Five years of yearning

By xi_ran

This story is about the time period when Gao Shide went to America . How Zhou shu yi wait for him each and ev... More

Wait for me : part 1
wait for me : part 2
Grateful to have you
"Do you feel it"
let's meet again
struggling with the pain of betrayal
Unexpected reunion
Day first of working together
Do I deserve this kind of pain
Wait! BROTHER?
You're not allowed to say that!
The Suspicion
Am I that unlovable?
I'm tired too
Taking care of him
Her confession
worried about my man
Author's Note
Heartbroken
Misunderstanding
jealous
passion
Wifey Don't Send Me There
My Baobei
The Fear
The Truth
Where Are You?
Dirty Game
Do You Really Deserve Him
Let's Suffer
Writer's Note
writer's note

it's too late for you to come back

559 14 8
By xi_ran

(A/N : From this chapter onwards the plot is going to change . )

"Dear mom ,

                      Today it's my first day in the office after I finally got the position of CEO . Last few days had been really tiresome. I'm finally going to do what dad wants.  It's been really hard for me to reach at this point. I'm really exhausted both physically and mentally .
Now the things have already changed I don't want to step back. But mom ....
I'm missing you and............ him..also......tsk..

It has been five years now since I last saw him. I don't know if he still thinks about me. I know it's alreay over now but sometimes I feel so helpless. I really wanna leave the things that happen in the past but it's way too hard to let go sometimes.

I know that five years ago I promised you that after what happened I'll never think about him anymore but look at me i still can't get over. I really hate myself.

But mamma  you don't need to worry about me .Now I'm not that immature and arrogant me of the past ,I have changed myself.
I'll do hard work to support dad . One day he will feel proud of me.

I'll take care of dad so you rest assured in the heaven ."

Your Shu Yi.

Zhou Shu Yi sighed heavily as he put down the pen on the table and continued to look at the words he have written in his diary.

Indeed it has been five years since Gao Shi De left to the America.
But in these five years he has never contacted Zhou Shu Yi.

Zhou Shu Yi waited and waited until one day he finally realized that the person whom he has been waiting for was never meant to come back.

The precious gem he thought he persevered well was already got stolen. Even the remnants are nowhere to seen.

Sometimes if it isn't meant to be it'll never be. No matter how hard you want to hold the things.

Gao Shi De said he would be come back as early as possible but five years isn't considered as a short time period.

In first few days they indeed talked to each other and he said he indeed missed him a lot and wanted to come back so hard. But it was Zhou Shu Yi who insisted him to stay a longer so that his mom wouldn't feel alone the new environment.

But after one day he suddenly stopped contacting him. Zhou Shu Yi thought it was due to work load so he decided not to distract him too much. it's been a couple of days but there was not a sign of a single call from the other person.

It made Zhou Shu Yi frustrated. No matter how a person supposed to be busy but he still got a few minutes to talk with whom he yearned for day and night.

He tried thousands of times to talk to him but there was  no response.
Even Gao Shi De's mom hadn't given any reply to his calls.

There were not so many people around Gao Shi De he knew, all he knew was him and her mom. Hopeless and helpless. He had no idea where to go and what to do. It's not like that he didn't believe Gao Shi De but there was a kind of little fear growing up in his heart.

What if Gao Shi De would never come back? What if he also did the same that Yu xin did. He wasn't strong enough to be heartbroken again.

Amidst the all theses insecurities and sadness there's another problem started to rise.
Zhou Shu Yi's dad's company suddenly faced a huge loss. Due to some internal conflict the board of directors suddenly refused to cooperate with each other. In this moment of crisis no one was ready to take the responsibility of the loss.

It was sure that someone have to take care of the matter and resign and all the fingers were directed towards Zhou Shu Yi's dad since he was the main director of finance management.
All the miscalculation were done under his guidance so he had no other choice.

There were so many greedy wolves waiting for taking advantage of this golden opportunity . Even his Zhou Shu Yi's uncles were the ones top on the list .

All these years they were able to do nothing but being secretly jealous of his dad's success. There were several times when they tried so hard to ruin his dad's reputation but in the end they've always unsuccessful .

