sunshine | mark sloan

Av Rainbow-Candy

veronica jennings was starting her internship. she was ecstatic to finally do what she loved. she was a surgi... Mer

part one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
part two
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
extra chapter - smut
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
extra chapter - smut
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
part three
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one

chapter six

6.7K 201 28
Av Rainbow-Candy

season 2 episode 27

denny was alive and the group was in a lot of trouble. veronica was stood in the chief's office with meredith, izzie, cristina, george and alex. they had a plan. a stupid plan in veronica's eyes but a plan nonetheless.

izzie spoke first, "i cut the lvad wire."

"actually, i cut the lvad wire," meredith lied.

george spoke over her, "no, i did it. i'm the one who cut the wire."

cristina hesitated, causing george to nudge her.

"fine, i cut the lvad wire," she told.

veronica hesitated too, her mouth slightly agape as she stared at the chief. the other turned to stare at her. she rolled her eyes and through gritted teeth spoke.

"they're lying. i cut the lvad wire."

she knew they didn't believe her as they stared at her but at least she'd supported her friend. her kind of friend. at this point she honestly didn't know if she was a big fan of izzie.

"i didn't do anything. i'm totally innocent," alex revealed.

everyone began having a go at him at once.

"people," richard silenced. " i know who did this so you might as well come clean. i know."

"with all due respect sir, if you knew you wouldn't be asking us," george voiced.

izzie went to tell the truth but meredith spoke over her.

"you have your suspicions but you don't actually know."

"not for sure," cristina added.

"and you can't do anything to any of us without prove, sir," george finished.

richard stood up, "well, one of you compromised a patients life. one of you stole an organ. one of you jeopardised the integrity of this hospital and of unos. now, you tell me and you tell me right now."

they all stared at him, none of them moving, and none of them saying anything. veronica bit her tongue, trying her best not to panic.

he sat back down, "alright, fine." they all went to leave his office. "no surgeries."

they all turned to face him.

"sir?" cristina questioned.

"no one scrubs in. no one watches from the gallery. no one so much as goes near the or floor. until someone confesses the six of you will share a single patient, camille travis. whatever she wants, the six of you will provide it. now get the hell out of my sight," he bellowed.

they left.

"i will go back and tell him. i will tell him it was me," izzie offered.

"and get kicked out of the programme? you will keep your mouth shut. we all will keep our mouth shut," meredith instructed. her last statement was aimed at alex.

"this is crap. i'm turning her in," alex informed.

"alex..." meredith warned.

alex turned around to face her, "what? you're the one who said we had to stand by izzie."

"i am sorry," izzie spoke. "and i really do appreciate what you did for denny."

"oh shut up. look, the only reason i lied to burke was 'cause i wanted in on that transplant surgery. i don't care about denny and i hope you get thrown out on your ass."

meredith went to scold alex but cristina beat him to it.

"we stick together. we all did this. nobody is a victim. except maybe sunshine but she's nice enough to not turn anyone in. we stick together, dammit."

"thank you," izzie replied.

"you're welcome."

"she's right, we all got involved somehow," veronica voiced. "i'm not a victim, cristina, i helped."

"thank-"

"don't talk to me, izzie. i am still extremely mad at you and will be for the foreseeable future."

"right, sorry."

george was reading camille travis's file. he told them all what was happening. she was a kid with cancer.

"it's harder than you might think," bailey announced. "this is claire and natalie, camille travis's friends."

"her very best friends in the whole wide world," claire corrected.

"girls, who exactly is camille travis?"

"like, the chief of surgery's niece," natalie answered.

"and girls, what does the chief of surgery's niece want, exactly?"

"like a prom," natalie told.

claire looked to natalie, "no, like the best prom ever."

veronica had managed to sneak away from the two girls and to cristina and meredith, the former who was voicing her distaste for teenage girls.

"i wore a lot of black," meredith admitted. "had the whole angry pink hair thing going on. i wouldn't have been caught dead at a prom."

"my mother made me go. my date barfed on my dress and then tried to feel me up," cristina recalled.

"i think teenage girls get too much hate for everything they do," veronica thought aloud. "i was a cheerleader."

"that doesn't surprise me," cristina laughed.

veronica rolled her eyes, "i was a good cheerleader, and because i was younger than everyone else, i was small enough that i was the top of the pyramid. and then i was captain senior year. so, yeah i went to prom. i was nominated for prom queen. i don't know why i'm telling you this since you'll make fun of me until i die."

"how cute, sunshine," cristina cooed, mockingly, pinching the younger girls cheeks.

