and responded.

"Not it's Jackso-"

"Do not say his name!" Lydia cut them off. Then, Allison asked if she was over him.

"Obviously not!" Reese mocked. But the strawberry blonde decided to ignore her comment and responded herself.

"Would I be going on a triple date if I wasn't?" The brown haired girl facepalmed herself. Didn't she just said the opposite two minutes ago?

Allison chuckled. As Lydia realised what she just said and sighed. "Yes, it's a triple date" Lydia finally admitted.

"I'm always right" Reese rubbed gently her hand on Allison's shoulder as she kept on chuckling.

"But..." Lydia spoke louder, grasping Reese's attention. "It's not an orgy"

Reese sighed happily, she would rather jump off the car right now if it was going to be an orgy.

"You know, it's not like some girl's going to pop now and kiss you" Scott sneered, earning a death glare from Stiles who quickly returned his eyes on the road in front of him even though the traffic light were red.

   "I know." Stiles sighed.

   Scott just looked at him, "I know some girls, you know. Maybe Melanie c-" Scott stopped when he noticed the brunette wasn't paying any attention in what he was babbling about anymore.

   Scott followed his gaze and saw Lydia's car. He didn't really pay attention to the new/old friend who was sitting with them. No he just saw the hunter's daughter, Allison.

   It was like all was in slowmotion, Scott just staring at Allison. And Stiles staring at Reese.

She was gorgeous, with blue eyes, her features were soft and full of grace. Stiles couldn't help but staring.

   When Reese turned her head, still giggling about something Lydia said, she saw a baby blue jeep. Her eyes traveled toward the driver, he looked handsome. Stiles. They locked their eyes for a moment before Lydia started driving again.

   "Lydia, it wasn't even green!" Reese shouted from the passenger seat.

    "Did you even realised what was happening?" Allison asked her but when the brown haired girl shook her head she said: "It was Scott, the boy that I talked you about!" Reese sent an apologetic smile at the huntress.

   "Maybe we should talked to them, you know, getting known each other" Stiles said innocently. Scott gave him his famous 'are you serious?' look.

   "Dude, no. It's not because you saw a pretty girl means I have to go with you" Stiles just sighed sadly at his answer.

   "You would have listen to me just once you should have known it was Reese." Stiles annoyingly responded.

   Reese looked behind the car to see the jeep, still standing there, not moving at all. The jeep started to drive again when the traffic light turned green.

   After a moment the blue car stopped in the middle of the road, Reese frowned a bit. "What are they doing?" she muttered. Allison saw her confusion and looked behind with her as well.

   "Lydia, stop. I need to go back and talk to him" and with that, Lydia stopped the car.

   Her and Allison were talking when Reese senses something wrong. She turned her head toward the windshield and saw a deer coming face to face with the car.

   When it hit the car, all three screamed and Lydia and Allison came out of the car, Lydia had to drag Reese out. Her body had become numb.

  Scott and Stiles, who heard the screams, came out of the jeep and ran toward them.

   Scott went immediately near Allison to check up on her and Stiles went, like a reflex, near Reese.

   "It came out of nowhere, it ran into us" Lydia said, hugging herself.

"You okay?" Stiles spoke to check if anybody was hurt, but the question was obviously directed for Reese.

"I'm alright." She nodded her head softly and locked their eyes again.

They were interrupted by Lydia's yelling. "Well, I'm not okay" she exhaled shakily "I am totally freaking out. How the hell does it just run into us?" Lydia raised her voice.

Stiles watched as Reese and his best friend walked near the deer.

"I saw it's eyes before it hit us, it was like it-it was like it was crazy" Reese said quietly. Scott lifted his head up and glared at her. "Or scared"

Scott put his hand on the deer's dead body "Actually, terrified"

   In the background, you could see Reese frowning and whispering "My Chevy." Sadly.

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 556 11
「MALICIOUS THOUGHTS」 ❝𝙄 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣. ❞ ❝𝙊𝙝, 𝙄 𝙖𝙢. 𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤...
2K 61 14
༻இ༺ "𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙇 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙇 𝘿𝙄𝘿 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀" ༻இ༺ 𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯...
37.7K 984 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...
122K 3.8K 95
𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 Riley Winters thought nothing good would come...