This time when the golden opportunity itself comes to their threshold without any efforts they wouldn't let
go this matter so easily. So they intentionally provokes the board against his dad.

But there were also some good people in the company who weren't agree with his dad's resignation and wanted to give a him another chance to fix the problems.

After a long debate it was decided that no matter what his dad has to had the responsibility of the losses to set an  example for another employees in a case to avoid future troubles but he had given a chance to suggest a capable and professional person who can replace him.

For Zhou Shu Yi's dad the company was his dream and hard work of his half life. He didn't want to loose the company in some greedy and unfaithful hands.

So he decided to prepare Zhou Shu Yi for the next director of finance management.

He called Zhou Shu Yi over and told him to took the position of him.

At that time Zhou Shu Yi wasn't mentally prepared for this kind of sudden proposal and all the more he was so frustrated about Gao Shi De also.

He was still young and immature at that time. All the more his heart and mind both were in disarray. So in a impulse he refused his dad's proposal and told him straight that he wants to go America.

His dad wasn't aware about his love life at that time so he asked him the reason behind going abroad.

Zhou Shu Yi found himself in a dilemma whether he should tell him about Gao Shi De or not. What would be his dad's reaction after knowing that he actually loved a guy and now he wants to go America after him .

He knew his father was an ambitious man and wanted him to take care of their company and after finding out about this matter they wouldn't allowed him to go abroad after Gao Shi De.

So he lied that he was not experienced yet and wanted to gain some knowledge before officially taking over the position.

But there wasn't enough time to delay in this kind of matter as the company's financial management was already in mess and the the position of manager can't be vacant for a long time. If he didn't join now eventually there would be someone else who takes the position.

So his dad told him that he can join company first and working with his colleagues he would eventually get the experience. There's no need to waste extra time on small things like that. Since he had given such a great opportunity the best choice was to join.

It was not that he didn't want to help his dad but he  was well aware about that if once he joined the company there would be no any come back . So he argued with his father over this matter and left without agreeing on the deal.

After leaving his dad's apartment he went straight to Bing wei's house and told him to inquire about Gao Shi De's whereabouts and told to book a flight for him to the America .

Bing wei was more or less aware about his current situation so he agreed without saying anything. That night when Zhou Shu Yi finally arrived at his own apartment he was totally worn out. He was in a constant depression recently and moreover now there's another problem occurred.

For the last few days his life had been so messed that he even didn't eat well so his stomachache  flared up again. He dragged himself to the bedroom with difficulty .

His heart was throbbing with pain and mind was in eerie. He never thought loving someone would be that painful. He threw himself into the bed as he was way too tired after what happened today.

He was lying there staring at the ceiling without blinking once. He has been suffering for last few days but never did once showed it infront of others .

But the more he tried to hide it, more it would become unable to bear.

His eyes started to grow red and hot as the tear drop gathered at the corner of his lashes.

"Where are you, Shi De? " he whispered in almost trembling voice.

"It's already been six months since we last talked .

Are you alright there?

I don't know but there's something that's weighing me down .

A thing that is unbelievably crazy and unbearable. I wish I could understand what I'm feeling right now.

I have never thought that once I let you go , you would be that hard to find. Suddenly the world seems to become more scary and dark to me.

I just don't get it you said I'm important to you but still haven't talked to me in past few months.

As he said he started to sob ," I can't take it anymore. 

Please come back.

you're the one person I don't want to lose, you're the only one my heart wants the most.

You have no idea just how much I want to be with you all the time Shide.

I love you and...want you...

To be here..with me..

Would you please....." at the end he couldn't able to continue as his throat chocked with audible sobs.

Finally both his body and mind can't hold that overwhelming sadness and he started to cry hard lying in the bedding.

He cried till become completely numb, his both eyes swollen red.

Maybe after crying his heart become a little bit light from that overwhelming emotion before .

He was too exhausted to carry on and fell asleep slowly. The whole world outside was covered in the darkness of night with cool breeze blowing.
In that one particular night of summer a little heart slowly started to getting cold and loosing its warmth little by little.