"you're the worst. i'm going back to the teenage girls."

veronica stuck her tongue out at the laughing pair before reentering the room that held the two girls rambling about their prom. they were still going on about the theme.

"a night at the movies. the red carpet. under the sea. all decent prom themes," veronica exclaimed.

they then moved onto the colour. george dragged veronica back into the room with everyone, hoping she could solve the colour problem.

"silver and white. it's mystical and magical without being over the top. ever see fashion week in new york? lots of silver and white runways and backdrops, that's because no matter what colour the clothes are they pop."

"they pop?"

"they pop."

veronica turned to the other five in front of her. she began ordering them on what to do, from balloon colour to where the prom was being held. they didn't move.

"why are you still standing there?" they didn't move. "move. move. move," she yelled, clapping her hands loudly. they rushed off, going to do what she had ordered them to do.

"wow. you know what you're doing," claire spoke.

"you're looking at an ex-cheerleader, prom queen nominee and homecoming queen winner as well as head of prom committee and so many other committees. i spent my high school career organising things like this," she revealed before turning around and leaving the room, going to organise the catering for prom.

—-

veronica was called into a conference room to talk to the chief about the lvad situation.

"i was never in trouble," she began. "ever. i never had a detention. i never missed a piece of homework. i was a straight a student. i did everything right. i graduated early. i have an iq that trumps yours. i graduated years before anyone else. i am the youngest intern you've had. and i'm in trouble for the first time in my life. and i won't tell you what happened because i'm not completely sure. i-i-i panicked. i was fending off a panic attack the entire time i was in that room. all i remember was telling them what medication would save his life," she rambled. she paused, taking a deep breath. richard continued to stare at her. "i finally have friends. i finally have friends that aren't there because i'm pretty and a cheerleader or because i'm smart or because they think i will help them get with my other so called friends. i have actual friends and i am not going to say what happened because for once in my life i am not alone. i have more than flora. i have friends."

"veronica. i know you didn't do it. you're the only one who called for help. you don't have to tell me who did it. you wouldn't have paged bailey if you did. you can go."

veronica stared at him, confused.

"i'm not in trouble?" she asked.

"no, veronica, you're not. you can go."

"thank you, sir."

—-

meredith asked veronica to go with her to the vet. they had to put doc down, their dog and veronica had been one of the only people who had loved the dog before they had to give him to derek. she loved the dog. veronica stood with her and derek, after addison had left, the two girls crying as doc was put down. they went back to the house after, neither talking about what they had had to do. veronica let meredith cry without saying anything, only handing her tissues as they drove home.

veronica went to her room once they arrived back home to change into her prom dress. she, luckily, still owned her one from high school, and although her body had changed a bit, it still fit, even if it was a little snug at the hips. she almost tripped as she walked over to where she placed her heels. she slipped them on grabbing her clutch and making her way back to the hospital with meredith.

she spent a lot of the prom talking to alex, who she still thought was a douche but not as much as she did when she originally met him. she danced with him, having no one else to dance with but also kind of enjoying it.

"i would have hated you in high school," she joked.

alex chuckled, "i would have hated you too."

"yeah, you would have. i was head cheerleader," she teased.

"no way," he scoffed.

"uh huh. my senior year, barely sixteen year old me was bossing around actual seniors," she recalled. "i was a good captain. and a great homecoming queen."

"i was the foster kid," he revealed.

"i wouldn't have hated you for that, just your personality," she quipped.

"i would have hated you for being a cheerleader," he admitted.

veronica laughed, throwing her head back slightly. alex joined in. once the song finished they parted ways. veronica made her way to cristina.

—-

denny had died. denny had died and izzie was not leaving his side. she was lying next to him, unmoving. olivia had let them in.

veronica watched as izzie told them about how it was probably a stroke and she didn't think of it.

they each tried to get her off of denny but she wouldn't move. alex tried convincing her that it was best if she got up. she hesitated before she began to cry. eventually, alex got her up by carrying her of the bed and holding her as she cried. they began on their way out of the hospital, izzie stopping by the chief, telling them that she cut the lvad wire. then she quit.

veronica followed her out, letting the girl take her hand as they walked. veronica was annoyed at her but the woman was mourning. she squeezed it, letting her thumb run across her knuckles gently.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

804 50 8
❝only brought this dress so you could take it off❞ ౨ৎ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, aurora grey starts her internship at the same hospital as where her oldest si...
1.4K 56 9
"Within the walls of hospitals and clinics, dressed not in capes but in scrubs, doctors battle the villains of disease and injury." Delilah Thompson...
7.6K 234 6
Younger Sister of Meredith Grey starts internship alongside her Sister, watch as she faces challenges and falls in love.
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC