My missing mate *ON HOLD INDE...

By GeoKitten

When his pack is attacked, Matt and his pack find shelter with the Star pack. When they meet, Matt finds more... More

My missing mate
Planning a meeting
chapter 4
Author note

Chapter 2

349 2 0
By GeoKitten

Matt POV

It had started out as a normal day in the pack. We all lived in one house becasue we were a relativly small pack. My sister became Alpha female when she mated with my best friend. I was a little ticked when I found out that they were mates, but it was nothing that I could control. But still, I always had to be over protective because my sister and brother were the only ones that I had left. My parents died a couple of years ago, that's when Jacob and my sister took over as Alpha with me as beta. Now, we are about to go see if we can become allies with the Star pack. Them being the most powerful pack in the U.S and all. From what I hear their Alpha was just killed in a surprise attack while he and his mate were out running, I think their daughter is now Alpha.

"Matt, can you go over to the Star pack with Kyle tonight? Jacob and I have other plans, thanks bro!" I heard my sister shout to me from her room and then the door slam shut. I rolled my eyes knowing that they were going to be sleeping the whole night. The only thing that bugs me about my sister being Alpha is that even without her being able to control me, I would do whatever she asked me to anyway. I'm sucha a wuss, but I can't say no to my family.

"Well, better go change now." I muttered under my breathe. "Kyle go get ready, Sasha wants us to go over to the Star pack tonight!" I holler up the stairs and hear a muffled complaint from my baby brother. He hates going out and doing things that involve him leaving his room, he's such a nerd! I quickly jog down the hall and into my room, I change into jeans and a black shirt.

"Sasha! Jacob! We're leaving...." I trail off as I hear howling coming from the east. "Jacob get down here now!" I yell as I move to stand in front of  my brother. I quickly smell the air and recoil when the stench hits me. The only pack at that smells like death is the Demon Blood pack. They get their name from the fact that they are pure evil and kill anyone and everyone with no remorse at all. If you get in their way, you're as good as dead.

"Sasha! Jacob! We're under attack!" I try again and hear the sound of two sets of feet running down the stairs. "We need to gather the pack, I think their coming from the east but I can't be sure."

"Everyone, get down to the basement now!" I hear my sister shout to the entire pack. We obidiently went down to the one place that we could escape safely. You see our parents had been paranoid and had tunnels built staring from the basement. I guess they were thinking ahead. I look up as I hear a sniffle and see Clara. Clara is the orphan of  our pack, we all take care of her. But there is just something about her that I'm drawn to and have kind of taken on the fatherly role in her life.

"Matt, I'm scared!" she cries as I pick her up and rock her in my arms. Her parents had been taken a year ago and were found dead, so she doesn't really know how to react while all the other pups were safely tucked in their mother's arms.

"It's okay, Clara, I'll take care of you." I whisper to her and feel her relax at my cooing. Soon we hear noise up in the house and we all migrate to the tunnels. I turn to Rachel, one of the older women in our pack, and give the frightned girl to her. She takes her and runs ahead with the others as I and the other males take a protective stance at the entrance.

"Try and get to the Star pack, I'm sure they'll give us refuge and help. Matt help fend off the attack and make sure everyone gets out. Then get yourself out, understand?" I nodded and gave my family a hug. I shooed them off and heard howls as Sasha and Jacob led the pack out. I turned to the basement door to see it being knocked down.

"Now." I muttered to the others and we all changed at the same time. In about a minute we were fighting and losing, but we kept it up intil the Demon Blood's retreated. I knew this wasn't the end and that they were gong to go after the pack, so we turned down the tunnel, with me in the lead and made sure everyone had gotten out.

"You all go ahead, I'm going to look and see if there were any straglers." I order the guys that had stayed, most were nervous and wanted to follow the scent of their mate until they found them again. I wouldn't know what they were thInking becasue I hadn't found mine yet. But I can sympathize, I was anxious to know if my family was okay. After a quick look around our territory, I headed off in the direction of the Star pack's territory. I knew I had about a good, ten minute run and was surprised that the Demon Blood pack had pulled back so easily. They probably figured that they could take us, but there is one thing my back was known for...our determination.