The next morning Zhou Shu Yi was preparing to go to Bing wei's house that his dad's message popped up on  his phone screen.

"Shu Yi, I already decided and send your name to the board of directors as a new manager of finance management of CY group. You're going to join our company soon.  I already booked your flight ticket to Japan. Hope you won't let down your dad."

Zhou Shu Yi stared at the phone a bit and in the end he threw it on the sofa.

A little while later his phone rings again. This time it was Bing wei. Zhou Shu Yi immediately picked up the call and asked him about Gao Shi De.

Bing wei said he already booked his tickets to America but about Gao Shi De.... he said it would be better if he came to his house so he could tell about Gao Shi De's whereabouts.

As soon as he heard this he immediately grabbed his bag and run straight to Bing wei's house without any second thought.

After arriving at his home Zhou Shu Yi demanded him to give the information as soon as possible because he couldn't wait any longer.
But judging from the looks of Bing wei it wouldn't be anything good news.

He dragged Zhou Shu Yi to bedroom and give him a glass of water as he  told him to be calm a bit .
Zhou Shu Yi's face showed three parts dissatisfaction and seven parts unhappiness after inspecting Bing wei's behavior.  He  already got the feeling the thing comes next won't be anything good.

After some time Bing wei stated that he indeed found Gao Shi De's whereabouts but ....

Zhou Shu Yi's heart pounds after hearing what he said as a smile unconsciously appeared on his face but the next moment it disappeared as well.

He demanded "but what? "

There a little pause before Bing wei started to talk again but the momentary pause makes Zhou Shu Yi heart quenched so hard .

Bing wei give him his own phone and told him to take a look at it.

"Yesterday when you told me to investigate about Gao Shi De. I started to contact many of my friends who lives in America but  none of them know about Gao Shi De then suddenly an unknown person send me this picture with a message.

Take a look and tell me you still want to go to find him."

Zhou Shu Yi held the phone in his hand and constantly looking at the picture in the phone.

This glared without even blinking at the person in the picture. It was Gao Shi De. The person who makes him fall in love again when he had lost his belive in love. The person who holds him in the cold winter night and tells him that he was always there for him no matter how things turned out in the future, who once told him to wait for him.

He was still the same caring Gao Shi De of his but the difference was that the intense care in his eyes he used to show toward him ,now belongs to someone else.

Indeed Gao Shi De was hugging a girl in the photo so tightly so intimately. His face had a expression that he had finally found his long lost lover after so many years.

Even a blind could say that the relationship between the people in the picture was too deep by judging the way how they embrace each other.

There was also a message above the picture.

"Since things finally come to the right way I wanna let your friend Zhou Shu Yi to know that it would be better if he let Gao Shi De go.

About what happened earlier between them was a total misunderstanding. Gao Shi De was confused back then about his feelings and Zhou Shu Yi was heartbroken after getting rejected by his first love.

So maybe in those circumstances they attracted toward each other.
But now Gao Shi De finally realized his mistake and find his true love again.

He felt sorry for what happened earlier and afraid Zhou Shu Yi might heartbroken again so he hasn't been talking to him for last few months.

Now the misunderstanding finally resolved he wants Zhou Shu Yi to start a new journey and hope that one day he'll also find his true love. He still cared about him as a friend and wants him to let the things go that happened in the past.
Hope he'll understand Gao Shi De's true intent. Please let him know about it. "

Zhou Shu Yi's face was already red with anger and eyes teary as he tsked in mocking tone  ,"ture love , misunderstanding, friends.?....

Bing wei I told you to search about Gao Shi De, what kind of nonsense are you showing me,huh?"

He stood up and threw the phone away as he argued,  " do you really think I'm going to believe this nonsense which was cooked by a random person?

Bing wei said in a concerned tone, " but Shu Yi....

"What,  did Gao Shi De personally told you that he'd already fed up with me?

I love him and I know him very well. He can't play such kind of cheap tricks on me. He must be busy with some family matters and that's all ." He yelled.

"Shu Yi... listen to me, I'm not saying that Gao Shi De has already left you.  Just think about it ,it's been more than six months now since you talked to him . He never called you once nor did he reply to your calls. No one can be that busy to just reply a phone call.
All the more this girl is not any random person.  I searched about her . Not even Gao Shi De but his mom also know her. " Bing wei said as he showed him some other photos of that girl having dinner with Gao Shi De and his mom in a restaurant.

Zhou Shu Yi was way too heartbroken to accept the fact that he was already doomed by Gao Shi De .

"No.....

no ..it's all fake i won't believe in it until Gao Shi De tell me directly face to face that he don't want me anymore. "

"I won't believe.."

"Bing wei you heard that I said  I'm not gonna......" in the end he still couldn't hold in and burst into tears.

Bing wei came to his side and sit beside him as he consoled him, " Shu Yi as long as you won't believe in it, I'll also not gonna take it right either.

Just do what you think is right. I'll always support you. If you think things are confusing just follow your heart. Just go and meet him personally. Maybe there's still something that you don't know. "

Zhou Shu Yi curled himself on the sofa and crying so hard . After hearing what Bing wei said he looked up and wiped his tears .

"You are right,  I'll go and ask him directly. " As he said he stood up , grabbed his bag and nodded slightly at Bing wei.

Bing wei patted slightly on his back and nodded in mutual understanding.

In the evening , Zhou Shu Yi sitting in the waiting hall of airport continously looking at the his phone screen. He has been waiting for last one hour.

After leaving Bing wei's house he came straight to the airport without letting  his dad know . He even refused Bing wei to tell his father.

His mind was stuffed with heavy thoughts and heart emotionally overwhelmed . For him,  what happened earlier was a worse nightmare he ever had before.

He was thinking about it while an announcement made for the passengers waiting for flight to the America.

He took his stuff and ready to go while a notification pops on the top of his phone screen.

That single message hold him freeze  on the spot. Suddenly whole the surrounding became blurry for him, all he could see was just the name on his phone screen.

He waited days and nights just for this person to send him message and finally after so many months he replied.
It was Gao Shi De.

After so many days for the first time his heart felt at ease. His tiresome face brighten with a wide smile but the next moment it disappeared as fast as it comes when he read the content of the message.

"Hey! Zhou Shu Yi.
How have you been recently? Today I want to tell you something. First of all I'm sorry for not talking to you for last few months.
Actually I had been so confused for several days and not brave enough to talk to you.
But now I finally realize it's not good to keep you waiting .
I thought hundreds of times  but things get worse days by day.
But then someone came and helped me to clear my confusion.
In the last I conclude that the things happened between us in the past was just a impulse of momentary affection.
Let's over it here.
I can't be your forever.
I hope you'll find someone more suitable for you  and normalize your life soon.
Sorry if I hurt you.
Hope you understand.
Bye. "

Zhou Shu Yi's whole body becomes numb and his mind stopped working.
The first thing he did after reading the message was to call his dad.

"Hello,  dad!"
His was trying hard to resist the trembling in his voice but the emotional state of his mind was on the verge of collapsing.

"I'm.... gonnaaa... join the....the  company tomorrow . Book a flight to Japan as early as possible. I don't ....want to waste my time anymore..."

.................... .........................

[ 😭😭 when I first wrote this chapter I was listening the song "sometime" by Riley wang (love is sweet ost ) and it indeed hits so hard. ]

A/N: Sorry for the late update.  I have exams nowadays and at the end of the day I am too exhausted to keep writing.

Hope you're enjoying the story 😊.
If you like the story please let me know. it really helps me a lot to keep writing.

Let's meet in the next chapter .
Stay safe and take care of yourself.
Love ya! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 33.6K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...
61.6K 3.2K 13
Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are have been in a relationship for five years. One day, Xiao Zhan propose to Yibo, but Yibo rejected him and run away. After...
19.1K 1.2K 28
True love always worth the wait.... But was he aware of the wait!? Short chapters!!!! No proof reads, bear with my typos
51.2K 3.7K 28
"Hey! New here. I'm Xiao Zhan. Will be senior I suppose." . . "Hi ! I'm Wang Yibo." Came the reply plainly. This will be a story where Yibo will be f...