Hope Pov

It had only been minutes after I got to my office that people from the Jameson pack started to pour into our house. We were surprised to see that not alot of people were injured. The only one's that seemed to need midical attention, not much at that, were the guys who had fought when the attack was first started. I was surprised, the only wolf missing seemed to be Matt. Kyle told me that Matt would be coming soon because he would have stayed behind to make sure no one had been overlooked.

Sasha and Jacob were still sleeping and I was guessing would be for a while, Uncle said that Jacob's injuries weren't that sever and Sasha felt out of it due to the fact that her mate was unconcious.

I heard a howl and rushed outside to see a black wolf standing outside. He quickly changed back into a human and I turned around. I walked up to the porch and shut the door to my house. When I turned back aorund the guy was standing next to me, I slowly looked up into his eyes and was lost in their cool blue color. His hiar was chocolate brown and he had a light tan from being outside,his gaze softened as he looked at me.

"Hope! Hope!" I heard someone calling form inside the house and pulled out of my trance. "Hope, it's a message from the Silver moon pack." I hear Jace holler and rush inside with,  I assume, Matt.

"Alpha Hope?" Inquired a small girl with steely gray eyes. She was Kyrsa, the beta for the Silver moon pack.

"Kyrsa, yes please come up to my office." I say and start up the stairs. I am completely aware that Matt was also following me, but that's okay. I needed the silver moon's help if I was going to help out sasha and the others.

Once we got up and into my offic e I shut the door and gestured for them to sit in the chairs in front of my desk. Jace came up and gave me a hug and nuzzled my nack in brotherly way, but stepped back at the sound of a growl. I looked up into the eyes of Matt and smiled in a reasuring way. Jace stepped back and went to stand by the door.

"So, Alex, heard that there was an attack close to our home and sent me to see if you all would a few people over to help us protect our house. We don't need many, Alex wanted me to stress that part." I winked at kyrsa knowing that Alex was very wary when asking for my help. He thought it showed him weak as an Alpha to admit that he couldn't take care of things himslef.

"Of course, Jace take a few of the older wolves and you follow Kyrsa to their territory and do whatever Alex tells you to." I ordered and heard a slight whimper, Jace hated taking orders from Alex for the sheer fact Alex was his younger cousin. he didn't like to be in a position to take orders from his family when they were younger than him. Jace had joined my pack when he bacame mates with one of our girls, leaving his siter, Kyrsa, with the job of beta.

"Yes, and how many do we need to take sister?" He questioned his twin, yes they were twins and they acted just the same. They both had silver eyes, that had yearned the pack it's name, that and the fact that most of their pups were born on a full moon, and midnight black hair. I watched them as they left and chuckled when I heard them start to argue. After a minute I let my head fall down and hit my desk as I sighed, completely and totally exhusted. I heard a slight movement as Matt came over and rubbed my back.

"Are you okay, Hope? You look like you've been dealing wiht a lot." I heard him ask and lifted my head to look at him. His eyes softened and I was lost again. The next thing that I'm aware of his lips on mine in a soft kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself to a standing position as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. After a minute he pulled away, much to my dismay, he leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes.

"Do you know how long I've waited to find you?" I asked, chuckling when I heard Matt make a sound in agreement. "So care to share what happened? I'd like to know how to prepare the pack. Here, let's go to my room, I've been cooped up in this office and in the living room all day." I groan and lead him out and down the hall to the stair case. I walk up one flight and turn right, I walk to the end of the hall and open the door. As soon as I'm inside my room, I flopepd down on my bed. It felt good to lie down for once today.

"So, tell me what happened in the fight." I said pulling Matt down to sit next to me on the bed. I look up into his eyes as he starts to tell me that the Demon Blood's had attacked him. Crap! I think, not again!

Comment, vote, fan!!!

Constructive critism is welcome and apreciated!

Continue Reading